Home

Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

This is a discussion on Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 12-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #105
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

The Pistons make big trade with the Suns again.

In what is quickly becoming a habit for both bottom dwellers, they decided to exchange some more players. This time its with the view of making the Pistons stronger in the race for the playoffs. The Suns are in tank mode for the rest of the season. They gave up two starters in Jared Dudley and Mickael Pietrus. Also under-performing forward Hakim Warrick. They do get some salary relief in this trade too.

They bring back a starting 2 guard in Ben Gordon. Gordon has faltered with the Pistons and been demoted to the bench behind Rip Hamilton. He really needs a fresh start and this will give him the opportunity to recapture his form from the Bulls days. Jason Maxiell replaces Warrick in backing up rookie Markieff Morris. His deal expires this season, 5m in cap relief. The other add in to this trade was rookie SF- Kyle Singler who had been performing very well for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. Singler will back up Alonzo Gee at the 3 spot. Gee's form at the 3 this year has been excellent, making the expensive Jared Dudley expendable.

It will be interesting to see how the Pistons fare out in the playoff race now, after adding these strong pieces. What seemed like a long shot may now have the likes of the Pacers, Magic and Bucks looking over their shoulders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #106
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Re: Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

Game 10 Philadelphia 76ers 81 - 85 Detroit Pistons

Ewing Jr's only basket of the night.

Philadelphia 76ers at Detroit Pistons
Feb 26, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Philadelphia (25-30)2324142081
Detroit (22-35)2420132885
Philadelphia 76ers
Detroit Pistons
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Patrick Ewing jr.91-20-00-0110012

76ers Starters
L. Williams
E. Turner
A. Iguodola
E. Brand
S. Hawes

Pistons Starters
B. Knight
R. Hamilton
J. Dudley
K. Martin
G. Monroe

Game Leaders
Pts - 21 - A. Iguodola (76ers)
Rebs - 11 - G. Monroe (Pistons)
Asts - 11 - B. Knight (Pistons)
Stls - 4 - J. Holiday (Pistons)
Blks - 2 - G. Monroe (Pistons)

Ewing’s Epilogue

“Well talk about not feeling needed. I rode the pine for most of the game. Jared Dudley and Mickael Pietrus got most of the minutes at the 3. Even Terrico White got some burn at the 2. Terrico White, are you kidding me?! With Grant going down and the way I had been solid so far I really expected better. I really don’t know what has changed in the last day or two, but this does not look good. Time to go talk to Mr. Frank and Mr. Dumars.

Oh and by the way we won. Not that I got to contribute much to that. Feeling majorly leftout right now. Well done to the guys on their performance against a very strong 76ers squad. I’m actually too upset to give a review right now. But needless to say the new guys were very impressive Pietrus and Dudley did a great job slowing down Turner and Iguodola. Rip was solid again and his resurgence in form continues. K-Mart and Monroe were strong on the boards again grabbing over 10 rebounds each. Brandon Knight ran the show with 13 pts and 10 assists. Its nice to win but some more burn would have been better."

Last edited by seaboh; 05-29-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:16 PM   #107
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

I'm Back!

To all the loyal followers of my blog. I have not updated my blog in quite some time. But all is not lost. All is not forgotten. I have put pen to paper, or rather finger to key pad once more. My blog will fast forward to the 2012-13 NBA Offseason. I have just opted out of my player option for next season with the Pistons.

Things really didn't go down as well as I thought they would this season with the Pistons. I had been getting pretty close to starting at the 3 spot over Grant Hill. I was matching everything statistically that he was producing and we were sharing the minutes. Then boom. The trade for Pietrus and Dudley came. Yes on paper it seemed like it had balanced our roster for a playoff run, but it actually killed off our team chemistry.

We finished 10th in the East, 2 games out of the playoffs, behind Philadelphia in 8th and Milwaukee in 9th. A disaster of epic proportions for the Pistons organisation, and one which will certainly cost coach Lawrence Frank his job. There is too much strife and turmoil in the Pistons for me, and I was left high and dry playing timewise for the remainder of the season. I had contibuted well in my first dozen games there and I was suddenly forgotten about. Grant too. Its a shame his career had to end like this.

But hey, onwards and upwards. The lord works in mysterious ways, everything is meant to happen for a reason. Now, I better check in with my agent to see if I have any contract offers from teams. the NBA landscape has been shaken up in recent months. Here is a brief summary of the season and major transactions to date:

NBA Champions: Miami Heat
Western Conference Champions: Oklahoma City Thunder
Most Valuable Player: LeBron James, Miami Heat
Defensive Player of the Year: Tyson Chandler, New York Knicks
Rookie of the Year: Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
Sixth Man of the Year: James Harden, Oklahoma City Thunder
Most Improved Player: Ryan Anderson, Orlando Magic
Coach of the Year: Gregg Popovich, San Antonio Spurs

NBA Major Transactions

February - Chris Paul traded to LA Clippers
February - Monta Ellis traded to Milwaukee Bucks, Andrew Bogut traded to Golden State Warriors
April - Tom Benson buys New Orleans Hornets
April - New Jersey Nets play final game before moving to Brooklyn next season.
August - Dwight Howard traded to LA Lakers, Andrew Bynum to Philadelphia 76ers, Andre Igoudola to Denver Nuggets
August - James Harden traded to Houston Rockets
August - Rudy Gay traded to Toronto Raptors
August - Steve Nash traded to LA Lakers
August - Joe Johnson traded to Brooklyn Nets

Part II of this story is coming soon, so stay tuned! And if you haven't read this story before now, get reading! Will help you get a good understanding of how I got to this point!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »