Home

Devin Goodwill- Rise of a Legend

This is a discussion on Devin Goodwill- Rise of a Legend within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Devin Goodwill- Rise of a Legend

GAME: NBA 2K10
MODE: My Player

This will be a My player Dynasty of sorts. Hopefully the qtr minutes(in reg. season) are 12 minutes.This will also be my first chise or dynasty of any type; I hope you guys like it, here is my player. Oh, since I wasn't able to get the Draft Combine I just start in Summer Camp.

Name: Devin Goodwin
Height: 6'7
Weight: 230
Position: SF
Playstyle: Scoring
Jersey Number: 10
College: Air Force
Current OVR: 42

The player I'm hoping to model is Paul Pierce.

Last edited by K-oss; 06-11-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 02:19 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Devin Goodwill- Rise of a Legend

If anyone knows how to do team graphic and stat overlays that would be mighty hopeful. Unless, of course, you don't mind this being purely written?

BREAKING NEWS: A potential super rookie, or more likely, a stunt pulled for publicity?

Aaron Gottlieb: "This is Aaron Gottlieb here formerly of the New York Chronicles and now affiliated with "All Things Knickerboxers" and I have breaking news. An unknown rookie has been given a chance to prove himself in the summer circuit for the New York Knicks. His name is Devin Goodwin and....I must say, this guy looks absolutely terrible on paper. My 2 year old daughter can dribble better than this Paul Pierce wanna be.......oh, are we still on the air? Woops, back to the local weather for today's forecast. Aaron Gottlieb, out."

Contact within Knicks organization(2k Insider): "I got you this chance, which was extremely tough since you missed the Combine, not to worry though. All you have to do is show up and you'll probably be better than half of the guys on my beloved Knicks. You won't be starting and you'll have a short leash to show them what you got. Don't let me down."

Team: New York Knicks
Next Game: Bobcats(1 of 6)

I'll write up what happens in the game from a 1st person perspective to give it a more personal feel. Now, to go play it.

Last edited by K-oss; 06-11-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:57 AM   #3
Rookie

Okay my first write up, let me know if it's not funny. I tried to add a little personality instead of the dry stat tracking. Let me know if this works.(I actually wrote all this while playing the game lol)

Devin Goodwin's Summer Circuit Debut: Narrated by Me, Devin Goodwin Future HOF'er.

My coach wants me to do 3 things out there on the court tonight.

"Show us you can shoot the 3" (Make at least 1 3pt)
"Show us you can defend" (Limit matchup to 7 points)
"Show us you are a team player" (Teamate grade of C+ or better)

I don't know about this nonsense of me not startin', but it's whateva. I'll make sure he'll start me next time.

1st Quarter

Got subbed in pretty early. Like 1st quarter 4 minutes and 5 seconds early. Yeah, I counted. I'm in at Sg, but minutes are minutes.

A teammate tried to pass to me. It was so bad a pass I only got my fingertips on it, but they give me the Turnover. Hogwash. With 3 minutes left to go in the first they switch me over to my natural position. Small Foward. I snagged a defensive rebound and threw an outlet pass, yet I didn't get the assist. Hogwash.

2nd Quarter

After not bein' included in the offense, to top it off I get subbed out. And then I don't get subbed in until 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. F' it. I'm takin' over. After not gettin my foul call on my layup attempt, I managed to snag my own miss and lay it back up. I get an absolute beaut of a pass from a teammate. I made that pass into an assist as I strolled in for a layup. I tried to steal the fastbreak pass...the ball was slick from the sweat...yeah, that's the reason I didn't get a steal and the reason for my matchup scoring.

Well, it's Knicks 30, Bobcats 29 at halftime since my buzzer beating 3 didn't go down...it's the sweat I tell ya. The sweat!

3rd Quarter

This ignoramous coach did it again. I didn't get put in until 2 minutes were left in the 3rd quarter. They put me at the 2. But, that's alright because I usually have the size advantage. I backed my mandown, faced up, did a simple crossover; easy layup. This makes no sense. Gerald Henderson(the man I'm supposed to guard) got on a fast break, sprinted right past me(Well, I was tired), pushed all the way down the floor, layed it up, got contact, and finished for the And 1. Well.....it wasn't my fault. Damn! I missed another buzzer beater, this time for the 3rd quarter. The ball was slick with sweat I tell ya!

4th Quarter

I'm on fire! 6 straight points. 2 buckets came from my ever evolving post game and my last bucket was another layup on a fast break oppurtunity. I swear my teammates can be the dumbest idiots. After my man blew by me(It was on purpose to set him up to be rejected...honestly) instead of my teammate going for the block he tried to take a charge inside the restricted area. Outcome. Foul And 1.

After the Game Results and Thoughts

Well, the game is over. We won 59 to 50. I failed 2 of my objectives. I didn't make a 3(It was the sweat!!!) and my matchup dropped 12 points on me. I wasn't even guarding him for 8 of those 12 points and the other 4 points came off lucky shots. All I know is, I dropped 18 points, had 5 rebounds and was a superb teammate(A-) Peace out 'till next time.

Game Stats for Devin Goodwin(they were 5 min qtrs for Summer Circuit)

FG: 9/13
3pt: 0/2
Rebounds: 5
Turnovers: 2
Minutes: 14

Last edited by K-oss; 06-11-2010 at 04:03 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:01 AM   #4
Rookie

I'll get in another game tomorrow so be prepared
Old 06-11-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sounds very nice!
Keep it posted!

Hoosiers time!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I like it. Keep it up... By the way what game are you playing?
Old 06-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I like it. Keep it up... By the way what game are you playing?
Game:NBA 2k10
Mode: My Player

I'm glad you and Steve to like it

Finna go get another game in.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just do it!^^ (Ok, it's a slogan from Nike )

Hoosiers time!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »