Home

The Rise of a Coaching Legend (CHOOPS 2k8)

This is a discussion on The Rise of a Coaching Legend (CHOOPS 2k8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The Rise of a Coaching Legend (CHOOPS 2k8)

October 1, 2007
It appears as if the Texas State University athletic department has finally found its new head coach. Chris Miles will be introduced as the leader of the men's basketball team this afternoon. Miles will become the youngest head coach in the NCAA at the age of 25, but is used to being the youngest guy in the room. Growing up, Miles was always younger than his classmates and graduated from high school 2 weeks before his 17th birthday. Miles played at Otero Junior College in Colorado for two years, and then transferred to Northern Colorado University to finish his eligibility. Not yet 21 years old, Miles stayed as NCU as a graduate assistant for two years. He helped recruit and worked with the teams guards and assisted the incoming players adjust to the life of a student-athlete. He then joined the Colorado State University coaching staff, where he has been for the past 2 seasons.

Texas State athletic director is ecstatic about the hiring, saying how Miles' basketball IQ blew him away in the interview, and that he has never seen a young man with as much intelligence, charisma, and willingness to prepare. If the athletic director is correct, great things could be in store for the Bobcats.

Dynasty Info:
Rosters: RubenDouglas (WallyWonka) 2007-08 Roster
Sliders: AuburnAlumni's All-American Sliders
Any images or videos used here are property of their respective owners. No invasion of privacy or ownership claims are being made. This dynasty is a simulation using 2kSports' College Hoops 2k8 video game. Any result or storyline is purely fictional.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Rise of a Coaching Legend (CHOOPS 2k8)

Looking forward to the read. I have played with Texas State in the past and loved my time there so much I stayed 10 years building them into a basketball powerhouse taking on Texas, Texas Tech and Texas A&M every year for top dog in the state. Pulling down 5* recruits.

Good luck.

By the way being how you are just starting you should consider copying and pasting your post on 2k forums site as well. I post my current legacy over there (Coach Young) and there is a great group of guys still posting there.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #3
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Looking forward to this one as well. I, too, started a Closed Legacy at Texas State when I first got this game. I spent two seasons there and foolishly left for Kent State. I wish I had saved my dynasty before deciding to leave because I lost ALL interest in the dynasty at Kent State and wished I could have gone back to Texas State. Brandon Bush is going to be a beast for you, but I'm sure you'll find that out very soon.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
All Star

doncoryell's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
By the way being how you are just starting you should consider copying and pasting your post on 2k forums site as well. I post my current legacy over there (Coach Young) and there is a great group of guys still posting there.
I just had to re-up over at www.2ksports.com and it shows that nothing has been posted in over a year. Was I at the wrong site?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncoryell
I just had to re-up over at www.2ksports.com and it shows that nothing has been posted in over a year. Was I at the wrong site?
The legacy threads are there go into the College Basketball thread then there is a sub thread for legacies.. The one they have marked Franchise Central or something like that doesn't get used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 01:30 AM   #6
Rookie

As I posted in another thread, I am away from my xbox for a few days so this won't be starting up for a couple days. In response to the 2k thing, I tried to sign up a couple days ago and it wouldn't allow me too.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #7
Rookie

2007-2008 Texas State Bobcats Season Preview!

Roster:
Corey Jefferson - #11
Corey is a 6-0 175 junior point guard. Played at Carrollton High School in Carrollton, Texas. Rated 65 overall.

Brandon Bush - #3
Brandon is a junior shooting guard, standing 6-7 and 185 pounds. Resides in College Station, Texas. Rated 70 overall.

Cameron Johnson - #33
A 6-7 210 pound freshman from Houston, Cameron has impressed in fall practice and has earned a spot in the starting five. Rated 62 overall.

Chris Agwumaro - #1
A senior from Houston, Chris has been asked to play power forward this season. At 6-6 and 200 pounds, he will need to rely on brains over brawn to matchup against bigger opponents. Rated 61 overall.

Jonathan Sloan - #30
Another freshman to make a good first impression, Jonathan will start as the Bobcats' center. At 6-8 and 230 pounds, he will have to add muscle to compete down low. Resides in El Paso, Texas. 59 overall.

Brent Holder - #23
A dynamic shooter, the 6-5 205 pound senior shooting guard will be the team's sixth man. From Montgomery, Alabama. 62 overall.

Ryan White - #32
The Bobcat point guard of the future, Ryan will play a prominent role coming off of the bench in his freshman season. The El Paso native stands 5-11, 170 pounds. Rated 61 overall.

Brandon Thomas - #5
The 6-3 209 pound senior will be the third guard off the bench this season. Played high school ball in Fort Worth, Texas. Rated 61 overall.

John Rybak - #34
Rybak is a 6-5 205 pound small forward. Will be sitting out this season as a transfer from Akron. Resides in Madison, Wisconsin. 60 overall.

Dylan Moseley - #45
The 6-6 215 pound junior from San Antonio could see time both in the backcourt and frontcourt. Versatility is his greatest strength. Rated 60 overall.

Ty Gough - #24
The freshman boasts the largest presence on the team at 6-10 and 255 pounds, and will be the first big man off of the bench. Lives in Irving, Texas. Rated 59 overall.

Matt Fullenwider - #2
A 6-7 220 pound senior, Matt will play a reserve power forward role. Resides in Longview, Texas. Rated 54 overall.

2007-2008 Schedule
Tournament Game
Conference Game
11-16 at Colgate
11-21 at UT-Pan American
11-29 at Prairie View
12-5 vs. Rice
12-8 at Texas A&M
12-15 at Texas
12-18 vs. Kennesaw State
12-30 at Southern Methodist
1-5 vs. Texas Southern
1-10 at Northwestern State
1-12 at Central Arkansas
1-17 vs SE Louisiana
1-19 vs Nicholls State
1-24 vs Texas A&M (Corpus Christi)
1-26 at UTSA
1-30 at Stephen F. Austin
2-2 vs Sam Houston State
2-9 at UT-Arlington
2-13 at McNeese State
2-16 vs Lamar
2-21 at Texas A&M (Corpus Christi)
2-23 vs UTSA
2-27 vs Stephen F. Austin
3-1 at Sam Houston State
3-8 vs UT-Arlington

Meet the Coach: Chris Miles
Career Record: 0-0
Previous Experience: None
Attributes:
Overall: C
Offense: C
Defense: C-
Teaching: C
Scouting: C-
Charisma: C+
Discipline: C
Old 12-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Bobcats routed in opener, play Kennesaw St. in consolation
The Colgate Raiders are not a basketball powerhouse. That just made last nights' result that much more surprising. In what was predicted to be a very close game, the Raiders ran away from the Bobcats of Texas State, beating them by a score of 94-55. Chris Miles, making his coaching debut, couldn't have envinsioned a worse start to his career. "It was awful. We were awful, embarrassing. We played sloppy. I don't even know what to say, that game was the worst I have ever seen." It was not without one bright spot for the Bobcats, as Brandon Bush established himself as the star of the team, scoring 19 points. No other Bobcat had more than 7. The Bobcats shot 38 percent from the floor, were outrebound by 16, and commited 26 fouls. For Colgate, Alex Woodhouse led the way with 20 points and 12 rebounds.
The game was not without controversy however, as Coach Miles took a few shots at the Colgate coach in his post-game press conference. "I thought it was terrible for their guys to be shooting the amount of three pointers they did in the last few minutes. I felt terrible for the five players of mine on that court. They were already being kicked in the mouths, and then to be running up the count like that, inexcusable. Just a complete lack of class from their bench on that one." Emmett Davis, coach of Colgate, had little to say. "What is done is done. We scored more points and won the game. Let's talk about tomorrow."

The Bobcats will play in the consolation game of the 100 Classic vs the host Kennesaw State. Colgate will match up with Jacksonville State in the championship game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »