Home

Milkman41's Charlotte Bobcats Dynasty (2k10)

This is a discussion on Milkman41's Charlotte Bobcats Dynasty (2k10) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Milkman41's Charlotte Bobcats Dynasty (2k10)

NBA Offseason: Mock Draft
1. Grizzlies - PG John Wall
2. Clippers - SG Evan Turner
3. Bucks - PF Derrick Favors
4. Timberwolves - SF Al-Farouq Aminu
5. Kings - PF/C DeMarcus Cousins
6. Thunder - PG Eric Bledsoe
7. Warriors - SF Wesley Johnson
8. 76ers - SG Xavier Henry
9. Heat - PF Donatas Motiejunas
10. Pistons - C Cole Aldrich
11. Bulls - SG Avery Bradley
12. Magic - SF Damion Jones
13. Suns - PF Patrick Patterson
14. Knicks - SG Dominique Jones
15. Jazz - SF Devin Ebanks
16. Rockets - PG Willie Warren
17. Wizards - PF Ed Davis
18. Raptors - SF Da'Sean Butler
19. Nets - SF Jan Vesely
20. Pacers - PG Mikhail Torrance
21. Hawks - PF/C Greg Monroe
22. Mavs - C Hassan Whiteside
23. Celtics - PG Devan Downey
24. Trailblazers - C Larry Sanders
25. Hornets - SG James Anderson
26. Lakers - PF Daniel Orton
27. Nuggets - PF Craig Brackins
28. Bobcats - SG Jordan Crawford
29. Cavs - C Solomon Alabi
30. Spurs - C Dexter Pittman

According to sources, the Bobcats are enamored with both Whiteside and Motiejunas; both of which would require a trade up to draft. The Bobcats are also apparently interested in SF Jan Vesely, PF Ekpe Udoh, PF Greg Monroe, PF Kevin Seraphin, SF Stanley Robinson, and a few others. It appears that, with most positions set for the foreseeable future, the Bobcats are drafting for the future; Whiteside, Motiejunas, and Monroe could serve as the long-term solution at C, and Vesely of Robinson could be the answer at SF once Gerald Wallace leaves.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

Dang Memphis got lucky.

Legacy Roster and Info: http://blakjak12hoops.webs.com/

Go Celtics, Irish, Steelers, and Bobcats!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #19
Pro

NBA Draft
Well, the NBA draft is finally upon us, and the Bobcats have been busy, trading their way closer to the top in an attempt to draft either PF/C Donatas Motiejunas or C Hassan Whiteside, their top two targets in the draft. The Bobcats first traded their 2011 first round pick for the Bulls 2010 1st round pick, #11. The Bobcats then reacquired a 2011 1st round pick by trading C Nazr Mohammed (and his expiring contract) and a 2010 2nd round pick, #51 overall, for the Timberwolves' 2011 1st round pick.

1st Round Recap:
1. Grizzlies - PG John Wall
2. Clippers - SG Evan Turner
3. Bucks - PF Derrick Favors
4. Timberwolves - SF Al-Farouq Aminu
5. Kings - PF/C DeMarcus Cousins
6. Thunder - SF Damion Jones
7. Warriors - SF Wesley Johnson
8. 76ers - SG Xavier Henry
9. Heat - PF Donatas Motiejunas
10. Pistons - C Cole Aldrich
11. Bobcats - C Hassan Whiteside
12. Magic - PF Patrick Patterson
13. Suns - PG Willie Warren
14. Knicks - SG Avery Bradley
15. Jazz - PG Eric Bledsoe
16. Rockets - SG Dominique Jones
17. Wizards - SG James Anderson
18. Raptors - SF Da'Sean Butler
19. Nets - SF Devin Ebanks
20. Pacers - PG Devan Downey
21. Hawks - PF/C Greg Monroe
22. Mavs - C Larry Sanders
23. Celtics - PG Mikhail Torrance
24. Trailblazers - SF Paul George
25. Hornets - PF Ed Davis
26. Lakers - PF Daniel Orton
27. Nuggets - PF Michael Washington
28. Bobcats - SF Jan Vesely
29. Cavs - C Solomon Alabi
30. Spurs - C Jerome Jordan

2nd Round Recap:
1. Timberwolves - C Dexter Pittman
2. Bobcats - PF Kevin Seraphin
3. Kings - SG Jordan Crawford
4. Bulls - PF Ekpe Udoh
5. Nets - PF Craig Brackins
6. Warriors - SG Elliot Williams
7. 76ers - PG Armon Johnson
8. Heat - PG Jerome Dyson
9. Grizzlies - SF Luke Babbitt
10. Pistons - SG J.P. Prince
11. Magic - PF Renardo Sidney
12. Bulls - SG Aubrey Coleman
13. Suns - PF Gani Lawal
14. Jazz - PF Trevor Booker
15. Rockets - SG Manny Harris
16. Knicks - SG Lance Stephenson
17. Nets - PG Greivis Vasquez
18. Hawks - SF Stanley Robinson
19. Pacers - PF Jarvis Varnado
20. Raptors - C Andrew Ogilvy
21. Timberwolves - PG Sherron Collins
22. Mavericks - PG Alexeyy Shved
23. Celtics - SF Vladimir Dasic
24. Trail Blazers - PG Scottie Reynolds
25. Hornets - PG Jon Scheter
26. Lakers - PG Deonta Vaughn
27. Nuggets - PF Luke Harangody
28. Cavaliers - PF Tim Ohlbrecht
29. Kings - SF Quincy Poindexter
30. Spurs - SG Andy Rautins

Bobcats Draft Analysis
With their first round picks, the choice for both was simple; with Donatas Montiejunas off the board, C Hassan Whiteside was the top player left on the Bobcats' board at a position of need. Remember, the Bobcats believe DJ Augustin and George Henderson are their backcourt tandem for years to come, and PF Jason Thompson is the future at the position. SF Gerald Wallace is getting up there in age, which is why the Bobcats then selected SF Jan Vesely with their second 1st round selection. Once again, Vesely was the top player on the board at the time of the pick.

The Bobcats sole 2nd round pick came with a difficult decision; should they draft PF Ekpe Udoh or PF Kevin Seraphin? While Udoh offers better defense, and maybe a higher ceiling, Seraphin offers and outstanding outside game as well as an inside game that rivals Udoh's, and his defense isn't that far behind. This was enough to put him slightly ahead of Udoh in the Bobcats' eyes, and to seal his selection with the 34th overall pick.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Looks like you guys are looking to improve inside huh?

Legacy Roster and Info: http://blakjak12hoops.webs.com/

Go Celtics, Irish, Steelers, and Bobcats!
Old 06-17-2010, 01:55 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakjak12
Dang Memphis got lucky.
They really did, pretty crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakjak12
Looks like you guys are looking to improve inside huh?
Yeah, looking to add pieces inside. I feel good about my PG-SG duo in DJ Augustin and George Henderson. The one place I felt like I really needed help was at center - Camby is a beast, but is limited on the offensive side and getting old. At SF, Gerald Wallace is gettin older, so adding Vesely could help there, plus he's a solid backup and I needed one. Finally, Seraphin was the best player left in my eye (slightly ahead of Ekpe Udoh, another PF), and he has a strong outside game which complements my starter Jason Thomspon. If I had had another 2nd rounder, I might have added a backup PG or PG/SG type of player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #22
Pro

Bobcats wrap up free agency period with 3 signings, 1 trade
The Bobcats have announced the free-agent additions of SG J.J. Redick, PG Rafer Alston, and PF/C Joe Smith. Additionally, the sent SG/SF Jason Kapono and his expiring contract to the Sacramento Kings for a 2010 2nd round pick.

Redick, who averaged 5.2 points per game with the Magic since being picked 11th overall in 2006, signed a 1-year deal worth $464k. Redick is a sharp-shooter with a smooth shooting touch from downtown, and he will be used as an offensive option off the bench.

Smith, the #1 overall pick out of Maryland in the 1995 pick, has bounced around the past couple season, and averaged a career-low 2.2 points per game and 6.1 minutes per game despite playing in all 82 games last season. He continues his slide into obscurity with this signing, as he is the 4th center on the roster, and the coaching staff may be more willing to play the raw Alexis Ajinca, the 10th overall pick in 2008, ahead of Smith. For his career, he has averaged 10.8 PPG and 6.4 RPG. Smith will earn $464k for the next season.

Rafer Alston was the biggest signing of the three, as he becomes the backup point guard behind DJ Augustin, who slides into the starting role with PG Raymond Felton's departure. Alston brings a good defensive game as well as a decent outside touch on offense, and should be the team's sixth man (though this hasn't been decided yet). A 2nd round pick by the Bucks in 1998, Alston will earn $1.37M over the next year.

With the acquisition of SG J.J. Redick and the drafting of SF Jan Vesely, as well as the presence of SG/SF Thabo Sefolosha, Kapono became expendable, and was traded to the Kings for their 2nd rounder in 2010.

The Bobcats now have 14 players under contract for next season, and are $23M under the salary cap.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:35 PM   #23
Pro

Bobcats Season Preview

Depth Chart
Charlotte Bobcats - 2010 Depth Chart
Starter2nd3rd4th5th
PGD.J. AugustinRafer Alston
SGGerald HendersonThabo SefoloshaJ.J. Redick
SFGerald WallaceJan Vesely (R)
PFJason ThompsonKevin Seraphin (R)Vladimir RadmanoviJoe Smith
CMarcus CambyHassan WhitesideAlexis Ajinca

Player Previews
PG D.J. Augustin, Starter. Augustin has flashed potential in his two seasons playing behind PG Raymond Felton since being picked 9th overall in the 2008 draft, and he has seen his production increase each season. His points per game increased from 11.8 to 13.7, and his assists per game increased from 3.5 to 4.2 - all while his minutes actually decreased slightly, from 26.5 minutes per game to 25.8. Although he will most likely never be the defender that Felton was, his already strong shooting touch has increased, as his field goal percentage increased from 42.9% to 48.1%. Look for Augustin to really impress this season.

SG Gerald Henderson, Starter. Henderson, selected 12th overall in the 2009 draft, had a solid rookie season, showing a strong outside shot and great slashing abilities on his way to 10.0 points per game and a field goal percentage of 46.1% in 28.5 minutes per game. He was strong on the fast break last season, and, with the team's shift towards a more uptempo offensive philosophy, he should continue to improve.

SF Gerald Wallace, Starter. Wallace, the 25th overall pick by the Kings in 2001, has established himself as an elite outside defender. Though he doesn't have the greatest outside game, he is a strong finisher near the basket, and he will undoubtedly be asked to carry the team offensively again. Last season, he averaged 15.4 points per game , 6.4 rebounds per game, and 1.8 steals per game in 33.4 minutes per game (his lowest total since 2004-05).

PF Jason Thompson, Starter. Thompson, acquired early in the season, had a solid season, and looks to be the long-term answer at PF for the Bobcats. Last season, his points per game dipped from 11.1 to 10.0, but this undoubtedly had to do with a time in playing time, from 28.1 minutes per game to 25.3. The 12th overall pick by the Kings in 2008, Thompson is a phenomenal rebounder packed with potential who can also provide solid inside defense.

C Marcus Camby, Starter. At 36, Camby is the oldest player on the team, but still provides great defense inside and rebounding. Though his playing time dipped last season to 28.3 minutes per game, he still averaged 10.1 rebounds per game, and is an important member of the team, both ont he court and as a mentor to 2010 1st rounder (11th overall) C Hassan Whiteside.

PG Rafer Alston, Sixth Man. Alston was already profiled in our free-agent section. He will back up DJ Augustin and provide a defensive presence on the perimeter.

SG J.J. Redick, Role Player. Redick was also already profiled in our free-agent section. He will provide offense, particularly beyond the arc, off the bench.

SG/SF Thabo Sefolosha, Role Player. Acquired near the trade deadline last season, Sefolosha provides much-needed perimeter defense to the front-court, and has the size to slide over to SF when necessary. Selected 13th overall by the 76ers in 2006, Sefolosha has yet to flash much of an offensive game, but posted a career-high 47.5% field goal percentage last season. He will be counted upon to provide his signature defense and the occasional bucket on offense.

SF Jan Vesely (R), Role Player. Vesley, drafted with the 28th overall pick in the 2010 draft, Vesely is a big SF (6'11") packed with potential. Vesely has a decent shooting touch, is a decent defender, and is a great rebounder. Vesely will serve as Gerald Wallace's primary backup (although Sefolosha will see some time at the position), and may eventually take over for him when his contract is up. Additionally, Vesely has the size to slide over to PF, although the Bobcats have several bodies there already.

PF Vladimir Radmanovic, Role Player. Radmanovic had a bit of a resurgence last season, as he posted career-highs in 3-point percentage (47.7%) and field-goal percentage (47.6%). Radmanovic, who was drafted 12th overall in 2001 by the Thunder (then the Seattle SuperSonics), is a deadly 3-point shooter, and should reprise his role as sharp-shooter off the bench this season.

PF Kevin Seraphin, Prospect. Seraphin was picked with the 2nd pick in the 2nd round by the Bobcats in the 2010 draft, and, although the team believes believes in his potential, Seraphin will most likely see the bench alot in his first season (he may even be assigned to the D-League to get him consistent minutes). Seraphin is a solid shooter, a decent defender, and is a strong rebounder, which bodes will for his future in the league. At 6'10", 255, Seraphin also has the size to play at C.

PF Joe Smith, Bench Warmer. Like Alston and Redick, Smith was profiled in the free-agent section. Once the 1st overall pick, Smith will most likely not see time unless an injury occurs (or Seraphin is sent to the D-League). Like Seraphin, Smith can also play C.

C Hassan Whiteside, Role Player. Whiteside, the 11th overall pick in 2010, will serve as Marcus Camby's primary backup this season, and should eventually take over at center. At 7'0", Whiteside is a great rebounder, and his offense and defense are both improving - one thing is for sure, and that's his great potential.

C Alexis Ajinca, Prospect. The 20th overall pick in the 2008 draft (the Bobcats now have the 9th, 12th, and 20th overall picks of that draft on the roster), Ajinca has yet to develop his raw tools into something resembling basketball, and may be on his last chance to stick with the team. Ajinca was unimpressive during his time in the D-League last season, but was okay his rookie season (2.3 PPG, 1.0 RPG in 5.9 MPG). Ajinca will be given every chance to impress this season, but may find himself relegated to the bench before too long.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think JJ Redick has earned a 2nd spot on this team with the work he did in Orlando but I guess that's not my choice is it lol. It looks like your pretty stacked defensively between your starters and bench players. Hopefully this teen can hold teams down to low scoring numbers so they don't have to put up high scoring numbers themselves with a less than stellar offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »