Home

Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

This is a discussion on Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 07-21-2011, 09:35 AM   #97
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

Game 9 Minnesota Timberwolves 83 - 79 Detroit Pistons

Look out below! Delonte gets Dunked on.

Feb 16, 2012 - Timberwolves @ Pistons
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Minnesota Timberwolves (31-25)2122162483
Detroit Pistons (22-33)2124161879
Detroit Pistons
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Patrick Ewing Jr.175-70-00-06200010
Grant Hill261-51-20-0730143

Timberwolves Starters
R. Rubio
D. West
M. Beasley
A. Randolph
K. Love

Pistons Starters
B. Knight
R. Hamilton
G. Hill
K. Martin
G. Monroe

Game Leaders
Pts - 21 - R. Hamilton (Pistons)
Rebs - 11 - G. Monroe (Pistons)
Asts - 11 - R. Rubio (Timberwolves)
Stls - 3 - G. Monroe (Pistons)
Blks - 2 - A. Randolph (Timberwolves)

Ewing’s Epilogue

“Well this has been a tough week. Played 3 team in the playoff races, and lost to all 3. The T-Wolves are up to 3rd now with this win. Their spanish sensation led the way for them tonight. Rubio had 17 pts and 11 assists. His size and passing ability gave us fits on defence. Mike Beasley and Kevin Love were also tough to handle. Beasley had 14pts and 6 rebounds, Love had 13 and 6 boards. Their other rookie Derrick Williams has struggled to make an impression this season off the bench, even though he scored 10 tonight. I've heard rumors he's been very unhappy there so far.”

"Rip kept us in the game with his 21 points. Greg Monroe was a real leader yet again. He had 12 pts and 11 rebounds. But yet again his defence was outstanding, adding 3 steals to help his defensive player of the year credentials. Rubio seemed to have the upper hand on Brandon Knight, even though he dished out 10 assists. Will Bynum made a decent contribution off the bench with 11 points. But conspicious with his absence from any leader of a stat category was Grant Hill. He had a poor game offensively, but he grabbed 7 rebounds and dished out 3 assists. i outperformed him, but didnt get rewarded more playing time, which is disappointing."

"All star weekend is on the horizon, got to catch up with the family this weekend. Flying home tonight and Dad will meet us at the house. Should be good to catch up and get the low down on how the Magic are faring this year! Looking forward to watching Brandon Knight start for the rookies on Saturday night!"
Old 07-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #98
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

NBA Trade Talk: Celtics, Magic Looking to Acquire Patrick Ewing Jr. of Pistons.

The latest in trade speculation before the deadline is about Patrick Ewing Jr. of the Detroit Pistons. Surprisingly after being only dealt to the Pistons at the start of this month, Ewing Jr. could be dealt again. He has played well for the Pistons so far, coming off the bench behind Grant Hill. It seemed as if the Pistons plan was to develop him into a Grant Hill type player, but maybe something has changed their mind?

After the two blockbuster trades in which they acquired Hill, Lopez, Alston and Ewing Jr. the Pistons have looked a much better team. So with that in mind, who are the front runners to acquire the athletic swing man? Recent reports have linked him with many teams, but who will benefit the most from a player that can energize an entire arena with his exciting dunking ability?

In a recent article by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, the writer stated, "Ewing Jr. hasn't requested a trade, but has privately told league friends that the Boston Celtics and the Orlando Magic are his preferred destinations should the Pistons ever decide to move him." Any of those teams could acquire Ewing Jr. and would instantly help their bench become younger and more athletic. Perphaps an extra push heading into the playoffs for both teams?

One of Ewing Jr's monster dunks this season.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 16

Interested to see if Ewing Jr winds up in Orlando. Although I think it would be cool if he stayed in Detroit and became part of their future with Monroe, etc.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #100
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Hello everyone,

Sorry i trailed off at the end of this story just as it was getting exciting. But i have decided to finish the season out, and possibly extend the story into the 2012-13 season! I had been considering finishing this story off as i still have the save files, but what made me settle on it was when i received a PM on the operation sports forums!

It was from none other than Patrick Ewing Jr himself!! His friend had read it and showed it to him! He said he wanted to reach out personally and thank me for the story, and that it was pretty cool!

Being a little bit sceptical of this newly joined member, i took to Ewing Jr's twitter page to ask him if he PM'ed me on OS forums about the story, and he said yes it was him! Exchanged a few tweets with him and i was happy in the knowledge i had done some good!

You can check it out on my twitter @seaboh and Ewing Jr's @pewingjr6!

Pretty amazing story, and i had to share it here on OS Forums, i've only been telling like everyone i know about how nice Ewing Jr. was to personally thank me!

Anyway back to the writing and finish out the season, might bounce some ideas of Patrick about how to close the season out!

I have spent the last few days converting the roster to 2k12, and have gotten the Pistons to their current 22-35 record after many simulations. Amazing how close it turned out to being the exact same standings.

I'm pretty happy to go ahead with the season starting with the All Star weekend recap. I'll update as often as i can, depends on how quickly nba2k.com uploads my screenshots though!

Stay Tuned!!
Old 11-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 16
That is awesome, dude. Looking forward to having more of the story to read as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #102
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

All Star Game Recap

Nice to get a mini break after some tough games with the Pistons. Arrived home about the same time as dad to catch the rookie - sophomore game. The one and only Piston involved in the weekend, Brandon Knight started for the rookies. He a solid game, but not spectacular. Scoring 7 pts, dishing out 7 assists and grabbing 4 rebounds. He was a little upstaged by Kemba Walker who had 12 pts, 5 assists and 4 rebounds. But the two players lead the fight against the very strong Sophomore side led by Blake Griffin.

Griffin got MVP with a 24pt, 15 rebound and 4 assist game. The sophomores boasted players like DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall and Landry Fields. They had way too much for this years rookie class an won in a blowout 110- 75.

I had a good chat with Dad about the Magic who are sitting in the playoff spots, but right down at the bottom. Things aren't working out too well and Dad is getting a sense Dwight has one foot out the door already. Despite going on a decent run as of late, the Magic are sitting at .500 and in 7th place, behind the Knicks. Steve Nash has been playing fairly well, but his age is really starting to catch up with him. The Magic knew this would be a risk, but they had to go all out. Dad isnt happy with Hedo Turkoglu's production and effort, so Quentin Richardson has been trying to pick up the slack.

The Celtics look like the strongest team in the East after going on a major run, leading the East on 41-15, 3 games ahead of the Bulls. Surprisingly the Heat are 8.5 games behind the Celtics. Allen Iverson and Michael Redd are fitting in very well, but the next few weeks will be interesting, as Jermaine O' Neal went down injured during the week, and is expected to sit out a few weeks. This could see KG move to center, and former Georgetown Alum Jeff Green start. But they will look pretty thin in the frontcourt.

One of the bigger surprises is the form of the Atlanta Hawks. Our family has only recently moved to Marietta, Georgia. So i suppose we'll keep a close eye on their progress. The Hawks despite losing Jamal Crawford to the Knicks, stand at 32-23, level with the Heat! They added Tayshaun Prince, DeShawn Stevenson and an important mentality change in playing tough defence. The Hawks showed their hand a little against the Magic in the playoffs last year, showing the defensive capability they have when tuned in. Rookie center Keith Benson has also been impressive, and gives them more options up front.

Sunday came and went very quickly, with an exciting all star game from Orlando. The East came out on top with a 98-97 win. But the winning shot was hit by LeBron James. Yes you read it correctly. LeBron showed up in the 4th and rounded off an MVP performance. James completly upstaged the unofficial host Dwight Howard. Howard had a solid game with 15 points and 10 rebounds, but LeBrons 22 pts, 10 assists and 8 rebounds was deserving of the MVP.

Set off early this morning and finished off this diary entry on the plane. 2 Days to the trade deadline, plenty of rumors swirling, I'm not sure if many big trades will happen, but only time will tell. Dad was saying Orlando are interested in me, but they have not formally submitted a trade proposal. The Pistons front office are open to trade offers for almost everyone, but whether they will actually move anyone is another matter.

Last edited by seaboh; 09-16-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:35 PM   #103
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Finally nba2k.com has uploaded my screenshots. Can get going on this story now. About one week to upload shots aint good though. Have put the proper ones in the last post. Recap of trade deadline coming up next.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #104
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Ewings Epilogue

Well fresh back after the All Star break and straight into training. We are due to play the 76ers tomorrow the day before the trade deadline. But a half hour into our morning practice and we picked up an injury. Well two injuries infact. Rafer Alston tore ligaments in his left ankle.

We stood around for about 10 minutes while the trainers checked Skip to my Lou out. But that was the worst thing we could have done as we began to cool down. We got up and running our 3 on 2 drill, then Grant drove hard on K-Mart. K- Mart slipped and managed to take Grant down hard on his shoulder. Injury number 2.

Grant has a sprained shoulder and is expected to be out for up to a month. I feel sorry for Grant who had been playing at a high level in recent weeks. Losing these 2 guys for around a month could really put a halt to us chasing that last playoff spot. We are only 5 games back, but really motoring with this unit. Coach Frank will have to make some adjustments, one of those hopefully will be to elevate me to the starting 5!

You have got to be kidding me. The front office doesn’t seem to know what direction to take with the development of this team. Because I just got a text from Ben Gordon telling me he’s been traded. I had heard he was undergoing some physical tests today along with Jason Maxiell. But nobody knew what it was about. Turns out both of them are on the move. Got to get on to NBA.com to check out whats going on.

Last edited by seaboh; 05-29-2012 at 11:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »