Home

The Career of Robert Osmond

This is a discussion on The Career of Robert Osmond within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2017, 05:32 PM   #1
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

OVR: 0
The Career of Robert Osmond

The Chicago Cubs' front office has gotten even younger. Theo Epstein is the President of Baseball Operations at only 43 years old. Jed Hoyer who previously served as both Executive Vice President and General Manager at only 43 years old, will now serve as just Executive Vice President. This means that the Chicago Cubs will now have a new General Manager going forward into the 2016-17 offseason and 2017 season. Robert Osmond, who get this is only 24 years old and fresh out of college, will now serve as the team's new General Manager.

Robert Osmond will be taking over as the Cubs' General Manager following the team coming off its first World Series championship in 2016 since 1908. The Cubs have one of the most loaded/stacked rosters in the majors and pretty darn good farm too. Robert Osmond basically inherited a rookie gm's dream coming into the league. But, following a 2016 season in which saw the team win 103 games in route to their first World Series championship since 1908 the pressure is on Robert and the first of the front office, coaching staff, and players to continue to live up to the hype and to possibly repeat as World Series Champions. Entering the start Spring Training in 2017 the Cubs stand at one overall in the preseason power rankings. This team has a lot to live up for and cannot afford to have a down season. Playoffs and a deep postseason run/berth are virtually a must. How will this team respond to all this and to having a new rookie General Manager who is the youngest ever in MLB history? Stay tuned to find out!

My strategy in all this will be based on making solid drafting, smart trades, and smart free agency signings. I will try my best to keep trades and free agent signings as realistic as possible. I will play every game including Spring Training games and am planning on carrying this franchise from MLB The Show 17 over into future MLB The Show video games. I have left on the ability to be fried and/or change teams during the course of your career so that it adds to the realism.

Settings:

Rosters:Shotfuze100's Full Minors Roster (my own custom made full minors roster)
Hitting/Baserunning Difficulty:Veteran
Pitching Difficulty:All-Star
Fielding Difficulty:Veteran

How Often Will I Provide Updates:

I will start off by doing a preseason/Spring Training preview (such as power rankings and my team's Spring Training roster. Then I will do an end of Spring Training update which will consist of things such as Spring Training standings and stats and my MLB, Triple-A, and Double-A rosters. Will also post updates relating to any potential trades I or the computer controlled teams make through the season. Once the regular season starts I will post updates every two weeks of the regular season with things such as updated standings (both divisional and wildcard) stats (league leaders, award frontrunners, All-Star game voting, etc.). Again I will have separate/individual posts for trades, but, I will also have a separate/individual post for the draft. Finally, there will be a season recap post, playoff series recaps (should we make the playoffs), and lastly posts relating to key offseason signings. Finally, I would like it noted that I will focus mainly/mostly on the team(s) I am general manager of.

May I now present to you my career as MLB's newest general manager!

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

Last edited by RJ1992; 04-29-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2017, 08:21 PM   #2
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Re: The Career of Robert Osmond

Preseason/Spring Training Power Rankings

1)Chicago Cubs
2)Washington Nationals
3)L.A. Dodgers
4)Cleveland Indians
5)N.Y. Mets
6)S.F. Giants
7)Houston Astros
8)Toronto Blue Jays
9)Boston Red Sox
10)Detroit Tigers
11)N.Y. Yankees
12)Seattle Mariners
13)Miami Marlins
14)St. Louis Cardinals
15)K.C. Royals
16)Baltimore Orioles
17)Philadelphia Phillies
18)Texas Rangers
19)Atlanta Braves
20)Arizona Diamondbacks
21)L.A. Angels
22)Colorado Rockies
23)Tampa Bay Rays
24)Pittsburgh Pirates
25)Cincinnati Reds
26)Oakland Athletics
27)Chicago White Sox
28)Milwaukee Brewers
29)Minnesota Twins
30)S.D. Padres

It seems only fitting that the Cubs are number one overall in the pre-Spring Training power rankings, after all they are the reigning World Series Champions. Now the question becomes are they worthy of that first overall ranking and can they repeat as World Series Champions in 2017.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:31 PM   #3
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Chicago Cubs' Background Knowledge

Founded:1876
Seasons:1876-current, currently at 142 seasons
Record:10723-10198, .513 W-L%
Playoff Appearances:18
Pennants:17
World Championships:3
Winningest Manager:Cap Anson, 1282-932, .579 W-L%
Current Manager:Joe Maddon

2016 Record:103-58, .640%, World Series Champions
2015 Record:97-65, .599%, Playoff Appearance, Wildcard Team
2014 Record:73-89, .451%, 5th Place NL Central
2013 Record:66-96, .407%, 5th Place NL Central

Times have definitely changed for the Cubs. They have gone from one of the worst teams in the league and last place in their division to World Series Champions. Can Robert Osmond as the team's newest GM continue and sustain the team's current level of success? Only time will tell!
Old 04-29-2017, 08:48 PM   #4
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Cubs Add First Base Depth Prior to Start of Spring Training

Cubs release RP Brian Duensing (Age 34, 67OVR, C Potential), Cubs sign 1B Justin Morneau (Age 34, 75OVR, B Potential) to 1yr/$4.00M contract.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:55 PM   #5
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Cubs Add Shortstop Depth Prior to Start of Spring Training

Cubs release RP Conor Mullee (Age 29. 54OVR, D Potential), Cubs sign SS Jimmy Rollins (Age 38, 71OVR, B Potential) to 1yr/$2.5M contract.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #6
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Cubs Solidify Bullpen Depth Prior to Spring Training

Cubs release RP Jack Leathersich (Age 26, 65OVR, C Potential), sign RP Sean Burnett (Age 34, 75OVR, B Potential) to a 2yr/$5.0M contract.

Cubs release RP Jose Rosario (Age 26, 61OVR, C Potential), sign RP Joba Chamberlain (Age 31, 72OVR, C Potential) to a 1yr/$2.0M contract.

Cubs release RP Aaron Brooks (Age 26, 59OVR, C Potential), sign RP Carlos Villanueva (Age 33, 70OVR, C Potential) to a 2yr/$3.0M contract.

Cubs release RP Pierce Johnson (Age 25, 57OVR, C Potential), sign RP Colby Lewis (Age 37, 70OVR, B Potential) to a 1yr/$2.0M contract.

Cubs move Colby Lewis from RP to SP. Lewis improves from 70OVR to 73OVR following position change.

Last edited by RJ1992; 04-30-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Cubs Add Starting Pitcher Depth Prior to Start of Spring Training

Cubs release SP Duane Underwood (Age 22, 59OVR, B Potential), sign Chris Capuano (Age 38, 72OVR, B Potential) to a 1yr/$2.5M contract.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #8
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Cubs Upgrade Catcher Depth Prior to Start of Spring Training

Cubs release C Victor Caratini (Age 23, 60OVR, C Potential), sign C Dioner Navarro (Age 33, 72OVR, C Potential) to 2yr/$5.0M contract.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »