Home

When in Detroit I be ballin' like a Piston (NBA LIVE 09)

This is a discussion on When in Detroit I be ballin' like a Piston (NBA LIVE 09) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
When in Detroit I be ballin' like a Piston (NBA LIVE 09)

October 7,2008
1:23 PM ET
BY STEVE McMAHON
Joe Dumars Steps Down As GM of Pistons
DETROIT-- Despite only a few weeks before the regular season kicking off Detroit Pistons owner Karen Davidson announced the resignation of GM Joe Dumars in a press conference this morning. She wasted no time though finding a replacement for Dumars, naming Bobby Kennedy interm GM. There isn't much to know currently bout Bobby except he is a 30 year old native from Detroit.
Bobby has huge shoes to fill seeing that Dumars became the Pistons' President of Basketball Operations prior to the 2000–01 NBA season. He was voted the league's Executive of the Year for the 2002-03 season and quietly went on to build the team that won the 2004 NBA Championship and became the 2005 NBA Eastern Conference Champions—doing so largely with players who had been discarded by other franchises. The Pistons have mad it to the Eastern Conference Finals six straight years (2003–2008) under Dumars' watch.
Bobby nor Joe could be reached for comment at this time. We hope to have more for you later on today and actually have a sit down interview with new GM Bobby Kennedy later this week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: When in Detroit I be ballin' like a Piston (NBA LIVE 09)

October 10,2008
5:30 PM ET
BY STEVE McMAHON
Get To Know Interm GM Bobby Kennedy
DETROIT-- Well I told you I would find a way to get this interview in and well here it is. I was very fortunate to be selected to do the first sit down interview with GM Bobby Kennedy and well here it is.
ME: Thank you very much for letting me get this interview.
BOBBY KENNEDY (BK): No problem at all; I heard you been hitting up my secretarys phone daily.
ME: Yeah sorry about that I just promised the people to have the first sit down interview. Anyways enough about me lets talk about you. No one seems to have information on you so why don't you tell us where you came from and well your plans for the Pistons.
BK: Well I graduated in 02' with a bachelors degree in communications, politics and law from University of Detroit. I have been working there as an assistant coach for a few years now after playing there for 2.
ME: Hmmm so you have been right under our nose for awhile. How did you get hired exactly.
BK: My family and Mrs. Davidson family have been friends forever. I guess she liked what she heard from me around the dinner table and well decided to give me a chance.
ME: Well that defently is one interested sitution building. Well now what are those plans you have in mind.
BK: Well what Dumars was doing has been working. I mean 6 straight finals apperances is extremly impressive but only one NBA title to show for it. With the next two years of free agent markets coming up I think it is time to go with the new. I want lie to you my number one goal is to fix Dumars mistake of taking Darko over D-Wade or Bosh. I am determinded to land one of them here in Detroit.
ME: Wow that is a bold statement there. What about the players here now? Do you like what has been built or...
BK: I only have one year to change things around here and well thats what I am going to do. We have nice building blocks but if you remember correctly Dumars built his team threw trades. Me on the other hand want to start building threw the draft and free agency.
ME: Well thank you for the little time we had here and hope to talk to you again. Any last words?
BK: Yes. To all you Pistons fans this year maybe not as great as what you are use to. We have a new coach with some vetern players. I truthfully am going to change that. My theory and goal for that to happen is to go out with the old and in with the new. Just stick with us and trust me We will be Champions again.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

pretty good start even though i'm not pistons fan i'll follow
Old 07-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
Rookie

ROSTER
HEAD COACH MICHAEL CURRY 0-0
POS

PLAYERS NAME

HEIGHT

WEIGHT

SG

Aaron Affalo

6'5

PG

Chauncey Billups

6'3

C

Kwame Brown

6'11

SG

Richard Hamilton

6'7

PF

Walter Herrmann

6'9

PF

Amir Johnson

6'9

PF

Jason Maxiell

6'7

PF

Antonio McDyess

6'9

SF

TayShaun Prince

6'9

C

Cheick Samb

7'1

SG

Rodney Stuckey

6'5

PF

Rasheed Wallace

6'11

Last edited by Jnort3; 07-12-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
Rookie

October 1, 2008 11:12
Written by Earl Mourning
Pacers Hold On Despite Pistons Late Rally
DETROIT-- The Bobby Kennedy/Michael Curry era didn't start off a great one but it sure was a entertaing start.
Before the game everyone said the match up to watch was between TayShaun Prince and Danny Granger, and well it defently didn't disappoint. Danny came out firing in the first knocking down 12 of the Pacers 15 points, along with giving a hard foul to TayShaun on a breakaway oppurtunity. That foul must have set off TayShaun because he held Granger scoreless in the second quarter. Detroit was out scored 32-21 in the third an trailed by 15 going into the fourth. In the third TayShaun came out firing dropping 13 of the Pistons 21. Then came the fourth and Detroit went on a 12-0 run to get with in three. It then became a chest match with TayShaun and Danny matching basket for basket. Danny ended up winning the battle by knocking down 14 to TayShaun's 10, but more importantly he won the war picking up the 114-107 victory.

"We just got beat simple as that," Curry stated in the post game press confrence. "No execuses coming from me we just got out coached and out manned. I am glad we battled back though but that doesn't matter it still a lost. Danny and TayShaun were defently sure were entertaining to watch."

Next up for the Detroit Pistons is a home game versus the Washington Wizards.

SIGNINGS
  • Heat and Alonzo Mourning agree to a 1YR/1.82 deal
  • Warriors and Earl Boykins agree to a 2YR/4.44M deal.
  • Suns and Keith Mcledo agree to a 1YR/854K deal.
INJURYS
  • Magics Mickeal Pietrus has bruised knee.
  • Knicks JaMal Crawfored has a sore foot.
  • Vince Carter has a sprained thumb.
  • Rudy Gay is suffering from a bone spur in ankle.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »