Home

Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

This is a discussion on Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #33
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

Game 15 Erie Bayhawks 80 – 86 Maine Red Claws

Ewing Jr. again recorded a double-double, and with 5 assists to boot, really impressed the NBA scouts in attendance.

Dec 30, 2011 - ERE at MNE
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Erie Bayhawks (7-7)2312261980
Maine Red Claws (12-2)2026231786
Maine Red Claws
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Patrick Ewing Jr.364-90-16-810510214

Bayhawks Starters
B. Uzoh
B. Hansbrough
A. Gee
J. Peterson
J. Boone

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
A. Acker
M. Gelabale
P. Ewing Jr.
E. Curry

Game Leaders
Pts - 23 - M. Gelabale (Red Claws)
Rebs - 11 - T. Zubcic (Bayhawks)
Asts - 5 - P. Beverly (Red Claws)
Stls - 6 - P. Beverly (Red Claws)
Blks - 2 - D. Nichols (Red Claws)

Ewing’s Epilogue

“Great win tonight. The Bayhawks are getting stronger and really challenging for 3rd spot in the East. We had to pull out all the stops to get the W. I had 14 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists. Getting better and my work after practices is really starting to payoff. My overall game is getting better. Because we have so many great shooters and slashers on the court, we can really run some great offenses. Gelabale had 23 and Nichols had 20 pts and 7 boards. Beverly filled the stat sheet up with 6pts, 6 assists and 5 steals. Eddy Curry again worked hard and had 9 pts and 9 rebounds.”

" Tomislav Zubcic looked like Hedo Turkoglu out there tonight. 15 pts, 11 rebounds and 5 assists for the 6'11" point forward. He really ran the show for Erie. He was ably aided by Jamine Peterson (15 pts, 7rebs), Jeremy Lin (12 pts) and Ben Hansbrough (11 pts). Disappointing though was Alonzo Gee who never really had an impact on the game.

"No major news in the D-League this week, but the holiday period is always like this. Dad came home for dinner on Xmas, as the Magic were playing the Celtics in TD Garden. I went to watch a thriller, and the Magic came out on top in the end. The Magic have been on a run of late, and are tied with the Knicks for 7th spot in the East. It was a disappointing loss for the C's who are now 5 games behind Miami for the lead in the conference, but a full 2 games ahead of Indiana."
Old 06-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #34
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

December Review

NBA D-League Standings

NBA Standings - Updated: Jan 1, 2012
EAST PLAYOFF RACEWLGB
Maine Red Claws132
Iowa Energy1074.0
Springfield Armor864.5
Erie Bayhawks796.5
Dakota Wizards6107.5
Sioux Falls Skyforce597.5
Fort Wayne Mad Ants4108.5
WEST PLAYOFF RACEWLGB
Reno Bighorns113
Rio Grande Valley Vipers1051.5
Utah Flash842.0
Tulsa 66ers1062.0
Idaho Stampede863.0
New Mexico Thunderbirds596.0
Bakersfield Jam5106.5
Texas Legends496.5
Austin Toros3128.5

Ewing’s Epilogue

The great start to the season continues for us leading the east at 13-2. We have a big lead over the Iowa Energy of 4 games. But we cant take our foot off the steam at all. Things change very quickly from January onwards in the D-league, with call ups and send downs every few days. NBA teams look to strengthen up for the playoff runs, and dont really look at what teams they are drawing players from.

The Reno Bighorns are leading the west at 11-3. My former club are playing well. I look forward to playing them on the 12th of January, our only matchup of the season. Clash of the titans, as both teams are leading their respective conferences quite well.

I'm pleased with my numbers this season in all categories. I'm 3rd highest scorer in the league with 20.9 ppg. Only Gary Forbes (Reno) has scored more (21.5ppg) and Bobby Brown (Legends) with (26.2 ppg). In rebounding i'm averaging 9.4 boards a game and currently lie in 5th place. Kurt Thomas (Stampede) leads the way with 11.9 rpg. Steven Hill (Flash) has 10.9, Lawrence Roberts (Skyforce) has 10.3rpg and Jeff Pendergraph (Bighorns) has 10.1rpg.

In assists, i'm ranked as the 2nd highest forward with 2.1 apg, just behind Tomislav Zubcic (Bayhawks) with 2.8 apg. Overall i'm ranked in the top 20, which is pretty darn good! I'm going to keep up my hard work and hopefully get some NBA scouts interested. Although at this stage of the season, Dad thinks i'd be better to stick it out with the Red Claws and compete for a title. Unless of course a really good offer comes along. Only time will tell.

My favorite dunk of the month vs Idaho.

Last edited by seaboh; 06-18-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #35
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Game 16 Maine Red Claws 108 - 99 Fort Wayne Mad Ants

Ewing Jr. exploded tonight, 30pts, 11 assists and 18 rebounds.

Jan 1, 2012 - MNE at FWN
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Maine Red Claws (13-2)27332820108
Fort Wayne Mad Ants (4-10)1724312799
Maine Red Claws
Patrick Ewing Jr.3313-190-14-5181100230

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
D. Nichols
M. Gelabale
P. Ewing Jr.
E. Curry

Mad Ants Starters
AJ. Price
T. White
C. Karl
R. Kurz
N. Fazekas

Game Leaders
Pts - 30 - Patrick Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Rebs - 18 - Patrick Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Asts - 23 - AJ. Price (Mad Ants)
Stls - 2 - D. Noel (Mad Ants)
Blks - 2 - N. Fazekas (Mad Ants)

Ewing's Epilogue

"About damn time. I brought my A game tonight, and finally got the stats to prove it. 30 pts, 18 boards and 11 assists. NBA scouts take notice!" .

"Solid win tonight over the Mad Ants who are bottom of the conference for a reason. Porous defence all night long. Gelly Belly (22), Nichols (17) and Curry (12) took advantage everytime they could. Jared Jordan had 7 assists and Patrick Beverly had 5 assists to compliment my 11 dimes. We really opened Fort Wayne up, and got to run our bench in the 4th quarter."

With a real run n' gun style the Mad Ants played all offense, and no defense. Terrico White scored 20, Coby Karl 16. Nick Fazekas had 15 pts and 10 rebounds. AJ price ran the show with 15 points and 23 assists. They had some good shooters, but the lack of depth in the post really hurt them. We seemed to be able to get to the cup at will. They need to add some defense or they will stay at the bottom of the conference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #36
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Really liking this, keep it up!!
Old 06-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #37
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Thanks jct32! I'm really enjoying writing this. Keep playing a few games every day and then writing them up very quickly. I think what keeps me interested is the fact i dont know if a team will sign Ewing Jr. up or not. I am controlling a franchise but i want to resist signing him with that franchise. And also if he gets signed up, i can play for many teams. Doing a one team franchise is difficult to keep interested in, at least this way if it gets boring i can change!
Old 06-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #38
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Game 17 Maine Red Claws 87 - 83 Fort Wayne Mad Ants

Ewing Jr. has been playing at an elite level recently, adding another double-double tonight, his 6th in recent weeks.

Jan 2, 2012 - MNE at FWN
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Maine Red Claws (14-2)1617233187
Fort Wayne Mad Ants (4-12)2614172683
Maine Red Claws
Patrick Ewing Jr.356-91-15-612510318

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
D. Nichols
M. Gelabale
P. Ewing Jr.
E. Curry

Mad Ants Starters
AJ. Price
T. White
C. Karl
R. Kurz
N. Fazekas

Game Leaders
Pts - 27 - M. Gelabale (Red Claws)
Rebs - 12 - Patrick Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Asts - 5 - Patrick Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Stls - 2 - AJ. Price (Mad Ants)
Blks - 2 - N. Fazekas (Mad Ants)

Ewing's Epilogue

"Relieved at getting a win tonight! Started off very slowly,only scoring 33 points in the first half. I grabbed another double-double tonight. Really on a great run lately. Charles Oakley has helped me out so much with rebounding, i think everyone can see the results now." .

"Gelabale had 27 points and Nichols had 16 points. Great performance from both of those guys. Gelly Belly is averaging 19.1ppg so far this year, and whether he starts or plays 6th man, he always contributes. Patrick Beverly is another guy playing very well, 7 pts, 8 rebs, 5 asts and 2stls."

"For the Mad Ants, Coby Karl (15), AJ Price (15) and Terrico White (14) led all scorers. They have some quick athletic guys who can be difficult to contain on the break. But their inferior post play cost them again. Nick Fazekas held the Fort down as long as he could, but 9 rebounds and 2 blocks can only prolong the onslaught so long. Maybe the Pacers, Pistons or Bucks have some guys they can assign to help out down low. Because without them, they just havent got a chance."

"The Clippers signed Earl Clark to a 1yr $480k deal. They needed some help down low as Chris Kaman and rookie Keith Benson have gone down with long term injuries. I got to admit, i'm disappointed about not getting a phonecall from the Clippers, but credit to Earl, he played hard on a poor team, put up some big numbers, got some double-doubles and got his reward. Dont know what i'm doing wrong really. Might drop Earl a text and wish him good luck though."
Old 06-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #39
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Game 18 Dakota Wizards 89 – 74 Maine Red Claws

Ewing Jr. shot well tonight, and with defense like this, its no surprise.

Jan 6, 2012 - DAK at MNE
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Dakota Wizards (6-11)2319192889
Maine Red Claws (15-2)1613242174
Maine Red Claws
Patrick Ewing Jr.356-110-05-713410317

Wizards Starters
R. Ivey
M. Peterson
J. Kapono
J. Singleton
P. O' Bryant

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
A. Acker
M. Gelabale
P. Ewing Jr.
E. Curry

Game Leaders
Pts - 20 - J. Singleton (Wizards)
Rebs - 13 - P. Ewing Jr. (Red Claws)
Asts - 5 - P. Beverly (Red Claws)
Stls - 3 - D. George (Wizards)
Blks - 2 - J. Singleton (Wizards)

Ewing’s Epilogue

“Disappointing loss tonight. Lots of players didnt show up for us. I bagged another double-double with 17pts and 13 rebounds, but it just wasnt enough. Eddy Curry helped greatly in the post too, with 12 points and 11 boards. But very little else helped us out. Nichols had 12 and Gelabale had 11, but the next highest scorer was Beverly with 6. You just cant beat teams if you dont score.”

"James Singleton was excellent for them. He has 20 and 10 from the post. A real handful tonight. Jason Kapono shot well and added 15 points. Then the old vets stepped up, and Mo Peterson had 15, Royal Ivey 12 and Anthony Johnson 13 off the bench. Devean George was all over the court and had 8 rebounds and 3 steals. An excellent 6th man made the difference for Dakota."

"Hard to see why Dakota are 2nd last in the East, maybe age catches up with them in back to back games. Here's hoping, as we play them again tomorrow night."
Old 06-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #40
Retro NBA Nut

seaboh's Arena

Game 19 Dakota Wizards 75 – 109 Maine Red Claws

Dakota stepped their defense up tonight and made it difficult for Ewing Jr. to score.

Jan 7, 2012 - DAK at MNE
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Dakota Wizards (7-11)914292375
Maine Red Claws (15-3)30323017109
Maine Red Claws
Patrick Ewing Jr.344-100-24-511500212

Wizards Starters
R. Ivey
M. Peterson
J. Kapono
J. Singleton
P. O' Bryant

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
A. Acker
M. Gelabale
P. Ewing Jr.
E. Curry

Game Leaders
Pts - 32 - M. Peterson (Wizards)
Rebs - 14 - E. Curry (Red Claws)
Asts - 6 - A. Johnson (Wizards)
Stls - 3 - D. George (Wizards)
Blks - 2 - F. Jones (Wizards)

Ewing’s Epilogue

“What a blow-out tonight. Wizards just cant put two great performances back to back. Well apart from Mo Pete with 32! He literally kept Dakota in the game single handedly. Well it was pretty much over at half time. Anthony Johnson added 13 points and 6 assists, but aside from that, no one else had double figures in any column for Dakota.”

"Gelabale and Nichols had a shootout tonight. Gelly Belly was back to his usual self with 28. Demetris Nichols is so competitive, he didnt want to be subbed out late on. He was on 27 when Coach Ainge subbed him out! Baby Shaq put up some solid numbers again, 16 pts and 14 rebounds. Alongside me we beasted on defense. I struggled to score, but didnt need to with Gelabale and Nichols on fire tonight. I racked up 5 assists, from passes to both of them! But hey, another double-double aint too shabby..."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »