Home

Superstar: The Hakeem Redd Story

This is a discussion on Superstar: The Hakeem Redd Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
Rookie

Info

Name: Hakeem Redd
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 221
Hometown: Orlando, Florida
College: University of Central Florida
Jersey: 2

Bio
Born June 27, 1990 in Orlando, Florida, Hakeem Redd was viewed as a prodigy. The future of basketball. He was billed as the next Lebron, maybe better. Hakeem was the youngest of two children from Morris and Shante Redd. He had an older sister, Nia, who was 22. It was almost as if he were the older sibling most times, as he looked after her and protected her as a big brother would.

Hakeem was always picked on in elementary school, because he kept telling anyone who would listen, "I'm going to be better than Michael Jordan." To his peers, this was like saying he could create life better than God. In middle school, he was laughed at because he changed his story to, "I'm going to be better than Kobe." It wasn't until he reached high school, and proclaimed that one day he would be as good as Lebron, that people began to take him seriously.

Talented on the court, and intelligent off of it, Hakeem kept working to perfect his craft. He would stay in the gym late into the evening, making sure everything was perfect. Making sure he followed through on his unique jump shot, making sure he made 300 free throws each day. He was a perfectionist. After a stellar senior year at St. Joseph Acadamey, he was offered a scholarship to the University of Central Florida, in his hometown of Orlando.

Everyone knew he was going to be one and done in the NCAA, and that he was. In his lone freshman year, he put up solid numbers. He held averages of 19.3 ppg, 6.4 apg, and 5.9 rpg. He was looking like a lottery pick. That is until 3 bags of marijuana were discovered in his locker near the end of the season. Citing character issues, Hakeem's stock fell rapidly from top 5 pick, to mid to late 2nd round. That is where we'll pick up Hakeem's story. The story of a young man who strived to achieve the elite status of NBA Superstar.

Last edited by showtime904; 10-02-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #3
Rookie

"I'm going to make a lot of people eat their words when it's time. Don't be my friend later. If you hate me now, hate me later. I don't mind."

Those were the words of Orlando Magic shooting guard Vince Carter. Hakeem had those words playing over and over in his mind. He had always had doubters, even though he possessed exceptional skill at the shooting guard position. He woke up on this June 5th, 2009, with the intention of shining. He was invited to the 2009 NBA Draft Combine at the Attack Athletics Facility in Chicago. He got an email that morning from NBA Commissioner David Stern.

From the Desk of David Stern, NBA Commissioner
Congratulations to all NBA hopefuls. I know you're all excited to have an opportunity to prove you have what it takes to play professional basketball on the biggest stage of them all, the National Basketball Association. The road will be a long one, but it will no doubt be interesting for you all. Those of you who have received this email have been invited to the 2009 NBA Draft Combine, being held this June 10th at the Attack Athletics Facility in Chicago. You will have 6 games to prove yourself, improve your draft stock, and fine tune your skills. Good luck, and congratulations."

After Hakeem announced the news to his family, he began to pack his bags. This is my chance to get back on track. Hakeem got excited at the thought. After the drop of his draft stock, he sought to redeem himself. He knew his talent could help him overcome his mistakes of college. The days passed, and June 10th was on the horizon. He caught his flight the day before, and arrived in Chicago on the evening of the 9th.
He stepped off the plane and took in the air. It was cooler than it was in Orlando, where the temperatures always seemed to be in the 90s. Here, it was more of a 70-75. As he walked into the airport he felt alone for the first time in his life. No parents, no Nia, no teammates, coaches, or friends from college. This was his chance to gain some momentum in his journey.....
Old 10-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Make Yourself at Home.

Hakeem arrived at the Four Seasons Hotel in downtown Chicago late that night. He only had two bags, not anticipating being in Chicago for too long. As he approached the check in desk, he noticed the girl working behind the counter. She was an attractive latin girl, who looked to be about his age. He sat his bags down, and began to talk. "I have a reservation, should be under the last name Redd." She looked at him in an odd way, he was a young black male with dreads and a tattoo on his right arm. After she looked him over, she replied, "You have a reservation here?"
Hakeem wasn't offended. He had grown to expect that reaction from people. He had come from a good home, but the appearance he chose to keep up led people who didn't know him to think of him as nothing more than a thug. "Do that surprise you?" he asked her with a smile. She just shook her head, and looked him up in the computer. She found his name fairly quickly, and handed him his key. "Room 112, enjoy your stay," she said. She had an accent, a very sexy one at that. "Where you from?" he asked her. She stared blankly at him for a second, before replying, "Brazil." "Hmm," he said. "Aight, thanks," and he went to his room.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Rookie

Re: Superstar: The Hakeem Redd Story

First Things First.......

The day had arrived. June 10th. Day one of the draft combine. Hakeem arrived at the Attack Athletic Facility at 10am, ready for his first game. His first chance at proving his worth. He was viewed as a star that had fallen. He was ready to correct that. As he checked in at the desk, he couldn't help but think about the beautiful Brazilian girl he met at the hotel. He never did get her name......
The facility was crowded with other players, scouts, referees, and spectators. There were more people here than he expected. He wasn't nervous, though. He fed off of people watching him play. Basketball was like his easel. He loved to create masterpieces on the court. He laced up his Nike Hyperizers, and put on his jersey, with his signature number 2 on it. He was ready for the draft combine. But was the draft combine ready for him?
There was no flashy intro, no roar from adoring fans who knew his name, no superstardom involved in this game. This was pure basketball. And while he enjoyed the limelight, he loved this. The ref checked everyone to make sure the dress code was followed. He got to Hakeem, and paused. "No weed on you, is there? I'm a fan, but I know your story. This is the real deal out here." Hakeem flashed his trademark smile, and replied: "I'm bout to show you. I'm bona fide." The ref gave him a blank look, and walked to the circle at center court for the jump ball. This was it. It was time for Hakeem to prove he was who he said he was.

Last edited by showtime904; 10-04-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Old 10-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #7
Rookie

Nice to Meet You. Again.....

I know they gonna love that, Hakeem thought to himself as he walked off the court. His team came away with a 51-44 victory in the first game of the 2009 Draft Combine. He had an impressive stat line for the game as well. In his first showing, he recorded 22 points, 14 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals. Not bad for a 19 year old kid. He was headed toward the locker room when someone caught his eye: It was the Brazilian girl from the hotel. She was in the stands, watching the game the whole time. She saw him look in her direction, and she got up to leave. He was curious, so he did what any curious person would have done. He followed her.

"Ay, hold up!" Hakeem called out to her as she walked out into the parking lot. "Where you goin?" She stopped and turned around. "Home," she said, "where you thought I was goin?" He jogged up to her, thinking to his self his legs were going to give out on him. "I don't know, you seem like you in a rush." She again looked at him sideways, just as she had done at the hotel the night before. "Who you supposed to be anyway?" she asked him. "Come on shawty, you don't know who I am?" he said with a smile. She continued to look at him funny, she wasn't amused. "I'm Hakeem," he said. "And you are?"

"Kamil," she replied. "Kamil.....thats a nice name," Hakeem responded. "So what brings you out here?" She looked away, as if she were in thought. "My brother was supposed to be playing tonight," she said. "Oh, whats his name? Did I score on him or somethin?" he asked, jokingly. Her facial expression was a reflection of sadness. "No," she said, "he didn't make it." Again, being curious, he asked, "What happened?" As soon as she opened her mouth to begin speaking, he had a bad feeling. "He made some mistakes.....he's on the run."

She explained to him that her brother, Karlos, was once a talented basketball player. But the family business came calling. Her father was a South American drug lord, who chose his business over his family. She and Karlos had lived with their mother in America after her father became consumed with the life of the underworld. But once Karlos turned 18, he received a phone call from their father. At first he was reluctant, but he sought the approval of his father, so he became involved in a cocaine ring in Chicago. Once the FBI identified Karlos as the son of Jose Armondo Escobar, he became an enemy of the state. His demeanor and personality changed, just before the last time Kamil saw her brother. He had become cold, like his father.

To be continued....
Old 10-04-2009, 11:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Superstar: The Hakeem Redd Story

good start so far..................

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »