Home

~#$%&~The Coaching Career of Drew Clark~#$%&~

This is a discussion on ~#$%&~The Coaching Career of Drew Clark~#$%&~ within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:22 PM   #33
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: ~#$%&~The Coaching Career of Drew Clark~#$%&~

Jayhawks travel to Columbia to face Tigers
Both teams are pumped for this game. This is both teams biggest rivals. They are both ranked and would love to add this win to their resume.

Both teams came out battling like expected. The Jayhawks lead the whole first half. They kept trying to pull away, but the Tigers sharpshooting kept them in it. Aldrich was proving to be too much size that the Tigers could handle. He was doing anything he wanted while he was in the game. Can the Tigers stop him in the second half. The score at half time was Kansas 39 Missouri 32.

The Tigers came out with one goal and that was to attack the basket. They drew 4 fouls in the first 2 minutes. They ended up tying the score at 42. Then Kansas just threw it down to Aldrich and he put it in the basket. They could not seem to stop him. Taylor was the leading scorer at this point in the game got swatted by Aldrich and that seemed to scare the Tigers from attacking the basket. Then on the other end, Collins spotted up for a 3 and Bowers got a monster block on him. That lead to a fast break layup by Taylor. The score was now tied at 53 with 7:30 left in the game. The Tigers went on a 8-2 run to take a 6 point lead. The Jayhawks were making dumb decisions on offense which lead to fast break points for the Tigers. Kansas scored 5 straight points to tie it back up. The Tigers got a offensive putback by Taylor. On the other end of the court, Bowers blocked Taylor's shot and then missed a layup, but then blocked Aldrich's shot!!! Bowers was having a monster game on both ends of the court. With 2 minutes and 35 seconds left, the Tigers were up 2. It was a two on one break and there was a blocking foul on Henry which put Missouri in the bonus. Tiller made one and missed one. Then, Mizzou got another steal and Tiller dunked it down with authority to take a 5 point lead. Kansas takes a timeout with 2:35 left. Kansas got 2 steals and easy layup and then the Tigers threw the ball away. They were letting the Jayhawks get back into it as time windled down.

It was a 1 point game with 2 minutes left. Henry misses a wide open 3 and English goes down and hits one on the other end of the court to take a 4 point lead. Stone commits a stupid foul and send Collins to the line. He hits one of two. With 50 seconds left the Jayhawks are dribbling up the court down by 3. Collins passes it to Henry. He takes a shot and misses. Aldrich is there to get the rebound and puts it back with 38 seconds left. Kansas fouls intentionally to send Taylor to the charity stripe. He makes the first and misses the second. 2 point game with 28 seconds left, no shot clock. Kansas has the ball. Henry takes a shot with 7 seconds left and makes it. The game is tied with 6.8 seconds left. Missouri calls a timeout. Who are they going to give it to? They decide to give it to English to see if he can lead them to victory one more time. He crosses over Taylor, gets around Aldrich and dunks it down with 1 second left. Kansas does not have any more timeouts and can not get a shot off. Mizzou upsets KU 76-74.

Team Stats
35 Points in the Paint
10 Steals
7/15 3 pt. FG
15/20 FT
7 Turnovers
11 Forced Turnovers

Player Stats
Zaire Taylor 23 Points 2 Assists
Lawrence Bowers 13 Points 4 Rebounds 2 Steals 3 Blocks
Kim English 9 Points 4 Rebounds and had the game winning dunk.

Co-POTG: Kim English and Zaire Taylor

Coach's Comments- We came out knowing that Kansas was not going to be a cake walk. Taylor had a huge first half with 12 points. We could not stop Aldrich all night. We won because of our defense. Our defense, in my opinion is the best defense in the Big 12 by far. We knew exactly who we were going to give the ball to for our final possesion. Kim English once again comes up big. He is our team leader. Without him we would struggle greatly.

Next Game vs. #22 Texas Tech(12-5)

Author's note: I know this was a long read, but it was a great game. The best game I have ever took part in on Choops.

It'll be greatly appreciated!!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #34
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

OK, I gots a question. Do you guys want me to put in some of the other teams stats or continue to just put in mine? I know I did this early and stopped. What do you guys think?

Old 03-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #35
Rookie

Hogs15's Arena

OVR: 3

this is good. if u put up the top 25 polls and their games that would be nice
NCAA:Arkansas Razorbacks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I am a big believer in that more is better. But I always love ready legacies. I work really long days, so having more to read helps pass the time.

I see you are starting a closed legacy as well. Are you going to continue both?

I can tell you from experience its hard. I love my WSU legacy but then started my closed legacy and now have a hard time picking between the 2 when I want to play a game.

By the way check out the Fab 5 legacy with Coach Dodge at UC Davis I am inviting guys from the boards to create a propect/that I will post about and follow their college career as well as their careers in the NBA.

If you would like to create a guy for the upcoming year that would be great. I am starting on Tues. PM me if you want in. I need a name/height/pos/skin color and hair color/City and State where you want to be from. 3 positive attributes and 3 negative attributes. Most recruits come out a 4* rated Top-100 and I make you with A+ Potential so you will get drafted and hopefully start all 4 years in college.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #37
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

Yea I am going to do both leagacies. I know it will be tough, but I want to try it.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I saw your post for your player. Good to have you along for the ride...

Good luck with your posting.

I got some nice Big Ten Recruiting banners, signing day stuff, standing updates I use to use when I played at Iowa. I have them in a photobucket account I will post them for you tonight when I get home, if you ever want to use them.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #39
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

#7 Missouri(15-3) @ Texas Tech(12-5)

Missouri coming off of a big win over Kansas travels to Lubbock to face the Red Raiders of Texas Tech

Kim English came out ready to dominate. He scored 10 of the Tigers first 14 points, including two dunks and two threes. They made their first 8 shots as a team. The Tigers then started taking dumb quick shots and also quit playing good defense after they broke their press. Missouri were commiting dumb fouls. After a butt chewing from Coach Clark, the Tigers came out of the timeout focused once again. They were playing great defense and taking good shots. After the Red Raiders fell behind by 16, they put it into gear by scoring 9 straight points going into the half. The Tigers led 42-35.

Texas Tech came out wanting to put the Tigers in foul trouble. They drew 5 fouls in the first minute. Coach Clark was pissed sitting on the bench. They were not even trying to block out, they were just standing there hoping the ball would fall to them. The Tigers got it together for a couple minutes and then started fouling again. Tech was in the bonus at the 7:47 mark, when the scored was 60-53. The Tigers ended up pulling away until the last minute when Texas Tech started to play defense. It was too little too late. Missouri beats Texas Tech 82-74.

Team Stats
7/15 3pt.
19 Assists
21 Team fouls(yikes)
8 Steals
33 Bench Points

Player Stats
Kim English 21 Points 2 Assists 2 Rebounds
Marcus Denmon 17 Points 4 Assists
Zaire Taylor 11 Points 6 Rebounds 2 Assists
Nick Okiroie 12 Points 3 Assists
Mike Singletary 13 Points 6 Rebounds

POTG:Kim English

Coach's Comments- We played a alright game. We came out on fire, but soon cooled down. We fouled way too much. We did not give them many open shots, which was key to our victory. Kim and Marcus played phenominal. They carried the load for tonight. The thing I love about this team is that we are balanced and don't have a single dominant scorer every night. The other night Kim had 9 points and tonight he had 21, that is a sign of a good team when the star doesn't have to score most of the points.

Next game @ Colorado(12-5)

Old 03-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #40
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

Okay, I have two more games left in January. I will give the January recap of the Big 12. Forgot to do the December recap. Starting now, at the end of every week(if I remember) I will be posting the Top 25 and the bubble teams. I should play the Colorado game tonight and have it posted and then do the Nebraska game after my game tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »