Home

Attempting the Impossible LAC Dynasty (NBA LIVE 09)

This is a discussion on Attempting the Impossible LAC Dynasty (NBA LIVE 09) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Attempting the Impossible LAC Dynasty (NBA LIVE 09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid
The linescore for your first game has the Rockets winning not you..
Thanks for the notice man it's fixed now
Old 06-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
Rookie

Grizzlies 95 Bulls 88
1234T
MEM (3-0) 2118352195
CHI (2-1) 2320212488
Tough Defense Leads To Grizzlies W
CHICAGO-- Despite a 11-2 Bulls run to open the fourth; the Grizzlies hold on for there third straight victory led by the play of there 3 power forwards. Darko Milicic and Darrell Arthur each pulled down a double double while athletic power forward Hakim Warrick added 16 points off the bench.

When asked how it felt to lead the team to victory Darko Milic responded, "We, as in the big men, are kind of sick of hearing about Gay and Mayo. I not saying that as if all eyes should be on us but we have been busting our @$$ out there to get the w's to. Today we stepped up big and showed that we can lead the team to."

When asked about Darko's comments head coach Marc Iavaroni responded,"I am ok with that. I want our big guys to be motivated. We still dont have a true team leader so I want players to take over games and lead. Today was another great team effort. We went into half time trailing and the guys came out firing on both sides of the ball. What was it something like 30 points in the third came from Warrick, Darko, and Gay. That there is leading by example and wanting to win. It just we got to make sure next time not to let one person beat us. Gordons 14 in the fourth almost ammounted a comeback. Got to close games better."

Ben Gordon led all scorers with 27 points while Rudy Gay again led the Grizz with 25. Larry Hughes and Derrick Rose were also in double figures for the Bulls.

Memphis Grizzlies is off tomorrow to travel before taking on Golden State (0-3) Monday night then have Tuesday off before starting a 4 game road trip where they will take on Sacramento (1-2), Golden State, Denver (2-1), and Phoenix (3-0).

PS= AFTER DOMINATING EARLY I DECIDED TO MOVE UP TO ALL STAR LEVEL
Old 06-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #11
Rookie

Warriors 105 Grizzlies 114

1234T
GSW (0-4) 21282531105
MEM (4-0) 30263226114
Final
GRIZZ GO WIRE TO WIRE VICTORY
MEMPHIS-- The Memphis Grizzlies started the game on a 11-4 run and never looked back completly dominating the Warriors. Memphis was led by excellent defense of play down low which ended up blocking 14 shots and only allowing 3 offensive rebounds. Memphis out rebounded the Warriors 37-26 (13-5 in third quarter).

"Our big guys did it again today. From start to finish just completly dominated down low. I am telling you right now we are lookin better than ever; but it only game four. There is still plenty of season to go but I defently can not be disappointed in how we are playing," said head coach Marc Iavaroni when asked about the start to the season and game.

Both 5 Grizzlies and Warriors scored in double figures with Rudy Gay again leading the way with 29 points for the Grizz. Cory Maggette scored 25 to lead Golden State. Yet the game ball did not go to Rudy, instead it went to Darrell Arthur who again grabbed himself a double double, 14 points/11 rebounds, along with blocking a career high 6 shots.

When asked about today performance Darrel responded with, "I feel like I am just hitting my stride. After being sat on the bench today I felt like I had something to prove to coach. I feel like I should be starting every game but I know right now it is best for me to come off the bench. Hakim and I make a scary twosome down low; but unfortuntly we both cant start. We both fell like we should be starting and I wont lie we got a friendly bet going on who will have better performances game in and out."

Now after an off day Tuesday the 4 game road trip will begin starting in Sacramento.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 02:39 PM   #12
Rookie

Grizzlies 135 Kings 137

1234OT
MEM (4-1) 2621292930
SAC (2-3) 2533281932
Final
Udrih Nails Buzzer Beater To Propel Kings
SACRAMENTO-- Despite a double digit fourth courter rally and a combined 75 points by OJ Mayo and Rudy Gay the Memphis Grizzlies drop there first game of season in double overtime at the Kings. The Memphis Grizzlies couldn't get it going and was unable to shut down the Kings offense till the fourth. All 5 starters and Francisco Garcia scored in double figures with Kevin Martin leading the way with 33 for the Kings. Breno Udrih added 24 points along with hitting the game winner from the right free throw line as time expires.

"We just couldnt get anything going in the second quarter on either side of the ball. I was happy we did not give up though and battled back in the fourth. I should of probably called for the zone sooner." answered Marc Iavaroni.

Memphis switched to the 3-2 zone in the fourth and it started the turn around and comeback. They used it all of OT 1 but the Kings caught on to it and Memphis was forced to go back to man to man in OT 2.

We all thought the game was over in the first OT Rudy Gay thought he hit a game winner but it was waved off. Rudys response was to if he got it off in time, "Absoulutly. I have no idea what the refs were looking at but that ball was defently good. Nothing we can do about it now though. We have to learn and move on."

Memphis is now 4-1 and will be taking on the Golden State Warriors Friday night. Memphis defeated them earlier this week by 9.

"We know they will be loooking for revenge. We got to get a jump on them like we did Monday. We can not have a quarter like we did tonight because the Warriors will run away with it." said Michael Conley.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #13
Rookie

Grizzlies 107Warriors 116
1234T
MEM (3-3) 23293520109
GSW (1-5)18343331116

Final
Warriors Dominate 4th Quarter & Pick Up W
OAKLAND-- The Memphis Grizzlies drop the second game in the row after a horrible fourth quarter. Taking the lead into the fourth everyone was sitting back and waiting for Memphis to go on a run and blow the game open just like they did on Monday but instead this time it was Golden State turn. Golden State opened the fourth on a 11-2 run and never looked back. It was a complete team effort with 8 players scoring a basket in the fourth.

"I dont know what the &^*% happen out there." said coach Ivy when asked what he thought about the fourth quarter. "It was like we just went asleep. Sad thing about it is all game long we could not stop (Cory) Maggette except in the fourth. That was our worse quarter."

Cory Maggette lead all players with 31 points; with 15 of those coming in the third. Steven Jackson and Monta Ellis also scored +20 points. Rudy Gay, who was recently fined $20,000 after comments about the refs in Sacramento,again led the Grizzlies with 30 points despite all five starters scoring in double figures.

When asked what happen out there Rudy responded,"I have no idea. It was like everyone was lookin for someone else to step up in the fourth. We got to start playing as a team. We can not go cold like this once every game. We are not good enough to battle back from that."

Next up for the Grizzlies is a trip to Denver followed by a game in Phoenix before returning home.

Last edited by BigBlueFan08; 07-06-2009 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Tdouglas correction THANKS
Old 07-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #14
Rookie

TDouglas23's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueFan08
just like the day Monday;
it should be either just like they did on Monday or like on Monday

anyways great start and these are very well written. Are you going to add stats or player of the game?
MLB - Tampa Bay
NFL - New Orleans
NCAA - Florida State

Last edited by TDouglas23; 07-04-2009 at 06:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »