Home

The Evil Empire

This is a discussion on The Evil Empire within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #17
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Evil Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout
Great to see Giancarlo and Judge mashing it for you. What's your plan with Gleyber since he's already up in the big leagues? Is it try to start him as much as you can and see how it goes?
yeah bro they have been on fire this season, hopefully they can keep it up. I'm a little confused about what to do with Gleyber. He's not very good ratings wise, but I don't wanna send him down. Any advice? I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to roster management in baseball. I've been trying to play him the last few games and he hasn't done bad for me. He had a fielding/throwing error on his first fielding opportunity so that was a little sad, but despite his low batting ratings, he's not doing too bad for me.
Old 04-14-2018, 02:52 PM   #18
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

Game Recap: Series #5 -- Game #14
New York Yankees
@ Detroit Tigers

Nicholas Castellanos makes a great diving catch in the second inning

Neil Walker records three errors in two innings and was substituted with Greg Bird

Daniel Norris comes in for Jordan Zimmerman in the 8th inning and went on to retire the next eight batters

Gary Sanchez is frustrated after leaving the potential go-ahead run stranded on third

Jordan Montgomery put on a show in his second start of the season

With two men on base and two outs, Adam Warren came away with a clutch strike out of Nicholas Castellanos to end the inning

After back-to-back singles by Brandon Drury and Jacoby Ellsbury, Greg Bird recorded a 2-RBI double to score the game's first points

Leonys Martin strikes out for Detroit's final out as the Yankees escape with a win despite recording six errors

Old 04-14-2018, 03:58 PM   #19
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

Game Recap: Series #5 -- Game #15
New York Yankees
@ Detroit Tigers

The Yankees recalled 1B Tyler Austin and have optioned 2B Gleyber Torres to AAA Scranton

Jacoby Ellsbury is caught stealing in the first inning after being walked

Miguel Cabrera advances the runner to second and the Tigers strike first thanks to an RBI-single by Nicholas Castellanos

The Tigers add another run after the solo home run by Jeimer Candelario

Mikie Mahtook hits a solo home run of his own to increase Detroit's lead to three

After giving up back-to-back two out hits, C.C. Sabathia surrendered a 4th run to Dixon Machado, ending his day

The Yankees get on the board thanks to an RBI sacrifice fly by Austin Romine

After a walk by Jacoby Ellsbury and a ground rule double by Brett Gardner, Stanton grounded out and Ellsbury scored to cut their deficit down to 2

Alex Wilson came in and recorded his second save, retiring the side 1-2-3

Last edited by LopaKa; 04-15-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #20
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

Game Recap: Series #5 -- Game #16
New York Yankees
@ Detroit Tigers

Both teams will be sending out their aces on Jackie Robinson day

The Yankees and the Tigers come into the game as the Top 2 teams in the league in runs allowed this season

A routine single turned into an RBI-double by Gary Sanchez after center fielder Leonys Martin let the ball bounce over his head

The Yankees get an insurance run in the 6th after an RBI-double by Jacoby Ellsbury brought home Didi Gregorius

New York adds another run thanks to a solo home run by Greg Bird, ending Michael Fulmer's day

Ronald Torreyes pinch hits in the 9th inning and would hit into a routine double play, but Dixon Machado overthrew Niko Goodrum to allow Aaron Judge to score

Aroldis Chapman came in and retired the side to help the Yankees improve to 12-4

Luis Severino improves to 4-0 on the year with another impressive start

Last edited by LopaKa; 04-16-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #21
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

Game Recap: Series #6 -- Game #17
Miami Marlins @ New York Yankees

J.T. Realmuto records an RBI-single to give Miami the early 1-0 lead at the top of the 1st

Miami increases their lead to 2 after an RBI-single by Realmuto brought home Justin Bour in the 3rd

In the next half inning, Greg Bird tied the game at 2 with a 422-foot 2-run home run

Dellin Betances celebrates after striking out the side in the 8th inning, he retired the next six batters and finished with five strike outs

Garrett Cooper finally breaks the stalemate in the 10th inning with an RBI-single

Realmuto records his third RBI-single in the game to extend the Marlins lead to 2

Kyle Barraclough recorded his 4th save after recording the game's final three outs

Last edited by LopaKa; 04-16-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #22
Rookie

Stout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
yeah bro they have been on fire this season, hopefully they can keep it up. I'm a little confused about what to do with Gleyber. He's not very good ratings wise, but I don't wanna send him down. Any advice? I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to roster management in baseball. I've been trying to play him the last few games and he hasn't done bad for me. He had a fielding/throwing error on his first fielding opportunity so that was a little sad, but despite his low batting ratings, he's not doing too bad for me.
The most realistic option is what you did, which is keep him in AAA until absolutely necessary so he plays every day and develops. I haven't played MLB past couple years so I'm not sure if the rule from real life where keeping a player in the minors to a certain point gives you an extra year of team control with them.

Or, if Drury or Walker gets hurt, call him up then. I wouldn't call Gleyber up if Torreyes gets hurt just so he can sit on the bench every day. (Unless there's a way to get Gleyber ABs elsewhere.)
Old 04-16-2018, 03:20 PM   #23
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

Game Recap: Series #6 -- Game #18
Miami Marlins @ New York Yankees

Jacoby Ellsbury hits his third home run of the year, a lead-off 397-footer to give the Yankees the early lead

Sonny Gray starts off red hot, recording 7 strike outs and retiring ten straight batters through four innings

After reaching first on a walk, Starlin Castro tried to score the tying-run off of a double by Dietrich, but he was tagged out at home plate

Aaron Judge records his first triple of the year after center fielder Lewis Brinson missed the catch

Giancarlo Stanton hits an RBI-sacrifice fly to extend the Yankees lead to 2 in the 7th inning

Aroldis Chapman strikes out Brinson and records his 6th save of the season

The Yankees split the 2-game series with the Marlins, as they improve to 13-5 with a 3.0 game lead in the AL East

Last edited by LopaKa; 04-16-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:29 PM   #24
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stout
The most realistic option is what you did, which is keep him in AAA until absolutely necessary so he plays every day and develops. I haven't played MLB past couple years so I'm not sure if the rule from real life where keeping a player in the minors to a certain point gives you an extra year of team control with them.

Or, if Drury or Walker gets hurt, call him up then. I wouldn't call Gleyber up if Torreyes gets hurt just so he can sit on the bench every day. (Unless there's a way to get Gleyber ABs elsewhere.)
Thanks for the terrific advice Stout, as I said before i'm kind of a noobie when it comes to this stuff. So he will develop by himself in AAA? I'll most likely keep him there until, like you said, a starter gets hurt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »