Home

Coach Lee: A Unique Story

This is a discussion on Coach Lee: A Unique Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 09:02 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Coach Lee: A Unique Story

2k Sports College Hoops Classic (Rupp Arena)
Alabama A&M Bulldogs (1-0) vs #5 Kentucky Wildcats (1-0)
Coach Lee's private pre-game thoughts:

"It was great getting our first win last night, but now we have a really tough game. Kentucky starts 4 freshman and 1 sophomore, but that's not important because they are 5 very talented players. We need to hit the boards just as hard as we did last night and also shoot better."

Adam Young once again wins the tip for the Bulldogs and gets the opening basket for his team. What happened next would shock everybody in attendance or watching on tv. Kentucky would struggle with their shot and the Bulldogs were on fire. The result? A 15-0 lead for the Bulldogs, resulting in a timeout by John Calipari. After the timeout, the Wildcats would recover, going on a 13-0 run to cut the Bulldog lead to 2 at 15-13. Coach Lee would call 2 timeouts during the run. The Bulldogs would finally settle back down and would go back up by 8 at 24-16 and would go into the half with a 33-28 lead. Bo Amusa led the Bulldogs with 9 points, 5 rebounds and Adam Young chipped in 7 points, 4 rebounds. The Wildcats were led by Terrance Jones with 8 points, 6 rebounds and Doron Lamb with 8 points. Rebounds were even at 17.

The 2nd half saw the Bulldogs open up a 10 point lead at 41-31. It seemed like everytime Kentucky made a run, it would be ended by Bo Amusa hitting a big shot for the Bulldogs. The Wildcats were set to prove that they weren't going down without a fight though. They made yet another run and would even take the lead, their first lead of the game, with this one at 59-57. The Bulldogs would keep their poise though and would retake the lead at 60-59 on a Bo Amusa 3. The 2 teams would battle back and forth heading into the final minute of the game, when Kentucky would hold a 70-69 lead. With 0:42, a Cornelius Hester shot clanked off the rim into the hands of Kentucky freshman Brandon Knight, who was immediately fouled. Knight went to the line and calmly sank the first freethrow, but missed the 2nd and Bo Amusa would secure the rebound. The Bulldogs got into their offense quickly and found Adam Young inside for an easy basket to tie the game at 71 with 26 seconds left. Kentucky called a timeout and set up what would probably be the game winning shot. With 6 seconds left, Doron Lamb would pull up for an 18-foot shot, but it was short and Johnathan Inman would pull down the board and Coach Lee would call a timeout with 1.9 seconds remaining. The Bulldogs would inbound the ball to Bo Amusa at halfcourt who took 1 dribble and threw up the halfcourt shot. The crowd was silent, but nobody seemed to hear the buzzer go off as the ball sailed through the air. Then the air is sucked out of the arena as the unbelievable shot got through the net, giving the Bulldogs the upset win over the #5 Kentucky Wildcats. Bo Amusa was mobbed at halfcourt by his teammates and an ecstatic Coach Lee.

The Bulldogs were led by none other than Bo Amusa with 21 points, 9 rebounds. Adam Young chipped in 17 points and 4 rebounds. The Wildcats were led by Doron Lamb with 20 points and Terrance Jones 18 points, 8 rebounds. Brandon Knight struggled with his shot, scoring just 3 points on 3 freethrows, but he did have 16 assists. The Bulldogs held their own on the boards, just barely losing that battle 31-30.

Coach Lee's comments:

"Well I clearly didn't expect to be talking about a win tonight. Kentucky is an amazing team and any win against them is huge. When we lost the lead, I seriously thought we'd lost the game. Then we get to the last play and we're in good shape as we knew we were at least going to overtime if we didn't make the miracle shot. When Bo released the shot, I thought it looked good and was hoping it was good, but I was already making a plan for overtime, knowing that Kentucky was going to come out and try to ride the momentum of the comeback to victory. Then the shot went in and I had kind of a delayed reaction. Our whole team had already tackled Bo before I even moved."

The upset win over Kentucky sets up a matchup with the UConn Huskies (2-0) in Madison Square Garden. The Huskies advanced to this game by beating Morgan State 71-58 and Buffalo 75-71. The other game at MSG features the #3 Memphis Tigers against the Oklahoma Sooners.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thrilling win against Kentucky! What a win to start the season.

Legacy Roster and Info: http://blakjak12hoops.webs.com/

Go Celtics, Irish, Steelers, and Bobcats!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #11
Rookie

Great stuff, I enjoyed reading your legacy over at the 2ksports forum and I look forward to this one.

Nice way to start the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakjak12
Thrilling win against Kentucky! What a win to start the season.
Thanks. It was definitely thrilling. I think that was the best finish I've had so far in the several years I've been playing the game. I mean, I've hit last 2nd shots before, but never a halfcourt shot at the buzzer. Also, usually when I'm the less skilled of the 2 teams, I usually miss the shot and either lose or go to overtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtySix
Great stuff, I enjoyed reading your legacy over at the 2ksports forum and I look forward to this one.

Nice way to start the season.
Thanks a lot man! Hopefully I can keep it interesting for you and everybody else.

Going into the Kentucky game, I seriously thought I'd get blown out by at least 25. I mean, who would have given my team any chance? Had I not jumped out to the 15-0 lead, I probably would have been beaten pretty bad, but instead I got off to a quick start and they had to play catch-up all game. Maybe I can do it again against UConn.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #13
Rookie

2k Sports College Hoops Classic
Semi-Final (Madison Square Garden)
Alabama A&M Bulldogs (2-0) vs UConn Huskies (2-0)

"We've had some really great practices since our upset of Kentucky. I'm hoping the great practices carry over into the game. UConn isn't as talented as Kentucky is as a team, but UConn has some very talented players still and they have something that Kentucky doesn't have, experience."

This game would have us see something that we haven't seen yet this season. Alabama A&M would fall behind early 9-2, resulting in a quick Coach Lee timeout. Out of the timeout, the Bulldogs would battle back and would even tie the game at 14. Over the next several minutes, UConn would take the lead and Alabama A&M would tie it up, but the Bulldogs would only lead at one point, 23-22. After the Bulldogs would tie the game at 29, UConn would go on a 7-0 run and would then ride the momentum to a 50-35 halftime lead. Adam Youn led the Bulldogs in scoring with 8 points and Casey Cantey had 6 points and 4 rebounds. The Bulldogs would have no answer for UConn freshman Roscoe Smith, who would have 17 points in the half. Donnell Beverly also had 11 points for the Huskies.

The 2nd half opened with the Bulldogs coming out with a lot of intensity and the 15 point halftime deficit was quickly cut to 8 points at 52-44, but UConn would answer with a 20-8 run to take a 20 point lead at 72-52. The Bulldogs would have a final run in them and would cut the lead to 8 one more time, this time at 84-76. UConn would finish the game on an 11-0 run though to win the game 95-76. UConn's Roscoe Smith would lead all scorers with 31 points. Donnell Beverly would add 21 points for the Huskies. Alabama A&B was lead by Casey Cantey with 15 points, 8 rebounds and Adam Youn with 11 points, 5 rebounds. The Huskies won the rebounding battle 32-24.

Coach Lee's comments:

"We played hard and with a lot of effort tonight, but UConn was just too good for us. No matter what we tried defensively, we couldn't slow down Smith. I'm proud of the way we fought though. Despite the loss, I'm pretty satisfied with our performance tonight."

The #3 Memphis Tigers defeated the Oklahoma Sooners 76-71 to advance to the 2k Sports College Hoops Classic championship game. The Oklahoma Sooners (3-1) will take on the Alabama A&M Bulldogs (2-1) in the 3rd place game.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #14
Rookie

2k Sports College Hoops Classic
3rd place game (Madison Square Garden)
Alabama A&M Bulldogs (2-1) vs Oklahoma Sooners (3-1)

"Obviously, we were going to lose eventually so now it's time to see how we react to a loss. Oklahoma must be a pretty good team. They looked amazing against Memphis, but couldn't quite pull off the upset. Hopefully we can get off to a quick start and maybe pull off an upset of our own."

The Sooners would come out and hit a game-opening 3, but the Bulldogs would follow it up with an 11-0 run to take an 11-3 lead. Oklahoma would work they way back to tie it up at 16 and then the Bulldogs would go on a 14-0 run led by Cornelius Hester, who had 12 points during the run. Oklahoma would end the half on a 10-2 run to go into the half down just 6 at 32-26. Cornelius Hester led the Bulldogs in scoring with 12 points while Desmond Jackson chipped in 5 of his own. Cade David led the Sooners with 13 points. Orlando Allen, while not having much luck scoring, dominated the boards as he pulled down 7 boards, but would only score 2 points in the half. Despite Allen's presence on the boards, the Bulldogs were only down 17-15 in rebounds.

The Sooners would open the 2nd half with an 11-2 run, giving them a 21-4 run overall. This run would give them a 37-34 lead just minutes into the 2nd half. It was very apparent early in the 2nd half that the Bulldogs offense wasn't as efficient as it had been in the 1st half. The Sooners were rolling though. They would build up an 8 point lead at 48-40, which the Bulldogs would cut to 48-45. The Bulldogs would never get any closer though as they just couldn't hit enough shots and the Sooners would go on to win the game 72-62. Cornelius Hester would lead the Bulldogs with 18 points and Adam Young would finish with 12 points, 9 rebounds. The Sooners were led in scoring by Cameron Clark with 25. Cade Davis finished with 24 points, 8 rebounds. Orlando Allen would finish with just 8 points, but 15 rebounds while the Sooners won the rebounding battle 34-27.

Coach Lee's comments:

"In the first half, we were very good. We knocked down shots, passed the ball well, and defended very well. In the 2nd half, the shots wouldn't fall for us, but it seemed like they could hit anything they threw up. I think we started rushing things after they made that big run to end the first half. With our offense, we need to be more patient. We can't afford to rush and we definitely can't afford to rush and miss shots. Hopefully we can get back on track for game #2 against Kentucky tomorrow night."

The UConn Huskies won the 2k Sports College Hoops Classic championship by defeating the #3 Memphis Tigers 101-88.

With the Alabama A&M Bulldogs losing 2 straight games, they now have to head back to Rupp Arena to take on the #5 Kentucky Wildcats for the 2nd time this season. The Wildcats are looking to avenge a loss to the Bulldogs in their last game and have had a full week to prepare for the rematch.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think you're still doing well considering the competition you have faced. Your schedule so far this season has been brutal.

Legacy Roster and Info: http://blakjak12hoops.webs.com/

Go Celtics, Irish, Steelers, and Bobcats!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #16
Rookie

Alabama A&M Bulldogs (2-2) vs #5 Kentucky Wildcats (1-1)
Rupp Arena

"No matter what happens in this game, we should feel pretty good about ourselves knowing that we've already beat this team once here. I look for them to be mad and come out looking to put us away early. We need to stay as close as possible for as long as possible and maybe we can beat them again."

The first few minutes of the game saw the teams going back and forth, but it was very clear in those opening minutes that the Bulldogs weren't going to be intimidated by these Wildcats. With the Wildcats holding a 9-8 lead, the Bulldogs would go on a 13-2 run to take a 22-11 lead. The Bulldogs would shock the crowd by taking a 17 point lead late in the half at 45-28. The Wildcats would end the half on a 12-2 run to go into the break down 47-40. Jabari DeShields led the Bulldogs in scoring with 12 points while Bo Amusa chipped in 11. Darius Miller led the Wildcats with 16 points and Stacey Poole had 7. Despite the Wildcats struggles, they did win the rebounding battle in the half 16-12.

The second half opened with the Bulldogs on a 6-0 run to build the lead back up to 13. The Wildcats appeared to be completely stunned as they never recovered from this run and the Bulldogs would dominate the 2nd half to go on to a 94-76 victory, their 2nd victory of the season against the Wildcats in Rupp Arena. The Bulldogs had 5 scorers in double figures, led by Cornelius Hester with 19 pts and Jabari DeShields with 18 points, 6 assists. Adam Young had his 2nd double-double of the season with 12 points, 11 rebounds. The Wildcats were led by Darius Miller with 20 points and Terrence Jones had 15 points, 10 rebounds. Alabama A&M dominated the boards in the 2nd half to win the rebounding battle for the game 33-29.

Coach Lee's Comments:

"Wow! I can't believe we've beaten this team twice. The first time was amazing, but to win like we did tonight, that's really unbelievable. We played extremely well in every aspect of the game tonight and have earned this win."

The Alabama A&M BUlldogs (3-2) head to the Stan Sheriff Center to compete in the Hawaiian Invitational, where they will take on the Marquette Golden Eagles (1-1) in the opening round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »