Home

The New Boys in LA: LA Clippers Association

This is a discussion on The New Boys in LA: LA Clippers Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2010, 12:48 PM   #17
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The New Boys in LA: LA Clippers Association

Los Angeles, Ca
July 7
Two is better than one?

In a decade, a franchise might have one big off-season, last year as the Clippers year. This year, guess what, it's the Clippers. With 21 millions dollars in cap, 3 first round picks, 7,10,14. This is one big off-season. And also, Melo might be the next big signing for the boys of LA.

July 13

Hit the Lotto!

The first pick went to the Bucks and are subject to draft B-Mills from Wisconsin. Ricky Rubio willl also be in this draft, he probably goes to Portland with the 4th overall pick. Here is the order
1. Bucks
2.76ers
3.Pistons
4.Blazers
5.Spurs
6.Jazz
7.Clippers
8.Magics
9.Pistons
10.Clippers
11.Warriors
12.Warriors
13.Celtics
14.Clippers
Old 04-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #18
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Movement in LA

The LA Clippers have traded their 7th overall pick and Eric Gordon to the 76ers for the second overall pick. LA is going after B-Mills and hoping that Milwaukee will past on the guy people call the next Kobe Bryant. If they don't get him, they will get Penn State star Keon Bradley a.k.a K-Brad. J-Wall, Stoud, K-Brad, we need a nickname for Blake Griffin.

Jul 12th
K-Brad, B-Mills, Take Note

Everyone has the Bucks picking either B. Mills or K. Brad but instead they picked N. Greiger from TCU. The Clippers skiped on him and took K. Bradley. Mills went 6th overall after Rubio went to the Spurs. With the backfield taken care of many people wondered what the Clippers would do with 2 remaining first round picks, simple, fill their much needed bench. They draft three point marks men Alan White and got R. Cowens who is a combo guard.

Showtime?
August 1st, 2011

The Clippers plan was to go hard after Melo. With 3 first round picks, their budget kept going down. Then they did the most riskiest thing by trading rookie Alan White and R. Cowens to Memphis for a 1sst round pick. If Melo didn't come, the Clippers would end up with 20 mil two first round picks and still had T. Ariza and will live to fight another day. The Clippers have been the Free Agency guru's. Getting Stoudemire last year, with draftee's J-Wall and B-Griffin, this team is destined for sucess, but will Melo do much improvement. There will surely be some chemistry issues. Trevor Ariza's trade will be imminent, Amar'e won't like sharing the spotlight with Melo but wait. If Melo comes, this team has championship or at least playoffs writing all over it so maybe they will be the personal grudge behind them and see wheter the Clippers will be the powerhouse of california.

Meloooo!
August 11th, 2011

After ten days of constant negotiating, it came down to three teams, the Pistons, The Nuggets and the Clippers. The pistons offered the least and was the first one to be turned down. Melo realize that going to LA will mean no longer being the onl star on the team, but he took the risk. With Melo, Stoud, Griffin, Bradley, and Wall and possibly Ariza coming of the bench, this long 3 year process might be over. But as usual there's a risk. Melo could end up being a scrub playing in the Clippers non stop fast break offense. He lacks the speed it takes to run with the Clips but maybe he will fit. Another thing, with two star players, and three developing stars, chemstry will be a big issues. Expect Wall's and Griffins numbers to go down. While Bradley is my expect Rookie of the Year, his full potential won't be put to full display . Well, if they don't make the playoffs expect to be chaos in LA. Most likely coaches will get fired and big players will be put to the trading block.

Other big signings are Gasol going to the Bucks and Tony Parker going to the Pacers. Lamar Odom went to the Nets, Zach Randolph landed in Dallas. Losing both Gasol and Odom was a big lost for Lakers but the team that lost the most was Nuggets. Losing Melo and K-Mart, Billups needs to step up are this team is a lottery team. The team that gained the most was once again the Clippers. With superb drafting, trading and negotiating this lottery team is now a championship team.

(if i dont make playoffs, i have to fire my coach and get rid of eather wall, bradley, stoudamire, ariza or griffin. )

Last edited by Thugger Jackson; 04-03-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #19
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Starting Lineup

PG.J. Wall-85
SG. K. Bradley-81
SF. C. Anthony-94
PF. B. Griffin-87
C. A. Stoudemire-94

Sixth Man(s)
T. Ariza-80
A. Morrow-69
Team Rating 98

Expect to be in playoffs. 45 plus wins and two players will go to the all-star. expect K. Bradley to be rookie of the year.

(tips: don't go for the kill in Free Agency one year, you will have cap spce problem. don't fill your whole roster with free agent or draftees. get some good picks and stack up on free agency. draft on need, not rating. gasol was in the market but i don't need a center. the reason i got melo was because I saw Ariza's morale going down and so was his rating and i needed him to come off the bench. dont be afraid to trade yur draftees) thanks 4 following
Old 04-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #20
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

October 28th,2011
Los Angeles,Ca

To be the best, you gotta beat the best and the Clippers did just that. For the last five minutes of the game it was a close game. Lakers score then Clippers, then the Lakers. But has the 2 minute warning loomed, the Clippers tenasious defense was able to stop Kobe. Every fan in the Staples Center was on their seat. They all knew Kobe would hit the buzzer beater but the Clippers made sure the game was not decided by a buzzer beater. After 2 straight scores, up by 4, rookie Keon Bradley knew he dad to stop Kobe who at that time had 45 points.
"Coach looked over to me and said, don't let him shoot it" said Bradley at a post game conference.
Well, he did let him shoot it, and the Clippers led by two.
"Let Wall run this offense, do not take shots, dunk, layup, draw a foul, fake it if you have to" said veteran Amar'e Stoudemire.
Wall did just that faking a layup then dishing it to Stoud led the team to a four point lead. Kobe time, right? no, double team with 40 seconds he gave it to former Clippers Sherron Collins who missed the J. Up by 4, 20 seconds left, you'll think this one is over right?
Nope, Kobe refuse to let up and they sent J-Wall to the line. He missed the first one but nailed the second. up by 5, its 3 pointer or go home for Lakers. A quick layup by kobe and then they sent Amar'e to the line. He knocked down both and the rest is history. The Clippers won 122-117.

Player of the Game- J. wall-22 pts,8 asst and 5 rebs.

next update will be all-star break
Old 04-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #21
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Los Angeles,Ca
February 15, 2012

Switcheroo in LA?

For long if you're in LA, you like the Lakers, they win, they're highflying and they got the best scorer. But this year, the talk in LA is my beloved Clippers. Their highflying, they win, and the fact that 3 potential MVP's are in one team is just unbelievable. One of the big stories was that rookie Keon Bradley could get traded due to his poor performance. Averaging just 12 points a game, the Clippers are openly putting him on the market but no one is interested. Another big story was the firing of Knicks head coach Mike D'Antoni. While the Lakers are still the favorite to win the Pacific West conference, the Clppers are making sure it ain't easy. While their record ain' that big, they are at the to of their division. while a 26-26 record is far less than stellar, Clippers fan are excited. With Bynum possibly traded this year and Gasol already gone, the Lakers better get used to it. Another rumor in LA is Melo for Kobe. Kobe is older but the trade will probably include a draft pick so we should wether it happens or not.

Tell me, is melo for kobe and draft picks a good, fair and realistic trade?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #22
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

NBA Love's LBJ?
April 18,2012

while many people worry about the world ending this year, two people don't care, the clippers and LeBron James. First, the clippers not only made the playoffs, they finish 1st place. their post-all-star break performance was great. winning almost all their games in march, the clippers are for once, on top.
Lebron, or LeBrick, had a horrible season. his team finish 6th and he averaged just over 21 points and 10 rebs.
MVP-D. Harris,NJ: the man took the NETS to the playoffs.
Rookie of the Year: B.Sherman, DET: i dont get this one either, averaging just 13 points while other rookies averaged around 15 points
Sixth Man: T. Lawson-DEN: With Melo gone, Lawson contribution of the bench was real key. 12 points and 5 assist per game.

D-Fensive Player: L. James,CLE: i don't know what to say

Most Improved: J. Varnado,GS: with ellis hurt most of the season, the post game was key and Varnado stepped up. 10 points and 9 rebs a game

Coach of the Year: L. Franck,NJ: one sentense, he took the NETS to the playoff.

Last edited by Thugger Jackson; 04-04-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #23
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

it was a glitch, it said LJ won it but when i went to league history, it said devin harris
Old 04-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #24
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Nooo! but at least we made it?
May 20
LA, CA

It was heart breaking but the Clippers are out of the playoffs. they took it to the distance in round 2, down 3-1, they force game 7 but couldn't finish the job.
"You know,...,the hardest thing, the hardest, is having to tell the players, you know, it's over. go home, go to your family,, and there;s always next year. none of my players besided ariza have ever won a championship. it's tough, and good luck to the Wolves" said, Coach Givens, almost in tears.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »