Home

Moneyball 2.0: Saving the A's (An MLB'17 Dynasty)

This is a discussion on Moneyball 2.0: Saving the A's (An MLB'17 Dynasty) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Moneyball 2.0: Saving the A's (An MLB'17 Dynasty)

Oakland Herald Leader

Bassit Pounded, A's Drop 7th of 8
Associated Press
June 20, 2018

Entering Wednesday, the A's have been mired in their worst stretch of baseball all season. Exiting Wednesday...the A's are still in their worst stretch of the season. To say the loss of Healy has been big has been an understatement, however, today was on the pitching. Chris Bassitt surrendered three runs in the top of the first and the team never could recover. Michael Brantley would feast off Bassitt, doubling, homering and driving in four total.

Offensively, it was Jackson leading the charge for the A's, picking up 3 hits. Canha and Wendle would both add home runs, but neither mattered as the game was well out of hand once each would hit. The final score was a very lopsided 12-3. This drops the A's to a season low 32-42, 10 games under .500 and almost 6 games back of first. The only saving grace for the A's is that the West has been horrible, with the Angles the only team skimming above the middle mark.

Old 04-04-2017, 07:37 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Athletics send:
Stephen Vogt, C
Tommy Brown, CF (C POT)

Red Sox send:
Odubel Herrera, UTL
Sandy Leon, C
Reasoning: Boston Red Sox approached the Oakland Athletics about this trade. Boston wasn't using Herrera in the lineup (behind Jackie Bradley Jr.) and was chasing division. Vogt is in his last year with me and I'll likely turn the position over to Hatcher come opening day (he's become easily my best option against LHP at the position and is gaining to the point where he's viable against RHP, too) Had no catchers worth anything. I'll take Herrera and Leon. Leon will take over against RHP this season and then be non-tendered in the offseason. Herrera will likely take over CF next year if Meadows needs one more year in the minors, and Jackson will be traded at some point.

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 04-04-2017 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:14 PM   #19
Rookie

Oakland Herald Leader

A's Can't Hit in Herrera Debut, Lose 6-3
Associated Press
July 3, 2018

Their first game without Vogt and with Herrera went about as standard as you could ask lately: the A's couldn't hit and lost. Triggs gave up 3 home runs (Upton, Cabrerea and Martinez), while striking out 7 in 5, but it was not enough, as the A's managed 10 hits, but only 3 runs.

With the loss, the A's fall further behind the Angels headed into the All-Star Break. The A's have a 4 game set against the Angels right before break, and will hope to make up some ground. Herrera went hitless in his first game in Oakland, but seems excited for his time here. "Yeah, the crowd was exciting. The weather is great," Odubel said, "I'm just excited to help these guys out. I know this might not be the year, but the kids coming up? I'm excited".
Old 04-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #20
Rookie

Please comment if you'd like. Tell me about the format....if I'm doing it right...if the story is good...! Interaction is good.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:40 AM   #21
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Really good so far. Keep it up!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #22
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

Long time (over 30 years) A's here. Like to see them being Represented here... I was going to do one this year but after doing this thing since PC game days back with Front Page Sports baseball series... I think it is time for me to step aside and let another generation have a go with this...

I will be following... I will be following...

your dong an outstanding job on this... can't find any fault in it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »