Home

The Loveable Winners: A Chicago Cubs Dynasty (OOTP 19)

This is a discussion on The Loveable Winners: A Chicago Cubs Dynasty (OOTP 19) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
The Loveable Winners: A Chicago Cubs Dynasty (OOTP 19)

The Loveable Winners
A Chicago Cubs Dynasty

Hello and welcome to my Chicago Cubs Dynasty in Out of the Park 19! As for a quick background, I've been around these forums both lurking in the shadows and also documenting my Dynasties/CFM's for the last two years or so. I'm a die-hard baseball fan and recently picked up OOTP 19 and gave it a go. I find writing these dynasty threads keeps me well immersed and engaged through my time, plus it gives me some reading material for...ya know. Anyways, below are a couple of questions & answers that will cover the basics of this thread. As always, comments or likes are well appreciated if you're following, it's fun to get some feedback every once in a while. Enjoy!

Why the Cubs?

Large market, die-hard fan base, and a well built roster. I enjoy rebuilds, don't get me wrong, but man can I appreciate a team who has been carefully constructed and has produced results. The 2018 Cubs are no doubt different than the World Series lineup, in large part due to the different pitching staff, but the heart of the team remains in tact. I want to keep this beautiful thing alive and really create a dynasty with my Cubbie Nation.

How am I going to write this?

I have written both casually and "press" in my former threads. Personally, I enjoy writing casually because I can just relay my thoughts instead of trying to devise a way to get them across third person through the stats, coach, or media. This is going to be relaxed & I plan to detail my thoughts, opinions, and maybe even ask questions about what to do if I get some people following that have a better grasp on certain situations than I do. There won't be cool graphics or pictures, just straight up text, I'll leave the fancy stuff to the experts.

Difficulty, rules, simulation process?

I'll be playing on Average difficulty and will do my best to keep things completely realistic. I don't plan on trading more or less than the average team, and I certainly will not try to trick the CPU to get what I don't deserve. In terms of my simulation process, I'll be playing every at-bat by clicking one of the functions (Swing Away, Take Pitch, Bunt, Pitch, Pitch Around, Pitch to Contact, etc). By playing every at-bat, it allows me to form a better relationship with my guys & get more immersed in the process.

Last edited by saintrules; 05-15-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Re: The Loveable Winners: A Chicago Cubs Dynasty (OOTP 19)

Cubbies HQ

Team Achievements
Overall Record: 0-0
World Series Championships:
National League Pennats:
National League Championship Appearances:
National League Central Championships:
Wild Card Berths:

Season Records
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

Player Achievements
National League Most Valuable Players:
National League Cy Young Winners:
National League Rookies of the Year:
National League Silver Sluggers:
National League Gold Glovers:

Last edited by saintrules; 05-15-2018 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Major League HQ

World Series Champions
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

National League Champions
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

American League Champions
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

National League Most Valuable Players
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

American League Most Valuable Players
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

National League Cy Young Winners
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

American League Cy Young Winners
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

National League Rookies of the Year
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

American League Rookies of the Year
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

National League Silver Sluggers
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

American League Silver Sluggers
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

National League Gold Glovers
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

American League Gold Glovers
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

National League All-Stars
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:

American League All-Stars
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:
Old 05-15-2018, 10:29 AM   #4
MVP

saintrules's Arena

That's all the space I need! Feel free to post from here. I have already started this and I'll begin updating over the next few days. I think I am going to do monthly updates since I can breeze through multiple games in an evening. These updates will be lengthy in content, however, so I think they'll be worth the wait and I'll enjoy writing them more without the pressure of consistently documenting individual/series games.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:07 PM   #5
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Season One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2018, 03:49 PM   #6
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

As a Mariners fan I have always had a soft spot for the Cubbies. I was rooting for them back in 03 during the whole "Steve Bartman" incident. I was rooting for them when Lou Piniella managed them to the playoffs in 2008. Something about that franchise with their prestige history just gives me a warm spot to root for them lol.

I love the Lovable Winners name lol.I love the roster Chicago has as well. Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, the list goes on. Not to mention the best GM in baseball who can rebuild any team. (COME TO SEATTLE THEO!!)

I look forward to reading this bro and how is OoTP 19?
Old 05-15-2018, 04:53 PM   #7
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Season Preview

Hello & welcome to the 2018 MLB Season! This will be the first go around in this OOTP 19 Dynasty and I am going to start things off with a season preview. Below you will find each division, a projected outcome, and a short summary detailing my thoughts on that particular division's fate. Enjoy!

American League East
1. New York Yankees - American League Championship Contender
2. Boston Red Sox - American League Wild Card
3. Toronto Blue Jays - Wild Card Threat
4. Baltimore Orioles - Early Rebuild
5. Tampa Bay Rays - Early Rebuild

What a turn around the Yankees have made. From a rebuild, scratch that, reload, to a chance at the AL Pennant, and now a favorite to get right back there? Wow, hats off. The Yanks are going to be good, I mean, really, really good. If clicking, I see a potential full seven game series come the AL Championship, but, let's focus on the regular season. Sanchez, Judge, and Stanton, will rake, that much is known. Severino, Roberts, and Chapman, will challenge Kluber, Allen, and Miller, for the best three headed monster, but are maybe just a tad behind the latter three amigos. Gleyber Torres is eventually going to come up and may challenge Ohtani for the Rookie of the Year award, but we'll see, only because Didi Gregorius is currently at short and Neil Walker is at second, so there's not a ton of current room in the infield. The Yankees should find themselves nicely positioned for a postseason run. Baseball is just flat out fun when both New York and Boston are contending, and in the case of 2018, this holds true. Is Boston as good as New York? I don't think so. Hitting wise they're behind with Betts and Bogaerts leading the charge, and with the exception of Chris Sale, their staff does bring some question marks, especially the pen. Boston can probably hit their way into the Wild Card because the AL as a whole really isn't going to give them much in terms of competition. Toronto is like an upgraded version of Seattle, which I will get to later, and by this I mean, they've got some pop, but I wouldn't take a bet on them. Donaldson is a fantastic talent, but I honestly think it's time to move on. Send him packing and bring on Vladimir Guerrero Jr. The same goes for Baltimore and Tampa Bay, send Britton, Machado, and Archer packing and get to work on your rebuild, you aren't beating New York or Boston with any of these rosters.

American League Central
1. Cleveland Indians - American League Championship Contender
2. Minnesota Twins - Wild Card Threat
3. Chicago White Sox - Rebuild
4. Detroit Tigers - Early Rebuild
5. Kansas City Royals - Early Rebuild

The Indians are a great club and should absolutely find themselves in the mix for the American League, but as for the process of getting there, can it actually get easier? The Twins are a fringe threat for the Wild Card, and if it wasn't for Brian Dozier in the lineup & Royce Lewis coming up through the farm, I would list them as a rebuild. Cleveland has the best staff in baseball and that alone can carry this club. Throw in Francisco Lindor, an AL MVP contender, Jose Ramirez, and Edwin Encarnacion, and there's your run support. Now, I do have my reservations about their lineup, but given the fact there's almost no competition in this division, I'll keep my mouth shut. The Sox have a great farm syst...wait, their entire farm system is now in the Majors? Yes. Aside from Eloy Jimenez and Michael Kopech, the White Sox are practically playing with their entire future full-time, which, I guess it's just gaining experience at this point? I'm not sure if I agree or disagree with this, not that I actually care anyways because it's the White Sux, but, goodluck I suppose? Detroit and Kansas City really need to blow their entire clubs up like the Marlins, you're not getting better, and your farm system is rough.

American League West
1. Houston Astros - World Series Champion
2. Los Angeles Angels - American League Wild Card
3. Seattle Mariners - Wild Card Threat
4. Texas Rangers - Early Rebuild
5. Oakland Athletics - Rebuild

Hello reigning World Series Champions. I refuse to use the word "lock" or "sure thing", because this is sports man, anything goes. At the end of the day, however, barring an entire club meltdown, the Astros are one of the surest bets heading into 2018. Elite lineup? Check. Elite Rotation? Check. Elite Pen? Check. Elite Closer? Check. If one cog in this machine slows down, I honestly don't even think you're going to notice that much, just based on the high level all the others will be operating at. Jose Altuve has a shot at another AL MVP, and if I were a betting man, I'd also take that. Of all the teams in the American League not winning their division or named Boston, I'll give Mike Trout and the Angels the best shot at making it into the Wild Card. Trout is probably going to end up second in the AL MVP voting, have a ridiculous WAR, and just generally do Mike Trout things. On top of this, the Babe Ruth of Japan has made his way to the West Coast and will immediately join the club. Ohtani has a great shot at becoming the AL Rookie of the Year & along with Trout, Kinsler, Simmons, and Upton, the Angels are a future playoff threat. The Mariners and Rangers are teams you look at and say, wait a second, are these two actually threats? While the answer is likely no, I would give the head to head to Seattle. Cano, Seager, Segura, Gordon, Cruz, and a reliable pen? It's something, at least. Over the next few years I do think these two clubs need to get blown up, but as for right now, we'll see what happens in 2018. Oakland's got a rebuild on their hands and they are working through it.

National League East
1. Washington Nationals - National League Champion
2. New York Mets - Wild Card Threat
3. Philadelphia Phillies - Rebuild
4. Atlanta Braves - Rebuild
5. Miami Marlins - Early Rebuild

Bryce Harper, Trea Turner, Daniel Murphy, and Anthony Rendon, in the lineup. Max Scherzer, Stephen Strasburg, and Sean Doolittle, in the staff. This is a roster built to win the World Series and anything short of winning the pennant with a shot for the big trophy is going to be a let down. On top of this, the NL East shouldn't be crazy tough for the Nats. The Mets have one of the league's premier staffs, but in terms of a lineup, they're almost nostalgia central. Todd Frazier, Jose Reyes, Jay Bruce? I just wouldn't bet on those three to help Michael Conforto lead the team to the postseason. The Phillies and Braves are dangerous for the future, actually, they're very dangerous. I have them listed as rebuilds, because that's what they are at the moment, but a couple years down the line they've got contender written all over them. Atlanta's got potentially the next superstar in Acuna, so we'll keep an eye on when they call him up. Miami is in a deep, deep rebuild, but a healthy one I might add. I was glad to see them move on from Stanton and things are in the works. They don't have much of a farm system to speak of, but give it some time, they're going to have the picks.

National League Central
1. Chicago Cubs - National League Championship Contender
2. St. Louis Cardinals - National League Wild Card
3. Milwaukee Brewers - Wild Card Threat
4. Pittsburgh Pirates - Rebuild
5. Cincinnati Reds - Early Rebuild

We come into 2018 as the favorite in the division, but I have to admit, I have my reservations. The Cardinals are a tough out, it doesn't matter what stage their roster is in, they can compete any day of the week. Couple this with what I will call an iffy rotation from us, and I see a potential issue. Now, can our hitting carry us to the playoffs and potentially further? The short answer is yes, but to really feel comfortable about everything I have to see some promising results from our staff. Thankfully there aren't hitters in our division like there is from the AL East or NL West, that'd be scary. Milwaukee is a hitting threat to the Wild Card, but I think their pitching staff and pen is going to hold them back from topping the Cards or anybody from the West for that. Pittsburgh and Cincinnati need some work, especially the latter.

National League West
1. Los Angeles Dodgers - National League Championship Contender
2. Arizona Diamondbacks - National League Wild Card
3. Colorado Rockies - Wild Card Threat
4. San Francisco Giants - Wild Card Threat
5. San Diego Padres - Rebuild

The NL West is one tough cookie, headlined by a club who has all the potential to reach the NL Championship. The Dodgers are the best team in this division, that's undisputed, led by NL Cy Young candidate, Clayton Kershaw. The future Hall-of-Fame starter will take on some very tough hitting from Paul Goldschmidt, Nolan Arenado, Charlie Blackmon, and Buster Posey, not to mention a couple of young guns from the Padres rebuild. Nonetheless, Kershaw will have some heavy duty run support from the likes of Corey Seager, Justin Turner, and Cody Bellinger. Staying healthy has to be the number one priority in this tough division because a couple of series in the dumps and you could get passed up pretty quickly. Expect to see Los Angeles out in front early and often, with Arizona and Colorado brawling for a spot in the Wild Card.

Last edited by saintrules; 05-16-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:18 PM   #8
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstone1987
As a Mariners fan I have always had a soft spot for the Cubbies. I was rooting for them back in 03 during the whole "Steve Bartman" incident. I was rooting for them when Lou Piniella managed them to the playoffs in 2008. Something about that franchise with their prestige history just gives me a warm spot to root for them lol.

I love the Lovable Winners name lol.I love the roster Chicago has as well. Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, the list goes on. Not to mention the best GM in baseball who can rebuild any team. (COME TO SEATTLE THEO!!)

I look forward to reading this bro and how is OoTP 19?
Appreciate the reply and nod of approval on the name/franchise, haha

The Cubs are quite the club, I've been a die-hard since pretty much the early Sosa days and obviously have had some very low lows and the highest of highs. Winning in 2016 was a dream come true, I hope I can get us back there.

As for OOTP 19 I am really pleasantly surprised. I'm not a big sim guy, but there's something about this game I really have come to enjoy, I crave playing it. The level of detail is massive, but if you're a baseball fan, which it's obvious you are, everything reads pretty simplistic. Playing games is rewarding and making small managerial calls like taking pitches or pitching around big batters pays off and gives you the immersion. I'm about 15 games in at the moment and can't wait to keep going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »