Home

Rip City: Blazers Association (NBA 2K10)

This is a discussion on Rip City: Blazers Association (NBA 2K10) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2010, 02:06 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Rip City: Blazers Association (NBA 2K10)

Oden to Kings is final
Blazers and Kings swap 21-year-old centers

The Greg Oden era in Portland was a quick one.

The night before the first game, Oden was dealt to the Sacramento Kings for Spencer Hawes. Sacramento will also send a second-round draft pick.

The Blazers will enter the 2009-10 season with a completely new frontcourt. Two weeks ago, the Blazers sent LaMarcus Aldridge to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kevin Love.

Portland's new lineup:

PG: Blake/Miller/Bayless
SG: Roy/Fernandez
SF: Webster/Outlaw/Batum
PF: Love/Outlaw
C: Hawes/Przybilla

"This is a business and the last two weeks have shown people that," said captain Brandon Roy, who seemed surprised that his team was shopping Oden around. "I like both players [Love and Hawes] and believe that they will gel with what we've got going here. Time will tell how these deals work out, but to be honest, it's hard to see two of my close buddies move on."

Rumors have circulated that Roy was hurt that Portland dealt Aldridge to Minnesota. Aldridge and Roy are best friends.

A West scout said the Blazers have beefed up their frontline with Love, but this certain scout does not understand the Oden move. As far as the rumors about Roy being hurt? "If they win, the hurt will go away. I think in the end, these moves might make Portland better - but only because of the Love deal."

"Spencer Hawes? I like the kid enough, he's a good enough player, but I don't find the logic here," the scout said, speaking on anonymity. "Oden has battled injuries but he could end up being dominant."

"I do like the Love trade, though. He gives them a rebounder and a bit more of an inside presence. Sure, he's a finesse player but if I was Portland, I would have grown tired of LaMarcus Aldridge and his unfulfilled potential, too. He didn't play big for them and he disappeared in big games."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »