Home

Warriors: Done playing.

This is a discussion on Warriors: Done playing. within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 04:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Warriors: Done playing.

Hello this is going to be my first dynasty, and post for that matter, so please bare with me and try to enjoy. Don't forget to tell me what you think and feel free to give any suggestions to the thread or dynasty.

I have played 3 games and have become comfortable with my team. I will post the scores and few other things from those games. After this initial post i will be updating with new stories all the time. I hope you guys like my first posted dynasty. Enjoy.

Game: NBA 2K10
System: XBOX 360

INTRODUCTION

Warriors: Done Playing
The Warriors franchise has been one that's struggled for many years. Things started to get better for the team after they brought in some young talent to compliment the aging players, but timing was wrong and the chemisty completely fell apart. What seemed to be the Warriors entering a era of fantastic basketball turned quickly into drought and the Warriors were still incomplete. The franchise has recently been taken over by a new GM: M. Kush.

M. Kush, in a recent interview, stated, "We have a great team with a lot of young talent. (Monta) Ellis is likely to become one of the best guards in the game if we could just get the right team around him."

Kush was obviously hinting at making a lot of changes and trying to focus the main part of his offense around Monta Ellis.

Warriors' head coach, Don Nelson, is well known for his run and gun style of play as well as creating certain mismatches on the court. He likes to use a lot of players who can jump into multiple positions and continue to be useful in whatever situation they find themselves in.

CURRENT ROSTER

I will go into detail on how it got this way soon.

STARTERS

(PG) Leandro Barbosa - Leandro plays a very fast-paced game and can get down the court very quickly. He has a decent mid-range shot and can stroke in from the three-point line. He stands a bit taller than most point guards and it has helped tremendously in creating shots for him. The only I have about him in this position is his lack of passing skill. Hopefully it will be something we can work on to limit his turnovers.

(SG) Monta Ellis - Ellis is an excellent finisher and with this team shaped up the way it is that is exactly what they need at the shooting guard position. Monta is a little short but makes up for it with his excellent fast break abilities. Being at the 2-guard has opened his game up and I think he will develop into the all-star he was meant to be when he entered the league.

(SF) Ronnie Brewer - Ronnie is a rare breed of basketball player. He has a decent mid-range jumper that can be very helpful in half-court play, but what really stands out in his game is his ability to disrupt the opposing teams offense as well as run the court to perform a beautiful finish at the basket. Ronnie has amazing dunking skills can fly with the best of them and that is why he won the starting position. Brewer could be replaced by Richardson in the starting lineup if things don't work out correctly.

(PF) LaMarcus Aldridge - Aldridge fits in perfectly with this style of offense. He's fast enough to run the court and has a jumper that most his size can't handle. Aldridge rebounds like a beast and I expect he and Monta will be a perfect one-two punch for the offense.

(C) Andris Biedrins - At center we have Andris Biedrins, a rebound expert. Andris' main focus will be creating second chances for our offense and outrebounding the opponent on the other side of the court. Andris will be our player who averages points by doing the dirty work. I look forward to seeing how he works with the team as it is now.

RESERVES

(SG/SF) Jason Richardson - Expected to be our back seat scorer.
(SF/PF) Anthony Randolph - Has yet to prove himself, but has excellent rebounding and fast break abilities.
(SG/SF) Kelenna Azubuike - Great shooter.
(C/PF) Channing Frye - Good shooting big man. Can distract middle defenders.
(PF) Mikki Moore
(PG) Ronnie Price
(SF) Devean George

WARRIORS NEWS

Since the start of the season.

10/27 FRYE SENT TO WARRIORS; SUNS GET WRIGHT: The Warriors, looking to finish rebuilding their team, has made several trades today, this one included. In this deal the Warriors sent Brandan Wright to the Suns in exchange for Channing Frye and Taylor Griffin. Frye is expected to play as a shooting center for the fast-paced Warriors' offense.

10/27 UTAH TRADES BREWER TO WARRIORS FOR RONNY TURIAF: Another trade made by the Warriors today involved the Utah Jazz. The Jazz, hoping it translates into lottery, acquired the Warriors 2010 first round pick, Anthony Morrow, and Ronny Turiaf in exchange for Ronnie Brewer and Ronnie Price. The Warriors hope Brewer will perform well enough to uphold the pick they just traded away.

10/27 WARRIORS TRADE JAX TO TRAIL BLAZERS FOR ALDRIDGE: Stephen Jackson, a player who has been talking about trade for a while now, was traded along with C.J. Watson and a 2010 2nd round pick to the Blazers for LaMarcus Aldridge and a 2010 1st round pick. This has put the Warriors very close to the team they want to run with this season.

10/29 JASON RICHARDSON HEADED BACK TO GOLDEN STATE FOLLOWING MULTI-PLAYER DEAL: Kush told reporters today that this would be the last trade on his agenda and most would agree that the Warriors came out fairly ahead in this one, however they did lose a future great by completing the deal. The Warriors dealt aging Corey Maggette, Speedy Claxton, and up and coming Stephen Curry to the Suns in exchange for Jason Richardson and Leandro Barbosa. Time will tell whether this was a good trade for either team.

RECORD

(3-0)

PAST 3 GAMES

1. 10/28 -

WARRIORS - 86

@

ROCKETS - 81

1. 15 - 14
2. 27 - 22
3. 21 - 20
4. 23 - 25

2. 10/30 -