Home

Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

This is a discussion on Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 06-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #25
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

Doing great so far! How long until he is in the bigs?
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #26
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

OVR: 19

Game 10 Idaho Stampede 91 - 97 Maine Red Claws

Ewing Jr. rocked the rim on several occasions tonight, en route to scoring 25 points.

Dec 16, 2011 - IDA at MNE
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Idaho Stampede (6-4)1925232491
Maine Red Claws (9-0)2929261397
Maine Red Claws
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Patrick Ewing Jr.2811-251-32-28202225

Stampede Starters
S. Collins
A. Parker
M. Finley
M. Cousin
K. Thomas

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
A. Ray
D. Nichols
P. Ewing Jr.
E. Curry

Game Leaders
Pts - 25 - P. Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Rebs - 13 - K. Thomas (Stampede)
Asts - 10 - S. Collins (Stampede)
Stls - 3 - P. Beverly (Red Claws)
Blks - 2 - P. Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)

Ewing's Epilogue

"Great win over a tough veteran Stampede team tonight! Anthony Parker, Michael Finley, Kurt Thomas and Tony Battie on one team?! Has to be a record for most experienced D-League team ever! In the end i think our youth and athleticism won out over the wily old vet's. But it was Sherron Collins that really brought his A game, scoring 22 and dishing out 10 assists. Kurt Thomas scored 9 and had 13 boards" .

"I know you think i'm going on about Idaho a lot, but damn they were good. Feel we learned a lot from playing these guys tonight. Demetris Nichols and Gelabale really helped me carry the load offensively tonight against a stellar defensive team. Nichols had 24, Gelabale 16 and Edddy Curry had 10. The Big Man is working hard to get in shape, but his minutes have fluctuated in the past few games. Pete Morrison is more than an able replacement scoring 6 points and grabbing 5 boards tonight."

"In other news around the D-League, there were a few send downs. The Rockets sent down Patrick Patterson to the RGV Vipers. That will be one tough matchup for me! Dad's Orlando Magic sent down Patrick Mills to the NM Thunderbirds. Mills came over in the trade with Steve Nash for Jameer Nelson and Chris Duhon. He struggled to get minutes behind Nash and Arenas. The Thunder sent down Cole Aldrich to the 66ers, which makes them a mean team! Tim Thomas is down on the block with him"
Old 06-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #27
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Not going to reveal that yet, i'm really getting into the D- League though! Have a great team and have some good matchups coming up soon. have a little review of the NBA season coming so far, via Ewing Sr. I have set all teams to sim, so you never know he could just be signed up at anytime, will have a tough decision to make to leave this team on such a roll though!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:38 PM   #28
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Game 11 Maine Red Claws 82 - 93 Springfield Armor

The Red Claws got nothing easy tonight, but Ewing Jr. registered a double-double with 20 pts and 10 rebounds.

Dec 17, 2011 - MNE at SPR
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Maine Red Claws (10-0)1821192482
Springfield Armor (4-5)3716231793
Maine Red Claws
Patrick Ewing Jr.337-160-16-810000220

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
A. Ray
D. Nichols
P. Ewing Jr.
E. Curry

Armor Starters
J. McNeal
J. Diebler
D. Brown
E. Clark
C. Hunter

Game Leaders
Pts - 28 - Earl Clark (Armor)
Rebs - 11 - Earl Clark (Armor)
Asts - 7 - J. McNeal (Armor)
Stls - 2 - P. Beverly (Red Claws)
Blks - 4 - D. Brown (Armor)

Ewing's Epilogue

"Wow. The Armor came out very hot tonight and really caught us on the hop. They have just recently become the sole affliate of the New Jersey Nets and have been on a run as of late. They've gone 4 and 1 in the last 5 since the takeover. Earl Clark was a monster with 28 points and 11 boards, Chris Hunter had 12 and 10. Neither Eddy or I could really slow them down tonight. Brown, Diebler and McNeal all had 13 each. Maybe they see lots of places up for grabs on that Nets roster." .

"I was happy to get my second double-double of the season, but the gloss was really taken off with such a bad loss. Our first loss of the season 10-1. Nobody really played out of their skins tonight, other than Gelabale with 17 points and Beverly with 11. I really dont know what else to say about tonight. 2nd game on a back to back maybe. We were out-worked, out-hussled, out-scored. Major improvements to be made for Idaho at home on Monday."

"In other news around the D-League, the Pacers sent AJ Price down to the Mad Ants. No call-ups or 10 day signings so far, but from the standard i've seen the last few games, surely we'll see some by the turn of the year as teams gear up for playoff runs. You know i might drop Dad an email to see how things are going playoff wise. He's been quiet as of late because himself and Stan have been under severe pressure."

Last edited by seaboh; 06-17-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #29
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Ewing’s Epilogues

December 18th 2011

I just emailed Dad and he's not a happy camper. The Magic are 9th in the East and one game behind the Bucks. This is a crucial year for the Magic, becuase Dwight Howard has said he will become a free agent at the end of the season. With this in mind the Magic made two big trade this year. Steve Nash and Patrick Mills in exchange for Jameer Nelson and Chris Duhon. Giving both teams a freshness at the point, and a pick and roll wonderland for Dwight Howard. But things havent just clicked yet and the Magic are 14-15. Not good and Otis Smith is putting pressure on Dad and Stan to steady the ship.

I think Dad can see its reaching crisis point, with the supporting crew not helping out Nash and Howard as expected. Although i still think Dad has his eyes set on an head coaching job elsewhere, probably next season though.

My hometown Celtics have made a strong start to the season. 2nd in the East and 19-8 a few games back from the Heat though. A few minor tweaks were made to the roster, adding Allen Iverson to backup Rondo, Michael Redd to backup Ray Allen and Darnell Jackson replaces Glen Davis in backing up KG. Jeff Green has really grown into his role as 6th man and is really stretching teams defenses. But they still look a little light in the frontcourt with the loss of Big Baby and Shaq. Jermaine O' Neal is the starting center, so lets see how that pan's out!

Its great to see Iverson back and playing fairly well. He's averaging 8.2 points per game off the bench. I must try and catch a game some time soon of the Answer in a Beantown uniform...

Here's the latest in the playoff races...

Last edited by seaboh; 11-25-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #30
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Game 12 Idaho Stampede 86 - 93 Maine Red Claws

Ewing Jr. worked hard on the block all night, and grabbed a double-double again.

Dec 19, 2011 - IDA at MNE
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Idaho Stampede (7-5)2024231986
Maine Red Claws (10-1)2425172793
Maine Red Claws
Patrick Ewing Jr.324-90-08-814100216

Stampede Starters
S. Collins
A. Parker
M. Finley
M. Cousin
K. Thomas

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
A. Ray
D. Nichols
P. Ewing Jr.
E. Curry

Game Leaders
Pts - 20 - E. Curry (Red Claws)
Rebs - 14 - P. Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Asts - 5 - S. Collins (Stampede)
Stls - 5 - S. Collins (Stampede)
Blks - 3 - T. Battie (Stampede)

Ewing's Epilogue

"Great win over the tough veteran Stampede team tonight again! Back to winning ways, 11-1. After a tough loss on the road to Springfield it was important to bounce back at home. I grabbed my 3rd double-double of the season, and 2nd on the trot. Delighted the extra work with Oakley is paying off now. But i got to say it was made all the easier by Baby Shaq's dominance down low tonight, 20 points and 7 boards. He really paved the way for me to rebound and get some nice putbacks. 8-8 from the free throw line is my season best too." .

"Demetris Nichols had 16 and 4, Gelabale had 13 and 7. All our big guns played well tonight. Anthony Parker had 19 to keep the game close. Along with Danny Moon, Kurt Thomas and Marcus Cousin, they each had 14 points. Spreading the scoring out evenly. But important to their effort was Tony Battie off the bench, who grabbed 12 boards to accompany Thomas' 6. Tough matchups for myself and Baby Shaq, but i think we shaded this one. Big league scouts, sit up and take notice, Curry and Ewing Jr. are beasting the blocks down in the D-League."

"In other news around the D-League, the Jazz sent SF Jeremy Evans down to the Utah Flash. A good addition, and will only help the Flash's quest for #1 seed in the west. Next up for us is a clash between #1 and #2 in the east, Iowa Energy vs Maine Red Claws."
Old 06-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #31
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Game 13 Maine Red Claws 107 - 104 Iowa Energy

Ewing Jr. was unstoppable tonight, 32pts, 10 assists, 9 rebounds and 1 steal.

Dec 23, 2011 - MNE at IOW
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Maine Red Claws (11-1)28232927107
Iowa Energy (9-4)20282531104
Maine Red Claws
Patrick Ewing Jr.3012-180-18-991021132

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
A. Ray
D. Nichols
P. Ewing Jr.
E. Curry

Energy Starters
Z. Dowdell
O. Jeffers
C. Martin
J. Adrien
C. Richard

Game Leaders
Pts - 32 - Patrick Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Rebs - 9 - Patrick Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Asts - 24 - Z. Dowdell (Energy)
Stls - 2 - Patrick Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Blks - 3 - E. Curry (Red Claws)

Ewing's Epilogue

"Wow. My best game all season by a mile. I knew scouts from the Suns and Bobcats would be here tonight and really busted a gut. 1 rebound off a triple-double!! but so much of it was down to the excellent play of my teammates. We lost Allan Ray early on with a lower back strain, and we really had to pull together. Demetris Nichols played off me very well, i set up a lot of his 27 points. Gelabale had 12 and Curry had 12 with 8 boards. Patrick Beverly as usual racked up 8 assists." .

"But the Energy had Steve Nash in disguise (Zabian Dowdell) he ran the show with 24 assists and 18 points. Simply incredible. He dished dimes to Cartier Martin (16), Danny Green (15), Magnum Rolle (14) and to Jeff Adrien (13). He shared the scoring around and we got it tough to keep pace in the 2nd half. An outstanding high scoring game, one which seems to have kept the NBA scouts glued to the action, before furiously scribbling notes at the end of each quarter."

"In other news around the D-League, the Lakers sent C Derrick Caracter to the Jam, Pistons sent SG Terrico White to the Mad Ants. The Hawks sent SG Pape Sy to the dangerous Utah Flash. The Blazers sent PG Armon Johnson to Idaho. The Hornets meanwhile sent G Nolan Smith to the Thunderbirds. Again it seems like December is the month of send downs, and no call ups. The waiting continues for the D-League stars..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #32
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Game 14 Springfield Armor 81 – 72 Maine Red Claws

Springfield played tough D all night, but Ewing Jr. still recorded another double-double.

Dec 26, 2011 - SPR at MNE
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Springfield Armor (6-6)1519202781
Maine Red Claws (12-1)2120161572
Maine Red Claws
Patrick Ewing Jr.296-101-11-210310114

Armor Starters
J. McNeal
J. Diebler
D. Butler
E. Clark
C. Hunter

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
A. Acker
M. Gelabale
P. Ewing Jr.
P. Morrison

Game Leaders
Pts - 18 - M. Gelabale (Red Claws)
Rebs - 10 - P. Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Asts - 5 - P. Beverly (Red Claws)
Stls - 2 - P. Beverly (Red Claws)
Blks - 3 - P. Morrisson (Red Claws)

Ewing’s Epilogue

“Stunned. Armor beating us on our own patch? Thats twice in 3 weeks we've lost to them now. We still lead the series 4-2 but damn! Not at home! Dont know how but they had answers for everything we done tonight. Justin Diebler (19), McNeal (16), Derrick Brown (13) and Earl Clark (12) just ran wild on us tonight. Clark and Hunter defended well and grabbed 8 boards each.”

" But even with all that we still played well. Gelly Belly had 18 points and 7 boards to aid my 14 and 10. I mean i had a double-double but never really played outstanding. Looks like i got to raise my playing level once again. A bonus for us was the production from rookie Big Pete, scoring 11 points off the bench. A few hard lessons to be learned here. Never ever write off your closest rivals. With that win they are 3rd in the East, 2 games behind the Energy, and a half game ahead of the Bayhawks. We've got the Bayhawks up next, and they'll be determined to catch the Armor with a win."

"In other news around the D-League, the Kings sent G Eugene Jeter down to the Reno Bighorns, the Spurs sent SF Davis Bertans down to the Toros. And finally the first call up! The Utah Jazz recalled SF Jeremy Evans from the Flash. Nothing major but at least its not just all one way traffic to the D-League!"

Last edited by seaboh; 06-18-2011 at 08:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »