Home

Erasing Bucky Dent - A 1978 Boston Red Sox Story (MLB 19 THE SHOW)

This is a discussion on Erasing Bucky Dent - A 1978 Boston Red Sox Story (MLB 19 THE SHOW) within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2019, 06:40 PM   #1
Rookie

TheJoker12's Arena

OVR: 11
Erasing Bucky Dent - A 1978 Boston Red Sox Story (MLB 19 THE SHOW)

The 1978 Boston Red Sox were a hell of a team - one that featured a 25-year old Jim Rice (who would win the league MVP that year), Carl Yastrzemski, Carlton Fisk, and Dennis Eckersley. They had only made the playoffs once since 1967, but on August 13th they sat nine games ahead of the Yankees for first in the division.

Of course, in typical pre-2004 Red Sox fashion, they blew this lead, and actually had to win their final eight games just to force a one-game playoff with the Yankees. They would lose that game 5-4 thanks to Bucky F'ing Dent.

I'm going to see if I can fix that.

This will run alongside my current Red Sox franchise. I'm planning on playing a handful of games each month and managing the rest - and I'll provide monthly reports rather than weekly ones (like my other franchise).

I'm using similar sliders except I've made a few adjustments to make the play style a little more accurate to the time period (mainly tried to decrease home runs, increase steals and pitching stamina).

Not sure if I'll run this for more than a season - we'll see how it goes. The other franchise takes priority but thought this would be a fun side project.

Hopefully you enjoy!

*credit to shanev for the awesome 1978 rosters

Last edited by TheJoker12; 06-22-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »