Home

~#$%&~The Coaching Career of Drew Clark~#$%&~

This is a discussion on ~#$%&~The Coaching Career of Drew Clark~#$%&~ within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

OVR: 5
~#$%&~The Coaching Career of Drew Clark~#$%&~

The coach of the Missouri Tigers basketball program has decided to take a leave of absence due to health related issues. Mike Andreson led the Missouri Tigers deep into the NCAA Tournament last year. He will be temporaily replaced by Drew Clark. Clark runs the same type of defense as Anderson and a 4-Out offense. Clark is only 29 years old. He has been an assistant at Missouri after he graduated from the University of Texas. His dream has always been to become a great head coach. Can he fulfill that dream?

Schedule
O'Reily Auto Parts CBE Classic A
vs. Southern
vs. Western Illinois
@ Arkansas
@ Cal.
vs. Purdue
@ McNeese St.
vs. NC A&T
vs. Illinois
@ Coppin State
@ Mississippi State
vs. UMKC
vs. Texas
@ Iowa State
vs. Kansas
@ Texas Tech
@ Colorado
vs. Nebraska
vs. Kansas State
@ Kansas
vs. Texas A&M
@ Nebraska
@ Kansas State
vs. Colorado
vs. Oklahoma State
@ Baylor
vs. Iowa State
@ Oklahoma

Rotation
PG-Kim English So.
SG-Marcus Denmon So.
SF-Zaire Taylor Sr.
PF-Lawrence Bowers So.
C-Steve Moore So.
6-J.T. Tiller Sr.
7-Michael Dixon Fr.
8-Tyler Stone Fr.
9-Justin Strafford Jr.

Team Overview- This team is full of good sophmores. Led by Denmon and English, this team is looking to prove that it wasn't just because of Demarre Carroll last year. Almost everyone on this team can rain 3s all day if you let them. They are predicted to finish 22-9 with a conference record of 11-5. It will be very interesting to see what this team can do in the tough Big 12.

Recruiting Outlook
Barry Fofana- ***** SG 6'3 196 lbs. ABL Stats: 14.6 Pts. 7 Rebs
Keon Adams- ***** SF 6'7 216 lbs. ABL Stats: 14.1 Pts. 6.9 Reb
Tanoris Holmes- **** PG 6'0 177 lbs. ABL Stats: 10.0 Pts. 5.1 Reb 5.5 Ast.
Llyod Berry- **** SF 6'6 184 lbs. ABL Stats:12.1 Pts. 9.8 Reb. 4Ast.

Author's Note- I will be playing 12 minute halves on All-American. I will play every game unless I know it will be a blow out. The games I will sim are Southern, Coppin State, and UMKC. Any questions, just ask.

It'll be greatly appreciated!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

Re: ~#$%&~The Coaching Career of Drew Clark~#$%&~

MIZZOU Madness
This is a introduction of the players to the fans. I will be playing this every year and provide the stats. Here are the teams:

Gold Black
PG-Zaire Taylor PG-Kim English
SG-Marcus Dixon SG-Marcus Denmon
SF-Keith Ramsey SF-J.T. Tiller
PF-Justin Stafford PF-Lawrence Bowers
C-Tyler Stone C-Steve Moore
6-John Underwood Rs. 6-Keith DeWitt
7-Miguel Paul

When you see these teams on paper you would figure the Black team would dominate. That however was not the case. The gold came out wanting to win. The black team threw up 3s almost every trip down the floor it seemed. We hope this is not a sign of things to come.

I am sorry I forgot to get the stats for this game. The final score was Gold 92 Black 74.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

O'Reilly Autoparts CBE Classic A

@

Central Michigan(0-0) vs. Missouri Tigers(0-0)

The Chippewas came out strong. They got out to a 19-7 lead. The refs were a little favorable to the Chippewas early in the first half. Later in the first half the Tigers started raining down threes and driving to draw fouls. Kim English put the Tigers on his back for about 4 minutes by making 2 threes, getting a steal, and a dunk. The score at halftime is 38-38. The Tigers came out with a 12-4 run. It was all Tigers from there on out. They were raining 3s and getting easy dunks. Bowers came in and gave this team a spark. Within the first minute he was back in after getting in foul trouble, he blocks a guy with intensity and gets the ball and slams it down on the other end. The final score was 82-60.

Team Stats
10/16 3 Pointers
Forced 14 turnovers
Only 5 turnovers
8 Steals
4 Blocks

Player Stats
Lawrence Bowers- 20 Points 2 Blocks 3 Rebounds
Kim English- 11 Points
Marcus Denmon- 13 Points 3 Rebounds 2 Assists
Tyler Stone- 4 Points 9 Rebounds

Player of the Game: Lawrence Bowers

The Missouri Tigers will face Wofford for the opportunity to compete in the O'Reilly Autoparts CBE Classic. Wofford beat Fordham 76-61.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Good luck. Love reading College Hoops legacies.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Good luck. Love reading College Hoops legacies.

I am hoping more people will follow this.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

Wofford Terriers(1-0) vs. Missouri Tigers(1-0)

Well this game was pretty much evenly matched from the tip. The Tigers led the whole game until with about 15 seconds left when Wofford hit a 3 to tie it up. The Tigers called a timeout and went with a small lineup, with Bowers at the 5 spot. They gave it to Bowers with 8 seconds left he pump faked and the defense bought on the fake and gave Bowers a wide open dunk. They lead by 2 with 3 seconds left. They heave it down the court and throw up a long 2 and it bounces off back iron. Tigers win 69-67! Tigers win!

Team Stats
6/20 3 Pointers
5 Turnovers
Forced 12 turnovers
11 Steals
3 Blocks
44 Points in the Paint

Players Stats
Lawrence Bowers- 14 Points 4 Rebounds
Steve Moore- 14 Points 3 Blocks
Marcus Denmon- 11 Points 3-6 from 3

Player of the Game: Lawrence Bowers

Next Game- vs. Southern(0-1)

Old 02-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
Rookie

DC72582's Arena

Southern Jaguars(0-1) vs. Missouri Tigers(2-0)

The Jaguars came out strong 6 of their first 7 shots including 2 3 pointers. They started out on a 15 to 2 run but the Tigers went on to score 13 straight points before giving up 6 straight. The Jaguars 1-2-2 zone press was doing great. They did get beat deep a few times to Bowers, but other than that, they contained the Tiger's high flying offense. The Jaguars went on a 14 to 4 run before coach Clark called a timeout. The Tigers went into halftime down 35-24. They were o for 6 from the 3.

In the second half the Jags needed to keep up their good defense if they wanted to keep their lead. The Jags went on a 7-1 run to start the half. The refs were not calling any fouls on plays the Tigers were getting hacked. The Tigers decided to step up there defense. They were trapping which forced bad passes. They narrowed the score to 7 with 9 minutes left. They battled back and forth for 4 minutes then English hit the first 3 of the day to make it a 5 point game. Stone hits English on a backdoor cut to make it a 3 point game with 4 minutes left. English tips the ball away from Walls and bounces it off his leg out of bounds to get the ball back. Stone steals it and dunks it down with 3:21 remaining the score is 63-62, Southern. With two minutes remaining Southern is up by 4 with the ball. With 15 seconds Taylor hits a long 2 that he thought was a 3 to make it a 1 point game. The Tigers foul and the Jaguar's Walls is at the line. He makes the first one and misses the second. Denmon misses two block shots for the chance to tie it. The Jaguars get the ball and get fouled. Jones misses the front end of the one-and-one. The Tigers get the rebound with 4 seconds left. Taylor misses the mid-range jumper. Tigers get upset by the Southern Jaguars. They almost pulled off the comeback. Final score is 75-73.

Coach's comments- We should of won this game. I believe we had 4 block shots missed in the last 2 minutes. 2 by Moore and 2 by Denmon. The next game you won't see them two in the starting 5. They will be replaced by Stone and Tiller. We need to make our shots. We made one 3 all game, that is not Missouri like.

Team Stats
1/9 from 3
12 Turnovers
16 forced Turnovers
6 offensive rebounds(6 second chance points)

Player Stats
Zaire Taylor- 15 Points 3 Rebounds 4 Steals
Lawrence Bowers- 19 Points 4 Rebounds 3 Assists
Tyler Stone- 10 Points 3 Assists
Kim English- 15 Points 4 Steals

Next Game- #14 Michigan State(2-0)

Old 02-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I assume you simmed the Southern game like you said you were going to do and the computer rewarded you with a loss. That is sorta funny

What are you plans with this legacy. Do you plan to leave the Tigers after a couple years and use Clark as your coach at another school or is the plan for Caoch Anderson to stay retired?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »