Home

Closed Legacy of Coach Falls (2k8)

This is a discussion on Closed Legacy of Coach Falls (2k8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10
Closed Legacy of Coach Falls (2k8)

So I've been doing this closed legacy for a couple of weeks now, and I really love it, so I decided to share with you guys giving you updates around the NCAA, game recaps, recruiting, etc...

Coach Falls decided to start out his career at Northern Colorado [Big Sky]. After 3 seasons, he has gotten a 5 year contract extension due to his major success here at Colorado. I'm actually in season 4, so I will give a recap of each season.

Season 1 : In the first season, Coach Falls didn't know what to expect from his players. His best player was Eliot Lloyd (freshman at the time, rated 72.) He was the point guard of this team, and would start as a freshman. Lloyd proved to be the best player on the team, and would average 13.5 PPG with 5.2 APG. Lloyd wasn't the only weapon on this team though, Mike Proctor, also a freshman, who was very underrated, showed that he is a major factor for success to this team (Averaged 15.4 PPG). A power forward with speed, and can shoot the 3. Proctor and Lloyd would carry this team through the Big Sky finishing 1st in the Big Sky, and would win the conference tournament to earn an NCAA bid. I forget who we played in the first round, but we were a 15 seed. We got blown out unfortunately, but it was more than Coach Falls could ever ask for. 16-9; 1st round of NCAA tourney.

Season 2 :
Coach Falls wanted to get one thing for this team. A true center, and he did just that in the first season by recruiting 7'2" Winsome Foust, a center straight out of Colorado Springs. (2* prospect) Foust would start as a freshman and would help out adding 6 PPG, and a huge 10 RPG. Foust was the conference freshman of the year. Coach Falls knew Foust would only improve from here. Eliot Lloyd was the conference player of the year averaging 20 PPG, 5 APG. Mike Proctor had anothersuccessful season (16 PPG). Northern Colorado would finish the successful season at 26-7, and would win the Big Sky regular season, as well as the conference tournament, back to back years. However, the Bears would draw a terrible 12 seed and lost in the first round. 26-7; 1st round of NCAA tourney.

Season 3 :
With Lloyd, Proctor, and Foust one year older, and one more year with experience, Coach Falls had high hopes for this season...but not as high as Northern Colorado actually achieved. Lloyd would be the factor to this teams success, with Proctor and Foust right behind him. Lloyd would average 22.5 points per game and 5 assists per game. Proctor with his consistent 16 points per game, added 5 assists per game and 2 steals per game. Foust would be joined at the center position with freshman Chad Allen (6'11", 3* prospect.) Foust and Allen were the Bears down-low beasts. Foust would average 9 RPG, and Allen would average 7 RPG. Allen would be the conference freshman of the year. Year 3 for Coach Falls definitely got him some national recognition. Finishing 16-0 in the Big Sky, and winning the conference tourney, gave the Northern Colorado Bears and 6 seed in the NCAA tournament and would face 11 Clemson.

The NC Bears would beat Clemson by 20 points, advancing to play #3 Nebraska in the 2nd round, where I would eventually win, moving on to the sweet 16. My mind is blank on who I played in the sweet 16, but I know we won. In the Elite 8 we would face #1 UNC. It was a close game the whole time, and would come down to a last second shot from Eliot Lloyd to win the game at the buzzer. By now, everyone and their mothers jumped on the Northern Colorado bandwagon, rooting for them in the Final 4! Coach Falls and the Bears would face #1 Kansas in the final four. And would either face Texas or Arizona. I got out to an early 6 point lead and I kept it for most of the game. With about 2 minutes left, Kansas took a 3 point lead, but JR Eliot Lloyd came up huge and nailed a 3 to tie it with 12 seconds left in the game. Kansas would wait for the last shot, and missed it. OVERTIME! My team came out on fire and we eventually won the Final 4 game to advance to the National Championship game to take on #2 Texas.

The National Championship game...Coach Falls never expected to bring this Northern Colorado team so far in the NCAA tournament, especially after his 3rd year. Northern Colorado actually played Texas earlier in the year in non-conference play. We got blown out by 30+ points, so going into this game, the nation picked Texas to win. Texas was too much for Northern Colorado and proved to be the best team in the nation, winning the national title.
26-5 (16-0) Championship Game.

Coach Falls

69-21; Age 35
Overall : B

Off : A-
Def : B
Teaching : C+
Scouting : C+
Charisma : A-

Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Closed Legacy of Coach Falls (2k8)

Looking forward to seeing what Coach Falls can do in season 4. So with the 5 yr extension, did Coach Falls get any outs or does he plan on sticking it out for all 5 years of his contract??
Old 03-24-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

I'm really hoping I can get a job offer at the end of the year that I will be willing to take. Recruiting here in Colorado is terrible. After my two stars declare for the draft (Lloyd & Proctor) I have no go-to-guy. So basically if I leave Northern Colorado, they will have to rebuild with a new coach. I'm praying for a great season, and an even better job offer.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 03-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Good to see a new dyansty up on the board. Good luck!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #5
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

So now that we have the easy HTML table for all dynasties, I really want to start posting in this again.
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »