Home

The Team With No King: A Cleveland Cavaliers Association

This is a discussion on The Team With No King: A Cleveland Cavaliers Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Team With No King: A Cleveland Cavaliers Association

Losing Lebron was tough.

New head coach Byron Scott said that he is the perfect man to coach the Cavs and he also said that this wasn't a rebuilding a team. But everyone knows it needs rebuilding. There is no star, and we desperately need one.

However, last time around we made the mistake of getting a star and a bunch of role players. I guarantee it won't happen again.

System: PS3
Sliders : Simulation
Game: NBA 2k11
Season Length: 29 games
Playoffs : 5 Games in Round 1, 7 Games in the rest
Team Chemistry: On
Player Roles: On
Trade Deadline: On
Trade Override: Off
Allow CPU Trades: On
Injuries: On
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Sim-Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Difficulty: All-Star
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Team With No King: A Cleveland Cavaliers Association

2010-2011 Season Preview
The Cavs roster is stacked... with role players. I don't think anyone can step up and make a huge difference to the team. Let's take a closer look:

Point Guard
We have Mo Williams, Ramon Sessions and Daniel Gibson. None of these guys is a star. Mo Williams has a huge contract, but we can only get rid of it in two years (possibly three if Mo exercises his option) As it stands though, Mo is going to be the starting point guard in the beggining of the season. Since Gibson and Sessions are also talented and I can't give minutes to everyone, look for one of the three point guards to be traded this season.

Shooting Guard
Anthony Parker is old. He's also in his final contract year. He's not going to develop any more either. Since we don't have anyone better, I'll have Manny Harris starting. Why not give the kid a chance? Why not let him develop his skills? Maybe it's a mistake to pull the trigger on him, but Anthony Parker isn't bringing anything in the future. Manny Harris can be a solid player in the future. Parker is still going to get some minutes though.

Small Forward
Between Jamario Moon and Joey Graham, I'll take Jamarion Moon. He can shoot and produce some awesome highlights. However, since Hickson will be the starting Power Forward, I'm going to take a gamble and try to adapt Antawn Jamison to a Small Forward. He's going to be a starter. He's probably going to be gone in two years, and he has a horrible contract, but this seems like it could work.

Power Forward
Hickson is going to be an All-Star in the future, and one of the best Power Forwards in the NBA. I'm going to have him starting, and I hope he develops his shooting ability as well as his defense. Right now he's just an athlete. I need him to turn into a real player. Hickson is probably the guy that I have more faith on.

Center
Ryan Hollins and Anderson Varejao. Varejao is going to get tons of minutes because of his defense and all-around ability that basically destroys Hollins. Hollins will still have a chance though.

Goals for the season
-Make the playoffs, doesn't matter if it's an eight seed (it probably will be)
-Have a player win the Most Improved Player Award (Hickson)
-Get draft picks
-Balance the roster and get good assets
-Try a lot of different stuff and find a strategy that works
-Make no mistakes (can't afford to lose many games in a 29 game season)

Next up: Washington Wizards @ Cleveland Cavaliers
Old 01-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: The Team With No King: A Cleveland Cavaliers Association

Mo gets 11 assists, Hickson gets 24 points, Cavs destroy Wizards in season opener

Oct 13, 2010 - WAS at CLE
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Washington Wizards (0-1)2023212185
Cleveland Cavaliers (0-0)25233432114
Cleveland Cavaliers
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Mo Williams328-190-10-081112416
Manny Harris256-100-05-62001117
Antawn Jamison337-160-10-22110014
JJ Hickson368-130-08-914001124
Anderson Varejao375-70-00-012311210
BENCHMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Daniel Gibson144-92-30-01500110
Anthony Parker154-91-10-0111009
Joey Graham103-40-00-0311016
Jamario Moon172-60-10-3821115
Alonzo Gee91-10-01-2100003
Leon Powe140-10-00-0610000
Ramon Sessions40-00-00-0100030
TEAM TOTALS48-953-715-2259266614114

'The Cavaliers seem right on track after their big win over the Wizards. The Cavs took the lead early on and never looked back, playing great offense and great defense, especially in the second half where they scored 66 points against the Wizards' 42.'
Cavs.com

What a big win for us. I expected to win, but not by that many points. We absolutely destroyed the Wizards on both end of the court, and we held rookie John Wall to a miserable performance in his first NBA Game. Rashard Lewis also went 0-14 from 3 PT Range.

The player of the game has to be J.J. Hickson. He got 24 points and 14 rebounds, and while I know Mo Williams was only two rebounds short of a triple-double, Hickson's performance was better. (I was really surprised at Mo getting 2 blocks, the team's highest.)

Mo's shooting wasn't that great even though he got 16 points, and he turned the ball over 4 times. I don't care if he got 11 assists, 4 turnovers isn't good. However all those were in the first quarter, where he was also held scoreless, so maybe he was just finding his rhythm.

Hickson was just too good. 14 boards is great. His shooting was excellent, and he did well at the free throw line. His defense still needs a lot of work, as well as his outside shooting, but Hickson is going to be fine.

The most disappointing players have to be Ramon Sessions and Antawn Jamison. Sessions played 4 minutes in the 2nd quarter where he turned the ball over three times. He didn't get any more minutes. Maybe next game.

Jamison was decent. He got 14 points in a 7-16 shooting display. He lacked the rebounding however. He played 33 minutes and only grabbed two boards. He didn't even box out on the defensive glass.

The other Small Forward though, Jamario Moon looks like he can take the starting position (and get Jamison traded along with his contract). He played 17 minutes and got 5 points on 2-6 shooting. That isn't too good. But he got 8 rebounds. On 17 minutes.

He also produced a spectacular moment. Hinrich looks scared in this image. He didn't even try to defend!

Manny Harris was great. That's all. Just look at his stats and tell me if that isn't great for his first NBA Game. I don't think he will get Rookie of the Year, but you never know.

The best bench player was Daniel Gibson getting a 3-point buzzer beater at the end of the 3rd quarter along with an impressive all-around performance.

The best defender was Varejao.

Next up we'll face the Bobcats on the road. This team looked good tonight, but will it be up to the challenge? Stay tuned

Thoughts after the game:
-Jamison doesn't seem to have a future on the team
-Manny Harris might be better than I expected
-Ramon Sessions needs to find his offense
-Anthony Parker is a really solid player, but this shows he's a perfect bench player, not a starter

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!

Last edited by hbkfc23; 01-13-2011 at 05:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »