Home

2016 - San Diego Padres - Fantasy Draft Franchise

This is a discussion on 2016 - San Diego Padres - Fantasy Draft Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2016, 09:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 31
2016 - San Diego Padres - Fantasy Draft Franchise

I will be playing all 162 games and the goal is to be done by Xmas.

I am playing on CLASSIC PITCHING, AUTO FIELDING (but I make the throws), ALL-STAR DIFFICULTY.

Here is all of my rosters (MLB, AAA, AA, and A).

I drafted 22nd overall in the fantasy draft.

San Diego Padres
Rotation

Bullpen

Starting Line-Up

Bench

El Paso Chihuahuas - AA
Rotation

Bullpen

Starting Line-Up

Bench

San Antonio Missions - AA
Rotation

Bullpen

Starting Line-Up

Bench

Lake Elsinore Storm - A
15-Man Roster

Last edited by Ruffy; 08-31-2016 at 02:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2016, 09:48 PM   #2
MVP

Re: 2016 - San Diego Padres - Fantasy Draft Franchise

Game 1 - LA Dodgers (0-0) at SD Padres (0-0)

The Padres start the season off with a convincing 6-2 win in front of a standing room only opening day crowd. San Diego took Carlos Correa 22nd overall in the fantasy draft and the first round pick did not disappoint. Starting his day off with a 2-out double in the first inning, then smashing a 2-run to left center (part of a 3-HR 4th inning for the Padres). His triple came in the 6th from a line drive into the right center gap. Bottom of the 8th he completes the Opening Day Cycle with a solid base hit to center.

"I felt great in BP today, and luckily I carried that into the game." -- Carlos Correa

Meanwhile Adam Wainwright managed to keep the Dodgers off the scoreboard through 8 innings. LA snuck 2 runs in the 9th (1 unearned), but the 10 year veteran finished the game off for the complete game win. His final Line 9.0 IP 5H 2R 1ER 2BB 5K's 1.00 ERA. "Our bats came alive today, when the guys get me runs like that, it makes it easy for me to just go out there and execute" -- Adam Wainwright.

Game 2 is set for 7:10 local time with the Dodgers Junior Guerra taking on San Diego's Aaron Sanchez.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:01 AM   #3
MVP

Game 2 - LA Dodgers (0-1) at SD Padres (1-0)

It took all of two games this season for the Padres to give the home sellout crowd a heart-attack in the late innings. Aaron Sanchez was cruising along into the bottom of the 7th inning holding the Dodgers to only 2 runs on 2 hits, but after a leadoff BB, followed by a WP and then a single to tie the game-up, then left in the game with 2 outs, a wild pitch on a 3-2 change-up that puts LA up 4-3. Sanchez final line was 7.2 IP 3H 4R 4 ER 3 BB 9K's and two wild pitches.

After Fernando Rodney manages a 1-2-3 9th inning the Padres top of line-up is set to bat in the bottom of the 9th against LA's sinker ball closer Jeurys Familia. But lead-off batter Devon Travis takes an 0-1 fastball over the wall in center to tie the game up at 4. Joc Pederson then singles off the first pitch he see's and is replaced with speedster Jerrod Dyson. Dyson steals 2nd base but Carlos Correa is erased on a nasty slider. The next batter Kris Bryant and with 1-out and a smashes an 0-1 slider up the middle scoring Dyson easily for the walk-off 5-4 win.

"I was looking for something middle-in to put a good swing on. I managed to not miss my pitch." -- Kris Bryant

Game 3 is set for 6:10 local time with the Dodgers Michael Pineda (0-0) taking on San Diego's Brandon Finnegan (0-0).

"I just wanted to get on base. I saw a pitch-up and put a good swing on it. Lucky for me it went over the wall." -- Devon Travis
Old 08-31-2016, 02:11 AM   #4
MVP

Game 3 - LA Dodgers (0-2) at SD Padres (2-0)

The Padres were looking to start the season 3-0 for the first time since 1984 (http://www.baseball-reference.com/te...e-scores.shtml). Young lefty Brandon Finnegan would be in tough against the hard throwing Michael Pineda. Both hurlers kept things close with both allowing only one run through 4 innings of play. The Dodgers would take the lead in the top of the 5th on a 2-out ground ball off the bat of Buster Posey that eats up Kris Bryant at 3B and allows Mookie Betts to score giving LA a 2-1 lead.

Howie Kendrick leads off the 8th inning for the Padres with a single up the middle knocking Pineda out of the game. Jake Diekman is summoned to the mound and has Devon Travis sacrifice bunt the pinch-runner Jarrod Dyson into scoring position. Carlos Correa comes up and promptly destroys a 1-1 slider into the left centerfield bleachers for a mammoth 477foot two-run HR to give the Padres a 3-2 lead. Roberto Osuna slammed the door shut with a 1-2-3 ninth inning for his first save of the season.

"He hung the slider and I'll admit I got all of it." -- Carlos Correa

San Diego enjoys a day off to travel to Colorado to face the 2-1 Rockies on the first road trip of the season. Probable starter for the Padres is Bartolo Colon (0-0) while getting the home opener nod for the Rockies is Mat Latos (0-0).

"We are off to a great start. But it is a long season so we won't be planning any parades just yet." -- SD Padre Manager, Andy Green
Old 08-31-2016, 09:36 PM   #5
MVP

Game 4 - SD Padres (3-0) at Colorado Rockies (2-1)

Mat Latos was in fine form for the Rockies in the sold out home opener. He manage to keep the Padres off the scoreboard through 6.1 IP while striking out 9 batters in leading the Rockies to the 4-0 win. San Diego bats were baffled all game long as they whiffed a season high 13 times in the loss. Andre Either provided the bulk of the offense with an RBI triple in the 4th inning and an RBI single in the Rockies 3-run 8th inning. Bartolo Colon went a solid 7 innings in the loss.

"It felt great to pitch like that in front of a packed house. " -- Mat Latos

Game 2 of the 3 game series has young Padres lefty Daniel Norris (0-0) taking on the Rockies Charlie Morton (0-0).

"I took advantage of good hitting counts and went with the pitches instead of forcing a swing on them. " -- Andre Eithier
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 10:59 PM   #6
MVP

Game 5 - SD Padres (3-1) at Colorado Rockies (3-1)

A cold and rainy night in the Colorado mountains cooled off bats for another night. The humidor has been in full effect as so far neither team has homered at Coors Field this series. Charlie Morton out duels Daniel Morris with a 5 hit complete game to give Colorado their 3rd straight win.

A four hit 3-run 6th inning gave the Rockies a 3-1 lead. Morton would shut the door the rest of the way finishing the game with a 1-2-3 ninth inning for his 4th career complete game and his first since 2011.

"I just got in a good rhythm today. I had the confidence to throw any pitch at any time for a strike. When a pitcher has that going for him, he's hard to beat." -- Charlie Morton

The final game of the 3 game set is likely to be another pitching duel between the Padres Adam Wainwright (1-0, 1.00) taking on the Rockies ace Jake Arrieta (1-0, 0.00).
Old 09-01-2016, 12:54 AM   #7
MVP

Game 6 - SD Padres (3-2) at Colorado Rockies (4-1)

Both teams aces faced off in the final game of the 3 game series where the Rockies had so far enjoyed home field advantage taking the first two games and looking for the sweep. Jake Arrieta and Adam Wainwright were both dealing through the first 5 innings of play keeping things scoreless. Freddie Freeman manages to get the visiting Padres on the board first with a 2-out single to left scoring Jerrod Dyson for the 1-0 lead. But in the bottom of the 6th the Rockies answered right back when Jake Lamb hit an opposite field wall scraper on a 2-1 cutter to tie things up at 1-1.

Jake Arrieta's pitch count forces him out of the game after 7 strong innings, his final line is 7.0 IP 3H 1R 1ER 2BB 9K, leaving him with a no-decision. Adam Wainwright was also finished after the 7th inning, his final line is 7.0 IP 7H 1R 1ER 0BB 3K, but given a chance to grab the win if the Padres can do damage in the 8th.

"I was looking for a first pitch fastball and something up and in. I got all of it. " -- Freddie Freeman

Well damage was done as Freddie Freeman hits the first pitch he sees with 2-outs and Jerrod Dyson on third (Dyson had stolen 2nd and 3rd in the inning, giving him 4 SB's in the game), deep over the wall in right field to give the Padres the 3-1 lead.

Antonio Bastardo handled business in the 8th and Roberto Osuna came in for a 1-2-3 ninth inning to grab his 2nd save of the season.

"I kept the boys in it and they rewarded me with some late inning runs. We just don't quit. " -- Adam Wainwright

The Padres are off to Philadelphia for a 4-game series vs the NL East leading Phillies. Aaron Sanchez (0-0, 4.70) takes on lefty Drew Pomeranz (1-0, 2.25).
Old 09-02-2016, 02:39 AM   #8
MVP

Game 7 - SD Padres (4-2) at Philadelphia Phillies (5-1)

Padres bats explode for 8 runs on 11 hits in an 8-1 pounding of the Phillies. Trouble started early and often for the Phillies Drew Pomeranz walking 2 batters in the first inning and allowing 2 early runs. Philadelphia managed to get a run back in the bottom of the first but Aaron Sanchez settled down and threw a brilliant 7 innings of 3 hit ball including a career high 9 strikeouts to record his first win of the season.

"I settled down after the first inning. Mark (Wieters) called a great game. We were on the same page all game long." -- Aaron Sanchez

The Padres broke the game wide open in the 5th bringing 8 men to the plate, with the final knockout blow being a 2-run HR to left center off the bat of Mark Wieters. That homerun took Pomeranz out of the game before he could manage an out in the 5th. His final line, 4.0 IP 6H 5R 5ER 5BB 1K dropping his record to 1-1 on the season, and raising his ERA to 5.25.

"It was one of those games where everything was working for us." -- Mark Wieters

Game 2 of the 4-game set features the Padres Brandon Finnegan (0-0, 1.50) and the Phillies Taijuan Walker (0-1, 2.57). Both searching for their first wins of the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »