Home

Chi-Town's Finest - Chicago Bulls Dynasty

This is a discussion on Chi-Town's Finest - Chicago Bulls Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Chi-Town's Finest - Chicago Bulls Dynasty

Welcome to "Chi-Town's Finest". A Chicago Bulls dynasty done by yours truly.

This is my first NBA dynasty. I've had a few NFL ones but got bored with Madden and never reached the playoffs with either team.

I plan to keep this going as long as I can and hope to bring another championship to Chicago.

Game: NBA2k11 (PS3)
Season Length: 82 games
Quarter Length: 12 mins.
Sliders: Custom
Team: Chicago Bulls
Pre-Season: Off

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
Rookie

CHI @ OKC - Oct 27, 2010

Let's not waste any time.

----------------

(0-0) @ (0-0)

Chicago Bulls 100 @ Oklahoma City Thunder 99
October 27th, 2010

Leaders:Points: D. Rose: 26
Rebounds: J. Noah: 16
Assists: D. Rose: 14
Player of the Game: D. Rose: 26 pts, 6 rbds, 14 asts, stl
Injuries: Luol Deng: Sore knee, day-to-day.

Chicago, Ill. -- It wasn't expected to be as close as it was. It wasn't supposed to have the outcome it did. But thats just it.. it did.

Chicago kept the game close all night, even though Kevin Durant put up over 40 points and kept nailing 3-pointers.

It was the play of Derrick Rose - 26 points, 6 rebounds, career high 14 assists and a steal - that helped Chicago pull off the victory. They got a game winning basket in the final seconds from Rose to pull off the victory.

Chicago (1-0) goes home to play the Pistons (1-0) next.

Last edited by Downgoesfrazier; 03-05-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Rookie

DET @ CHI - Oct 30, 2010

(1-0) @ (1-0)

Detroit Pistons 94 @ Chicago Bulls 103
October 30th, 2010

Leaders:
Rebounds: J. Noah: 20
Assists: D. Rose: 14
Player of the Game: D. Rose: 46 pts, 9 rbds, 14 asts, stl, blk
Injuries: None.

Chicago, Ill. -- This was what Bulls fans were waiting for. A career day from shining star Derrick Rose - career high 46 points, 9 rebounds, tied career high with 14 assists, steal and a block - along with a victory that wasn't as close as the box score looks.

It was Chicago all day. They nailed countless three pointers and dominated in almost every aspect of the game - both offensively and defensively. Noah grabbed 20 boards and Kyle Korver had some key three pointers that piled onto a lead that was carved into with garbage time left.

Derrick Rose continued to add turnovers to his stat column, however, something he wasn't too proud of. "What I have? 7 turnovers today? Unacceptable. I can go off for 40 or whatever points, but I don't like or want to see one turnover under my name. It happens, but 7? I gotta work on that. It was a great win, though. Guys stepped up and we're 2-0 now heading into November" Rose said.

Chicago (2-0) stays home to play the new-look Trail Blazers (2-1) with Gerald Wallace on November 1st.

PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:
EAST:

Derrick Rose - Chicago

WEST:

Kobe Bryant - Los Angeles Lakers

Last edited by Downgoesfrazier; 03-07-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:46 AM   #4
Rookie

POR @ CHI - Nov 1, 2010

(2-1) @ (2-0)

Portland Trailblazers 130 @ Chicago Bulls 133 (2OT)
November 1st, 2010

Leaders:
Rebounds: J. Noah/C. Boozer: 12
Assists: D. Rose: 20
Player of the Game: D. Rose: 50 pts, 6 rbds, 20 asts, 4 stls
Injuries: None.

Chicago, Ill. -- It was the most thrilling game of the season so far.

The Bulls were down by as much as 12, but came back in the 2nd quarter within 2. They went on a run and lead by 3 with less than a second left. Then Portland inbounded the ball and got an amazing 3 pointer to tie it up and send the game to OT.

From there the Trailblazers seemed to have the game won up by as much as 9 with under 2:00 left. The Bulls went on a rage and tied it up with a Derrick Rose layup with a second left to send it to it's second overtime.

It was the second overtime that both teams traded blows. The Bulls, however got the upper hand late and were up by 6. Portland got a three, and had a chance but with under 2 seconds left the half-court shot, although it was very close to going in, popped out and the Bulls won their third straight game.

Derrick Rose had his best game of his career, getting 50 points, 20 assists (both career highs), as well as 6 rebounds and 4 steals.

Michael Jordan may be the only one of his kind, but Derrick Rose has definitely cemented himself as the Bulls next big thing.

Rose attempted 29 free throws. He scored 26 of his points from the line.

Luol Deng had a very sore knee. That didn't stop him from pulling off his best career game, either. He scored 32 points, had 10 rebounds and got an assist, steal as well as a block.

This Bulls team seems like the real deal. They're 3-0 and take on the traveling Knicks (1-2) on Thursday, November 4th.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:06 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: POR @ CHI - Nov 1, 2010

Liked your Madden ones so I'll be following this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #6
Rookie

Re: POR @ CHI - Nov 1, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichettehappens
Liked your Madden ones so I'll be following this
Thanks. That's high praise for me, since I loved your Bills franchise. Gotta check out your Cavs one now, too!

With the combo of awesome sliders, and this amazing game i'm having the most fun I've ever had with a sports franchise. I might get into Madden in the spring, but got bored of it a few times already.

I can't wait to see what the off-season is like in 2k11. I've never played an NBA association mode besides this one so I look forward to it.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
Rookie

NYK @ CHI - Nov 4, 2010

(2-2) @ (3-0)

New York Knicks 119 @ Chicago Bulls 101
November 4th, 2010

Leaders:
Rebounds: L. Deng: 12
Assists: D. Rose: 13
Player of the Game: A. Stoudemire: 22 pts, 14 reb, ast, 2 stl, 3 blk
Injuries: D. Rose: Broken Ankle - Out 6-8 weeks. C. Boozer: Back Spasms - Hurt 1-2 weeks.

Chicago, Ill. -- Chicago just got a wake-up call.

Their franchise player Derrick Rose broke his ankle and will miss several weeks of action.

Carlos Boozer suffered an injury which led to back spasms which will limit his action for 1-2 weeks as well.

Two of their biggest players are either not at 100% or are completely out.

Thats just the start.

They lost to New York 119-101 in an awful showing on all sides of the ball. They couldn't stop a nose bleed and couldn't buy a break. Turnovers, missed shots, no patience and just an overall bad showing led to their first loss of the season which will not be getting any easier with Rose out for a few weeks.

Just when Bulls fans thought they were getting back to being a powerhouse, they get a kick in the face.

Rose was unavailable for comment after the game.

"It's a huge loss. Derrick has been our go-to guy and obviously our biggest playmaker. This is a wake-up call for everyone else on the team that they need to step up and make plays and execute more from here on out" coach said.

Chicago (3-1) goes to Boston tomorrow night to play a hot Celtics (3-2) team.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #8
Rookie

ESPN.com Breaking News!

ESPN.com BREAKING NEWS

Chicago Bulls PG and franchise player Derrick Rose suffered a broken ankle in Thursdays loss to New York.

ROSE OUT 6-8 WEEKS

ESPN.com -- Chicago Bulls PG and franchise player Derrick Rose will miss 6-8 weeks of action due to a broken ankle he suffered Thursday in Chicago's loss to New York.

The injury occured as he drove in for a layup to bring the game within one possession in the 3rd quarter. He landed awkwardly as he missed the shot but earned a chance for 2 free throws as the Knicks were fouled.

Obviously Rose couldn't get up to go to the line, and will not see the court for nearly 2 months, according to team doctors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »