Home

Rebirth: A Detroit Pistons Franchise

This is a discussion on Rebirth: A Detroit Pistons Franchise within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #1
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

OVR: 11
Rebirth: A Detroit Pistons Franchise

Hey guys...check out my new Detroit Pistons Franchinse if you think it will interest you. I'm running it out of the new Dynasties feature here at OS. Here is the link: http://www.operationsports.com/Wyldd...hise-nba-2k10/

Thanks for looking!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 05:14 PM   #2
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

Re: Rebirth: A Detroit Pistons Franchise

Just to let everyone know, I will be doing this kind of style with my dynasty.

I don't plan on playing and posting every single game of the season. That would just take way too long. I am looking to play 2-3 games per month (in game months, haha). For those games, I will do a write up and post the boxscore. To cover the rest of the games, I will post a recap at the end of each in game month, recapping all of my games, any notable stats for the month, standings, and news from around the league.

Thanks again for following! I am really going to have a lot of fun with this.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Good luck with this, will follow to the best of my ability, nice to see a Pistons franchise, going to be interesting to see what you're going to do with the team.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yes a Pistons Dynasty, for sure following, I'm a Pistons Fan so I wanna see what you can do with them
Old 04-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #5
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

Well thanks a lot! I hope you don't think I blew them up too bad, lol. Just got rid of the unneccessary acquisitions we had this past summer...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #6
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

*I can't figure out how to make it so I can have all of my dynasty posts in the same place, so I am just going to post it all here until I can get it figured out.*

Rebirth: A Detroit Pistons Dynasty

2010 Season Review

The 2010 season started with a bang for the Pistons, with Joe Dumars being fired as General Manager, being told that he "lacked the leadership and good judgement to lead this organization in the right direction". The organization hired former Spurs Assistant GM Dennis Lindsay a few days later.

Lindsay immediately went to work to "clean up the mess left behind by Dumars". After an 0-2 start, and being outrebounded by 33 over those first 2 games, Lindsay jettisoned newly acquired Villanueva to the Nuggets for Nene and a 2nd round draft pick. The team went on to win their next 9 games, finishing November with a 13-3 record. But the season quickly turned sour, as the Pistons went 4-17 in December and fell down the East standings. By mid-January, Jonas Jerebko had become unhappy with Detroit and demanded a trade. In Lindsay's most controversial decision to date, he agreed and sent the fan favorite Jerebko to Milwaukee for Luc Richard Mbah A Moute. This hurt the team even more, and by the All-Star break they had fallen to 11th place in the Eastern standings. Seeing that the season was all but lost, Lindsay decided to make a trade that would set them up for success in the future, rather than right now. He traded Ben Gordon and Will Bynum for Jerryd Bayless, the expiring contract of Juwan Howard, and a 1st round draft pick.

Because of this trade, it left the Pistons even worse for this season, and they faded even more down the stretch. With 5 games left in the season, coach John Kuester resigned, citing "personal reasons". Assistant John Sullivan finished out the season, but the Pistons search for a new head coach began. The Pistons lost the final 5 games under Sullivan, and finished 28-54, 3rd worst in the Eastern Conference.

Reason for hope came on June 10, when maybe the biggest coaching hire in history came to terms. Coach Mike Krzyzewski agreed to a 4 year, $55 million contract to leave Duke University and become the next Detroit Pistons head coach. Coming off of a national championship season, Coach K told reports that he "was looking for a new challenge, and Detroit seemed like the perfect place to do it."

After the draft lottery, the Pistons had the #8 and #16 picks in the 2010 NBA Draft. The day of the draft, however, GM Dennis Lindsay made one more trade that bolstered the Pistons future. He sent Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, 2 2nd round picks, and the #16 pick acquired from Portland to the New Jersey Nets in exchange for the #3 pick in the draft.

With the #3 pick, the Pistons selected Evan Turner out of Ohio State. When it came time for the Pistons to select at number 8, they were delighted to see that DeMarcus Cousins from Kentucky was still on the board. They went ahead and selected him with the #8 overall pick.

With new head coach Mike Krzyzewski at the helm and newly signed draft picks Evan Turner and DeMarcus Cousins ready to go, the future looks a bit brighter in Motown.

*Yes, I know Coach K to Detroit would never happen, but that's why it is fantasy. And it's fun.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

2011 Season Preview

2011 Opening Day Roster:
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzweski
Starters:
PG Rodney Stuckey
SG Richard Hamilton
SF Tayshaun Prince
PF DeMarcus Cousins
C Nene

Bench:
SG Evan Turner
PF Jason Maxiell
PG Jerryd Bayless
C Chris Wilcox
SF Austin Daye
SF Trenton Hassell
PG Chucky Atkins

Outlook:
The Detroit Pistons are going into the 2011 NBA season with a lot of optimism. After a disappointing 26-54 finish last year, they are looking to kick it up a notch under their new head coach, Mike Krzyzewski. Coach K has said that offense has to be a priority this year.

"You know me, normally I am a defensive guy. But this team is already stellar on the defensive end. We have to work harder on the offensive side of the ball to contend with the elites in this conference, and I have no doubt that we will do just that."

The 2011 Edition of the Pistons are bolstered by two new additions to the squad this year. First year player Evan Turner is expected to come off the bench, but still play close to 25 minutes a game. He will be counted on to provide a scoring lift for a Pistons team that averaged just a shade under 89 points a game last year.

"I really feel like I can come in and contribute to this team right away. I like this system, like the players I am playing with, and how can you not love playing for Coach K? I'm ready to have a big rookie season."

Turner isn't the only rookie on the squad this year with high expectations. 8th overall pick DeMarcus Cousins is expected to be a major offensive force in the low post, starting along side league veteran Nene. Cousins, who played his college ball at Kentucky, has said that he can't wait to get started.

"This is a great group of guys we have here. If we can get off to a good start and hit a nice groove throughout the season, I think we can contend with anyone."

The two young guns aren't the only ones on the radar this year. Returning to the rotations for the Pistons this year is exciting 4th year point guard Rodney Stuckey, league veterans Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince, and massive center Nene.

"I expect a lot out of those guys," Coach Krzyzewski said in a press conference earlier this week. "These guys have been here for a long time; they know how things are done around here. I expect to learn a lot from them this year, and hopefully I can teach them a little bit too."

Bench players Jason Maxiell and Jerryd Bayless are also expected to play key roles for Detroit this year.

"I love Jason's tenacity on the glass. I know he's only 6'7", but he can rebound with the best of them. We are going to need that this year. And Jerryd sees the floor as good as any point guard in the league. Those two are going to be huge for our team this year."

Long-time NBAers Trenton Hassell, an offseason free agent pickup, and point guard Chucky Atkins are not expected to tote a lot of minutes, but they are expected to bring veteran leadership in the locker room. Young gun Austin Daye also made the team this year, but isn't expected to see the floor very much.

The Pistons are hoping (and of course, already expecting) to overachieve this year. ESPN The Magazine and Sports Illustrated both picked the Pistons to finish 10th in the Eastern Conference this year, finishing at 37-45. Although that would be a large improvement over last year, Coach K and the Pistons are wanting more.

"We can definitely make a run in the playoffs this year. I know we have the players to do it. It all comes down to how hard these guys want to work."
Old 04-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #8
Rookie

SoundTheAlarm's Arena

I just got an idea to make this simple.

Unless somebody knows how I can link it so that all my dynasty posts can be found in one place, I will just post the link here to each new entry that I post in my dynasty space.

Sound good? Ok...here is the 1st one.

http://www.operationsports.com/Wyldd...hise-nba-2k10/

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »