Home

K_rob11's Chicago Bulls 1990-91 REWIND (NBA 2K10)

This is a discussion on K_rob11's Chicago Bulls 1990-91 REWIND (NBA 2K10) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Chicago Bulls 1990-91 REWIND (NBA 2K10)

SETTINGS
System: XBOX 360
Game Mode: NBA 2K10 Season Mode

Season Settings:

Length - 82 games
Allow CPU Signings - OFF
Progressive Fatigue - ON
Player Roles - OFF
Team Chemistry - ON
CPU Trades - OFF
Quarter Length - 11 Minutes
Sim Quarter Length - 12 Minutes

Playoff Format - going old school! 5-7-7-7

Gameplay:

Difficulty - Pro
Sliders - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...irst-post.html --- with minor tweaks to shooting sliders for this particular roster set

Fatigue - ON
Injuries - ON
Clutch Factor - ON

Rosters - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ter-360-a.html

Last edited by K_rob11; 03-02-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

Re: K_rob11's Chicago Bulls 1990-91 REWIND (NBA 2K10)

Not sure how often I will be able to update this thread as I do have other, more important priorities....but I will do my best. I really had fun with my NCAA 09 JU Dynasty thread (check my sig) and hopefully this will be just as much fun!

I'm really having fun with this game and these classic rosters created by Portlandblazer!

Hope atleast one person follows this thread !

Enjoy...
Old 02-19-2010, 12:35 AM   #3
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

Just a little FYI, I am starting this thread 10 games into my season already. I will recap a few games that I have already played until we are all up to date.

Bulls stumble in home
opener

Sean Elliot drives past Bulls defeders as the visiting Spurs win easily

The Chicago Bulls opened the 1990-91 season with the hopes of winning their first NBA championship. To say the expectations for this year's Bulls squad are high would be an understatement. The San Antonio Spurs however, quickly put a halt to any championship season talk as they plastered the Bulls, 105-74 in front of a sold out crowd at Chicago Stadium. The Spurs used a balanced offensive attack to keep the Bulls guessing on defense for almost the entire game. All 5 starters for the Spurs scored in double digits with Sean Elliott leading the way with 19.

TEAM
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
OT
FINAL

-

-

Spurs Leading Scorers
Sean Elliott - 19
Wille Anderson - 16
David Robinson - 16

Bulls Leading Scorers
Michael Jordan - 25
Scottie Pippen - 17
John Paxon - 9

Player of the Game - David Robinson 16 pts, 15 reb, 4 blks

Last edited by K_rob11; 02-22-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

Mighty Celtics handle Bulls
easily

The Celtics players celebrate an easy win against Chicago.

The trip to the Boston Garden was not expected to be an easy one for the Chicago Bulls. Very few however, expected the Celtics to handle the Bulls as easily as they did Friday night in the 104-80 Celtics victory. The Bulls were just coming off an embarrassing 31 point loss to the San Antonio Spurs in their season opener last night and came into Boston hoping to come out with a much better outcome. That was not to be the case as Boston, led by Reggie Lewis, used their suffocating defense to fluster the Bulls causing them to commit 22 turnovers in the game. "Whenever you have that many turnovers in a game against a team like Boston, you can't expect win, or even be close in a game like that, " said BJ Armstrong, who committed 9 turnovers himself.

The Celtics had six players in double figures led by Larry Bird's 22 points. Reggie Lewis added 18 points to go along with a very solid defensive performance including 3 blocked shots and 6 steals. The Bulls will take a day off before traveling to Miami in hopes of getting their first win of the season.

TEAM
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
OT
FINAL

-

-

Bulls Leading Scorers
Michael Jordan - 31
Scottie Pippen - 14
BJ Armstrong - 9
John Paxon - 9

Celtics Leading Scorers
Larry Bird - 22
Reggie Lewis - 18
Brian Shaw - 15

Player of the Game - Reggie Lewis 18 points, 3 blocks, 6 steals

Last edited by K_rob11; 02-19-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

Just to let everyone know.....

again, I am starting this thread 10 games already into my season. I am just going back and recaping a few games that I have already played until I am up to the current game that I am scheduled to play which is against the Lakers.

Just want to give you an idea of the flow of my season up to this point. As you can see, I struggled early! Not exactly the cake walk you might expect playing with Michael Jorday, Scottie Pippen and co. ......but that's a good thing!

Last edited by K_rob11; 02-22-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

Here's a summary of the REAL 1990-91 NBA season from Basketball-Reference.com

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_1991.html

...just for those wanting to refresh their memories a bit. Feel free to discuss anything about the real 90-91 season along with my virtual rewind season in this thread. I was about 13-14 years old around this time and the Bulls were absolutely my favorite team to root for (just as every other Jordan fan at that time). Michael Jordan and the Bulls are the reason I started to really deeply follow the NBA around this time. But I loved all the wars the Bulls had with the Pistons, then the Knicks. The Knicks rivalry really didn't start until the 1992 playoffs. I remember feeling crushed everytime Jordan and the Bulls would lose to the Pistons though. I hated Isaiah and Joe Dumars back then!

But I truly loved this time period in the NBA. There was great drama and better overall teams throughout the league back then! Believe it or not, the EAST was actually the stronger conference back then! It seems like ages ago when we could actually say this.

By the way, anyone notice on that site that they have the Orlando Magic listed in the Western Conference? That must be a mistake right? Either this is a typo or a damn good trivia question.

Last edited by K_rob11; 02-19-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

The 'Heat' is on as Bulls
lose third straight

Glenn Rice and the Miami Heat hand the Bulls their third straight blowout
loss.

For the third consecutive game, the Chicago Bulls (0-3) are left helplessly searching for answers after a brutal 115-95 loss to the Miami Heat Sunday night. Glenn Rice played a sensational game as he poured in 34 points for the Heat while shooting 18 for 22 from the field (hit 5 out of 7 from 3-point range). Kevin Edwards chipped in with 22 points of his own and helped the Heat out score the Bulls 72-53 in the 2nd half. Despite the high scoring efforts of Scottie Pippen (31) and Michael Jordan (37), the Bulls simply could not find an answer for Miami's hot shooting streak.

The 20 point loss marks the third time in as many games this season that the Bulls have lost to their opponent by 20 points or more. "This is certainly not how we expected to start the season...nobody does. You just have to keep working hard, and don't panic, and hope everything comes together soon. But we'll be ok, " said a confident Michael Jordan during the post game press conference.

Perhaps the Bulls fans needed to hear this from their star player, but it still does not hide the fact that the Chicago Bulls are off to a terrible start to the season....a season in which many of us predicted that this Chicago Bulls team would take the next step towards their first NBA championship. The Bulls will head back home to face the Milwaukee Bucks who are also without a win this season.

TEAM
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
OT
FINAL

-

-

Bulls Leading Scorers
Michael Jordan - 37
Scottie Pippen - 31
Horace Grant - 10

Heat Leading Scorers
Glenn Rice - 34
Kevin Edwards - 22
Rony Seikaly - 14

Player of the Game - Glenn Rice 34 points, 4 assists, 2 steals

Last edited by K_rob11; 02-19-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #8
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

SPORTS

Shaky start cause for concern
in Chicago?

by Jay Mariotti,
Chicago Sun Times Sports Columnist

It has been a mere 3 games into the NBA season and the Chicago Bulls' 0-3 start has just about every single Bulls fan here in the city of Chicago ready to jump off a cliff. Ok, calm down people! Sure, ok, this team hasn't quite lived up to the enormous expectations put on them by the fans and the media (see, I'm man enough to say it), but let's be realistic here for a moment. The Chicago Bulls have yet to prove to anyone that they are even ready to dethrone the mighty Detroit Pistons to get out of the Eastern Conference, let alone win an NBA Championship.

I mean let's face it, the Eastern Conference is tough this year and the Bulls have a very long and challenging road ahead of them. Not only do they have to deal with the yearly bug-a-boo that is the Detroit Pistons, the New York Knicks are off to an impressive start and look to be very tough this season. Patrick Ewing finally may have the pieces around him to bring him to the promise land. The Philadelphia 76ers believe it or not also seem note-worthy. The self named duo of "Thump and Bump" (although I am still trying to figure out which one of the two represent Rick Mahorn) along with sharp shooter Hersey Hawkins will surely be a playoff contender this year. And how can you look past the Boston Celtics. Larry Bird seems to finally be at 100% and some are projecting that this will be the year that Reggie Lewis will emerge as Bird's right hand man....maybe even emerge as THE man. Even though Bird isn't near the player we remember from just a few years back, there's still some magic left in that tank and maybe enough to carry an aged, but still very respectable Celtic team.

Speaking of Magic, the Western Conference will be no slouch either. Magic Johnson is very excited about his young Laker squad. Although they have an abundance of youth on their team with Perkins, Vlade Divac, etc., they still have veteran spillage from the Showtime era that will continue to contribute in James Worthy and Byron Scott. The Trailblazers are stacked, period. Utah, San Antonio, and even Golden State with Run T.M.C. all look like legitimate contenders this year.

So, you see, it is not a given that just because this city has arguably the best basketball player in the world playing for them, that doesn't automatically make them the best team....actually the Chicago Bulls are far from it. So get off your ledges and lower those lofty expectations and just pray, pray I tell you! Pray that this team can just atleast make the playoffs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »