Home

Gotta Fight to be Great - Will Hunter Legacy (CH2K8)

This is a discussion on Gotta Fight to be Great - Will Hunter Legacy (CH2K8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 03:36 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Gotta Fight to be Great - Will Hunter Legacy (CH2K8)

Sitting in the office after a great 2010-11 basketball season ending it with a State Championship in Texas, the school's first ever title. Coach Will Hunter loved the way his team progressed especially his nephew, Tyrece Hunter, and his nephew's friend, Tim Woods. They played these past three years that he's been coaching extraordinarily, but neither of them have been offered and not even scouted by top universities.

Tyrece averaged 26.3 ppg and 6.5 rpg this year and he put up a career high and broke the school record in points scoring 42 points and not a scholarship from anywhere. Tim Woods lead the state in rebounds and blocked shots and he doesn't have a scholarship anywhere. I don't understand it at all.

Immediately after the thought ran across his mind there was a knock at the door. Lloyd Gastel, a good friend of Coach Will, entered his office and congratulated him on his accomplishment. He quickly went straight to the point of why he was there and it was to tell him that the ABL South Committee would like him to Coach the All-Stars this upcoming season. He told Coach Will that he can add whoever he wants on the team and they will be noticed by schools. Hoping that Tyrece and Tim will get recognized in the summer Coach Will Hunter quickly accepted the offer and become head coach for the ABL South's All-Stars.

Making Gastel his assistant coach and getting Tyrece and Tim to join the team they made easy work of the ABL South Region. They took the region by storm with a 8-1 record and was able to qualify for the ABL Playoffs. Tyrece and Tim shined like Coach Hunter expected they would. Taking the All-Stars to the ABL Championship Game at UNLV Tyrece led the team to victory scoring 31 points. Coach Hunter knew that winning the ABL Championship would make quick noise to many schools. Not as many offers as Coach Hunter hoped Tyrece Hunter and Tim Woods were offered to play at schools. Tyrece and Tim both were not offered scholarships nor a promise for playing time, but the invite of attending the school (which are all small schools) and play as a walk-on. Some mid-major schools asked if they play in junior college before they make their decision on offering a scholarship. No major or power schools were offering scholarships.

I just can't take this anymore. I'm doing all I can to help my nephew and his friend and nothing is working.

(I WAS REALLY INSPIRED BY DUECE'S LEGACY WITH THE FAB FIVE BUT I'M PUTTING MY OWN TWIST AND TAKING IT ANOTHER DIRECTION SO PLEASE DO NOT COME ON HERE AND SAY I'M COPYING. I HOPE YOU ENJOY)

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 08-20-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 04:04 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Gotta Fight to be Great - Will Hunter Legacy (CH2K8)

Please reply if anyone is following.

2nd update be up tomorrow morning
Old 08-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Pro

Will Hunter got a call from Dr. Larry Teis, the Athletic Director at Texas State University, he tells Will that he noticed how great of a coach he is from his two championship accomplishments in one year. He tells Will that he had to get rid of the head coach of the basketball team and wants him become the new head coach. Will was grateful for the offer but he wanted to keep coaching at the high school level. Teis tries to persuade Will to change his mind but it was like he wouldn't listen to reason. Dr. Teis told Will that he should think about it more. Taking the idea of coaching at the college level day by day he came across many considerations that would help him make this decision.

Breaking News! It took months for this story to be reported so we're going to go live. We have our newest Texas correspondent Corbin Davidson at the scene of an emergency press meeting being held by Texas State's athletic administration. Corbin?

Corbin Davidson: Thank you, I'm standing outside the Strahan Coliseum in San Marcos, TX where its believed that the Texas State Bobcats are soon to announce their new head coach. After ending Coach Davalos's terrible coaching career 2 months ago, there have been dozens of rumors of who may take the reigns for the Bobcats, all of which have proven to be no more than speculation. Oh! this may be it, they're coming to the podium...

Teis: Good evening lady's and gentlemen, it has taken us months worth of searching and deliberation, but we have indeed found the man who will coach our Bobcats in the 11-12 season.
Coach Will Hunter, who has spent the last 3 years coaching high school basketball and 1 year of coaching in the ABL, maybe not the most popular pick, but Coach Hunter brings a potent and unique brand of basketball, along with a knack for reeling in talent. We here at Texas State think there is none better to lead our team in these troubling times. You can't get any worse than what Coach Davalos' has done. If all goes well, we should have Coach Hunter here for Q & A by the end of the day.

*press loudly shouting questions in the background*

Corbin Davidson: Well there you have it, Coach Hunter who has led both the high school and ABL team to championships will be the man at the controls next year for the Texas State University Bobcats.

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 08-20-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Pro

*Coach Hunter takes the podium for the first time in his college coaching career*
CH: Good evening members of the press, school faculty, students, and fans. I'd like to start by saying its an honor to begin my division one basketball career coaching the Texas State Bobcats. I'd also like to bypass all the formalities and get to business, because as I'm sure you're aware, training camp starts in less than 2 days. How about we begin with questions from the press.

ESPN: Coach Hunter, what is your plan for the Bobcats this next season?
CM:In this next year I hope to get my players settled into the system that has worked so well for me in the past. Thanks to the agreement of Dr. Teis allowing to use 2 of the scholarships to offer, I used those scholarships to give to my 2 stars from my teams. My nephew Tyrece Hunter and his friend Tim Woods, 2 great players who should be playing in big schools. With them running along with me we'll definitely be winning a conference title and make a run for the tournament. That's a promise.

Fox Sports: What exactly is this system you hope to put into place?
CM: One word...DEFENSE! Of course combined with an arsenal of getting high percentage shots and getting as many fastbreaks as possible. But my main thing is defense and that is my main goal of putting into the minds of these players come training camp. If they don't play defense they won't play point blank. And that goes for my two stars as well.

Local News: What can you tell us about your two "stars" that you added onto the roster?
CM: Tyrece Hunter and Tim Woods are the reasons for my success in the high school world. Tyrece is a great all-around forward that can defend three positions. He will be my main scorer on the team, back in ABL he was fourth leading scorer in the country averaging 25.7 points per game, shooting a fabulous 52% from the field and 46% from the three. Tim is a tall and powerful center with tremendous D and a great rebounding ability, I really won't have to worry about him on D. Back in the ABL he was third leading shot blocker in the country with 2.1. Sadly that's all he can do unless he can get close enough to the rim to score.

ESPN: Coach, how long do you plan to run this team?
CM: I made a promise to Tyrece, Tim, and Dr. Teis. I told them that I plan on staying here for four years but God only knows how long after that.

Up next: schedule and roster
(feel free to ask any questions you may have)

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 08-20-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:08 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Looks good. I have run with TSU in the past and really enjoyed building them into a National Power.

I must admit, I have really slacked off on checking out the Basketball thread, because I have been so busy trying working on my Football thread.

Good luck with this, and I will definetly be keeping an eye out for it.

As far as posting goes, I give the credit to my a guy by the name of Cincyfan and Vols back in the day at 2k Forums they were the Kings of posting amazing threads as well as a bunch of other guy's.. Now it's in my blood. I can't play a dynasty with posting in some form or another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 12:24 AM   #6
Pro

Thanks and well give me thanks to them as well and I'm hoping your football is going well I will be going to check that out for sure.

I'm hoping I can make this last as long as possible I'm trying to get 200 pages if possible but #1 objective is 50. Thanks for taking the time out to follow.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 AM   #7
Pro

2011-12 Texas State Bobcats Schedule

(Black-Non-Conf Games, Red-Conf Games, Blue-Tournament Games)
HOME GAMES IN BOLD CAPS

Nov 16 100 Club Classic

Nov 17 Final Round of 100 Club Classic
Nov 21 UT-PAN AMERICAN
Nov 29 PRAIRIE VIEW
Dec 5 RICE

Dec 8 at Texas A&M
Dec 15 at Texas
Dec 18 KENNESAW ST.
Dec 30 at SMU
Jan 5 at Florida
Jan 10 at Norhwestern St.
Jan 12 at Central Arkansas
Jan 17 SE LOUISIANA
Jan 19 NICHOLLS ST.
Jan 24 TXAM-CC
Jan 26 at UTSA
Jan 30 at Stephen F. Austin
Feb 2 SAM HOUSTON ST.
Feb 9 at UT-Arlington
Feb 13 at McNeese St.
Feb 16 LAMAR
Feb 21 at TXAM-CC
Feb 23 UTSA
Feb 27 STEPHEN F. AUSTIN
Mar 1 at Sam Houston St.
Mar 8 UT-ARLINGTON

Up next roster...

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 08-18-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:51 AM   #8
Pro

Here is the 2011-12 Roster with Coach feedback on each player.

STARTING LINEUP

PG-6'0 EDDIE RIOS #11 (JUNIOR) 62 OVERALL PG
Key Attributes- Hand-82, Pass-80, Speed & Quickness-84

Feedback - "Rios is a great floor general. He has the ability to see the court better then anyone I have met. Has not been a huge scorer in the past but does have the ability to create shots and can use his quickness and speed to break down his defender and get to the hoop."

SG-5'11 RYAN WHITE #1 (SENIOR) 61 OVERALL PG
Key Attributes- 3PT-80, Hand-80, Speed & Quickness-88

Feedback - "White has a nice stroke, it isn't the best on the team but it's enough for him to start at SG. This senior can light it up from downtown with enough speed and quickness to lead the fastbreak. Very capable of filling in at the point as well."

SF-6'7 TYRECE HUNTER #32 (FRESHMAN) 73 OVERALL SF
Key Attributes- 3PT-85, Dunk-85, Vertical-87, Quickness-82

Feedback - "Johnson is a scorer period..With all-around scoring ability he knows when to put the ball on the floor and drive and knows when to pull up and drain the 3pt. Has enough quickness to keep up with the guards in the fastbreak. His defense is decent for his size, it could be better, but its enough to D up a SG, SF, and PF. If his defense catches up with his offensive skills, he could be the best player I have ever seen play the game."

PF-6'10 MATT STAFF #21 (SOPHOMORE) 57 OVERALL PF
Key Attributes- Speed & Quickness-77, Vertical-77

Feedback - "Matt has great size and athleticism but needs to develop quickly if he is going to get a lot of minutes this season."

C-6'11 TIM WOODS #41 (FRESHMAN) 73 OVERALL C
Key Attributes- Block-90, Def Reb-92, Off Reb-89, Close-83

Feedback - "Tim is a beast on the boards. He is not a scorer, but if you give him the ball close enough to the rim he can put it in. His size and defensive abilities cause opponents to change their shots and move further and further away from the key. Tim is a force to be reckon with."

THE BENCH

SG- 6'4 JOHN BOWMAN #6 (JUNIOR) 61 OVERALL
Key Attributes- Speed & Quickness-80, Steal-84, Hustle-85, Vertical-84

Feedback - "Bowman needs to develop a offensive game. He has the skills they just need polishing. He has good hands, is a solid defensive player who has the abilities to get up and down the court quickly, and will hustle his butt off. Though he has no offensive skills his "never give up" attitude is why he will be 6th Man."

SF-6'6 TONY BISHOP #22 (RS SENIOR) 60 OVERALL
Key Attributes- 3PT-80

Feedback - "I can't rely on him for anything else other then from 3pt, a good scorer from off the bench."

C-6'8 JOHNATHAN SLOAN #30 (SENIOR) 59 OVERALL
Key Attributes- Close-82, Off Reb-76, Def Reb-74

Feedback - "Not really a good rebounder unless he's the tallest on the floor and will only score unless he's 5 feet from the rim."

SF-6'3 URIEL SEGURA #10 (SENIOR) 57 OVERALL
Key Attributes- Freethrow-86, Mid-75

Feedback - "Best freethrow shooter on the team will get his minutes only if there are injuries or we need the best freethrow shooters on the floor."

Coach Dodge will have 8 scholarships to offer this season.

Last edited by vicebeliever42; 08-20-2011 at 12:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »