Home

CH 2K8 "The Rebirth of a Legend" Coach BJ Derozan

This is a discussion on CH 2K8 "The Rebirth of a Legend" Coach BJ Derozan within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #17
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: CH 2K8 "The Rebirth of a Legend" Coach BJ Derozan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Okay guys I am caught up now. Starting with the WAC tourney I will be posting boxscores and doing more of my regular game style recap.

I hope to get the tourney played Friday night and if I am lucky to make post season play, get that up on Sat night, starting the new season next week going back to a game by game recap, including updates Nationally with recruiting news on the Created Recruits.

I will plan on posting a big recruiting recap on this season after my season ends.
Can't Wait! *in my Bart Scott of the Jets voice*
Old 03-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #18
Rookie

CalBears's Arena

OVR: 4

Deuce it's nice to have you back. Hopefully you can take Boise to prominence, even if you did have a tough time in Year 1. You should be hoping NMSU gets upset, because they look like they'll be a tough match-up in a potential semifinal. I smell revenge with FSU

Where was Jimmer when you played BYU?
Old 03-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalBears
Deuce it's nice to have you back. Hopefully you can take Boise to prominence, even if you did have a tough time in Year 1. You should be hoping NMSU gets upset, because they look like they'll be a tough match-up in a potential semifinal. I smell revenge with FSU

Where was Jimmer when you played BYU?

Jimmer was hurt.

I got Nevada in the 1st Round, I forgot to look ahead to see who I will play but I am going to guess it will be New Mexico State or Fresno if I make the finals.

I actually am okay with 17 wins before Tourney play. I have the ability to win 3 or more games still and finish with 20+ wins on the year which would be amazing but at this point I am just happy to be over .500 and finish #2 in the WAC and get a possible NIT bid.

I am really looking forward to finishing up recruiting. I am a heated battle over a couple of guys. If I land them I will have a amazing Freshman class and a team that can compete for the next 4 years, but If I strike out, then I am going to be stuck going into next season with 6 or 7 scholarship kids and a bunch of walkons and hope for a great class in 2012.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

WAC TOURNAMENT BRACKET

OPENING ROUND
San Jose State-62 Idaho-52

QUARTER FINALS

#8 San Jose State-72 VS #1 Fresno State-70
"With the loss the #1 seed is upset. Fresno State will have to settle for a NIT bid."

#4 Hawaii-66 VS #5 La Tech-59
"The Warriors pull out the win will take on San Jose State in the Semi Finals"

#6 Utah State-70 VS #3 New Mexico State-67
"The PreSeason favorites come to life in the tourney knocking off the hometown team to advance to the Semi Finals"

#2 VS #7

Boise State would take a 43-37 lead into the locker room led by P. Noonon who would hit 3/3 3pt to score 9 pts in the 1st half. Both Noonon and leading score D. Montreal would find themselves on the bench for most of the 2nd half with 4 fouls giving up playing time to backup PG/SG Trey Nicholas and RS FR 7'0 I. Oetjen. Both players would respond with great games as Nicholas hit 2/4 from 3pt to score 10 pts off the bench and Oetjen came through with a team high/season high/career high 11 pts to help lead the Broncos to the win. Nevada made it intersesting hitting back to back 3's under 20 seconds to play to make it a 3pt game, but PG L. Anderson hit a 3/4 FT to seal the win.

FINAL SCORE BSU-74 NEVADA-71

KEY PLAYERS
SF R. Arnold-11 pts 7 reb 2/3 3pt
SG P. Noonon-9 pts 3/3 3pt
C S. Hicks-8 pts 13 reb
Backup PG/SG T. Nicholas-10 pts 2/4 3pt
Backup C- I Oetjen-11 pts 4/11 3/6 FT

SG M. Story-23 pts 8 reb 9/18 FG 2/4 3pt
PG D. Burton-10 pts 7 asst 4/10 FG 2/6 3pt

SEMI FINALS

#4 HAWAII-57 #8 San Jose State-55
"The Spartans fall short in their attempt to make the Championship game as a #8 seed, now the question remains will the Warriors make a post season tourney for the 1st time in 10 years"

#2 VS #6

It's not very often that a team can sweep their opponent over 3 games, and with their loss to BSU at Taco Bell on Senior Night fresh in their minds the Aggies had plans to make up for their horrible season by winning the WAC tourney and going to the "Big Dance" where they felt they belonged.

Utah State would take a 41-35 lead at the half as T. Wesley scored 11 pts to lead the way, but 2nd half fouls would send Wesley to the bench and the Broncos would jump on the advantage. Fouls plagued the Broncos as well, but it turned out to be a good thing. With SR SF R. Arnold out of the game with 5 fouls, Coach Derozan went big moving SR PF D. Montreal to SF and starting center FR S. Hicks to the PF inserting the 7'0 FR I. Oetjen in the middle once again. With Wesley on the bench, Sam Hicks dominated his defender scoring a season high 22 pts and grabbed 11 rebounds for his 6th double double of the year and Montreal played great as well scoring 12 pts in the 2nd half to finish with a team high 18 pts and added 8 rebounds, but the hero of the night belonged to Paul Noonon. Noonon would tie Montreal for team high in points at 18 each, but it was the last 3 that were the most important. Down by 1 with 18 seconds to play, Coach Derozan called in the play. The ball would work into the post to Hicks but after the double team, Hicks would kick the ball back outside to a wideopen Noonon would with 4.2 seconds to play would hit the game winner. Utah State would fire off a last second 3pt shoot to try and win the game but the ball would fall short. The Broncos were going to the "SHIP", well at least the WAC Championship

FINAL SCORE BSU-79 UTAH STATE-76

KEY PLAYERS
SG P. Noonon-18 pts 6/14 FG 3/7 3pt
PF D. Montreal-18 pts 8 reb 7/10 FG
C S. Hicks-22 pts 11 reb

PF N. Bandall-16 pts 14 reb 6/11 FG
PF T. Wesley-13 pts 4/7 2/4 3pt
PG B. Pane-16 pts 5/11 FG 2/4 3pt

CHAMPIONSHIP

#2 (19-12) VS #4 (15-12)

Like Utah State, the Broncos earned a sweep over the Warriors durning the regular season (82-77 in Hawaii and 69-64 at Taco Bell Arena).

But it has been 10 years since Hawaii has played in a NCAA Tourney and for SR PG Hiram Thompson it would be his last chance. However Thompson would pickup up 2 early fouls and find himself on the bench for most of the 1st half, so 6'6 JR Z. Johnson chose to pickup the slack. Johnson would score a team high 14 pts in the 1st half hitting 4/6 from downtown to help the Warriors take a 43-39 lead into the half.

In the 2nd half the Bronco "D" would take over holding the Warriors to just 27 pts and Johnson to just 2/4 from 3pt. Down by 4 pts with less then a minute to play, BSU would get back to back baskets by FR S. Hicks to tie the game with 12 seconds to play. Hawaii would hold for the last shot, but Johnson's 3pt would fall short and this game was going to Overtime!!

In the Overtime Period, it was the Broncos bench who would deliver. 7'0 FR I. Oejten would tie his career high of 11 pts by scoring 8 in the extra period and the Bronco "D" would smother the Warriors shot attempts as the Broncos scored 16-2 in the OT period to take home the Championship Hardware!!!!!

FINAL SCORE BSU-86 HAWAII-72

KEY PLAYERS
PG L. Anderson-18 pts 8/13 FG
PF D. Montreal-18 pts 10 reb
C S. Hicks-17 pts 11 reb (7th DD)
Backup PG/SG T. Nicholas-12 pts 2/6 3pt
Backup C I. Oetjen-11 pts 7-7 FT

SG Z. Johnson-22 pts 8 reb 7/14 FG 6/11 3pt
FR SF T. Wiseman-13 pts 3/6 FG 2/4 3pt

Coach Derozan "I am really proud of the guy's tonight. This is a huge step for our program. To be able to win 20 games, a WAC Championship and be headed to the NCAA Tourney is a dream we talked about but to be honest never considered a possibility. We have had guy's step up and for us to continue to win we will need a entire team effort"

UP NEXT SELECTION SUNDAY. WHO WILL THE BRONCOS FACE??

Last edited by Deuce2223; 03-03-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #21
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

here u go
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great to see you getting back into it.

Well done on winning the WAC tournament and I look forward to seeing where you can take this team.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #23
JJ4
Rookie

OVR: 4

You know I'm Following I'm still debating on whether or not to post mine here

Old 03-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Nice run to win the WAC Tournament and get in the Big Dance!

JJ4: Just to let you know, you are not allowed to have pictures in your signature here at OS. If one of the mods see you, they will give you a warning, so I recommend you get rid of it. Thanks!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...12-2010-a.html

Quote:
Avatars have a limit of 100KB and there are no exceptions. Also, note that Avatars are subject to the same rules regarding adult content as any other image - they must be kept at a PG level, or will be removed. This rules includes scantily clad women/men and everything covered in this TOS. We do not allow any images in a user's signature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »