Home

CH 2K8 "The Rebirth of a Legend" Coach BJ Derozan

This is a discussion on CH 2K8 "The Rebirth of a Legend" Coach BJ Derozan within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
CH 2K8 "The Rebirth of a Legend" Coach BJ Derozan

System-Xbox360
Rosters-Raidersfan???
Settings-RSpencer for now
Halfs-20 mins
Legacy Type-Open with a Twist

Rules

Recruiting-
Can't recruit a 4* prospect until I play in a NCAA Tourney
Can't recruit a 5* prospect until I reach a the Elite 8.

Attribute Points
I will start out out Coach Derozan with these Attributes
Overall C+
Offense C+
Defense C
Teaching C
Scouting C+
Charisma B+
Discipline C

(I was only give the ability to add 1 point in Year 1 and 2 points in Year 2, I am not sure why. I accomplished several of the normal goals of a closed legacy, like about .500, 20+ wins, win Conference, Make a NCAA tourney, Win a NCAA tourney game, recruit a world player ect..)

Coaching Goals

Coach Derozan will stay at BSU until I make at least 5 NCAA tourney's and must make the Final 4 at least 1 time. I plan on then jumping to a BCS Conference probably the Pac-10.. Toward the end of my career I will go back and take over a small school and try and build them into a powerhouse like I did with UC Davis in the past.

Created Recruits

I will be taking created recruits from board members, I will make a seperate thread where you can give me the info. I will then comment on their recruiting process as well as give stat updates throughout their career.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 03-28-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Re: CH 2K8 "The Rebirth of a Legend" Coach BJ Derozan

Final 4 for 2011
(#10 W. Virginia, #2 UNC, #3 Oregon, #4 Arizona)

National Champs 2011
#10 W. Virginia

2011 NIT Champs
Bucknell over Missouri

Final 4 for 2012
(#1 Duke,#2 Kansas,#3 Memphis #2 Louisville)

National Champs 2012
#1 Duke

2012 NIT CHAMPS
UCLA over Bucknell

Boise State Results for 2011

Finished 11-6 in the WAC (2nd Place)
Finished 20-13 Overall (Lost in the 1st Round of the NCAA)

Boise State Results for 2012
Finished 13-3 in the WAC (Regular Season/Tourney Champs)
Beat Oregon in Round 1 of the NCAA Tourney
Lost to SMC in the 2nd Round
Finished 22-12 Overall

2011 WAC Champs-(Fresno State)
2011 WAC POY (Adrian Oliver-San Jose State)
2011 WAC COY (S. Morrill-Utah State)
2011 WAC FOY (S. Hicks-Boise State)

2012 WAC Champs- (Boise State)
2012 WAC POY-(G. Smith-Fresno State)
2012 WAC COY-(S. Cleavland-Fresno State)
2012 WAC FOY-(M. Mbaye-Boise State)

Top-5 Recruiting Classes for 2011

#1 Duke (4-5* AA MR BB)
#2 Florida State (1-5* 3-4* 3 MR BB)
#3 Marquette (1-5* AA MR BB)
#4 USC (1-5* AA MR BB)
#5 Texas (5-4* 2-3*)

Top-5 Recruiting Classes for 2012

#1 Kansas (3-5* AA Mr BB)
#2 Marquette (2-5* AA Mr BB)
#3 Arizona (2-5* AA Mr BB)
#4 Kansas St (2-5*, 1-AA, 3 Mr BB)
#5 Florida (2-5* AA Mr BB)

WAC Recruiting Class for 2011
San Jose State #51 (1-4* 2-3*)
Hawaii-#70 (3-3* 1-Mr BB)
Boise State-#73 (6-3* 2-Mr BB)
Fresno State-#97 (2-3* 2-2*)
New Mexico State-#125 (1-3*)
Idaho-#152 (1-3* 4-2*)
Utah State-#153 (1-4* 3-3* 1-2*)
La Tech-#192 (2-3*)
Nevada-#271 (1-5* AA)

WAC Recruiting Class for 2012

Utah State-#28
Nevada-#29
Fresno State-#79

Boise State Recruiting Class for 2011
Rank-#73 (Signed 6-3* 2-Mr BB)

Boise State Recruiting Class for 2012
Rank-NR (Signed 1 player 4* Andy Akpan (Created by Me)

WILL ADD OTHER INFO AS I THINK OF IT

Last edited by Deuce2223; 03-28-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BRONCOS FIRE GREG GRAHAM

It looked like Greg Graham finally had the Broncos going in the right direction after leading BSU to a NCAA berth in 2008 after going 25-8 winning a thrilling Overtime game over New Mexico State to get into the NCAA Tourney. But the Broncos tournament expierence was short lived as BSU fell to Louisville in the 1st Round 79-61.

The Broncos would finish the following year 19-12 and earn a spot in the CIB tourney playing Stanford in the 1st round. Again though their post season play was ended quickly as the Broncos lost 96-76.

The Bronco's struggles however went in reverse in the 2009-2010 season as Boise State finished just 15-17 and went just 5-11 in WAC play.

Athletic Director Gene Bleymair had seen enough as had the Bronco faithfull. After watching the Football program turn into a national powerhouse, Bronco fans wanted the same for their basketball program.

WHO IS COACH B.J. DEROZAN??

A.D. Bleymair had his choice. After talking with Leon Rice the Gonzaga Assistant who helped Coach Mark Few build a successfull program in Spokane WA turning the Bulldogs into a Mid-Major Powerhouse, Bleymair felt he had his man, but then he got a phone call he never expected.

Bleymair-Hello

Hey Gene it's Coach George Karl.

Bleymair-Hey Coach!! How's it going, How is Coby?

Karl-He is good. I had to cut him from the Nuggetts, but he signed a contract to play in Spain and plans on getting back to the NBA someday.

Bleymair-So Coach what's going on. I know you have probably seen we had to cut Coach Graham loose. I know Coby loved to play for him, but we need to start winning games. I think I found our guy in Leon Rice the Assistant at Gonzaga. What do you think?

Karl-I think he is a great coach, but that's why I am calling. I met a guy this past summer and offered him a job to join my staff here in Denver, but he told me his dream is to be a college coach. Gene this guy has it.

Bleymair- "IT" ??

Karl-Yeah you know the "IT". He has the potential to be one of the best. He is like Dean Smith/Bobby Knight, Coach K, all wrapped up into one man!!

Bleymair-Wow. That does sound amazing whats his resume look like?

Karl-That's just it. He doesn't have one.

Bleymair-What do you mean he doesn't have one. Where has he coached, what is his record like, who has played for him?

Karl-I just told you Gene. No Where, Doesn't have one, No One.

Bleymair-Okay let me get this straight, you want me to hire a guy who has never coached over a guy who has helped build Gonzaga into a NCAA Mid-Major Powerhouse.

Karl-Gene I am telling you, if you want to make the smartest decision in your life, you will call BJ Dezaron and offer him the job.

Bleymair- George I think you are crazy..

Last edited by Deuce2223; 02-28-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

RICE DOES THE UNTHINKABLE AND TURNS DOWN BOISE STATE OFFER!!

It was assumed it was a done deal, that Leon Rice was coming to Boise, to help rebuilding the struggling Bronco program, but instead, Rice has decided to stay with Coach Few in Spokane with rumors Coach Few could be headed on to bigger and better things and that he would be the man to take over the Bulldogs program.

THE COACH DEZARON ERA!!

AD Bleymair-Hello is this Coach Dezaron?

Dezaron-Hey Mr Bleymair. Call me Deuce

AD B-Deuce?

Dezaron-Yeah it's what all my friends call me.

AD B-Okay Deuce, well you can call me Gene.

Dezaron-Okay Gene.

Gene-So Deuce, I am not sure what you know about Boise State, but we are looking for a Head Basketball Coach, you have come highly regarded by Coach George Karl.

Deuce-Well Gene, this is a dream come true for me, because I actually grew up 30 minutes north of Boise and my family were football and basketball ticket holders for most of the late 80's and early 90's and after high school I continued to go to games all through the 90's.

Gene-Wow I didn't realize you where from the area. That's great. Well as you know times have been tough on the Bball program. We need to fix that and I am willing to give you a chance.

Deuce-Coach you don't realize what you have just done. You have made my dreams come true. I promise I won't let you down. By the way, when do I start?

Gene-Tomorrow.. I need you here to meet the team and we got to find you some assisants. Recruiting is going to be tough his year, you have 7 available scholarships.

Deuce-Okay see ya tomorrow.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 02-28-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

MEET THE TEAM

POINT GUARD

SR 6'0 L. Anderson-(66 Overall/72 3pt)
"Anderson finished the year 4th in scoring for the Broncos (9.9 PPG) starting 29/32 games last season. Coach Dezaron will look for Anderson to be his floor general and expect similar #'s again this year"

RS JR 5'11 T. Nichols-(63 Overall/79 3pt)
Led the Highlanders to the North Texas Junior College Athletic Conference Championship...averaged 16 points, four assists and three steals per game...earned first-team all-conference and first-team All-Region V accolades…also named third-team All-America. Played in 3 games as a Freshman for Texas State before transfering to McLennan.

SHOOTING GUARDS

SR 6'6 P. Noonon (64 Overall/82 3pt)
"After staring in 27/30 games as a Soph, Noonon went to the bench starting just 7/30 games he saw action, but Paul still made the most of his 24 MPG, Avg 8.8 PPG and hitting 64/163 3pt (.393). Coach Dezaron will look to his 3pt shooter to help carry the scoring load this season as he is the only true SG on the roster"

JR 6'7 D. Wiley (69 Overall/79 3pt)
"Wiley is a transfer from the University of Oregon and will have to sit out the season. As a Soph he appeared in 19 games for the Ducks Avg 2.2 PPG and hitting 10/26 3pt attempts"

SMALL FORWARDS

SR 6'6 R. Arnold (69 Overall/71 3pt)
"Arnold finished 2nd in scoring last season (11.8 PPG 4.3 RPG) and is the Broncos returning leading scorer. Started 28/30 games last season.

POWER FORWARDS

SR 6'8 D. Montreal (68 Overall)
"Montreal finished 3rd on the team in scoring (10.8 PPG) and 2nd in Rebounding (5.3 RPG) starting in just 14/32 games last season. He will be asked to try and double those #'s this year, as Coach Dezaron will look to Montreal early and often"

FR 6'9 R. Watkins (58 Ovearll)
Graduated from Reseda High School in 2009...averaged 22.7 points, 11.1 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game as a SENIOR, leading Reseda to the Division II state playoffs...after high school guided Double Pump Elite AAU team to Las Vegas Invitational Championship.

CENTERS

RS FR 6'9 S. Hicks (67 Overall)
Earned two varsity basketball letters at Liberty Christian HS…named first-team all-conference as a SENIOR…JUNIOR year, averaged 9.7 points, 12.0 rebounds and two blocks per game, lead Liberty Christian to a 25-7 overall record…scored in double figures in 15 of the Patriots’ 31 games during the 2007-08 season.

SR 6'10 Z. Mortiz (59 Overall)
(2009-10): Appeared in 30 games for the Broncos, making his first-career start at Louisiana Tech (Feb. 25)…averaged 3.5 points and 2.4 rebounds per game…recorded his first-career double-double against Houston Baptist (Dec. 19), scoring a season-high 10 points and pulling down a career-best 12 rebounds.

RS FR 7'0 I. Oetjen (56 Overall)
Graduated from Red Wing HS in Welch, Minn., in 2009, then spent a year rehabbing injuries...playing time throughout high school was limited due to injury...averaged 10 points, seven rebounds and five blocked shots per game through 10 games as a SENIOR…averaged seven points, five rebounds and three blocks per game as a JUNIOR, despite also seeing limited action.

Coach Dezaron comments regarding the team

"Obviously recruiting will be a huge focus this year for us as well will look to add depth at every posistion and will look for guys who can come in and start Day 1 for us. This year I expect the Seniors to lead us to some wins but I hope that the fans, boosters and AD Bleymair will understand this won't be a quick fix"

Last edited by Deuce2223; 02-28-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BRONCOS PICKED TO FINISH 5TH IN THE WAC

With a 1st year Head Coach, not to many people expect the Broncos to challenge for the WAC crown in 2011, as every expert in the nation has Utah State winning the Conference.

Utah State (77 Overall)
"The Aggies are led by SR T. Weasley (79 Overall) who is considered the Conference's Best Player"

New Mexico State (76 Overall)
The Aggies are led by SR SR A. Castillo (70 Overall) considered to be the Conference's Best Shooter

Nevada (74 Overall)
The Wolfpack are young with 2 starting Freshman, but one of them is considered the Conference's Best (SF J. Burris-68 Overall)

Fresno State (74 Overall)
The Bulldogs are also very young with 3 FR and 4 SO on their roster, but have the Conference's Best Defender JR SF K. Young (72 Overall)

Boise State (72 Overall)
With 6 Seniors, the Broncos have alot of returning expierence, but with a 1st year Head Coach, the Broncos are a Dark horse

San Jose State (73 Overall)
With one of the Conference best players and the Best Pro Prosepct JR PG A. Oliver (79 Overall), the Spartans could surprise this year

La Tech (73 Overall)
Like the Spartans the Bulldogs could surprise this year. They are led by SR PG D. Brown considered to be the Conference's Best Playmaker

Idaho (71 Overall)
The Vandals will continue to struggle again this year. Like the Broncos they have a roster loaded with expierence (4 SR, 3 JR) but also have alot of youth (4 FR) Coach Verlin will need to improve on his 4-27 record if he wants to stay at Idaho for long.

Hawaii (71 Overall)
Like the Broncos, the Warriors have a new Head Coach in G. Arnold. The Warriors havn't seen post season play since 2002.

NORTH CAROLINA PICKED AS PRESEASON #1

#1 North Carolina

#2 Kansas

#3 UCLA

#4 Duke

#5 Arizona

#6 Memphis

#7 Michigan State

#8 Pitt

#9 Ohio State

#10 Lousiville

#11 Kentucky

#12 Georgetown

#13 Florida

#14 Florida State

#15 Wisconsin

#16 Villanova

#17 Marquette

#18 West Virginia

#19 Xaiver

#20 Syracuse

#21 Tennessee

#22 UConn

#23 Oregon

#24 Maryland

#25 Indiana

Last edited by Deuce2223; 02-28-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BRONCOS ANNOUNCE 2010-2011 SCHEDULE

11/9 VS UTAH VALLEY
11/13 VS WASHINGTON STATE
11/16 @ MONTANA STATE
11/24 @ SOUTHERN UTAH
11/28 VS SAN DIEGO
12/1 @ SAN FRANSCISO
12/5 @ IDAHO STATE
12/8 VS LOYOLA MARYMOUNT
12/19 HAWAIIAN ISLAND CLASSIC
(1ST ROUND VS UL LAFAYETTE)
12/29 VS BYU
1/2 VS SAN JOSE STATE**WAC Season Opener**
1/5 @ IDAHO
1/10 VS NEW MEXICO STATE
1/12 VS LA TECH
1/17 @ UTAH STATE
1/19 @ NEVADA
1/24 VS HAWAII
1/28 @ FRESNO STATE
2/2 VS IDAHO
2/7 @ LA TECH
2/9 @ NEW MEXICO STATE
2/14 VS NEVADA
2/15 VS FRESNO STATE
2/20 VS CSU BAKERSFIELD **NON CONFERNCE**
2/28 @ SAN JOSE STATE
3/1 @ HAWAII
3/6 VS UTAH STATE (SENIOR NIGHT)
3/11-3/14 WAC TOURNEY

You can now post. I created a thread for Recruited Recruits. I am going to play the 2010-2011 season, and then create recruits for the following season.

Today's goals are to post the story line, post the roster/schedule, and get in a few games.

I will not be bringing back my UC Davis legacy for now. I still havn't got it transfered from my old 360, but was ready to start playing some basketball again.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 02-28-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

first!!!!
great chise, i can already tell, we should have a hall of fame section for chises, just for u

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »