Home

~#$%&~The Coaching Career of Drew Clark~#$%&~

This is a discussion on ~#$%&~The Coaching Career of Drew Clark~#$%&~ within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: ~#$%&~The Coaching Career of Drew Clark~#$%&~

O'Reilly Autoparts CBE Classic

#14 Michigan State(2-0) vs. Missouri(2-1)

Game Preview
Missouri is looking to bounce back after being upset by Southern last week. It would really show people that that win by Southern was a fluke if Missouri can beat Michigan State. Missouri has made two changes in the starting lineup. J.T. Tiller and Tyler Stone will be replacing Marcus Denmon and Steve Moore. The Tigers are going to need to contain Kalin Lucas if they want to win.

Game Overview
Both teams came out strong defensively. Only 8 points scored in the first 4 minutes. With 6 minutes to go the score was 15 to 13 with Michigan State leading. The Tigers started forcing turnovers and getting easy layups as they go on a 11-0 run. Summers scored 5 straight points for MSU. They battled back and forth to end the first half. Tiller hit a long 2 to beat the buzzer to make it 31-28 Mizzou.

The Tigers came out strong in the second half. They were getting steals and going coast to coast and dunking it. They had great ball movement on fast breaks. The whole second half the Tigers were dominating the Spartans. Little 6'0 Michael Dixon grabbed 3 offensive rebounds. He was fresh legs and was owning the Spartans. They were up 60-46 with 3 minutes left. Could they hold their commanding lead? They gave up a 13 to 4 run. It was a 5 point game with 1 minute left. The Tigers ran down the clock to 33 seconds and did a pick and roll which resulted in a layup for Steve Moore. Lucas did hit a buzzer beater but it only made it a 3 point game. The Tigers upset the Spartans 64-61.

Team Stats
9/20 FTs
9 TOs
14 Fast Break Points
38 Points in the Paint

Player Stats
Lawrence Bowers- 13 Points 5 Rebounds
Tyler Stone- 10 Points 8 Rebounds
Marcus Denmon- 11 Points

Player of the Game- Tyler Stone

Coach's Comments- We came out on a mission and that was to win. We handled them easier than I thought. We got Roe in foul trouble early which kept him out most of the game which helped us. We had great balance on offense. They can't just focus on 1 player because if they do we will kick it out to the next. Great game. We will be playing Youngstown state in the finals.

Next Game- Youngstown State(3-0)(Upset UCLA and Maryland to get in the finals of the Classic)

It'll be greatly appreciated!!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #10
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I assume you simmed the Southern game like you said you were going to do and the computer rewarded you with a loss. That is sorta funny

What are you plans with this legacy. Do you plan to leave the Tigers after a couple years and use Clark as your coach at another school or is the plan for Caoch Anderson to stay retired?

Actually I decided to play the game and played like crap.

Yea I plan to stay at Missouri until a better job is offered. I might use a story about Anderson retiring or something. You will just have to wait and see.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #11
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

Any followers besides Deuce

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #12
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

Missouri Tigers

The Missouri Tigers will face Youngstown State in the Finals of the O'Reilly Auto Parts CBE Classic.

The Tigers coming off a huge win over Michigan State are hoping to keep playing like that, but Youngstown State had something to say about that. The Penguins came out on fire. They were breaking Missouri's press at will. They went into half leading 32-29.

The Tigers were not happy with how they played and they came out on a mission to dominate. Well they did not dominate at all means. It was back and forth all half until the last minute the Tigers switched to a zone press and went on a 5 to 0 run to tie it up. They got a stop on the defensive end and went down to have Kim English knock down a 18 footer at the buzzer.
Final Score Tigers 66 Penguins 64

Player Stats
Kim English- 17 Points 4 Rebounds
Lawrence Bowers- 11 Points
Steve Moore- 8 Points 7 Rebounds
Sr. Kelvin Bright- 11 Points 4 Rebounds

Player of the Game(POG)- Kim English

Fresh after their Tournament win, the Tigers traveled back to Missouri to face Western Illinois.

Even though it was their 3rd game in three days the Tigers came out tough from the start. Western Illinois had no chance at all. The Tigers press proved too much in the first half as the score was Tigers leading 50-34.

The second half was more even but the Tigers still won the half by 9. Everyone on the Tigers scored at least once. The Tigers dominated WIU in a warm-up for Arkansas. Final Score Tigers 94 Leathernecks 69

Player Stats
Kim English- 24 Points 3 Rebounds 3 Blocks
Zaire Taylor- 14 Points 9 Rebounds
Justin Stafford- 12 Points
Ceola Clark- 20 Points 5 Rebounds 3 Assists
Matt Lander-11 Points 2 Rebounds 6 Assists

POG- Kim English

The Tigers will travel to Fayetteville, Arkansas to face the 4-1 Razorbacks. These teams want to win this game so they can have bragging rights of the MidWest. The Razorbacks rebounding may prove too tough for the lack of size in Missouri's lineup.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #13
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

Tigers travel to Fayetteville to take on the Razorbacks

Both teams came out ready to play on the offensive end. There was 22 points scored in the first 2 minutes. Easy layups and dunks. It was back and forth for about 7 minutes, then the Tigers brought in Dixon for Bowers due to foul trouble and Dixon went off scoring 7 points in 2 min. At halftime, the score was 48-43. Dixon led all scorers with 10.

Once again it was all offense to start the half. The Tigers pulled out ahead by ten with 7 minutes left on a Bowers dunk. They controlled for most of the time. In the last timnutes they were up by twelve and started commiting stupid fouls and couldn't hit any shot. The Razorbacks were within four with 1:13 left in regulation. The Tigers milk the clock, then run a pick and roll to draw the defense inside and English kicks it back out to Tiller for a 3. They end up winning 83-79.

Team Stats
20 Assists
5 for 15 Free Throws(abysmal)
5 Turnovers
14 Forced Turnovers
25 Bench Points

Player Stats
Kim English- 14 Points 8 Assists 3 Rebounds 3 Steals
Zaire Taylor- 13 Points 2 Steals
J.T. Tiller- 12 Points 3 Assists
Tyler Stone- 10 Points 6 Rebounds
Michael Dixon and Marcus Denmon-10 Points each
Everyone scored but Ramsey(didnt even play)

POTG:Kim English

The Missouri Tigers will be traveling to the warm weather of California to face the #23 Cal Golden Bears,that are 4-0 and looking to knock off the hot Tigers.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #14
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

The Tigers are looking to knock Cal out of the Top 25 and move in.

Even though California are the Golden Bears, they will be facing the Missouri Tigers in their golden uniforms. It is the first game this season with them sporting them.

The Tigers came out running a half court offense. They were not pushing it at all. After getting down early they started pushing it but Cal was containing them. Missouri were leaving Cal open for threes and they were hitting them. Missouri were shooting 3s every time down the floor and missing so they had to start driving more. The first half belonged to the Bears. The Tigers were 4 from 11 beyond the arc. They could not grab the offensive boards like they usually do. Cal lead 39-28.

The Tigers came out in the second half just like the first, not ready to play. Down 13 with 7:01 left the Tigers needed to step it up. Cal started turning the ball over and fouling. The Tigers needed to make their free throws. Bowers made 1 on a 3pt play, English made his 2, and Taylor made one of his 2. It was a ten point game with 3 minutes 30 seconds left. They allow another layup. Then Tiller gets a steal and dunks it down. Bowers blocks Randall and goes coast to coast and dunks it and gets fouled. He completes the 3pt. play to make it a 7 point game. With 1:15 left the Tigers are down 6. They try and battle back but couldnt do it. Cal wins 83-77.

Team Stats
2 Turnovers
14 for 20 FTs
5 for 16 3pts.

Player Stats
Kim English- 21 Points 3 Rebounds 3-4 3pt.
J.T. Tiller- 23 Points 3 rebounds 8-12 FT
Zaire Taylor- 13 Points
Lawrence Bowers- 12 Points
Jerome Randle- 17 Points 11 Assists
Theo Robertson- 12 Points 4 Rebounds
Patrick Christopher- 14 Points 5 Rebounds

POG: Jerome Randle

Coach's Comments- We played hard for only about the last 10 minutes of the second half. I thought we were prepared to come in and play but apparently we weren't. Tiller and English stepped it up tonight to try and bring us back, but we put ourselves in too big of a hole.

Next Friday night Purdue will travel to Columbia to face the Missouri Tigers. Purdue is 5-1.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #15
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

Big 12 Recap of November
There were some standout teams in the Big 12. Of course Kansas and Texas are atop the Top 25 polls, but a surprise top 10 Big 12 team is the Oklahoma State Cowboys. They upset Marquette and #15 Duke in the Hawaiian Invitational. Here are a list of the tournaments Big 12 Teams won.

Cyclone Challenge-Iowa State
O'Reilly Auto Part CBE Classic-Missouri
Hawaiian Invitational-Oklahoma State
Legends Classic-Texas

Congrats to those teams and their schools for winning those respected tournaments.

Big 12 Leaders
Points- Austin Dufault 17.6
Rebounds- Damion James 10.3
Assists- Toby Veal 7.0
Steals- Avery Bradley 2.7
Blocks- Craig Brackins 2.1

Big 12 Injuries
BU-Tweety Carter- Bruised Sternum
CU-Casey Crawford- Pulled Groin
CU-Marcus Relphorde- Strained Achilles
ISU-Craig Brackins- Pulled Hamstring
ISU-Antwon Oliver- Broken Finger
KU-Cole Aldrich- Strained Calf
Neb-Alonzo Edwards- Pulled Groin
Neb-Ryan Anderson- Strained Achilles
OU-Steven Pledger- Pulled Groin
OSU-Karron Johnson- Bruised Hand
TAMU-Derrick Roland- Broken Finger
TTU-Nick Okorie- Dislocated Finger

Big 12 Standings
Oklahoma State 7-0
Kansas 7-1
Colorado 6-1
Texas 6-1
Missouri 6-2
Kansas State 4-2
Baylor 5-2
Oklahoma 7-3
Texas A&M 3-2
Iowa State 5-3
Texas Tech 6-3
Nebraska 0-6

Thank you for reading the Big 12 report. I will see you next month at the start of conference play.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Tough loss to Cal. I can understand why though Randle is a great player. He was just named Pac-10 POY in my legacy with WSU beating out Klay Thompson.

Keep a eye on your views. If it is going up then you know people are following. I find that not everyone likes to leave comments or post. It would be nice though if more people did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »