Home

The "Dark Knight" Rises: A Detroit Pistons Dynasty (NBA 2k11)

This is a discussion on The "Dark Knight" Rises: A Detroit Pistons Dynasty (NBA 2k11) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
Out of the Park Baseball 23 Review: Newcomers Welcome
AEW: Fight Forever - New Gameplay Footage and Details
How to Fix The Rec in NBA 2K

Old 07-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: The "Dark Knight" Rises: A Detroit Pistons Dynasty (NBA 2k11)

You've got a silent follower here, the thing I love about Pistons is that its a team you can rebuild without having to keep any parts.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Vindicated....Sorta
Pistons Not Satisfied with 93-83 Over Heat

F Andrea Bargnani rises for a jumper in front of a raucous sellout crowd.

After Tuesday night's nationally-televised 93-83 victory over the hated Miami Heat, the Detroit Pistons are riding high....right? They're ecstatic after success against a team that beat them 8 out of 9 times they met last season, correct? Not really.

As big a game as Tuesday's matchup of conference powers was, in the grand scheme of things it was just one game in a regular season full of 82 of them.

"This team embarrassed us last year in the playoffs," said Darius Knight at his locker after the game. "One regular season win doesn't change that."

Even though the team refuses to put much stock in Tuesday's big win, which moved them to 5-1 on the young season, we'll proceed to do it anyway....because that's what we do!

The player of the game for Detroit was Andrea Bargnani, who posted a line of 26 points, 6 rebounds, and a monstrous six blocks on Tuesday night. The Heat simply had nobody on their roster who could defend the 7-foot shooting machine. They also learned that he's not a shabby defender either.

"I just tried to contest everything and rotate when other guys needed my help," said Bargnani of his six blocks. "Our goal is to be an elite defense in this league. As they say, defense wins championships, and that's our goal around here."

Darius Knight had a major contribution on this night as well, once again leading the team in scoring with 29 big points to go with 3 boards and an assist. Andre Iguodala chipped in 17 points as well, and Ben Uzoh was big off the bench with 9 points, 3 rebounds, and 4 assists.

"We had multiple contributions in this one," said coach Tyrone Corbin. "Against this team, you have to have that because their big 3 are so dynamic and talented. If you have to rely on one or two players to do your heavy lifting, you're going to get beat. They just have too many guys who can take over a game."

Instead, it was the Pistons who took over the game in the 4th quarter with a 20-10 run, getting big stretches from Andre Iguodala, Ben Uzoh, and Darius Knight.

"Look, this was a big win," said Knight. "They all are. But we won't be satisfied until we get back to that stage (the Eastern Conference Finals), and then win. And even there, it won't mean much unless we can win the series after that." You certainly don't get any hardware from beating the Heat in the regular season. And you don't get any from beating them in May either, not the real hardware anyway."

The Pistons aren't satisfied with beating Miami in November, because vindication is earned in June.

Detroit's Key 3

1. F Darius Knight:
29 pts (11-19 fg, 3-6 3pt), 3 reb, 1 ast

2. F Andrea Bargnani:
26 pts (11-19 fg, 2-6 3pt), 6 reb, 6 blk, 1 stl

3. G Andre Iguodala:
17pts (6-8 fg, 3-5 3pt), 1 reb, 1ast

Miami's Key 3

1. F Lebron James: 20 pts (9-14 fg, 1-2 3pt), 5 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl

2. G Dwyane Wade: 16 pts (6-17 fg, 1-3 3pt), 3 reb, 4 ast, 2 stl

3. F Chris Bosh: 6 pts (3-5 fg), 10 reb, 2 ast

Next Game: The Pistons take on the Sacramento Kings on Thursday night at 7pm. Be sure to check out pistonpower.com after the game for all the insight and analysis your heart desires!

Last edited by Truthseeker83; 07-08-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
Rookie

(I'm scrapping the boxscore template because I'm having issues with it and it is so monotonous to complete. Instead I'm simply listing the top three performances from each team....a lot more streamlined in my opinion)
Old 07-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #20
Rookie

Just an update....the Pistons just beat the Golden State Warriors, current owners of the West's best record 104-83.

Leading the charge for Detroit was Darius Knight with 44 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists.

The Pistons are now 8-1 on the year, have won 5 straight, and are looking strong.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #21
Rookie

Pistons Flex Muscles Against Bulls
Detroit Rides Dominating Start To 103-89 Victory, Wins 12th Straight Game

G Andre Iguodala shows off after drawing an and-one.

Nov. 26, 2013 - The Detroit Pistons, now 15-1, began tonight's game against Chicago with a 21-4 run, and although the Bulls managed to pull to within 6 with three minutes to go, they would get no closer. The Pistons led this one from the get-go, and looked absolutely dominant for most of it.

Andre Iguodala had a very good game as he was absolutely everywhere. His box score line? Try 26 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, and 6 steals.

Darius Knight led all scorers with 33 points, adding 2 blocks and a steal. Andrea Bargnani was also very good with 23 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 blocks.

Stay tuned to www.pistonpower.com for all you Pistons news. We've got the Monthly Review coming up shortly and you won't want to miss it. We'll look back at the month that was, let you know what's going on around the league, and even give you an idea of what college prospects (we think) the Pistons are scouting. You won't want to miss it!

Detroit's Key 3

1. F Darius Knight: 33 pts (12-23 fg, 4-9 3pt, 5-5 ft), 2 blk, 1 stl

2. G Andre Iguodala: 26 pts (10-19 fg, 1-3 3pt, 5-5 ft), 3 reb, 3 ast, 6 stl

3. F Andrea Bargnani: 23 pts (10-14 fg, 2-5 3pt, 1-1 ft), 4 reb, 4 blk

Chicago's Key 3

1. F Luol Deng: 30 pts (11-24 fg, 5-11 3pt, 3-3 ft), 2 reb, 3 ast

2. G Derrick Rose: 14 pts (6-13 fg, 1-3 3pt, 1-1 ft), 14 ast, 3 reb, 4 to

3. G Delonte West: 11 pts (3-10 fg, 1-2 3pt, 4-4 ft), 6 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl

Next Game: The Pistons will take on the Boston Celtics at the Palace on Thursday night at 7:30pm.

Last edited by Truthseeker83; 07-07-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #22
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Since you're on such a good run I'd suggest simulating the next 15 games or so. Also what sliders and difficulty are you using? I know for me it gets a bit boring when I win too much :/
Old 07-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSceptile
Since you're on such a good run I'd suggest simulating the next 15 games or so. Also what sliders and difficulty are you using? I know for me it gets a bit boring when I win too much :/
I simulated like 7 of the last 8 games, so it's not just me

I'm on HOF difficulty, and all I've altered is shooting foul and charging foul frequency on both user and cpu. I mean, I'm playing on the hardest difficulty on the game lol. Actually, I just lost the last one I simulated on the road, but it won't be included in the monthly review since it occurred on Dec. 1st.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:57 PM   #24
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker83
I simulated like 7 of the last 8 games, so it's not just me

I'm on HOF difficulty, and all I've altered is shooting foul and charging foul frequency on both user and cpu. I mean, I'm playing on the hardest difficulty on the game lol. Actually, I just lost the last one I simulated on the road, but it won't be included in the monthly review since it occurred on Dec. 1st.
Can you sim 4 more games or so, so you're in mid December and give us the statistical leaders as well as All Star race votes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »