Home

Chris Allen Story (Bethune-Cookman)

This is a discussion on Chris Allen Story (Bethune-Cookman) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Chris Allen Story (Bethune-Cookman)

Bethune-Cookman hires coach out of Texas
"Chris Allen is hired"

If you are a big time Bethune-Cookman fan, you would want to follow this story. The Wildcats have decided to hire Chris Allen, a 25 year old from Red Oak, Texas. "I am thrilled to be carrying this program to its potential," says Allen. "I can't wait to start rebuilding." Allen has carried the Red Oak Hawks to a 119-1 record under him and 3 State Championships. Only lost was to Houston Yates High School, 147-156 in triple OT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Chris Allen Story (Bethune-Cookman)

I simulated the first season and we finished 11-17. I always sim my first season because I prefer to play with the guys I recruit because I know them better.

Difficulty: All-Conference, All-American
Sliders: I never changed them because i don't know what there for. I just got this last week.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Rookie

3 recruits sign with the Wildcats
"Bethune-Cookman get recuits out of Georgia and Africa"

The recruits handpicked by Chris Allen are:

Michael Thompson- 6'5" 3* SG out of Tasmania
Chris Allen's take: "Michael will be a dominant player for us. He is an excellent shooter and will start for us from day one. Michael will be our go-to guy if we need help. If we need him to score 30 for us, that he will do."

Matt Sandoval- 7'3" 2* C out of Atlanta, GA
Chris Allen's take: "Matt will be dominant inside. He should be able to take avantage of his size. I think Matt should grab alot of boards for us and put in alot of 2 pointers for us. Like Michael, he will start from day one."

Cedrick Ngarndi- 6'9" 3* PF out of Cameroon
Chris Allen's take: "Cedrick is a great player and dominated ball in Africa. He will start from day one. Cedrick may be 6'9" but he will never back from a challenge. Also good shooter and has good speed for a PF."

Last edited by Bammer8541; 04-18-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Also, how do you put banners on top?
Old 04-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Chris Allen reveals roster
"Players who will represent Bethune- Cookman"

Starting:

Point Guard: Jerrell Thomas, Sophmore
6'3", 63 ovr, from Chicago, Illinois
Chris Allen's take: "Jerrell is an efficient passer. He can score if needed to. I'm excited to have him on the team because he is lightning fast and quick.

Shooting Guard: Michael Thompson, Freshmen
6'5", 67 ovr, from Tasmania
Chris Allen's take: "Michael is an amazing shooter. He just dominated the practice game with 23 points and 5 assists and was 5/5 from deep. I can't wait till season starts."

Small Forward: Aric Miller, Senior
6'5", 68 ovr, from San Antonio, Texas
Chris Allen's take: "It's awesome having fellow Texan on my team, but it's pretty intense because I'm from Dallas and he's from San Antonio and the Mavs and Spurs are rivals, it gets intense. Anyways, back to the point, Aric is an excellent player. He can score, rebound, pass, and play great D. It sucks he will leave next year."

Power Forward: Cedrick Ngardni, Freshmen
6'9", 65 ovr, from Cameroon
Chris Allen's take: "Cedrick is an all-around player I predicted him to be. He can play like a Small Forward which will be hard for other PF's because Cedrick has the speed to beat them on fast breaks."

Center: Matt Sandoval, Freshmen
7'3", 64 ovr, from Atlanta, Georgia
Chris Allen's take: "It's exciting to have a monster on our team. That will be a huge impact on our games because most or our opponents don't have the size to guard him. He's like the next Kenny George."

I'm too lazy to post the rest, sorry.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Coaching Profile:

Recruiting: Manuel
1st Recruiting priority: Skills
2nd Recruiting priority: Athleticism
Offensive Playbook: Motion or Flex (Help me. I'm not sure what to use permamently)
Primary Defense: 1-3-1
Secondary Defense: 2-3
Pressure Defense: Triangle and 2 (Should I keep it at that?)
Inbounds Press: Fullcourt Trap
ALWAYS
85 Up-tempo
95 Pressure
Old 04-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Rookie

75 89

Bethune-Cookman Wildcats crush Florida Gulf Coast in Moore Gym. Bethune-Cookman crushed FGCU at the break 56-32 then Coach Allen pulled his starters because the Wildcats were too much for FGCU. Bethune-Cookman started the game on a 27-4 run. Then Chris Allen pulled his starters after 7 minutes out of 14 minutes in the half. Apparently, FGCU were not gonna give up so they kept trying but the Wildcats reserve players were giving them a hard time.

Florida Gulf Coast Eagles (0-1) at Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (1-0)
, 12Final
Florida Gulf Coast Eagles324375Player of the Game:
Matt Sandoval

Bethune-Cookman Wildcats563389

Postgame Interview:

Reporter: Coach, were you surprised at Matt Sandoval's 25 pts, 17 rebounds game?

CA: You know what, I was not. You know why? Because I knew he can do it no matter what his star level was. I knew Matt had potential. Hell, Matt's a monster. 7'3" and 250 lbs., is quite a special player.

Reporter: Do you think a tiny school like Bethune- Cookman can be one of the best programs out there?

CA: Yeah, I know we can.

Reporter: Ok, thanks coach.

Last edited by Bammer8541; 04-18-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
Rookie

68 27

Do you realize how easy Maine was for the Wildcats? They were so easy and terrible that coach Chris Allen pulled his starters out after 5 minutes. Backups been playing all game long. Wildcats starters pulled a 19-0 run before getting pulled. Backups dominated as well. Maine just couldn't take Chris Allen's fullcourt pressuring style of Defense. Game ended going to the Wildcats, 68-27.

Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (2-0) at Maine Black Bears (0-2)
, 12Final
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats353368Player of the Game:
Michael Thompson
Maine Black Bears111627

Reporter: Coach, what do you say about Maine Black Bears?

CA: No offense to them, but they were horrible. Even my own Red Oak Hawks can kill them that bad. They are the worst team ever and I would be shocked if they even win a game. My god, my bench wasn't even trying. And my starters were sleeping while playing and still scored 19 points in 4 minutes.

Reporter: Uh, ok. What type of defense do you use, exactly?

CA: I usually use Fullcourt Trap until they get across the line, then I trap them wite 1-3-1 and if they use their big men, I go for 2-3 zone. But if they have stars and shoot well like, lets say Duke, they I use Traingle and 2.

Reporter: Hope your ready for North Florida Ospreys up in Jacksonville. What is your strategy?

CA: The same ones I use to blow my opponents out.

Last edited by Bammer8541; 04-21-2010 at 09:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »