Home

A Braves Franchise: New Beginnings

This is a discussion on A Braves Franchise: New Beginnings within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2019, 06:43 PM   #1
Rookie

BuccNole17's Arena

OVR: 4
A Braves Franchise: New Beginnings

Hey Guys! I just completed the final game of the regular season in my 2017 Braves Franchise on MLB the Show 17. Currently I have been tracking everything on my phone, but I am looking to get everything in one place and more organized.

A little about me... I have been a member of this site for roughly 10 years and visit these boards frequently. I am a huge sports fan and have enjoyed franchises in different sports games over the years. I used to buy all the sports titles and run franchises on them. I played other non-sports titles as well, but sports titles have always been a constant. However, as I have grown older, the time that I have to play has decreased. Now my sports gaming is limited to MLB the Show and Madden.

Beginning in 2014 I was blessed with an opportunity to coach college football. I coached DBs, WRs, and RBs for a couple of Universities from 2014-2018. While it was a great experience, the quality of life and pay was not matching up with what I was wanting. During those 4 years I did not have the time to do much of anything, much less any gaming. Anyways, long story short, I took a job in the private sector with normal hours and decent pay. As a result of that transition, I now have some more time to get back into sports gaming.

Obviously I am huge football fan. The NCAA football series was my game. I always preferred NCAA to the Madden series, but with the discontinuation of the NCAA series I had to turn to Madden for my football fix.

But the one sports game that always held a special place in my heart was the MLB the Show series. It was the only sports game that gave me a real challenge, and I loved that. In December of 2017, I went out and bought MLB the Show 17. It took me a while lol, but I finally completed my first season. As mentioned above, I am looking for a place to keep all my records and track stats from my seasons. I figured I would just do a dynasty report as well.

I will have a few posts about how I have everything set up, how I play, house rules, etc. and will then post a recap of my 2017 season. I will then proceed to start with some stories going into the offseason. Once I complete the offseason, I will buy MLB the Show 18 and transfer my franchise over.

I am doing this mainly to enhance the immersion within my franchise for me. I would love for people to follow along and comment, but that is not my driving motivation to do this. I do want to say thank you to anyone that takes their time to read this and follow along, and I look forward to this journey!

NBA: Miami Heat

Last edited by BuccNole17; 03-19-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2019, 07:09 PM   #2
Rookie

BuccNole17's Arena

Re: A Braves Franchise: New Beginnings

First of all I want to give a shout out to all the people in the Operation Sports Community. There are a lot of incredibly smart people on this site that have shared many thoughts and ideas that shape the way I play sports games and MLB the Show today. I also want to thank all the roster editors and slider gurus that further enhance this game and make it an incredible experience.

Specifically, I want to acknowledge Armor who has has a huge hand in further shaping my style of sim play. A few others I want to mention off the top of my head: Knight, Ridin, Countryboy, WarmWind, and so many others that I can't remember exactly what their handles are at the moment. But as I come across them, I will add them right here.

Rosters, Sliders, Style, and Approach

I am not going to go into a ton of detail here. If anyone wants more information, please visit Armor's slider threads. There is a ton of great information he provides, and he does a great job of explaining everything.

Platform: PS4 with a Panasonic Plasma TV

I will be sticking with the PS4 until the PS5 comes out. My TV is pretty out dated, but I will be looking to upgrade soon. From what I read, the PS4 Pro with a 4K TV is an amazing set up, but I am content with what I currently have... for now.

Roster: Hybrid Roster

I can't remember the name of the exact roster file I am using or who the original creator of the hybrid set was. I know the base set was the OSFM from Ridin and his crew. I did make some attribute edits throughout the 2017 franchise season to reflect how players were playing in the real life 2017 season. I will continue to make edits, but based on rules. I will go into more detail when I get into my house rules and guidelines.

Sliders: Armor and Sword's MLB the Show 17 Directional Hitting / Classic Pitching Simulation All-Star Sliders

I love the feeling that this slider set provides. This set really highlights player ratings and there is an element of randomness that I appreciate. I can't say enough good things about this set if you are looking for a true sim approach to playing the game. I played on All-Star this past season, but I do plan on increasing the difficulty when I carry over my franchise to MLB the Show 18.

Style: Clean Screen

I play with a clean screen, broadcast experience with no visual aids or meters. This style goes a long way in enhancing the finer details the Show has to offer.

Approach: Classic Pitching, Directional Hitting, Auto Fielding

I have always been a metered pitching guy, but after switching to classic pitching, I won't ever go back. It is truly a unique experience with every pitcher, everyday. I use a directional hitting approach as it allows for player ratings to really shine. I also use auto fielding with manual throwing.

Last edited by BuccNole17; 03-08-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:11 PM   #3
Rookie

BuccNole17's Arena

House Rules and Guidelines

MLB Schedule

As I don't have time to play all 162 games, and I love the GM aspect of the offseason, utilizing Quick Manage and Player Lock helps me get through the season a bit faster.

- April, September: Play all games
- May, June, July, August:

vs divisional opponents
  • Play all games
vs non divisional opponents
  • Play 1 game (2 games in a 4 game series)
  • Quick Manage Player Lock 1 Game
  • Quick Manage 1 Game
When I QM PL, I rotate using all players in my lineup. I usually go SP, CF, 3B, SP, 1B, RF, SP, C, 2B, SP, LF, SS, SP. I will repeat if needed. I will QM the game like normal when my designated PL player is not hitting or pitching.

QM Guidelines:
  • Enter game when runners are in scoring position
  • 7th inning or later, enter game when any runners are on
  • Enter game in save situations
  • 5+ run lead, option to sim to the end of the game
ML Schedule

I don't spend a whole lot of time playing minor league games, but from May to August I Quick Manage and Quick Manage Player Lock one AAA game and one AA game per week. This allows me to start getting a feel for some of my prospects and minor league teams without investing a whole lot of time. Since Mondays and Thursdays are the usual off days for MLB, I choose those days to play my minor league games.

- Monday: AAA QM or QM PL
- Thursday: AA QM PL or QM

I will alternate each week. When I QM, I follow my QM guidelines from above. I try to evenly distribute the number of prospects I player lock with.

Ratings Guidelines

40-49: A
50-59: AA
60-69: AAA
70-75: MLB Bench
76+: MLB Starter

18-19: A
20-21: AA
22-23: AAA
24-25: MLB

Team House Keeping Guidelines

I run a 30 team control franchise. I try to let the CPU do its own thing, but I do step in every so often and make promotions and demotions based on in game performance and stats. I review one team per day.

- April and May: No other team moves
- June 1: ERA over 5.00 or BA under .200, Demote
- July 1: ERA over 4.90 or BA under .210, Demote
- August 1: ERA over 4.80 or BA under .220, Demote

These are only guidelines. If a superstar player is batting around .210 in July, I'm not sending him to AAA. Or if someone with a low BA, but has hit 30+ HRs, I'm not sending him down either. Just using some common sense about things.

- September: ERA over 4.75 or BA under .225, Demote
  • Review one division per day
  • Contender: Optimize lineup and rotation
  • Non-Contender: Younger guys in lineup and rotation
Other Guidelines I:
+ 100 ABs for position players and 50 ABs for bench players
+ 30 IP for starting pitchers and 15 IP for relievers
+ Players rated 92+, exempt from demotion to AAA
+
Veterans (age 30+), option to accept assignment to AAA or be released (Random #)

+ Players who were called up or sent down due to injury

Other Guidelines II:

+ Established MLB players (3+ years of service), exempt from demotion to AA
+ Players age 26+, exempt from demotion to AA (unless rated in the 50s or D potential)
+ Players who are in final year of contract, may be exempt
from demotion
+ Use discretion and common sense

CPU Auto Roster Management Guidelines

I review the transaction page daily to review any transactions. CPU promotes based on overall #, I look at production and age.

- Use judgement to justify or reverse each transaction

- Player can warrant a promotion, but no spot at the next level as everyone is producing
- Can promote a prospect (18-24) to take a program player's spot if production warrants
- If a prospect promotion doesn't match production, can use random number to decide
(teams promote prospects when production doesn't match at times)

- Not required to promote a player if they are not a prospect (18-24)
- Program player, age 26+ with a 64 overall or less

Trading Guidelines

This is an area I struggle in as I do my best to not take advantage of the CPU. I have set certain guidelines that help me rationalize trades that I make. Even with these guidelines, I sometimes still feel like I get the better end of the deals I made.

Process:

1. Can only make offers for players on the trade block before July
2. Calculate WAR of assets (selling) from 2015-2016 (RL) and 2017 (Game)
3. Calculate WAR of assets (buying) from 2015-2016 (RL) and 2017 (Game)
4. *Add 2018 WAR (Game)
5. Surplus values must be within 5M or in the other team's favor

6. 3x random chance to approve trade (1-50, yes / 51-100, no)
7. Must increase value of offer each time
8. No deal after 3rd time, trade fell apart

9. Look at team records
10. Look at individual age, potential, and overall
11. Look at individual current production (AB, BA, OBP, HR, RBI, SB) or (IP, W/SV, ERA, WHIP, K)
12. Look at years of team control and salary
13. Look at depth chart overall #
14. Look at depth chart production levels
15. Look at standings and # games back

Surplus Value Guidelines:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...iscussion.html

http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/...dated-edition/

-
For RP, -3M to -5M surplus value (random) due to year to year volatility (except for elite RP of 92+)
- If player's age is 35+, subject to -5M surplus value
- If prospect is not on real life top 100 list:
  • Top 10 team list, B potential: hitters = 15M / pitchers = 10M surplus value
  • Penalty of 2M/1M surplus value for each: C potential, 11-20, 21-30, not ranked
Significant Trades:
- Write up for involved players of 75+ or a prospect of at least B potential

Insignificant Trades:
- No write up necessary, just document
- Can include short 1 or 2 sentence summary on why trade was allowed

Real Life Trade Guidelines:

1. Trade must make sense based off both teams in game standings
2. Trade must make sense based off in game team positional needs and production levels

3. Check in game MLB player production levels
(player may be doing awful in the game and teams may not want to trade for him)

4. All players and prospects involved must be in the game (no player for cash trades)

5. If a player or prospect is not in the game:
  • Can substitute a player or prospect within 1 years age of the real life prospect or player
  • In game replacement player must be same position as real life prospect (P for P and Pos for Pos)
  • Get background of real life prospect potential and ranking on team prospect list at time of trade
  • Find the best match for the in game prospect replacement overall rating and potential
6. All requirements must be met or the real life trade will not be allowed in game
7. If the trade is not allowed in the game and the big ticket trade piece is controllable, make a list for possible future trades regarding said player

Player Edits

General Guidelines:

1. Make position edits based on needs and profiles. There are no consequences for doing this.

2. Allowed to trade 1 for 1 between a pitcher's durability and their stamina, but only during the off season. This can coincide with a position edit (RP to SP for example).

3. All players must be allowed to regress without edits if they are having a bad year.

4. For players under 34, I'm allowed to counteract regression, but only if they are having a good year.

5. For players under 36, I'm allowed to counteract half of the regression, but only if they are having a good year.

6. For players of any age, I'm allowed to counteract regression using a trade system, where points from one attribute are traded into another in order to keep it up. This can ONLY be used to counteract regression, cannot be used to boost an attribute higher then where it started the year at. Points taken from Durability are worth double, but it also costs double to keep Durability up.

I forgot to mention that I can choose not to invoke the rules I follow at any time for any reason. For example, Mike Trout has all of his non-batting attributes regressing, and I am choosing to invoke rule 4 as he is having an MVP caliber season and is still in his 20s. However, his only batting attribute that is regressing is vision, and I'm choosing not to invoke rule 4 to counteract it because his strikeouts have gone up this year.

Edit: with the exception of rule 3. That must always be followed.

Most editing I do is go around to the CPU teams and make sure their prospects aren't all useless and/or overly raw - like a 24 y/o that's 55/90. He'll never get there and I might move him up some/to near max (randomly).

Also make sure they don't just have C's and D's everywhere. I do this and the above at the start of spring training so the AI can evaluate if it wants to call up some prospects or make trades.

Trying to decide if I want to start editing SP stamina since it can never go up (that I've seen since they current progression system). Also thinking of trying to come up with a way to move some 60-70-rated SP to RP, especially if they have marginal Stamina (50-55 or so).

Oh, and I'll also edit positions based on their defensive profile. If I see a 3B with a terrible arm (say 35-40 arm strength), for example, I probably move him to 1B or 2B, depending on team needs and then he can try making it there since he'd probably never get the arm to play on the left side of the infield. I'll do the reverse also - a 2B with a strong arm and decent reaction at 2B and the team is fine at 2B but need 3B/SS, I'll move him there.

What I've done in the past is make adjustment to players who do not have alot of major league history (i.e., the attributes may be off for this guy), generally to improve a player to the real life abilities, rarely to bring a player down in performance. So Bartolo Colon goes 14-5 this year but in the game has relatively low attributes based on his age, I don't touch him in the game because of his long history in the league. But let's say in my carryover Walker Buehler is rated such he has a 55 overall and mediocre potential, but this year he lights it up for the Dodgers, I will adjust his potential and pertinent attributes such that hopefully he progresses to that kind of pitcher he may show in real life. I usually look at year end numbers.

I may have to start fiddling with stamina too since it would be nice to start getting some of those tweener pitchers the opportunities to be starters especially as the game doesn't stretch them out like you may see in real life.

For instance, Victor Martinez is having a monster year for me (.297, 23 HR, 79 RBI at basically the halfway point of the season) With numbers like that, and his already low overall (74 overall) I don't feel there should be much regression. So, any points that he regresses, I will add back, bringing his overall back to 74 (but never above).

For some young players, I will give them a 5 point boost in hitting, and power, based on their numbers, if I feel the game isn't progressing them enough for the season they are having.

I usually increase fastball velocity for my top pitching prospects since velocity doesn't seem to increase through training. I also convert starters to relievers if they're a 3 pitch pitcher with 2 of them being fastballs.
Sometimes late in drafts I'll draft a player who has a potential rating that's below his current overall (70 overall 60 potential). I'll edit his potential so it'll be 5 points above his current overall that way he'll be able to progress a bit.

Edit In-Game Award Winners:

MVP:
1. 94-96 Potential / 92-94 Overall
2. 92-95 Potential / 90-93 Overall
3. 90-94 Potential / 88-92 Overall

Cy Young:
1. 94-96 Potential / 92-94 Overall
2. 92-95 Potential / 90-93 Overall
3. 90-94 Potential / 88-92 Overall

Reliever:
1. 92-94 Potential / 90-92 Overall
2. 89-92 Potential / 87-90 Overall
3. 86-90 Potential / 84-88 Overall

Rookie:
1. 90-92 Potential / 82-84 Overall
2. 87-90 Potential / 79-82 Overall*
3. 84-88 Potential / 76-80 Overall*

*Stats must warrant edits

Batting:
1. +3 Contact
2. +2 Contact
3. +1 Contact

Hank Aaron:
1. +3 Vision
2. +2 Vision
3. +1 Vision

Gold Glove:
1. +3 Fielding
2. +2 Fielding
3. +1 Fielding

Silver Slugger:
1. +3 Discipline
2. +2 Discipline
3. +1 Discipline

Last edited by BuccNole17; 04-19-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:13 PM   #4
Rookie

BuccNole17's Arena

2017 Season Breakdowns

Breakdown of Games Played

April
- Played: 23

May
- Played: 18
- QM PL: 5
- QM: 5

June
- Played: 18
- QM PL: 5
- QM: 5

July
- Played: 15
- QM PL: 4
- QM: 6

August
- Played: 15
- QM PL: 7
- QM: 6

September
- Played: 30

Breakdown of MLB SPs Used (May-Aug)

1. Tehran: 12x
2. Colon: 2x (Hurt, Used out of BP, Stopped tracking)
3. Garcia: 9x (Traded)
4. Folty: 13x
5. Dickey: 12x
6. Newcomb: 14x

Breakdown of MLB QM Player Lock (May-Aug)

1. CF Inciarte - (0-3, BB, K), (3-5, 2 RBIs)
2. 2B Phillips - (0-3, BB, DP), (1-4, 2 RBIs, BB, K)
3. 1B Freeman - (0-3, BB), (0-4, K, DP)
4. LF Kemp - (1-5, RBI, 2 Ks)
5. RF Markakis - (2-3, 2B), (3-5, 2B, RBI)
6. C Flowers - (0-5), (2-5, RBI)
6. C Suzuki - (1-3, HR, DP), (0-3, BB)
7. 3B Camargo - (0-4, K), (0-5, K)
8. SS Swanson - (1-4, 2 Ks, DP), (3-4, 2B, 3B)

SP Newcomb - (6.0, 1 ER, BB, 4 Ks)
SP Foltynewicz - (W, 9.0, 0 ER, 2 BB, 10 Ks, CG SO)
SP Garcia - (L, 6.0, 3 ER, BB, 6 Ks)
SP Tehran - (6.0, 4 ER, BB, 4 Ks)

Breakdown of ML QM & QM Player Lock (May-Aug)

AAA QM:
- W (6-5)
- L (0-1)
- W (6-5)
- L (6-14)
- W (5-1)
- L (3-6)
- L (3-5)
- L (1-8)

AAA QM Player Lock:
- 2B Ozzie Albies: (1-5, K), (2-5), (3-5, 2B, 4 RBIs, K)
- 3B Rio Ruiz: (0-5, DP), (4-5, 2B, 3 RBIs)
- 1B Matt Tuiasosopo: (0-3)
- SS Lucas Perez: (2-6, RBI, SB)
- CF Ronald Acuna: (1-3, BB, 2 Ks)

AA QM:
- L (0-10)
- W (18-6)
- W (5-2)
- L (1-5)
- W (6-1)
- W (5-2)
- W (7-1)
- W (6-0)

AA QM Player Lock:
- SS Lucas Perez: (2-4, HR, BB, 2 RBIs)
- CF Ronald Acuna: (1-4), (1-4, 2 Ks), (2-5, K)
- 3B Austin Riley: (2-5, 2B, RBI, K), (2-6, 3 Ks)
- SS Mauricio Dubon: (0-5, 2 Ks)
- C Alex Jackson: (2-3, K)

Last edited by BuccNole17; 03-10-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:14 PM   #5
Rookie

BuccNole17's Arena

2017 Season Summary

MLB Standings - Updated: Oct 2, 2017
AL EASTWLGBRSRA
x-New York Yankees8478-657610
y-Baltimore Orioles83791.0638669
Toronto Blue Jays80824.0657604
Boston Red Sox79835.0755708
Tampa Bay Rays77857.0615700
AL CENTRALWLGBRSRA
x-Cleveland Indians9567-758616
Kansas City Royals788417.0558652
Minnesota Twins768619.0643736
Chicago White Sox748821.0582669
Detroit Tigers738922.0636649
AL WESTWLGBRSRA
x-Los Angeles Angels8874-720627
y-Houston Astros87751.0713596
Oakland Athletics81817.0660664
Texas Rangers768612.0657694
Seattle Mariners768612.0624711
AL WILD CARD RACEWLGBRSRA
y-Houston Astros8775-713596
y-Baltimore Orioles8379-638669
Oakland Athletics81812.0660664
Toronto Blue Jays80823.0657604
Boston Red Sox79834.0755708
Kansas City Royals78845.0558652
NL EASTWLGBRSRA
x-Washington Nationals9567-731575
y-New York Mets92703.0646555
Miami Marlins847811.0623600
Atlanta Braves788417.0620669
Philadelphia Phillies689427.0505631
NL CENTRALWLGBRSRA
x-Chicago Cubs10656-799538
Milwaukee Brewers887418.0676639
St. Louis Cardinals877519.0671617
Pittsburg Pirates738933.0610691
Cincinnati Reds5510751.0530807
NL WESTWLGBRSRA
x-Los Angeles Dodgers9171-617490
y-San Francisco Giants90721.0648528
Colorado Rockies84787.0581591
Arizona Diamondbacks709221.0613694
San Diego Padres6210029.0514727
NL WILD CARD RACEWLGBRSRA
y-New York Mets9270-646555
y-San Francisco Giants9072-648528
Milwaukee Brewers88742.0676639
St. Louis Cardinals87753.0671617

NL East:

This was one of the most competitive divisions up until September. The Mets actually led the division for a majority of the season, but by the end of August, the Nationals were able to move into first place. Both the Nationals and Mets had really good Septembers and were able to finally separate themselves from the rest of the division. But in the end, the Nationals were able to hold off the Mets for the division crown. The Marlins were always within striking distance, but could not sustain the success to make a run in the final month. The Braves were always within 5-8 games of first place, but they just did not have the horses to be realistic contenders. They fell apart and really had a disappointing end to the season. Lastly, the Phillies struggled all season and are glad the season has finally come to an end.

NL Central:

The Cubs started strong and finished even stronger. Led by MVP caliber campaigns by Bryant and Rizzo, they are the team to beat in the NL. The Brewers have to be disappointed. While they were never going to catch the Cubs, they were one of the wildcard leaders for the majority of the season. After stumbling a bit down the stretch, they find themselves on the outside looking in. The Cardinals were a solid team all season, but they waited a little too long to make their final push and ran out of time. Not much can be said for the Pirates team. They just never really got anything going. The Reds ended the season with the worst record in baseball.

NL West:

This was a 3 team race between the Dodgers, Giants, and Rockies. It was interesting as the teams in this division were all very streaky. The Dodgers could have ran away with the division a few times, but would proceed to go on extended losing streaks to let the Giants and Rockies stay close. The Giants were just as streaky and were playing good ball towards the end of the month which allowed them to sneak in to the wildcard over the Brewers. The Rockies were within 2 or 3 games from both the division lead and wildcard at times, but could never get over the hump. The Diamondbacks had a disappointing season and ended the year on a 5 game losing streak. The Padres were the second team to lose 100 games and had the second worst record in baseball. But they did show some promise at different times in the season.

AL East:

Surprise, surprise... the Red Sox finished below .500 and missed the playoffs. They were in first place from April-July and then fell apart after the trade deadline. Due to the Red Sox collapse, this was actually a tight race all year. All 5 teams were within 5 games of first most of the season. The Yankees won the division, but they didn't take it by any means. After a slow start, they took a 'slow and steady wins the race' approach. The Orioles did just enough to take advantage of everyone beating up on each other. They were actually leading the division for a few games at one point. The Blue Jays had their chances, but the moment was too big for them when the opportunity came. The Red Sox led the league in quite a few offensive categories, but their pitching is what cost them a playoff spot. Finally the Rays... they were a solid team all season, but they just didn't have the magic to make any noise in the closing months.

AL Central:

Much like the NL Central, the Indians were the clear favorites of the division and did not disappoint winning the division by 17 games. This was one of the least dramatic divisions as the other 4 teams finished with sub .500 records. The Royals underachieved and it will be interesting to see what they do this offseason. The Twins didn't really make any news all season. The White Sox were a pleasant surprise and showed they may be further along in the rebuild than everyone thought. Lastly the Tigers, who are probably about to enter into a rebuild of their own.

AL West:

This was a fun division to follow. The Astros were the leaders of this division for a majority of the season. But a couple trade deadline acquisitions by the Angels really proved to be beneficial down the stretch as the Angels finished the season winning 8 out of 10 games and stealing the division from the Astros. The Astros were lucky to make it in as they aren't playing their best, and the Athletics came on strong to make a run. The As started the season strong and finished playing well, but they failed to take advantage of couple opportunities in late August that could have made the difference. The Rangers and Mariners were both 5 or 6 games out at the trade deadline, but neither team had the depth to keep things close down the stretch.

2017 MLB Award Winners
AwardPlayerPosTeam
NL Most Valuable PlayerFreddie Freeman1BAtlanta Braves
NL Cy Young AwardJacob deGromSPNew York Mets
NL Rolaids Relief AwardMark MelanconCPSan Francisco Giants
NL Rookie of the YearCody Bellinger1BLos Angeles Dodgers
NL Hank Aaron AwardFreddie Freeman1BAtlanta Braves
AL Most Valuable PlayerEdwin Encarnacion1BCleveland Indians
AL Cy Young AwardCorey KluberSPCleveland Indians
AL Rolaids Relief AwardZach BrittonCPBaltimore Orioles
AL Rookie of the YearAndrew BenintendiLFBoston Red Sox
AL Hank Aaron AwardMike TroutCFLos Angeles Angels
NL Playoff MVPTBD--
AL Playoff MVPTBD--
2017 MLB Rawlings Gold Glove Award Winners
American LeaguePosNational League
Gary Sanchez (NYY)CWillson Contreras (CHC)
Chris Davis (BAL)1BFreddie Freeman (ATL)
Dustin Pedroia (BOS)2BD.J. LeMahieu (COL)
Manny Machado (BAL)3BJohan Camargo (ATL)
J.J. Hardy (BAL)SSAddison Russell (CHC)
Michael Brantley (CLE)OFMarcell Ozuna (MIA)
Mike Trout (LAA)OFChristian Yelich (MIA)
Mookie Betts (BOS)OFNick Markakis (ATL)
Adalberto Mejia (MIN)PChase Anderson (MIL)
2017 MLB Silver Slugger Award Winners
American LeaguePosNational League
Gary Sanchez (NYY)CBuster Posey (SFG)
Edwin Encarnacion (CLE)1BFreddie Freeman (ATL)
Robinson Cano (SEA)2BDaniel Murphy (WAS)
Miguel Sano (MIN)3BKris Bryant (CHC)
Carlos Correa (HOU)SSTrea Turner (WAS)
Khris Davis (OAK)OFBryce Harper (WAS)
Mike Trout (LAA)OFGregory Polanco (PIT)
Corey Dickerson (TAM)OFRyan Braun (MIL)
Nelson Cruz (SEA)DHJake Arrieta (CHC)

MLB Awards Stats

NL MVP: Freddie Freeman (.331, 61 HRs, 135 RBIs)
- Aug: F. Freeman (ATL), K. Bryant (CHC), E. Thames (MIL)
- Jul: F. Freeman (ATL), E. Thames (MIL), G. Stanton (MIA)
- Jun: F. Freeman (ATL), G. Stanton (MIA), A. Rizzo (CHC)
- May: F. Freeman (ATL), A. Rizzo (CHC), H. Pence (SFG)
- Apr: F. Freeman (ATL), A. Rizzo (CHC), C. Yelich (MIA)

NL CY Young: Jacob deGrom (19-5, 2.21 ERA, 214 Ks)
- Aug: C. Kershaw (LAD)
- Jul: J. Cueto (SFG)
- Jun: C. Kershaw (LAD)
- May: J. Lester (CHC)
- Apr: J. Gray (COL)

NL Reliever: Mark Melancon (47 S, 1.38 ERA, 32 Ks)
- Aug: M. Melancon (SFG)
- Jul: M. Melancon (SFG)
- Jun: M. Melancon (SFG), W. Davis (CHC), J. Johnson (ATL)
- May: M. Melancon (SFG), J. Johnson (ATL), W. Davis (CHC)
- Apr: J. Johnson (ATL), Maurer (SDP), M. Melancon (SFG)

NL ROTY: Cody Bellinger (.290, 23 HRs, 75 RBIs)
- Aug: C. Bellinger (LAD)
- Jul: C. Bellinger (LAD), H. Renfroe (SDP), J. Camargo (ATL)
- Jun: C. Bellinger (LAD), H. Renfroe (SDP), D. Swanson (ATL)
- May: C. Bellinger (LAD), J. Bell (PIT), H. Renfroe (SDP)
- Apr: J. Bell (PIT), J. Camargo (ATL), A. Almora Jr. (CHC)

NL Hank Aaron: Freddie Freeman (.331, 61 HRs, 135 RBIs)
- Aug: F. Freeman (ATL), K. Schwarber (CHC), E. Thames (MIL)
- Jul: F. Freeman (ATL), G. Stanton (MIA), E. Thames (MIL)
- Jun: F. Freeman (ATL), G. Stanton (MIA), K. Schwarber (CHC)
- May: F. Freeman (ATL), G. Stanton (MIA), C. Blackmon (COL)
- Apr: F. Freeman (ATL), C. Yelich (MIA), A. Diaz (STL)

*Freddie Freeman lead the MVP race wire to wire. I'm not crazy about the 61 HRs he hit. That was a little unrealistic for me. After his ridiculously hot start in May and April, I thought that his power surge would cool down, but it continued through June and July. His in game power increased by ~14 points to a 99, which at that point I had to edit his power back down. When hitting with him in August and September, I used a push/down combination to try and stop hitting HRs and that finally slowed him down.

AL MVP: Edwin Encarnacion (.290, 51 HRs, 135 RBIs)
AL CY Young: Corey Kluber (20-5, 2.49 ERA, 227 Ks)
AL Reliever: Zach Britton (49 S, 1.71 ERA, 43 Ks)
AL ROTY: Andrew Benintendi (.298, 24 HRs, 89 RBIs)
AL Hank Aaron: Mike Trout (.319, 44 HRs, 118 RBIs)

MLB Silver Slugger Stats

C: Buster Posey (.277, 24 HRs, 99 RBIs)
- Aug: B. Posey (SFG)
- Jul: B. Posey (SFG)
- Jun: B. Posey (SFG)
- May: W. Contreras (CHC)
- Apr: W. Contreras (CHC)

1B: Freddie Freeman (.331, 61 HRs, 135 RBIs)
- Aug: F. Freeman (ATL), A. Rizzo (CHC), E. Thames (MIL)
- Jul: F. Freeman (ATL), A. Rizzo (CHC), P. Goldschmidt (ARZ)
- Jun: F. Freeman (ATL), A. Rizzo (CHC), E. Thames (MIL)
- May: F. Freeman (ATL), A. Rizzo (CHC), E. Thames (MIL)
- Apr: F. Freeman (ATL), P. Goldschmidt (ARZ), A. Rizzo (CHC)

2B: Daniel Murphy (.302, 28 HRs, 94 RBIs)
- Aug: D. Murphy (WAS)
- Jul: D. Murphy (WAS)
- Jun: D. Murphy (WAS)
- May: D. Murphy (WAS)
- Apr: D. Murphy (WAS)

3B: Kris Bryant (.320, 49 HRs, 129 RBIs)
- Aug: K. Bryant (CHC)
- Jul: K. Bryant (CHC)
- Jun: K. Bryant (CHC)
- May: K. Bryant (CHC)
- Apr: N. Arenado (COL)

SS: Trea Turner (.292, 31 HRs, 92 RBIs)
- Aug: T. Turner (WAS)
- Jul: T. Turner (WAS)
- Jun: T. Turner (WAS)
- May: B. Crawford (SFG)
- Apr: A. Diaz (STL)

OF: Bryce Harper (.293, 39 HRs, 106 RBIs)
- Aug: B. Harper (WAS)
- Jul: B. Harper (WAS)
- Jun: G. Stanton (MIA)
- May: H. Pence (SFG)
- Apr: Y. Cespedes (NYM)

OF: Gregory Polanco (.275, 28 HRs, 100 RBIs)
- Aug: K. Schwarber (CHC)
- Jul: K. Schwarber (CHC)
- Jun: R. Braun (MIL)
- May: C. Blackmon (COL)
- Apr: C. Yelich (MIA)

OF: Ryan Braun (.247, 35 HRs, 96 RBIs)
- Aug: G. Stanton (MIA)
- Jul: C. Yelich (MIA)
- Jun: C. Gonzalez (COL)
- May: K. Schwarber (CHC)
- Apr: K. Schwarber (CHC)

SP: Jake Arrieta (.167, 1 HR, 11 RBIs)
- Aug: J. Arrieta (CHC)
- Jul: J. Arrieta (CHC)
- Jun: J. Arrieta (CHC)
- May: Z. Davies (MIL)
- Apr: Z. Davies (MIL)

C: Gary Sanchez (.249, 22 HRs, 65 RBIs)
1B: Edwin Encarnacion (.290, 51 HRs, 135 RBIs)
2B: Robinson Cano (.272, 34 HRs, 96 RBIs)
3B: Miguel Sano (.286, 29 HRs, 93 RBIs)
SS: Carlos Correa (.291, 38 HRs, 107 RBIs)
LF: Khris Davis (.277, 39 HRs, 110 RBIs)
LF: Corey Dickerson (.302, 36 HRs, 104 RBIs)
CF: Mike Trout (.319, 44 HRs, 118 RBIs)
DH: Nelson Cruz (.271, 27 HRs, 96 RBIs)

2017 MLB All-Star Game Rosters
American LeagueNational League
Manager:
Manager:
PosStartersPosStarters
CJonathan Lucroy (TEX)CBuster Posey (SFG)
1BEdwin Encarnacion (CLE)1BFreddie Freeman (ATL)
2BRobinson Cano (SEA)2BDaniel Murphy (WAS)
3BJose Ramirez (CLE)3BKris Bryant (CHC)
SSCarlos Correa (HOU)SSTrea Turner (WAS)
LFMichael Brantley (CLE)LFKyle Schwarber (CHC)
CFMike Trout (LAA)CFCharlie Blackmon (COL)
RFMookie Betts (BOS)RFGiancarlo Stanton (MIA)
DHCorey Dickerson (TAM)DHPaul Goldschmidt (ARZ)
PosPitchers & ReservesPosPitchers & Reserves
SPDallas Keuchel (HOU)SPClayton Kershaw (LAD)
SPCorey Kluber (CLE)SPJacob deGrom (NYM)
SPTyler Skaggs (LAA)SPJohnny Cueto (SFG)
SPYu Darvish (TEX)SPJose Quintana (CHC)
SPJon Lester (CHC)
RPTommy Hunter (TAM)SPMax Scherzer (WAS)
CPZach Britton (BAL)
CPFrancisco Rodriguez (DET)CPMark Melancon (SFG)
CPAroldis Chapman (NYY)CPWade Davis (CHC)
CPKen Giles (HOU)CPJim Johnson (MIL)
CPEdwin Diaz (SEA)CPA.J. Ramos (NYM)
CPAlex Colome (TAM)CPHector Neris (PHI)
CPRaisel Iglesias (OAK)
CYadier Molina (STL)
CSalvador Perez (KC)CJ.T. Realmuto (MIA)
CJames McCann (DET)1BJoey Votto (CIN)
1BHanley Ramirez (BOS)2BJose Peraza (CIN)
1BCarlos Santana (CLE)2BJonathan Villar (MIL)
1BJoe Mauer (MIN)3BDavid Freese (CHC)
2BJose Altuve (HOU)SSFreddie Galvis (PHI)
3BJosh Donaldson (TOR)LFRyan Braun (MIL)
SSFrancisco Lindor (CLE)CFChristian Yelich (MIA)
LFKhris Davis (OAK)CFManuel Margot (SDP)
LFMelky Cabrera (KC)RFHunter Pence (SFG)
RFCarlos Beltran (HOU)

Players of the Month

April:
- SP Jon Gray (COL): 4-1, 1.67 ERA, 44 Ks
- 1B Freddie Freeman (ATL): .306, 14 HRs, 23 RBIs
- 1B Josh Bell (PIT): .261, 2 HRs, 9 RBIs

- SP Dallas Keuchel (HOU): 5-0, 2.03 ERA, 38 Ks
- SS Carlos Correa (HOU): .333, 11 HRs, 24 RBIs
- LF Andrew Benintendi (BOS): .284, 3 HRs, 20 RBIs

May:
- SP Johnny Cueto (SFG): 5-0, 1.50 ERA, 44 Ks
- 1B Eric Thames (MIL): .376, 10 HRs, 26 RBIs
- 1B Cody Bellinger (LAD): .375, 3 HRs, 14 RBIs

- SP Corey Kluber (CLE): 4-0, 1.58 ERA, 42 Ks
- 1B Edwin Encarnacion (CLE): .355, 11 HRs, 28 RBIs
- LF Andrew Benintendi (BOS): .321, 8 HRs, 27 RBIs

June:
- SP Clayton Kershaw (LAD): 5-0, 1.29 ERA, 49 Ks
- 1B Freddie Freeman (ATL): .327, 11 HRs, 29 RBIs
- 2B Dilson Herrera (CIN): .393, 0 HRs, 5 RBIs

- SP Felix Hernandez (SEA): 5-0, 1.28 ERA, 47 Ks
- CF Mike Trout (LAA): .282, 13 HRs, 28 RBIs
- LF Andrew Benintendi (BOS): .290, 7 HRs, 21 RBIs

July-September:
- The game started counting stats for multiple months for one month, so the stats are all messed up.

NL Batting League Leaders - Updated: Oct 2, 2017
Batting AverageAVGHitsH
1. 1B Eric Thames.3311. 1B Anthony Rizzo210
2. 1B Anthony Rizzo (CHC).3312. 3B Kris Bryant (CHC)207
3. 1B Freddie Freeman (ATL).3313. CF Ender Inciarte (ATL)201
4. CF Ender Inciarte (ATL).3224. SS Trea Turner (WAS)198
5. 3B Kris Bryant (CHC).3205. 1B Freddie Freeman (ATL)197
Doubles2BTriples3B
1. 1B Paul Goldschmidt481. SS Jose Reyes10
2. CF Starling Marte (PIT)472. SS Trea Turner (WAS)10
3. CF Christian Yelich (MIA)453. 2B Jose Peraza (CIN)9
4. RF Hunter Pence (SFG)444. CF Ender Inciarte (ATL)9
5. 1B Anthony Rizzo (CHC)435. CF Christian Yelich (MIA)9
Home RunsHRRuns Batted InRBI
1. 1B Freddie Freeman611. 1B Freddie Freeman135
2. 3B Kris Bryant (CHC)492. 3B Kris Bryant (CHC)129
3. RF Giancarlo Stanton (MIA)403. 1B Anthony Rizzo (CHC)112
4. RF Bryce Harper (WAS)394. RF Bryce Harper (WAS)106
5. 1B Eric Thames (MIL)385. 1B Eric Thames (MIL)106
RunsRStolen BasesSB
1. 3B Kris Bryant1301. CF Keon Broxton53
2. 1B Freddie Freeman (ATL)1162. CF Billy Hamilton (CIN)51
3. SS Trea Turner (WAS)1053. CF Manuel Margot (SDP)45
4. RF Bryce Harper (WAS)1024. 2B Jonathan Villar (MIL)43
5. RF Giancarlo Stanton (MIA)1005. SS Trea Turner (WAS)43

NL Batting League Leaders - Updated: Oct 2, 2017
Base On BallsBBOn Base %OBP
1. 1B Paul Goldschmidt971. 1B Paul Goldschmidt.402
2. 1B Joey Votto (CIN)932. 1B Anthony Rizzo (CHC).398
3. 1B Brandon Belt (SFG)853. RF Bryce Harper (WAS).388
4. RF Bryce Harper (WAS)804. 1B Freddie Freeman (ATL).386
5. 3B Ryan Schimpf (SDP)745. RF Ben Zobrist (CHC).386
Slugging %SLUGBatting WARWAR
1. 1B Freddie Freeman.6901. 1B Freddie Freeman8.7
2. 3B Kris Bryant (CHC).6222. 1B Paul Goldschmidt (ARZ)7.8
3. 1B Eric Thames (MIL).6173. RF Bryce Harper (WAS)7.4
4. RF Bryce Harper (WAS).5954. CF Christian Yelich (MIA)7.1
5. RF Giancarlo Stanton (MIA).5835. CF Keon Broxton (MIL)6.6

NL Pitching League Leaders - Updated: Oct 2, 2017
WinsWLossesL
1. SP Jacob deGrom191. SP German Marquez4
2. SP Kyle Hendricks (CHC)192. SP Johnny Cueto (CIN)5
3. SP Johnny Cueto (SFG)183. SP Jacob deGrom (NYM)5
4. SP Zach Davies (MIL)184. SP Kyle Hendricks (CHC)6
5. SP Clayton Kershaw (LAD)175. SP Stephen Strasburg (WAS)6
SavesSVEarned Run AverageERA
1. CP Wade Davis501. SP Jacob DeGrom2.21
2. CP Mark Melancon (SFG)472. SP Clayton Kershaw (LAD)2.23
3. CP Jim Johnson (MIL)*463. SP Noah Syndergaard (NYM)2.23
4. CP A.J. Ramos (NYM)*444. SP Matt Harvey (NYM)2.32
5. RP Addison Reed (NYM)365. SP Stephen Strasburg (WAS)2.37
ShutoutsSOStrikeoutsK
1. SP Jeff Samardzija51. SP Stephen Strasburg (WAS)250
2. SP Johnny Cueto (SFG)52. SP Clayton Kershaw (LAD)241
3. SP Hyun-Jin Ryu (LAD)43. SP Noah Syndergaard (NYM)219
4. SP Clayton Kershaw (LAD)44. SP Carlos Martinez (STL)216
5. SP Stephen Strasburg (WAS)35. SP Jon Gray (COL)215

NL Pitching League Leaders - Updated: Oct 2, 2017
Complete GamesCGInnings PitchedIP
1. SP Clayton Kershaw81. SP Clayton Kershaw238.1
2. SP Johnny Cueto (SFG)62. SP Jose Quintana (CHC)231.0
3. SP Madison Bumgarner (SF)53. SP Johnny Cueto (SFG)230.2
4. SP Jeff Samardzija (SFG)54. SP Madison Bumgarner (SF)228.0
5. SP Jacob deGrom (NYM)45. Jacob deGrom (NYM)224.1
WHIPWHIPPitching WARWAR
1. SP Clayton Kershaw0.911. SP Clayton Kershaw7.5
2. SP Jose Quintana (CHC)0.942. SP Stephen Strasburg (WAS)7.2
3. SP Madison Bumgarner (SF)0.953. SP Noah Syndergaard (NYM)7.0
4. SP Noah Syndergaard (NYM)0.954. SP Madison Bumgarner (SF)6.3
5. SP Johnny Cueto (SFG)0.975. SP Max Scherzer (WAS)6.1

AL Batting League Leaders - Updated: Oct 2, 2017
Batting AverageAVGHitsH
1. CF Mike Trout.3191. SS Jean Segura207
2. SS Xander Bogaerts (BOS).3162. SS Xander Bogaerts (BOS)193
3. 2B Jose Altuve (HOU).3063. CF Mike Trout (LAA)191
4. SS Jean Segura (SEA).3044. CF Adam Jones (BAL)186
5. LF Corey Dickerson (TAM).3025. 3B Jose Ramirez (CLE)184
Doubles2BTriples3B
1. CF Mike Trout481. SS Jean Segura12
2. SS Andrelton Simmons (LAA)462. CF Ben Revere (BAL)10
3. LF Corey Dickerson (TAM)433. SS Jose Iglesias (DET)8
4. SS Elvis Andrus (TEX)434. RF Mookie Betts (BOS)8
5. 2B Jose Altuve (HOU)425. 3B Manny Machado (BAL)8
Home RunsHRRuns Batted InRBI
1. 1B Edwin Encarnacion 511. 1B Edwin Encarnacion135
2. CF Mike Trout (LAA)442. CF Mike Trout (LAA)118
3. 1B Chris Davis (BAL)423. 1B Chris Davis (BAL)111
4. LF Khris Davis (OAK)394. LF Khris Davis (OAK)110
5. SS Carlos Correa (HOU)385. SS Carlos Correa (HOU)107
RunsRStolen BasesSB
1. CF Mike Trout1241. CF Rajai Davis47
2. 1B Edwin Encarnacion (CLE)1132. LF Mallex Smith (TAM)37
3. SS Francisco Lindor (CLE)1083. LF Jarrod Dyson (SEA)37
4. SS Carlos Correa (HOU)1034. CF Jacob May (CHW)27
5. CF George Springer (HOU)935. SS Francisco Lindor (CLE)21

AL Batting League Leaders - Updated: Oct 2, 2017
Base On BallsBBOn Base %OBP
1. 1B Carlos Santana931. CF Mike Trout.413
2. CF Mike Trout (LAA)932. 1B Miguel Cabrera (DET).389
3. 3B Josh Donaldson (TOR)913. 3B Miguel Sano (MIN).381
4. 3B Miguel Sano (MIN)854. 1B Edwin Encarnacion (CLE).379
5. 1B Migel Cabrera (DET)825. 2B Jose Altuve (HOU).374
Slugging %SLUGBatting WARWAR
1. CF Mike Trout.6401. CF Mike Trout11.3
2. LF Corey Dickerson (TAM).5782. SS Carlos Correa (HOU)8.3
3. 1B Chris Davis (BAL).5783. 3B Miguel Sano (MIN)6.3
4. 1B Edwin Encarnacion (CLE).5714. 2B Jose Altuve (HOU)6.0
5. SS Carlos Correa (HOU).5645. SS Francisco Lindor (CLE)5.9

AL Pitching League Leaders - Updated: Oct 2, 2017
WinsWLossesL
1. SP Dallas Keuchel241. SP Corey Kluber5
2. SP Corey Kluber (CLE)202. SP Carlos Carrasco (CLE)5
3. SP Kendall Graveman (OAK)193. SP Rick Porcello (BOS)5
4. SP Jeremy Hellickson (BAL)174. SP Kendall Graveman (OAK)6
5. SP Matt Shoemaker (LAA)175. SP Dallas Keuchel (HOU)6
SavesSVEarned Run AverageERA
1. CP Zach Britton491. SP Tyler Skaggs2.18
2. CP Kelvin Herrera (KC)452. SP Dallas Keuchel (HOU)2.19
3. CP Aroldis Chapman (NYY)443. SP Corey Kluber (CLE)2.49
4. CP Edwin Diaz (SEA)434. SP Luis Severino (NYY)2.54
5. CP Francisco Rodriguez (DT)385. SP J.A. Happ (TOR)2.70
ShutoutsSOStrikeoutsK
1. SP Dallas Keuchel51. Yu Darvish241
2. SP Corey Kluber (CLE)42. SP Blake Snell (TAM)234
3. SP Cole Hamels (TEX)43. SP Danny Salazar (CLE)233
4. SP Carlos Carrasco (CLE)34. SP Chris Sale (BOS)227
5. SP David Price (BOS)35. SP Corey Kluber (CLE)227

AL Pitching League Leaders - Updated: Oct 2, 2017
Complete GamesCGInnings PitchedIP
1. SP Dallas Keuchel101. SP Dallas Keuchel242.1
2. SP Corey Kluber (CLE)62. SP Corey Kluber (CLE)224.1
3. SP Chris Sale (BOS)43. SP Justin Verlander (HOU)*224.0
4. SP Cole Hamels (TEX)44. SP Chris Sale (BOS)221.1
5. SP Jaime Garcia (SEA)*45. SP Rick Porcello (BOS)219.0
WHIPWHIPPitching WARWAR
1. SP Dallas Keuchel0.961. SP Corey Kluber7.2
2. SP Corey Kluber (CLE)0.962. SP Carlos Carrasco (CLE)6.2
3. SP Carlos Carrasco (CLE)0.993. SP Tyler Skaggs (LAA)6.0
4. SP Josh Tomlin (CLE)1.044. SP Dallas Keuchel (HOU)6.0
5. SP Tyler Skaggs (LAA)1.055. SP Danny Salazar (CLE)5.8

2017 Atlanta Braves Stats - Hitting
NAMEABRH2B3BHRRBIBBSOSBCSBAOBPSLG
C Tyler Flowers413341121701051257000.271.314.385
C Kurt Suzuki26733811111954102800.303.335.566
1B Freddie Freeman59611619731061135488712.331.386.690
2B Ozzie Albies17816423204112362.236.279.275
3B Johan Camargo48339125161246393300.259.319.308
SS Dansby Swanson52252123163835519085.236.311.324
LF Matt Kemp407521201511549256400.295.336.447
CF Ender Inciarte6259220122984947532511.322.375.424
RF Nick Markakis522581442112469283600.276.316.458
-------
3B Adonis Garcia3453098220628185100.284.324.400
LF Emilio Bonafacio283357550216232946.265.330.304
LF Jace Peterson112329500782101.259.311.304
SS Chase d'Arnaud99622301802111.222.222.283
C Blake Lalli120200000400.167.167.167
-------
3B Andy Burns5751811132700.316.333.421
3B Rio Ruiz4131430132600.341.364.488
2017 Atlanta Braves Stats - Pitching
NAMEGPGSWLSVQSHLDIPHERHRBBSOWHIPERA
SP Julio Tehran3232713-21-191.0181781.231.746.691.143.68
SP M. Foltynewicz3131178-17-188.2177751.051.439.021.103.58
SP R.A. Dickey3330514-14-174.01901011.341.455.071.255.22
SP Sean Newcomb2825910-12-149.1147721.153.3810.191.364.34
SP Bartolo Colon211539-7-88.1105521.731.224.381.325.30
-------
SP Lucas Sims18301-0136.135181.241.987.931.184.46
SP Max Fried16431-2033.031120.821.918.451.153.27
-------
CP A. Vizcaino65-2618-2659.154190.762.7312.291.212.88
RP Ian Krol64-753-2551.038150.882.126.530.982.65
RP Jose Ramirez67-513-1155.243200.493.239.381.133.23
RP Sam Freeman62-432-1147.219181.132.838.121.223.40
RP A.J. Minter22-111-317.12081.562.0811.421.384.15
RP J. Collmenter62-110-482.296421.521.315.231.314.57
-------
RP Luke Jackson17-010-121.224130.832.498.311.385.40
RP Akeel Morris19-000-213.022121.382.0813.851.928.31
SP Matt Wisler2211-1-12.01352.250.009.751.083.75
RP Eric O'Flaherty10-000-07.2861.172.3510.571.307.04

MLB Team Rankings - Updated: Oct 2, 2017
Batting AverageAVGRunsR
1. Atlanta Braves.2751. Chicago Cubs799
2. Chicago Cubs.2742. Cleveland Indians758
3. Boston Red Sox.2723. Boston Red Sox755
4. Cleveland Indians.268 --------
5. Los Angeles Angels.26320. Atlanta Braves620
HitsHDoubles2B
1. Boston Red Sox15761. Miami Marlins305
2. Chicago Cubs15412. Chicago Cubs305
3. Atlanta Braves15353. Boston Red Sox300
4. Cleveland Indians1507 --------
5. Los Angeles Angels150230. Atlanta Braves214
Triples3BHome RunsHR
1. Washington Nationals451. Chicago Cubs213
2. San Francisco Giants432. Houston Astros211
3. Cincinnati Reds423. Cleveland Indians208
-------- --------
30. Atlanta Braves20 22. Atlanta Braves165
Runs Batted InRBIGround Into Double PlaysGIDP
1. Chicago Cubs7931. Colorado Rockies71
2. Cleveland Indians7532. Chicago Cubs79
3. Boston Red Sox7513. St. Louis Cardinals81
-------- -------
24. Atlanta Braves60030. Atlanta Braves151

Stolen BasesSBStolen Base %SB%
1. Milwaukee Brewers1441. San Diego Padres.844
2. Cincinnati Reds1262. Milwaukee Brewers.842
3. San Diego Padres1143. Pittsburgh Pirates.817
-------- --------
26. Atlanta Braves4930. Atlanta Braves.613
Base On BallsBBStrikeoutsK
1. Cleveland Indians5481. Atlanta Braves751
2. Toronto Blue Jays5182. Cleveland Indians1032
3. Chicago Cubs5113. Kansas City Royals1051
--------4. Los Angeles Angels1139
27. Atlanta Braves3645. Boston Red Sox1144
Slugging %SLUGOn Base %OBP
1. Chicago Cubs.4541. Chicago Cubs.339
2. Houston Astros.4392. Cleveland Indians.338
3. Cleveland Indians.4383. Boston Red Sox.330
-------- --------
13. Atlanta Braves.4096. Atlanta Braves.324
ErrorsEFielding %FLD
1. Kansas City Royals461. Kansas City Royals.992
2. Miami Marlins492. Miami Marlins.992
3. Toronto Blue Jays533. Atlanta Braves.991
4. Houston Astros544. Toronto Blue Jays.991
5. Atlanta Braves545. Houston Astros.991

Earned Run AverageERAComplete GamesCG
1. Los Angeles Dodgers2.891. San Francisco Giants17
2. San Francisco Giants3.112. Cleveland Indians13
3. Chicago Cubs3.143. Houston Astros13
-------- --------
22. Atlanta Braves3.9912. Atlanta Braves6
ShutoutsSOSavesSV
1. San Francisco Giants271. Baltimore Orioles59
2. Washington Nationals222. Kansas City Royals57
3. Cleveland Indians193. New York Mets55
--------4. New York Yankees54
13. Atlanta Braves135. Atlanta Braves54
Blown SavesBSVWin %W%
1. San Francisco Giants121. Chicago Cubs.654
2. St. Louis Cardinals132. Cleveland Indians.586
3. Baltimore Orioles153. Washington Nationals.586
-------- --------
21. Atlanta Braves2318. Atlanta Braves.481

Earned Runs AllowedERHome Runs AllowedHRA
1. Los Angeles Dodgers4671. St. Louis Cardinals130
2. San Francisco Giants5022. Chicago Cubs133
3. Chicago Cubs5073. Los Angeles Dodgers140
-------- --------
20. Atlanta Braves64218. Atlanta Braves182
Base On Balls AllowedBBAStrikeoutsK
1. Atlanta Braves3151. Cleveland Indians1419
2. Chicago Cubs3162. Washington Nationals1398
3. Los Angeles Angels3543. New York Yankees1354
4. Los Angeles Dodgers354 --------
5. New York Mets35519. Atlanta Braves1232

Last edited by BuccNole17; 04-03-2019 at 12:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2019, 07:16 PM   #6
Rookie

BuccNole17's Arena

2017 In-Season Trade Report

Around the League

Mets (38-27) acquire 1B Chris Carter (29-Age, C-Pot, 76-Ovr) (.301, 7 HRs, 17 RBIs) and LF Mark Payton (25, C, 63) (.332, 1 HR, 20 RBIs) from Yankees (31-34) for LF Michael Conforto (24, C, 70) (.208, 7 HRs, 17 RBIs).

LF Conforto is struggling for Mets. The Mets picked up Carter who is swinging a good bat and can play LF and RF. RF Jay Bruce is hurt and LF Cespedes is really struggling with a .200 average. Payton is purely AAA depth and playing well. Mets are in first place and feel like they can make a run.

For the Yankees, Judge is hurt and will be out for a few months. The Yankees have a couple of OFs that are in their mid 30s. They have young 1B with B potential in Bird that they plan on being the future at that position. They hope Conforto and a change of scenery will get him going, but also liked the idea of getting younger in the OF. Yankees are 5.5 games out of first place.

***Post Season Update: Mets made the playoffs. Chris Carter has played well in limited time (138 ABs). He has a solid line of .304, 8 HRs, 22 RBIs. The Yankees won the division. Conforto ended the year hitting .226, 12 HRs, 32 RBIs.

Rangers (30-35) acquire LF Yasmany Tomas (26, C, 73) (.202, 9 HRs, 22 RBIs) from Diamondbacks (31-36) for C Robinson Chirinos (32, C, 76) (.171, 0 HRs, 2 RBIs in 35 ABs).

The Diamondbacks pick up a catcher who is decently better (+5 Ovr) than what they have and also under team control for 2 years. They are only 5.5 games out of the Wild Card. Current LF, Hazelbaker, is performing at an average level.

For the Rangers, it gives them some much needed help at LF (+5 Ovr). They were able to afford 4 years of control by trading their backup catcher. They bought low on Tomas who has struggled so far with the hopes he will turn things around.

***Post Season Update: The Diamondbacks did not make the playoffs. Chirinos finished the year with only 103 ABs, .184, 3 HRs, 10 RBIs and ended the season on the DL with a broken hand. The Rangers also did not make the playoffs. Tomas did finish the year batting .248, 25 HRs, 68 RBIs.

Blue Jays (30-35) acquire C Derek Norris (28, C, 74) (.222, 5 HRs, 19 RBIs) from Rays (38-30) for SS Ryan Goins (29, C, 73) (.243, 5 HRs, 15 RBIs).

The Blue Jays are 5.5 games out of the AL Wild Card and get a solid backup catcher. Their current backup catcher, Salty, is only hitting .179 so far. They also have Tulo as the starting SS.

The Rays are only 2 games back, but are a below average team on defense. Goins addresses that need and will be able to fill in at SS until Duffy comes back from injury. They could afford to give up a catcher as Wilson Ramos is about to come back from injury.

***Post Season Update: The Blue Jays did not make the playoffs. Derek Norris finished the year down at AAA as he could not get anything going. His final stat line was .206, 7 HRs, 22 RBIs in 214 ABs. The Rays also missed out on the playoffs. Goins provided great defense, but continued to struggle at the plate. He finished the season with a .200, 5 HRs, 22 RBIs in 170 ABs. His defense is still good, but has decreased and is no longer elite.

Orioles (33-34) acquire CF Ben Revere (28, C, 73) (.253, 3 HRs, 7 RBIs) from Angels (35-37) for SP Tyler Wilson (27, C, 71) (5.53, 16 Ks, 1.37).

The Angels see this as a low risk trade to improve SP where a couple of their starters haven’t been very good. They have the depth at OF to make the move, and Wilson is also controllable for 5 more years.

For the Orioles, they need some decent OFs, and didn't see SP Tyler Wilson as part of their future rotation plans. Revere will likely be starting, but only has 1 year of team control. The Orioles will hope to resign him next year.

***Post Season Update: The Angels won the division. Wilson finished the season in long relief with a 4.20, 59 Ks, 1.21 stat line. The Orioles also made the playoffs. Revere is going into the playoffs on a hot streak and finished the year hitting .281, 4 HRs, 28 RBIs, and also stole 17 bases.

Athletics (46-36) acquire SS Zach Cozart (31, C, 82) (.271, 5 HRs, 18 RBIs) from Reds (32-49) for SP Grant Holmes (21, B, 59), RP Bobby Wahl (25, C, 61), and RF Tyler Marincov (25, C, 66).

The Athletics are 3.5 games up in the division and really improve on an IF that has a 74 overall 1B, 73 overall 2B, 81 overall 3B, and 75 overall SS. Cozart is a rental as he is a FA next year.

The Reds are in last place and are rebuilding. They get a young SP, AAA RP, and get some RF depth for someone they’d probably lose in FA anyways.

***Post Season Update: The Athletics narrowly missed the playoffs by a couple of games. Cozart ended the season hot and with a stat line of .253, 7 HRs, 32 RBIs. The Reds are fully embracing the rebuild. Holmes improved over the course of the season. He got his first taste of the show and got rocked. Wahl also did not perform too well in his limited action in the big leagues. Marincov followed suit and ended the year cold as well.

Athletics (49-44) acquire CP Raisel Iglesias (27, B, 87) from the Reds (33-59) for SP Daniel Mengden (24, B, 69) and 2B Max Schrock (22, B, 61).

In another Athletics and Reds deal, the As get a proven closer to strengthen the back end of the bullpen. Iglesias is an All Star as he pitched 32.2 innings with a 3.31 ERA and 1.29 Whip. He also has 29 Ks. He is under control for 3 more years at 4.5M per year. Iglesias becomes the CP at 87 overall and the 2nd best RP on the team. Only a couple of the As relievers have an ERA over 4.00, so this is a move that only strengthens the back end of their bullpen. The As are leading the AL West by 2 games.

The Reds get a young starter to aid with the rebuild. Mengden has been hurt with a fractured arm this season. He is cheap and still under control for 5 more seasons. He becomes 9th best SP on the team for now, but one will be a FA. He will spend the rest of the year in the rotation and then round out the rotation next year. A couple SPs have ERAs over 5.00 and another with ERA over 4.00. Schrock will be in AAA next season and is a ML All Star. He is a solid young IF and another chance for a prospect to develop and make an impact in the future. The Reds are in last place and every move they make is for the future.

***Post Season Update: The Athletics just missed the playoffs by a couple of games. Iglesias had a solid season with 37 saves. He finished the year with a 3.58, 49 Ks, 1.34 stat line in 55.1 innings pitched. The Reds obviously did not make the playoffs. Mengden struggled after coming back from injury. He finished up with a 5.24, 66 Ks, 1.69 stat line in 68.2 innings pitched. Schrock had solid improvement across the board.

Red Sox (49-48) acquire CF Byron Buxton (23, B, 79) from the Twins (47-48) for SP Jason Groome (18, B, 66), SS Marco Hernandez (24, C, 68), and 1B Sam Travis (23, B, 62).

Red Sox get a dynamic OF to replace LF Benintendi who will be out 1-2 months. Buxton is hitting .255, .317 OBP, 10 HR, 36 RBIs, and 5 steals. He is only 23 and is also under team control for 3 more years at arbitration. Buxton becomes the LF at 79 overall and the 3rd best OF on the team. The two current back up OFs are both hitting under .230 and the Red Sox weren’t comfortable giving them a starting job. The Red Sox are a .5 game out of the AL East and are tied for the AL Wild Card.

The Twins get a young starter to assist with the rebuild. SP Groome is only 18, but already a 66 overall. He is likely still 2 years away, but he has nice upside. SS Hernandez is a solid major league ready talent who is versatile. He spent first part of the year in AAA, but he is only 24 and is under team control for 5 more seasons. He becomes the 5th best IF at 68 overall, but one will be a FA. He will take on a utility role for the time being, but will factor into future plans too. 1B Travis will finish the year in AAA and will start off there next season as well. The hope is he will be the replacement for Joe Mauer, as he is a solid young player with good potential. The Twins are 3 games out of the AL Central and 1 game out of the Wild Card race. This move indicates they are sellers at the deadline and do not think they have the horses to make a run this year.

***Post Season Update: The Red Sox collapsed and missed the playoffs. Buxton finished the season with a .248, .315 OBP, 13 HRs, 48 RBIs stat line. He also chipped in 11 stolen bases. The Red Sox have a crowed roster, so it will be interesting to see what they do this offseason. Hernandez had a solid performance in 86 ABs finishing the year with .267, .284 OBP, 0 HRs, 7 RBIs and 2 SBs. Groome progressed really well and may be a superstar if he keeps progressing the way he is. Sam Travis also showed decent improvement across the board.

Insignificant Trades:

Yankees acquire 2B Carlos Sanchez (24, C, 71) from White Sox for SS Tyler Wade (22, C, 67).

Orioles acquire C Stuart Turner (25, C, 64) from Reds for SP Jayson Aquino (24, C, 64).

Orioles acquire C Tony Walters (24, C, 70) from Rockies for C Chance Sisco (22, B, 61) and RP Stefan Crichton (25, C, 60).

Orioles acquire CF Gregor Blanco (33, C, 73) from Diamondbacks for LF Joey Rickard (25, C, 75).

Orioles traded Rickard as he was hitting under .200, and Blanco can help them more right now. Diamondbacks traded for Rickard as Blanco is FA after this season. Rickard has solid attributes and is controllable for 4 more seasons. He is a buy low, bounce back candidate. The Diamondbacks LF, Hazelbaker, is also out for 2 months.

Orioles acquire CF Michael Hermosillo (22, C, 62) from Angels for SS Adrian Marin (23, C, 60).

The Orioles have two AAA CFs who are FA after the season. Angels get a potential solid SS prospect behind Simmons. He will be the 2nd best SS on roster.

Red Sox acquire RP Jarred Cozart (26, C, 66) from the Padres for SP Ty Buttrey (24, C, 57).

Both teams are trying to strike lightning in a bottle. Red Sox needed RP help and hope Cozart can be better and help address that need. The Padres are hoping a change of scenery with Buttrey can help him get on track and reach his potential.

Rays acquired SS Benji Gonzalez (27, C, 58) from the Twins for LF Granden Goetzman (24, C, 53).

Indians acquired 2B Alexi Amerista (27, C, 67) from the Rockies for LF Luigi Rodriguez (25, C, 57), RF Taylor Murphy (24, C, 54), and RP Dace Kime (25, C, 61).

Indians lost CF Austin Jackson due to injury for the season. This was the only thing they could get as the trade deadline has passed. Amerista also plays all OF positions.

Braves Trades

Braves acquired CF Kyle Lewis (21, B, 63) from the Mariners for SP Jamie Garcia (30, B, 84), RP Chaz Roe (30, C, 78), and SP Aaron Blair (24, C, 60).

Lewis has a surplus value of 35M (37.6M-2.6M for ACL injury). He is the 42nd ranked prospect on the 2017 MLB.com top 100 prospects. He spent 2017 in A ball.

Garcia has a surplus value of 20.03M. He has pitched 119.2 innings with a 8-6 record. He has an ERA of 2.93, 1.07 Whip, and 90 Ks. Roe has a surplus value of 15.03M. He has pitched 33.0 innings with a 2-2 record. He has a 2.45 ERA, 1.00 Whip, and 36 Ks. Blair has a surplus value of .44M. He has pitched 75.0 innings with a 4-4 record in AAA. He also has an ERA of 5.28, 1.75 Whip, and 67 Ks.

Garcia:
'14 = .2(x1), '15 = 3.9(x3), '16 = .6(x6) / 10 = 1.55
1.55 + 2.9 ('17 In-Game WAR) = 4.45
4.45 x 9 x .5 = 20.03

Roe:
'14 = -.1(x1), '15 = .2(x3), '16 = .4(x6) / 10 = .29
.29 + .6 ('17 In-Game WAR) = .89
.89 x 9 x 3 = 24.03 - 6.0 (3 Arb Yrs @ 1M, 2M, 3M) = 18.03 - 3.0 (RP under 92 overall) = 15.03

Mariners needed SP and were seeking RP. They are willing to take on Garcia’s 5.5M remaining salary. Garcia is a rental as he is in the final year of his contract. The Mariners will have the opportunity to re-sign him in the winter as he is only 30 years old. Garcia becomes the 2nd best SP on the Mariners at 84 overall. 3 out of the 5 SP in the Mariners rotation had 4.00+ ERAs and the LRP had a 5.00+ ERA. Roe is cheap and still under control for 3 more seasons. He becomes the 4th best RP at 78 overall. MRP pitchers have been inconsistent thus far. The Mariners hope this provides some stability in the rotation and bullpen as they sit at 45-45, 3 games out of AL West and 1 game out of the AL Wild Card race.

Braves acquire 1B Yordan Alvarez (19, C, 52) from the Astros for OF Lane Adams (27, C, 74), RP Joel De La Cruz (27, C, 62), and a player to be named later.

Alvarez has a surplus value of 13M. He is the Astros 4th ranked team prospect, but is not listed on the 2017 MLB.com top 100 prospects. He spent 2017 in A ball.

Adams has a surplus value of 3.23M. Adams is hitting .243, .254 OBP, 1 HR, 8 RBIs, and 3 stolen bases. De La Cruz has a surplus value of .27M. He was just a throw in from AA. ***Player to be named later goes here.***

Adams:
'14 = .5(x1), '15 = .2(x3), '16 = .2(x6) / 10 = .23
.23 + .0 ('17 In-Game WAR) = .23
.23 x 9 x 4 = 8.28 - 5.05 (1 MLB Min Yr @ 550K & 3 Arb Yrs @ 1M, 1.5M, 2M) = 3.23

Astros needed a LF and were seeking LF/RF. Adams becomes the 4th best OF on the Astros roster at 74 overall. Adams is 27 and doesn’t have proven stats or track record, but has shown he can be a 4/5 OF type player. He is cheap and still under control for 5 more seasons. Starting LF, Aoki, is only a 64 overall. Out of the 6 Astros OF, a couple are batting under .250. De La Cruz is throw in and will be a FA after the season. Braves wanted to move of him so other RP had a chance to show what they can do. The Astros hope this provides some depth in the OF and allows them the flexibility to part ways with some upper OF prospects if needed. The Astros sit at 47-43, 2 games out of AL West and are first in the AL Wild Card race.

Braves acquire SS Maurcio Dubon (22, B, 66) from the Brewers for CP Jim Johnson (33, C, 77) and 2B Travis Demeritte (22, B, 71).

Dubon has a surplus value of 15M. He is the Brewers 7th ranked team prospect, but is not listed on the 2017 MLB.com top 100 prospects. He spent 2017 in AA ball.

Johnson has a surplus value of 5.3M. Johnson pitched 34.0 innings with 26 saves. He has an ERA of 2.10, .82 Whip, and 28 Ks. Demeritte has a surplus value of 10.7M. He is the Braves 12th ranked team prospect. He is batting .233, .345 OBP, 6 HRs, 30 RBIs, and 5 steals in AAA.

Johnson:
'14 = -1.7(x1), '15 = -.1(x3), '16 = 1.5(x6) / 10 = .7
.7 + 1.0 ('17 In-Game WAR) = 1.7
1.7 x 9 x 1 = 15.3 - 5.0 (1 Yr @ 5M) = 10.3 - 5.0 (RP under 92 overall) = 5.3

Brewers needed RP and were seeking a CP. Johnson becomes the CP at 77 overall. He is signed for next year, but he is 33 years old and has shown volatility. They are willing to take on Johnson’s remaining salary this season and 5M next season. This allows Feliz, who is 76 overall, to move to a SU role. He becomes the 3rd best RP on the Brewers. Feliz, the CP, has 4.45 ERA and 1.42 Whip. One other member of bullpen has ERA above 4.70. Demeritte is a fringe prospect. He has low vision and has fallen out of favor with what the Braves new front office is looking for in a prospect. Has the raw tools, but has to be consistent and put everything together. The Brewers hope this solidifies the backend of their bullpen. They sit at 54-39, 7.5 games out of NL Central and lead the NL Wild Card race.

Braves acquire SP Dakota Chalmers (20, C, 55) from Athletics. Cardinals receive C Anthony Recker (33, C, 70) from the Braves. Athletics receive C Jeremy Martinez (22, C, 53) from the Cardinals.

Chalmers has a surplus value of 8M. He is the Athletics 17th ranked team prospect, but is not listed on the 2017 MLB.com top 100 prospects. He spent 2017 in A ball.

Recker has a surplus value of .89M. He is hitting .225, .330 OBP, 7 HRs, and 22 RBIs in AAA. He is a AAAA type player.

Martinez has a surplus value of 6M. He is not ranked in the Cardinals system, nor is he listed on the 2017 MLB.com top 100 prospects. He spent 2017 in AA ball.

Recker:
'14 = .9(x1), '15 = -.8(x3), '16 = .6(x6) / 10 = .21
.21 + 0.0 ('17 In-Game WAR) = .21
.21 x 9 x 1 = 1.89 - 1.0 (1 Yr Arb @ 1M) = .89

Oakland only has 5 catchers in the organization, and they are mostly older. This move gives them a AA catcher at 53 overall and that is only 22 years old.

Cardinals are trying to make a playoff run, and adding Recker gives them another 3rd catcher option that could move into the MLB backup catcher role if an injury occurs down the stretch. Their primary 3rd catcher, Eric Fryer, has struggled so far only hitting .202 in AAA this season.

Braves acquire CF Yusniel Diaz (20, B, 62) from the Dodgers for 2B Brandon Phillips (35, B, 82) and RP David Hernandez (31, C, 71).

Diaz has a surplus value of 20.2M. He is the 77th ranked overall prospect on the 2017 MLB.com top 100 prospects. He played 2017 in AA ball.

Phillips has a surplus value of 7.69M. He is batting .299, .339 OBP, 2 HRs, 19 RBIs, and 1 stolen base. He spent some time on the DL. Hernandez has a 1.43M surplus value. He has pitched 42.0 innings with a 2-5 record. He has a 3.41 ERA, 1.31 Whip, and 50 Ks at AAA.

Phillips:
'14 = 1.6(x1), '15 = 3.4(x3), '16 = .9(x6) / 10 = 1.72
1.72 + 1.1 ('17 In-Game WAR) = 2.82
2.82 x 9 x .5 = 12.69 - 5.0 (Age) = 7.69

Hernandez:
'14 = .3(x1), '15 = -.1(x3), '16 = .9(x6) / 10 = .54
.54 + 0.0 ('17 In-Game WAR) = .54
.54 x 9 x .5 = 2.43 - 1.0 (RP under 92 overall) = 1.43

Dodgers were looking to strengthen 2B and were seeking 2B. Phillips becomes the 2B vs RHP at 82 overall. He is a rental and is also 35 years old. They are willing to take on Phillips remaining salary of 14M this season as they are all in for a World Series run. This move allows Forsythe to move into a platoon role vs LHP and is 85 overall. Phillips becomes the 4th best IF on the Dodgers. Forsythe has .233 average and is hitting only .188 vs LHP. The hope is this will allow him to concentrate more on LHP and the break will help him out. It’s possible the Dodgers will reverse the platoon if needed as Phillips is batting a nice .341 vs LHP. Hernandez is a depth reliever. Has struggled a bit at AAA, but he is believed to have worked out the kinks in AA and is now back in AAA. He will provide depth to what has been a very good Dodger BP. The Dodgers hope this move strengthens their middle IF and provides them with a veteran bat for the playoff run. Also gives them some insurance if their BP arms get hurt or needs some rest. They sit at 62-45, 3 games out of NL West and lead the NL Wild Card race.

Braves acquire SP Braeden Ogle (19, C, 62) from the Pirates for 2B Sean Rodriguez (31, C, 78).

Ogle has a surplus value of 7M. He is the Pirates 28th ranked team prospect, but he is not listed on the 2017 MLB.com top 100 prospects. He spent 2017 in A ball.

Rodriguez has a surplus value of 6.9M. After coming back from injury, he batted .259, .259 OBP, 3 HRs, and 5 RBIs.

Rodriguez:
'14 = .2(x1), '15 = -.2(x3), '16 = 1.9(x6) / 10 = 1.1
1.1 + 0.3 ('17 In-Game WAR) = 1.4
1.4 x 9 x 1 = 12.6 - 5.7 (1 Yr @ 5.7M) = 6.9

Pirates were looking to improve for next year and saw a chance to bring back a familiar face. I tried to closely resemble the real life trade. Rodriguez becomes the 2B / UT at 76 overall. He will have 1 year left on his contract and is 31 years old. The Pirates are willing to take on Rodriguez's remaining salary of 5.7M next year. This move allows for versatility and flexibility as Rodriguez can play all over the IF. He becomes the 4th best IF on the Pirates. Current backup 2B, Alen Hanson, has .197 average. The Pirates hope this move strengthens their club house and provides them with a veteran bat who has posted a career best year with the organization not too long ago. The Pirates sit at 50-59, 21.5 games out of NL Central.

Last edited by BuccNole17; 04-13-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:11 PM   #7
Rookie

duh1call3dston3s's Arena

OVR: 0

I like the way your playing out your franchise. I'm more of a franchise player myself, have been ever since Chavez was on the cover when it was just MLB. Maybe 06? Been looking for a spot to post my updates as well. I usually play all 162 games, but I like how you set it up. I may take a try at that cause 162 is a lot to play! Good luck, following for sure!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »