Home

Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

This is a discussion on Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #57
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

Game 25 Maine Red Claws 86 - 111 Rio Grande Valley Vipers

The spotlight and cameras were on Ewing Jr. tonight, and he didnt disappoint. 16 points, 10 rebounds and 3 assists.

Jan 19, 2012 - @
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
(19-5)3025141786
(12-8)18372630111
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Patrick Ewing Jr.29``6-140-04-510311016

Red Claws Starters
P. Beverly
A. Ray
D. Nichols
P. Ewing Jr.
E. Curry

Vipers Starters
M. James
D. Brown
W. Herrman
P. Patterson
S. Swift

Game Leaders
Pts - 24 - P. Patterson (Vipers)
Rebs - 11 - S. Swift (Vipers)
Asts - 6 - J. Jordan (Red Claws)
Stls - 2 - P. Beverly (Red Claws)
Blks - 3 - S. Swift (Vipers)

Ewing’s Epilogue

“Man another loss. Another blowout. First time we have lost 2 games in a row all season. Vipers are very stong all over the floor. We scored more tonight, but gave up over 100. Which is very disappointing. They made almost all their shots in the first quarter and 2nd. 67 points at half time to our 43. Patrick Patterson showed his NBA caliber game off once again, scoring 24 points from all over the floor. I struggled to keep up with him, but i feel i done well to keep him under 30. He shot 11-17 from the field!”

" Mike James outplayed Beverly again, this time dropping 19. Devin Brown had 16, Jonathan Bender 13, Swift 13 pts and 11 boards. Walter Herrmann also had double figures with 13 points and 7 boards."

"Our only players to ball tonight were Demetris Nichols with 23, Baby Shaq with 16 and 8 boards and myself. I think i played quite well. Boxed out and kept my run of double-double's going. A few assists to Gelabale as usual, but he only had 9 points. Patrick Beverly played a little better than yesterday, 10 points, 6 assists and 2 steals."

"Now onto the most exciting part of the evening! There has been a great buzz around here all day. We caught some other D-League games earlier, the Iowa Energy beating the Reno Bighorns in a thriller 99 - 98. The Bulls have just recently assigned N. Mirotic to the Energy and he was excellent today. The Bighorns have lost David Andersen who has been signed up by the Houston Rockets. The lowly Texas Legends have been handed Dominique Jones from the Mavs for the rest of the season.

Our local rivals the Springfield Armor have made a few personnel changes over the last few days. Dexter Pittman has been signed up by the Heat on a 10 day contract. And to replace him, the Armor have gone out and acquired F Malcolm Thomas and C Greg Smith. The Golden State Warriors seem to feel they made a mistake by releasing Jeremy Lin this offseason. Due to his strong play with the Bayhawks, they've signed him up for the rest of the year. The Bayhawks then picked up Brazilian C Lucas Noguiera for the rest of the year.

Speaking of the Warriors, they want to talk to me later! The Blazers, Kings and Hornets are also scheduling meetings with me later. A little different to what i hd been hearing about yesterday. Interesting to hear their proposals. Hoping for a contract for the rest of the season, but will just have to see what makes most sense. Might ring dad after the interviews."

Last edited by RMJH4; 12-03-2021 at 02:59 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #58
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Lightning strikes twice for New Orleans Hornets and Ewing Jr.

The New Orleans Hornets announced today that they have signed forward Patrick Ewing Jr. to a 10-day contract. In a situation very similar to last season, David West got injured, and the Hornets signed Ewing Jr. to fill some minutes. This year West has again fallen foul of injury, this time to a sprained foot. He will be unavailable to play for the next 2-4 weeks. Ewing Jr. played 9 games for the Hornets last season, and although many believed he played well, the Hornets did not sign him this offseason. The fully fit West and Landry were working very well as a tandem so far this season. However as needs must, they called up a man they know can fill that exact role again.

Ewing Jr. has played in 25 games this season with the Maine Red Claws of the NBA Development League, averaging 19.4 points, 10.9 rebounds and 2.9 assists. Ewing Jr. had discussions with the Sacramento Kings, Golden State Warriors and Portland Trailblazers this weekend. All teams offered 10 day contracts. Ewing Jr. said he choose New Orleans because "I know a lot of the guys on the roster, and I love the City of New Orleans." Although when David West returns from injury he realises his stay might be cut short. "Yea I know what the situation is. I want to play and contribute well with the Hornets, and worst case scenario, i put myself in the shop window for another playoff chasing team."

Ewing Jr. will be sorely missed by the Maine Red Claws who he led to an excellent 19-6 start. His coach Austin Ainge had the following to say:

"He definitely gave our fans something to be excited about," Head Coach Ainge said. "When we got him, we weren’t just picking him up as a good player - we didn't realize what a good person he was. You'd think a guy with a famous dad would come in and be a prima donna, and he was the exact opposite. He did every public appearance, put in extra time at practice and was polite with the media. I wish Patrick all the best in his 10 days with the Hornets, and hopefully he gets a chance to stay on. If not we will certainly welcome him back here with open arms."

Hornets fans will be hoping for some of this explosive play over the next ten days.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Woo time for the big leagues ay
Old 06-25-2011, 04:00 AM   #60
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

First off, I love this thread. This story idea is personally my all-time favorite. You're doing a great job. You've actually got me thinking about doing a similar one with an undrafted player in last night's draft.

I do have a couple of questions, though.

1. Are you doing this via My Player or in Association Mode?

2. And how are you getting more than just two "real" players on your NBDL team? Because after I was messing around with it and found out you could only have two players down in the NBDL at one tiem.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #61
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Cool thanks guys! Excited about the call up too!

Hey hoopla32, yea its a different perspective to take alright and i've found it enjoyable. Lots of undrafted players from draft such as Ben Hansbrough and Scottie Hopson etc that could make good stories. I'll follow if you do a story like that.

For the NBDL, i assume you are going to sim the first season. But before you do, go and edit all the fake NBDL players age to 45. Then when you sim the season they will all( or at least 99percent) will retire. The cpu will fill from the free agency pool and undrafted rookies. Now if your player gets drafted what you can do is trade him / release him and sign him up by the d-leagues nba affiliate team. and then assign him. one extra touch i made was to trade each drafted player from the other night to their correct team. gives it more realism i think. I'm doing via association mode, because i can easily change teams whenever i need. Sometimes i play on player lock and sometimes as the whole team.

Its time consuming to get it all set up correctly, but as you can see it makes for and enjoyable and interesting story! Realism for me is the key, so look out for your favorite drafted rookies to be playing with their proper teams from now on!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #62
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopla32
2. And how are you getting more than just two "real" players on your NBDL team? Because after I was messing around with it and found out you could only have two players down in the NBDL at one tiem.
If you take the age of all the current NBDL players generated by the game and make them 45/44, they will all retire at the end of the season (for the most part). To fill the NBDL rosters, the game will send undrafted rookies and free agents to those teams. That's how he got real players there.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #63
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

Game 1 New Orleans Hornets 119 - 115 Houston Rockets

Ewing Jr. gave a scoring punch off the bench tonight, helping the Hornets to an overtime victory.

Jan 21, 2012 - Hornets @ Rockets
TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
New Orleans Hornets (24-19)2315323217119
Houston Rockets (20-22)2827242313115
New Orleans Hornets
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Patrick Ewing Jr.126-81-23-44101016

Hornets Starters
C. Paul
S. Brown
T. Ariza
C. Landry
E. Okafor

Rockets Starters
J. Flynn
K. Martin
C. Budinger
M. Morris
D. Motiejunas

Game Leaders
Pts - 41 - K. Martin (Rockets)
Rebs - 12 - D. Motiejunas (Rockets)
Asts - 17 - C. Paul (Hornets)
Stls - 2 - C. Paul (Hornets)
Blks - 2 - C. Landry (Hornets)

Ewing’s Epilogue

“Great victory on the road to start tonight! I'm on top of the world today, first i sign a 10 day contract with the Hornets, and then we play like this! I had 16 points in 12 minutes, 2 more than Carl Landry had in 32 minutes! I also had 4 boards an assist and block to boot! Great start. It's going to be easy to settle in here, i already know most of the players. The Hornets basically have the same roster as last year. They've just added Shannon Brown, Peja Stojakovic, Eric Dampier and Keith Bogans.”

" Kevin Martin and Shannon Brown had a real shootout tonight. Martin was unstoppable with 41. Both played equally bad defence however and ran wild on offence. Trevor Ariza had 19 points and 9 boards and was solid on both ends of the court. CP3 had only 8 points, but he had 5 rebounds and 17 assists, he really runs this show. Anytime i got open, he hit me with an on point pass. Such a luxury to have a guy like him around. Jarrett Jack also played the 6th man role well, with 15 big points off the bench."

"The Rockets main threat was Martin as i mentioned. But late in the game the Rockets played a lot of small ball. With Lowry, Dragic and Jonny Flynn on the court, Martin played the 4. That was a big reason Carl Landry was off his game tonight, having to chase Kevin around. Flynn had 16 points and Lowry 12. The Rockets big Lithuanian Centre Motiejunas was strong with 15 points and 12 rebounds. A tough match tonight, but on paper we expected to scrape a win."

"I'm really delighted to get another chance here in New Orleans. I turned down the Kings, Blazers and Warriors. Mostly because i know the system, players and the City of New Orleans already. They are currently 3rd in the West, which is another big reason! Think i'll go get the latest standings and have a look at the Hornets site on the flight to New Orleans. Playing Charlotte tomorrow at home. Must try and find a place to crash for the night!"

Last edited by RMJH4; 06-26-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #64
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaboh
Cool thanks guys! Excited about the call up too!

Hey hoopla32, yea its a different perspective to take alright and i've found it enjoyable. Lots of undrafted players from draft such as Ben Hansbrough and Scottie Hopson etc that could make good stories. I'll follow if you do a story like that.

For the NBDL, i assume you are going to sim the first season. But before you do, go and edit all the fake NBDL players age to 45. Then when you sim the season they will all( or at least 99percent) will retire. The cpu will fill from the free agency pool and undrafted rookies. Now if your player gets drafted what you can do is trade him / release him and sign him up by the d-leagues nba affiliate team. and then assign him. one extra touch i made was to trade each drafted player from the other night to their correct team. gives it more realism i think. I'm doing via association mode, because i can easily change teams whenever i need. Sometimes i play on player lock and sometimes as the whole team.

Its time consuming to get it all set up correctly, but as you can see it makes for and enjoyable and interesting story! Realism for me is the key, so look out for your favorite drafted rookies to be playing with their proper teams from now on!
Thanks. I was leaning towards Hansbrough, Jereme Richmond or Hopson. I think I can get a pretty good story out of Hansbrough and Richmond.

I already downloaded an updates roster off of 2K Share with all the rookies on their correct teams and the players that were part of draft night trades on the correct team. I played an NBDL game last night just to get a feel for it, and I'm definitely going with your idea of making all the generic players 45 years old. Everyone was just so awful. There were so many routine plays that ended up being a turnover or missed wide-open layup.

Also, did you start the Association controlling the Hornets or is there a way to switch user controlled teams mid-Association?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »