Home

The Legacy of Jai Morris(CH 2k8)

This is a discussion on The Legacy of Jai Morris(CH 2k8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #49
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Legacy of Jai Morris(CH 2k8)

Georgia Tech 76, #1 Clemson 72

12TFinal
GT (13-9)373976
CLEM (25-1)462672
7:00 PM
February 14, 2009
LittleJohn
Clemson, SC

The Hangover finally catches the Tigers.

"We came out really well, we have had major swagger all year and so we got super cocky, lots of trash talk and things like that and when we came out the second half they just ran us over." Said Trevor Booker, the Tigers junior leader about the teams poor performance in the second half as Clemson lost its first game of the year 76- 72 to the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Senior and team captain K.C Rivers felt the worst pain after the game, "It hurts, big time. I guess we were too cocky. After we swept Carolina we all just felt like man no one will beat us this year, this is our year! And here we are. Its worst knowing I let my team down and I cannot take that back now." K.C was well out preformed by another ACC all-star Lewis Clinch. The Jackets senior leader at SG shut down K.C and then poured in 24 of his own most in the second half.

Statistics

#1 Clemson

Stitt 10 points, 7 assist, 5 rebounds, fouled out with :46 to play
Rivers 5 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assist
Smith 15 points, 6 rebounds
Booker 26 points, 11 rebounds, 9 blocks, 1 foul (12-12 FT)
Baciu 5 points, 6 rebounds, fouled out

Notes: David Potter missed practice tuesday and was knocked from the starting spot for the game. He played fewer minutes and had only 1 basket for the game. Jerai Grant played his first game since being injured in which he played substantial minutes when Baciu was in foul trouble. and had 2 points, and 3 rebounds.

Georgia Tech

Mo Miller 3 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assist, 3 fouls (Crazy)
Lewis Clinch 24 points, 6 rebounds, 4 steals
Lance Storrs 15 points, 4 rebounds
Gani Lewal 14 points, 12 rebounds, fouled out
Alade Aminu 7 points, 11 rebounds, fouled out

Notes: Iman Shumpert, was hurt in the game after scoring 2 points, and 2 assist. Zack Peacock added 6 points, and 4 rebounds.

#1 Clemson is now 25-1 (9-1)
Next Game is at NC State 11-10 (6-4) on February 16.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #50
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

#1 Clemson 87, North Carolina State 65
12TFinal
CLEM (26-1)503787
NCST (11-11)362965
12:00 PM
February 16, 2009
RBC Center
Raleigh, NC

Tigers bounce back against the Wolfpack, 87 to 65.

Clemson came out strong and never looked back; easily their most complete game in ACC play the Tigers looked sharp and out for blood after being upset by Georgia Tech. It was a game where all 7 guys clicked and even when they were big on the scoreboard they looked like a team that could still put up another 50 points. According to State head coach Sydney Lowe, "They are scary good, all tall and athletic. Elite athletes with unlimited potential. Every player had us beat to the ball, or beat to the basket. I wish them the best of luck the rest of the year and hope we don't have to play them unless its for the ACC title."

Stats

#1 Clemson

Stitt 10 points, 8 assist, 3 rebounds, fouled out
Rivers 16 points, 3 turnovers
Smith 12 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assist, 3 steals, 2 blocks
Booker 20 points, 7 rebounds,5 assist, 6 blocks, 3 steals
Baciu 15 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assist

Notes: David Potter added 8 points, 9 rebounds and in a statement by coach Morris saying that Potter is "Going to be the go-to guy off the bench until he learns to make it to practice." The Tigers were trying out a new offensive scheme running the ball threw the low post to open up easy 3 point shots.

North Carolina State

Gonzalez 3 points, 2 assist
Fells 11 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assist
Horner 5 points, 3 rebounds
Costner 8 points, 6 rebounds, 3 steals
McCauley 25 points, 6 rebounds

Notes: Tracy Smith had 13 points, 6 rebounds and a couple steals.

#1 Clemson is now 26-1 (10-1)
Next Game: February 19th against Florida State 13-13 (4-7)
Old 06-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #51
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

#1 Clemson 82, Florida State 73
12TFinal
CLEM (27-1)315182
FSU (13-14)353873
February 19, 2009
Tucker Center
Tallahassee, FL

#1 Clemson rallies late to beat the Seminoles, 82-73.

You might say "Just another day in the office" for the Tigers, but if you had watched the game you would know it was no ordinary day. With less than 4 minutes to go in the game Clemson was looking at its second loss with a 63-55 deficit. Sophomore Demontez Stitt had 8 points, and was looking to be too tired to carry himself down the court, the long season has been getting to him. The 2 bigs, Booker and Baciu, were struggling to contain the quick striking Echefu, and the massive Alabi. But a miracle happened. With 25 seconds to go the Tigers led the game 75-71 and the Seminoles had resort to fouling but had no gas in the tank to mount a comeback. Senior Toney Douglas who was an assassin from deep all game went down with a broken thumb. By the way Demontez Stitt picked himself up and finished with 29 points, yeah 21 more than he had at the 4 minute mark.

Stats:

#1 Clemson 27-1 (11-1)

Stitt 29 points, 5 assist
Rivers 7 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assist, fouled out
Smith 8 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals
Booker 13 points, 5 rebounds
Baciu 11 points, 19 rebounds, 4 blocks

Notes: Potter 8 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assist. Jerai Grant played 4 minutes and had 2 air balls from >10 feet.

Florida State 13-14 (4-8)

Loucks 9 points, 3 rebounds, 8 assist, 4 fouls
Douglas 12 points, 2 steals, hurt with 2 minutes to go
Singleton 14 points, 6 rebounds
Echefu 24 points, 9 rebounds
Alabi 12 points, 19 rebounds, 3 blocks

Notes: Only Jordan DeMercy played off the bench.

#1 Clemson is now 27-1 911-1).
Next Game: February 27 at #15 Miami 18-4(7-3).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 02:48 AM   #52
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

Miami (FL) 59, #1 Clemson 76
12TFinal
MIA (20-6)372259
CLEM (28-1)334376
February 27, 2009
Little John
Clemson, SC

Big second have lifts #1 Clemson past #13 Miami, 76- 59.

Demontez Stitt came into the game feeling very tired and sore, under flu symptoms; he felts terrible and out of breath for most of the game but he only rested for 2 minutes all game and lead all scorers with 20 points. To make matters worse Miami's big 3 all had a terrible second half, giving up 43 points and looking like a low tier team, not the #13 team in the country. Eddie Rios was very upset, "We played so well the first half, we just fell apart the second half. I feel terrible for Jack, he wanted to go out with a #1 team upset."

Stats:

#1 Clemson

Stitt 20 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assist
Rivers 18 points, 4 fouls
Smith 5 points, 5 rebounds, 4 turnovers
Booker 12 points, 16 rebounds, 3 blocks
Baciu 15 points, 22 rebounds

Notes: David Potter had 11 rebounds, Oglesby had 4 points, 5 rebounds.

#13 Miami

Rios 10 points, 4 steals, 4 fouls
McClinton 13 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assist, 40 minutes
Asbury 12 points, 3 rebounds
Collins 2 points, 14 rebounds
Gamble 9 points, 11 rebounds

Notes: Lance Hurdle had 5 points to help Rios.

#1 Clemson is now 28-1(12-1)
Next Game: #18 Maryland 20-8 (7-7) RPI 17
Old 07-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #53
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

#18 Maryland 74, #1 Clemson 90
12OTTFinal
MD (20-9)383674
CLEM (29-1)474390
1:15 PM
March 2, 2009
Little John
Clemson, SC

Clemson rolls again, 90-74.

Catalin Baciu came out of the gate like a thoroughbred at the Kentucky Derby, and #1 Clemson didn't look back. Baciu is defiantly in the top 5 for Freshman of the Year in the ACC, he puts up big numbers night in and night out, and at 7 foot 230 he is a beast with a huge pretense in the paint. He held UConn's big man Hasheem Tahbeat to under 10 points earlier in the year.

Stats:

#1 Clemson

Stitt 8 points, 13 assist
Rivers 11 points, 7 rebounds
Smith 6 points, 1 rebound (2-2 from 3)
Booker 6 points, 11 rebounds
Baciu 47 points, 17 rebounds

Notes: David Potter 10 points, 7 rebounds

#18 Maryland

Vasquez 19 points, 6 rebounds, 7 assist, 9 turnovers
Hayes 21 points, 4 assist
Tucker 6 points, 3 rebounds
Gregory 2 points, 13 rebounds
Dupree 10 points, 8 rebounds

Notes: Adrian Bowie had 14 points.

#1 Clemson is now 29-1(13-1) RPI: 1
Next Game: Georgia Tech 15-12 (5-9) RPI: 36
Old 07-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #54
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

#1 Clemson 90, Georgia Tech 87
12OTTFinal
CLEM (30-1)424890
GT (14-10)384987
March 17, 2009
Alexander Memorial
Atlanta, GA

The Tigers win a thriller beating the Yellow Jackets by three.

Once again, as they have done time and time again towards the end of the year, the Tigers ride Baciu to another win. “We really didn’t match up well in the post, but we used our size to get to the rim. Late in the game GT pulled a full court press and Catalin was open with a miss match most of the time. Plus he is one of out best free throw shooters and his 11-12 tonight really helped in a close game.” Said coach Jai Morris of Clemson who has his team ranked #1 in the country. Georgia Tech has been in the bottom of the ACC standings all season and was looking to get some momentum heading into the conference tournament. “We just wanted to get a big win and get this “Ramblin’ Wreck” moving in the right direction again.” Said GT coach Paul Hewitt.

Stats:

#1 Clemson

Stitt 20 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assist, 4 fouls
Rivers 12 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists
Smith 0 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks
Booker 10 points, 11 rebounds, 8 blocks
Baciu 40 points, 16 rebounds, 5 blocks

Notes: Potter had 8 points picking up the slack of Tanner Smith who has affected by a toe injury suffered in practice. Jerai Grant was not dressed for the game; he has missed practice all week because his mother is in the hospital.

Georgia Tech

Mo Miller 18 points, 10 assists, 6 steals
Lewis Clinch 19 points, 5 rebounds
Lance Storrs 14 points, 3 assists
Gani Lewal 18 points, 12 rebounds, 4 fouls
Alade Aminu 10 points, 4 rebounds, 3 blocks, fouled out

Notes: Only Zack Peacock and Iman Shumpert dressed for the Yellow Jackets neither added significant minutes, both had 4 points.

#1 Clemson is now 30-1.
Next Game: Senior Night at Little John vs. Virginia Tech.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #55
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

Virginia Tech 86, #1 Clemson 95

12OTTFinal
VT (11-18)454186
CLEM (31-1)573895
March 19, 2009
Little John
Clemson, SC

#1 Clemson too much for last place Virginia Tech.

The Tigers didn’t play amazing, or great, or anything out of the ordinary, but they played their now popular up-tempo style and gave the Hokies more than they could handle. Catalin Baciu made undersized Jeff Allen, who moved to C earlier in the year to let freshman Davila into the lineup. “Jeff is a great ballplayer he is just our of his natural position, I think if VT finds their need for a center they can be really good next year, until then it looks like the cellar.” Said Senior K.C. Rivers after he had a big night. Before they game the Tiger faithful gave K.C. a 15-minute celebration, as he was one of the most celebrated players to wear the orange in the past few years. The real star is Baciu who, as of late has been averaging in the 30-ppg range and is looking to be a big time award winner.

Stats:

#1 Clemson

Stitt 12 rebounds, 11 assist
Rivers 17 points, 3 assist, 3 rebounds, 5 steals
Smith 5 points, 7 rebounds, 4 fouls
Booker 13 points, 9 rebounds, 5 steals, 4 blocks
Baciu 43 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks (7-7 Ft)

Notes: David Potter 5 points, and helped Tanner Smith who is still having toe issues. Jerai Grant is still missing from the Clemson basketball team attending to his mother in Maryland.

Virginia Tech

Delaney 19 points, 9 assist, 3 rebounds, 11 turnovers
A.D Vassilo 18 points, 5 turnovers, 4 fouls
J.T. Thompson 21 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assist
Victor Davila 2 points, 1 rebound
Jeff Allen 9 points, 10 rebounds

Notes: Hank Thorns had 10 points off the bench.

#1 Clemson is now 31-1.
Next Game: ACC Conference tournament.

Last edited by smidger9; 07-13-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #56
Rookie

smidger9's Arena

ESPN.com

Coach Jai Morris of the Clemson Tigers, along with his staff and some players hosted a press conference prior to Thursdays ACC tournament game against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Coach Morris and Coach Roderick Fitch both addressed the media and then took some questions but the main attraction was budding star Catalin Baciu.

Coach Jai Morris, “We have been solid all year, I think we have put yourself in a good position to win the ACC, really better than most teams since we have the first round bye and some of the really good teams like Wake Forest, Maryland, and Duke all pulled a bad seed that will give them a long hard road to the championship, not that ours is all cupcakes and rainbows. But, if I had to say so I think we are favorable as any team in the ACC. Georgia Tech is one of the best teams in the ACC against us match up wise, they are the only team to beat us this year and our last contest was a barn burner. I have to give it to the Yellow Jackets coach Paul Hewitt, he has been great in Atlanta the past 10 years and has really developed some talent down there, and he has his boys ready to play us tough every game, they are a team I would love to see have a NCAA birth because I think they could be dangerous.”

Coach Roderick Fitch, “ Over the past season we have worked hard in practice, we have strived for perfection, and we have pushed ourselves to be the best in the country. Coming into the season a lot of people didn’t have us on their radar and when we were ranked top 25 in the preseason I think a lot of people were surprised and a lot of heads were turning. I like to think that we have not failed to please, I can tell you every fan in Clemson, South Carolina and all of Tiger Nation believes in this team. When we started this past off-season we had a bunch of “Non-ACC” talent and a group of players who needed to be pushed in the right direction. Jai and me have been close for many years and we have both seen the dream of a ring, but neither of us imagined we would be this close so soon. Jai is one of the best eyes for talent and one of the best guys for shaping that talent into its potential. Guys like Catalin weren’t “ACC talent” by most scouts and other coaches, but from day 1 Jai told me he was going to be big, and that’s not just saying his size. It took some shaping and half the season but Big C has really found his spot on the team and he has learned how to use his size. We look forward to a game against Georgia Tech as it is always exciting, and hopefully we can bring home some hardware to Clemson.”

Catalin Baciu, “ When Coach Jai came in last April he talked to all the guys on the team and me and Tanner were still in High School so we didn’t really get to know Coach Morris until August, and he looked at me and said that I would be conference freshman of the year if I can show him I can make a shot from anywhere inside 10 feet. So we spent all season playing me against anyone tall, 3 or 4 guys at a time and I had to learn to make any shot given to me, because in the ACC 1 guy or 2 guys will be bumping me and pushing me every time I go to shoot, so I had to learn and I think the past month I have really gotten down how to move around guys when I shoot to create that shot.”

Clemson is projected to be a #1 Seed out of the East bracket in the NCAA tournament, they play Georgia Tech in the 2nd Round of the ACC Tournament played in the Bojangles Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »