Home

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)

This is a discussion on Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #401
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
One would think that with 4 of your 5 starters returning from a National Title would keep you at North Florida for at least 1 more season but I think you are ready for bigger challenge. You have done what most have never done by winning a chip with a roster of low 70 rated players.

Will be very interesting to see if you are able to make the jump straight to a Major/Power conference or if you will still have to build your resume with a Mid-Major

I am assuming that with a National Title you have completed several attributes points and your coach must be a B Overall or better?
I'm torn because of all of the players returning, and some extremely talented ones coming in. At this point a new job would be simply to keep my interest. Winning 30+ games isn't as fun as having to work for it. That's the main reason for moving on, but at the same time much better offers will come if I wait one more year including about a 50/50 chance of one of the "dream jobs" for Matthews.

The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #402
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

CONFIRMED: Chris Matthews Tells School He Is Moving On
April 7, 2011

Jacksonville, FL - It's been an amazing three days for the school, celebrating an incredible season that resulted in a National Championship. We first got word of a potential departure of Coach Chris Matthews leaving yesterday, and we are now able to confirm that is the case. While it was bound to happen at some point, it comes so soon after glory.

No one seems to know where Matthews will be coaching next year, if at all. One would think that it would have to be a great offer for him to give up returning 4 starters from a national championship team as well as a great recruiting class coming in. We also do not know if the school has any replacements in mind. One thing we do know is that we are thankful for Chris Matthews' time here, and he has set this school and whoever it's next coach may be up for success for many years to come.

The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 03-15-2017, 02:38 PM   #403
MVP

RolePlayer's Arena

OVR: 0

Damn this Matthews guy a real jerk leaving the school he won a national title for
Old 03-20-2017, 09:11 PM   #404
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

Little Movement in Coaching Carousel
April 7, 2011

New York, NY - The college basketball season is done. Now is the time where we usually see a good amount of change between coaching positions. This year, however, there has been hardly any news especially with larger conference teams. It seems like the majority of them are content with their current coaches.

Presumably the top candidate would be the man who just led North Florida to a national championship, Chris Matthews. There are reports that he has been contacted by multiple schools, but no major job openings. Sources indicate that he does have an offer from an A-10 school, as well as several in Conference USA. Perhaps once he decides what school he will be going to, there dominos will start to fall.

Looking at those two conferences, a few teams that could be in the running are Duquesne, Fordham, UMass, Tulsa, and UCF. All of those teams struggled, with UMass and UCF fairing the worst of the bunch. Now those are just from the conferences that there have been rumors swirling around. There could very well be a surprise team that takes a chance on Matthews' character.

The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 03-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #405
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

Coaching Carousel in Full Swing
April 8, 2011

New York, NY - Chris Matthews came out and released a statement finally regarding his next move. All it said was "One. More. Year." One could assume that he plans to return to the Ospreys for at least one more season based on that. Other schools seemed to assume so as the coaching carousel is in full swing.

Auburn fired Jeff Lebo after a 10-21 season where they only went 3-13 in SEC play. They hired Bobby Cremins from who led College of Charleston to back-to-back NCAA Tournament appearances. Jeff Lebo was hired by Hartford after their coach Leibovitz took the vacant Idaho job.

UMass fired Travis Ford after a few bad seasons. They replaced him with Pat Douglas, who had been leading UC Irvine. They had not made the postseason recently, but have consistently been in top 3 of the conferences. Ford will take over at Grambling, whose coach Marigney took the open position at Troy.

Other moves include R. Hunter from IUPUI taking over at Tulsa after D. Wojcik was fired. MD Eastern-Shore coach L. Pugh will take over at Tulane after D.Dickerson was fired.

The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2017, 04:22 PM   #406
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

2011 Recruiting

Top 50 Recruits

Top Recruiting Classes
1. Duke
-#1 J.W. Cowen
-#3 Tahric Miggins
-#11 Jason English
-#34 Monte James
-#132 Jon Berrelleca
-#150 Ronni Assel

2. Arizona
-#5 Robby Burnstein
-#6 Theodore Troester
-#52 Lucas Daniel
-#203 Dedric Kragelo

3. Texas
-#7 Rex Mohammed
-#17 Artie Gerlach
-#181 Cyril Rothbart
-- JC 3* Sheldon Hargett

4. Florida
-#9 Donovan Cantrell
-#23 Jerrod Whitney
-#87 Dajuan Boykin
-#89 Ira Brophy
-#115 Elvin Sargent

5. Wake Forest
-#14 Geoffrey Sanderson
-#76 Rich Spencer
-#90 T.R Spong
-#91 Iman Sykes

13. North Florida

The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 05-02-2020, 10:55 PM   #407
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

First post on OS in almost two and a half years, but I've been having the itch to come back and continue this. I'm a little bummed that the image hosting has caused most of the images to disappear, but I might have to continue on without it since most of those images are long gone. What is the preferred image hosting site for dynasties these days?

The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 05-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #408
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
First post on OS in almost two and a half years, but I've been having the itch to come back and continue this. I'm a little bummed that the image hosting has caused most of the images to disappear, but I might have to continue on without it since most of those images are long gone. What is the preferred image hosting site for dynasties these days?

I use imgur and have found it great and easy to use.

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »