Home

Created Basketball league..

This is a discussion on Created Basketball league.. within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2009, 07:18 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Created Basketball league..

Great job with this still!!

Keep it up!

R.I.P Paintball BAP and the Mess.
^^^ Check it out for a good read!
Old 10-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 36

Pre-season Power Rankings

The Cupcakes

30. Passers

While the whole entire East improved, the Passers lost their leading scorer in Greg Paul to the 'Pack. Their guards are solid in Lacey and Spaulding, and Sanderson was a fantastic rookie last year, but they have no production inside. Expect them to be in the Eastern Conference Cellar.

29. Tornados

Yes, this team made the playoffs last year. Yes, they have an all-star in Ray Mickens. That's basically it though. They lost a very good scorer in Derek Lenn, and Mickens has almost no help. Kevin Sanders was a big dissapointment last year. With the depth of the West, the Tornados don't look too good.

28. Shamrocks

This team was the worst team I had ever seen last year. No defense, No offense, and almost no wins. Then they signed Derek Lenn, and got a 7'3 monster in Taurence Massago in the first pick. Still, this team just isn't that good. Massago is a great shot blocker, but other than him their defense is terrible. There won't be too much luck this year, expect another lottery pick.

The Not-Quite-There Teams

27. Lions

They had an amazing run to get in the playoffs last year. But don't expect a repeat performance. They have 3 good scoring threats with Roads, Robertson, and Ortega. Their defense is miserable though, with teams scoring in the paint at will. No big men=No chance.

26. Buckeyes

This team is full of up-and-comers. Fitzy, Robinson, and Nicholez are talented young players who can fill up the stat sheet. They finally got a big man in the 7'0 Bronson, and a rookie point guard. They will score, score, score, and then give up 100 also. Should be fun to watch, but expect their to be a lot of check marks in the loss column.

25. Hornets

Brandon Kidd and Chris Martin are dynamic scorer. Heck, Kidd can play every single position on the court, and Martin can hit from almost every spot on the court. But look past them, and you'll see a lot of weaknesses. Their biggest challenge; replacing the gap 7'6 Caleb Ray has left in the middle.

24. Tigers

It all comes down to the rookie PG Neil Stevenson. He has plenty of scorers in Lloyd, Bennett, and Gonzalez. He needs to keep them all happy, and try and run an offense. Tough task. And even bigger task; winning without an inside presence.

23. Airplanes

The 'Planes are getting at an altitude they've never been at before. They are the laughing stock of the league, but are talented this year. They got a fantastic duo in the paint, Azevedo and Shimokawa. And now a run and gun point guard in Darryl Ebi. Still though, their big men are undersized, and they don't have enough talent at the wings. This plane could go high this year, but we're expecting a crash.

The Outside Teams Looking In

22. Airballs

The run and gun '40 minutes of hell' experiment will be attempted this year with the Airballs. They don't have enough talent, to be a playoff team, so they hope they can make up for it with hustle. Pressing all game and running until the clock hits zero is a cool idea, but you still need some scorers to win.

21. Thunder

What an offseason for the Thunder. With the No.2 pick they traded for D.J. Reid, a powerhouse inside. They now have 2 players who can fill the stat sheet, Reid and Atkins, and some up-and-comers. Soto had a decent rookie year, but they need more from him this year if they want to be more competitive. Witherspoon is a decent point guard, and Rickey can't do much else other than shoot. The Thunder could make a splash in the West, but don't expect them to be there in late March.

20. Chambers

They've made the playoffs the last 5 years, but this year seems it will be different. This team is stuck in deciding if they want to be a contender or in a rebuilding stage. The Chambers are decent, but not enough to be a contender, but good enough to make the playoffs so they refuse to rebuild. Stefanov and Forte look to be future stars, but this team is getting old. Should be dissapointment in store, for the Chambers.

19. Bearpack

A brilliant free agency means the Pack are in business. Picking up vets Paul and Tracy will help this team tremendously. Still to crack the Western playoffs, you need a good point guard and a good center. This team has neither, with a rookie center and 2nd year PG.

18. Dogs

Last year, the big man in the middle, Wesley Lue was suppose to provide a dominant inside game for the Dogs. He didn't do so, and the Dogs still lived by their motto, 'Make 3's or Die'. Any team that lives by that motto can win and lose every game. Unless they get Lue some more touches, they are too risky of a team.

17. Robbers

In my opinion, one of the most talented teams in the league. However, talent doesn't give you wins. The Robbers can run, hit 3s, and have a very good inside game. So how do they lose games? Some claim this team doesn't try during the little games and only show up in the big games. In this league, that doesn't work out too good. The loss of Joey Sapp pushes this team out of championship contention.

16. Evergreens

Manny Hazle finally has help. Another guard who can put up points, and an freakishly athletic swingman. Sapp and Moss can help this team win, but the Evergreens have no help from their bigs. They need the high school rookie Lonny Forrester to produce right away, or they can kiss their playoff hopes good-bye.

The Playoff-Worthy Teams

15. Knights

A team that oozes with potential. Two young big men that will provide problems for any team, in Foote and Russell. Two guards that can hold their own, and the supposed sensational rookie Tyrone Samuel, out of LSU. They look like they could be a suprise team this year on paper, but paper doesn't mean much in this league. This team can be a hit or a miss. Our guess is a hit.

14. Venom

After missing the playoffs last year the Venom made some changes. The big one; the head coaching job. The league's greatest player ever Stitch Appleman will take over. He promises to give Hemlock more touches and play inside-out. This team isn't the greatest but with Hemlock, I think they'll hold their own against the elite.

13. Eagles

Ray Rice alone, will get you in the playoff group. But with pass-first point guard J.R. Stewart and some very good young guards in Rivers and Puckett this team has a shot at going all the way. Still we don't think they'll pull off a deep run due to the fact they having a glaring weakness in the big man department.

12. Wildcats

Jason Finch has lead this team from worst team to playoff team in one year. He posted a historic rookie season and won ROY. Who knows what he'll do in his encore. He has better players around him this year, in Jerry Blake, Jerrah Fizer, and rookie Lawrence Nash. And don't forget about their leading scorer last year Alexander Micha. This team isn't in the elite category, but can certainly compete with the best.

11. Alligators

With a duo of Walt Jarvis and J.J. Ramirez this team shouldn't be this high, right? Not so fast, Ramirez is getting up there in age, and even with Jarvis dominating last year they had an early exit in the playoffs. The bottom line is this team will make the playoffs, but not go very far in it.

10. Cliffs

Okay, so Buckley and Willie Straws can put a lot of points on the board. They still have no post game. The addition of Jamison is very welcome, but he can't do jack on the offensive end. This team did well last year, and should do well this year, but teams will be able to pick them apart inside. How can they hope to compete with the titans of the West with nobody who can stop Brady, Townes, and the Yellow Jacket's towers?

The Dark Horses

9. Dynamite

Stevie Johnson guarantees playoffs this year. He is maybe the most talented player in the league, and never produces. If this team can't make the playoffs this year, everyone in the organization should be fired. With a lightning quick PG in D.C. Lite, and a 6'11 Peter Barrett who can stretch the defense with his sweet stroke, they are among the West's best teams. Add if the two rookie big men Stanley Clarke and Robert Copeland do good, this could be a special season.

8. Death

Hype surrounded this team last year. They were suppose to be great. Yet, they didn't even make the playoffs. Throw last year out the window. They lost Jerry Blake, but now have Chandler Lue for a whole entire year. Do-it-all PG Omar Bell vows to perform better this year. To be a top team in the West though, they need Jamar Call to become an all-star caliber player.

The Elite

7. Americans

Any team with Louis Brady is an elite team, in my mind. He has the best post game I've ever seen. Abdul, Manu, and Houston are just icing on the cake. This team is a great team, but can't get it right in the playoffs. 3 straight years of losing in the first round. Can they finally right the ship this year with a deep playoff run?

6. Spirit

Two straight years with the best record in the league, two straight playoff failures. The Spirit have an amazing point guard in St. John and a defensive powerhouse in Zion. The key this year is 3rd year man Edwin Claudino. The 6'10 power forward has a killer jump shot, but they need him to be better defensively if they want to bring home the finals.

5. Comets

Last years runner-up looks to one up last year's performance. With the 7'3 monster Javier and Deisel bullying teams inside, they are a force to be reckoned with. Jacques is a fantastic scorer, but with Sings getting up there in age, and questions about how good Detrick is, we don't see them as a team as the same quality of the Yellow Jackets.

The Championship Contenders

4. Ice

The run and gun style of play is back! Phloris, Wayne, and Glarten will fastbreak it and gun it every oppurtunity they have. And boy are they good at it. The Ice's biggest strength though is the solid defense and rebounding of Williams and Bolton. These guys shut down big men and out rebound other teams all day. Still the Ice's perimeter defense is shaky and the run and gun style is always risky, and the reason they won't be cracking the top 3.

3. Snakes

Marques Townes, Mr. Fundamental, is back for another crack at the Finals. Townes is an automatic 20 and 10, and he has plenty of talent around him. Gardner is possibly the best 3 point shooter in the league, and Jennings is a shut down defender. The question mark is Julian Black though. Is he good enough at point to lead them past the Jackets and into the Finals? We don't think so.

2. Badgers

Dee Bogger is the best player in the league. No doubt about that. He can single handedly win games. Around him, he has his twin towers, Hughes and Hanson. They dominate on defense and the glass. Wilkinson is the best defending guard in the league, and a solid offensive threat. These guys are good, but we're not sure if Bogger has a good enough supporting cast to lift this year's trophy.

The Defending Champs

1. Yellow Jackets

They are the defending champs. They are the team to beat. Simple as that.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #35
MVP

Hey guys hope you like it so far. Those ratings on the first page are not official, just kind of a guideline. I do ratings by just doing one attribute at a time. I think overalls are kind of a lie some time. For example, a guy like Dre Ramos in my league is 5'9. He might be a 85 because he is so talented but he's still 5'9. He will most likely play like a 75. Caleb Ray a 7'6 center might be 77. He is as good as 90, but overalls don't incorporate height.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #36
MVP

Quick Guide about Players. Top 5 in each category

Top Scorers
1. Dee Bogger
2. Ray Rice
3. Walt Jarvis
4. Ray Mickens
5. Brendan Hemlock

Top Passers
1. Arthur St. John
2. Marc Phloris
3. Chris Sings
4. J.R. Stewart
5. Darryl Ebi

Top Rebounders
1. Jose Javier
2. Cato Yen
3. Caleb Ray
4. Marques Townes
5. Brendan Hemlock

Top Post Men
1. Louis Brady
2. Marques Townes
3. Brendan Hemlock
4. Gifford Dudley
5. Ryan Moore

Top Post Defenders
1. J.J. Ramirez
2. Brendan Hemlock
3. Marques Townes
4. Cato Yen
5. Jose Javier

Top 3 point shooters
1. Isaac Glarten
2. Shawn Bradley
3. Deion Gardner
4. Trey Porter
5. Allen McNamara

Top Stealers
1. Dru Romeo
2. Arthur St. John
3. Darryl Ebi
4. Manny Hazle
5. D.C. Lite

Top Free Throw Shooters
1. Isaac Glarten
2. Dee Bogger
3. Shawn Bradley
4. Willie Straws
5. Benjamin Jeter

Top On-Ball Defenders
1. Simplice Mbaha a Moute
2. Ray Rice
3. Reggie Jennings
4. Jason Finch
5. Lewis Wilkinson

Top Blockers
1. Cato Yen
2. Jose Javier
3. Marques Townes
4. J.J. Ramirez
5. Jason Finch

Fastest
1. Reggie Jennings
2. D.C. Lite
3. Darryl Ebi
4. Tony 'Speedy' Marquise
5. Marc Phloris

Top Dunkers
1. Ray Rice
2. Stevie Johnson
3. Dee Bogger
4. Jason Finch
5. Tyrone Samuel

more comin up soon...cant wait for this game. it looks amazing!
Old 10-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #37
MVP

Statistical Predictions

Predictions based off statistics and a computer. Like the BCS, but it is only for predictions not for rankings or anything like that. Theres some crazy predictions here.

1. Comets
2. Shamrocks
3. Venom
4. Ice
5. Spirit
6. Chambers
7. Badgers
8. Wildcats
--------------
9. Passers
10. Hornets
11. Dogs
12. Lions
13. Knights
14. Airballs
15. Tigers

1. Robbers
2. Alligators
3. Snakes
4. Thunder
5. Americans
6. Eagles
7. Tornados
8. Death
---------------
9. Bearpack
10. Evergreens
11. Yellow Jackets
12. Dynamite
13. Cliffs
14. Airplanes
15. Buckeyes

Championship: Robbers over Comets

Crazy predictions from this:

-Yellow Jackets will not make the playoffs. Would be the first defending champ ever to not make the playoffs the following year.

-Shamrocks will come in 2nd in the East after finishing with league's worst record. Would be one of the greatest turn around in sports history.

- Robbers will win it all after being the 8 seed last year.

- There will be 2 new playoff teams in the East and 3 new playoff teams in the West.

- The West is slightly better than the East this year.

We'll check these predictions and ours after the season is over and check what was right and what was wrong.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #38
MVP

Quick Facts

1. There are two pairs of brothers in the league. Wesley Lue of the Dogs and Chandler Lue of the Death are brothers. Also, Tayshaun and Brandan Kidd are brothers. They both suit up for the Hornets.

2. There were 3 trades at the trade deadline last year. Here they are:

Airballs: Recieve Lamar Jahnke and 1st round pick

Death: Recieve Chandler Lue
------------------------
Robbers: Recieve Gifford Dudley

Bearpack: Recieve: 1st round pick
----------------------------------------
Eagles: Recieve J.R. Stewart, Jamie Hellenga

Thunder: Recieve Alan Witherspoon, 1st round pick
-------------------------

3. The Eagles and Knights both have 5 championships, and the Venom and Badgers both have 4 championships. They are all competing for the race to 6.

4. Walt Jarvis set the all-time single game scoring record against the Cliffs in a playoff game. He scored 73 points.

5. Stitch Appleman is the all time leader in points. He has scored 21,633 points in his career. (Remember they play 58 games a year) His average was 28.6 ppg over 13 years. Dee Bogger has scored 19,273 in his career. His average is 30.2 ppg over 11 years. To pass Appleman in the next 2 years he will need to average 20.3 ppg.

6. Former #1 draft picks currently in the league are Taurence Massago, Jason Finch, Ray Mickens, Arthur St. John, Rodney Houston, Ryan Moore, Joey Sapp, Shawn Massey, Jamar Call, D.J. Reid, Dee Bogger, and Kleon Tracy. (This is in order). The rest are either retired or out of the league. The only bust was Shawm Massey.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. And if you havent yet check out the trailers for NCAA Bball 10. I think it might win SGOTY.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 8

hey ray NCCA Basketball looks great right now doesnt it?

Old 10-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe360x
hey ray NCCA Basketball looks great right now doesnt it?
Amazing IMO. I love Gus Johnson, college basketball, NBA live, and their new offensive system. And we only have got a little information. My league will be sweeeeet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »