Home

The Orange and Blue! New York Knicks [nba2k12 - Coach Mode]

This is a discussion on The Orange and Blue! New York Knicks [nba2k12 - Coach Mode] within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon1 Re: The Orange and Blue! New York Knicks [nba2k12 - Coach Mode]

Statistics heavily back it up that the winner of Game 5 almost always wins the series.. knowing that, Carmelo Anthony did his thing again trying to win it all for the Knicks by scoring 38 points but he had very little in terms of help..

The Bulls won Game 5 and the Knicks must now fend off being eliminated at The Garden.. what is disconcerting is the fact that Amar'e Stoudamire has all but vanished during these playoffs.. he's literally scoring what seems to be 5 points a game!

Has Chicago's front court affected him that badly with Noah and Boozer in there?! Because right now staring elimination right in the face.. Amar'e is sadly, M.I.A.

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

PLAYOFF PICTURE

UP NEXT: Game 6, 1st round playoffs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 11:25 AM   #66
Banned

It ended.. as it began. With the ball in Toney Douglas' hands and the fate of the team in the balance..

This season began with me entrusting my team to PG Toney Douglas trading away Chauncey "Big Shot" Billups, hoping that Toney is mature and developed enough to run the offense effectively.. needless to say, it did not turn out the way I wanted it to.

In the end.. the Knicks had the ball, 2 seconds left in the game, down by 3.. the Bulls doubled Carmelo and the inbound went to Toney Douglas, a good 3pt shooter in his own right.. except he missed.

The Knicks were eliminated by the Bulls in their own floor in 6 games

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

PLAYOFF PICTURE

UP NEXT: Rest of the Playoffs and THE FINALS
Old 10-13-2011, 01:24 PM   #67
Banned

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND

THE FINALS

FINALS MVP

Three years after they first came together in South Beach, the "Big Three" of Miami finally won their first NBA title! I find it my duty to make sure their reign at the top isn't too long

LET'S GO KNICKS!!

UP NEXT: THE NBA DRAFT
Old 10-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #68
Banned

Last year, entering the draft, I made one of the worst decisions ever by trading away Chauncey Billups moving up in the draft thinking my backup PG Toney Douglas was ready.. truth be told, my entire season was lost with that one move.. this is where I try to make it right.

Having a 23rd overall pick, I knew I had to give my team another shot at getting a good pick so I traded up once again

* * * PRE-DRAFT TRADE * * *

I didn't want to let Bill "Sky" Walker go but I had no choice, Toronto wanted him along with Tyler Hansbrough and I wanted that 11th pick

* * * NBA DRAFT DAY TRADE * * *

This is where people are probably going, "man, you got no idea what you're doing do you?" .. yes, I then traded my 11th pick and Brandon Bass because simply put, even with the 11th overall pick.. there were no players left! There was only 1 other PG and 1 other C that was even projected to go in the 1st round.. the draft was heavily favoring SG's and SF's neither of which I needed!

The Timberwolves offered a young Center and I took it because he's a project player.. I have time, it's not like I needed a player right away to start and dominate I just needed someone to plug in the middle and hopefully he'll develop into that player over time.

I'll just have to try and sign a PG during free agency

2013 NBA Draft - Round 1 Recap
PickTeamPlayerPosOVR
1HawksStephon SimmsSF76
2NetsBruce SteeleSF79
3PistonsRick HayesSG75
4CavaliersCourtney KellerSF74
5BobcatsJustin AndersonC69
6ThunderVlade LukovskiPF60
7TimberwolvesHarold SkinnerC64
8MavericksWayne HoodC65
9BucksJalen CaldwellSG63
10HornetsKeith BallSF66
11TimberwolvesBojan SebicSG62
12NetsEllis ShawSG61
13MagicPetar RancicSF61
14JazzOwen SandersC55
15KingsLeslie ColePG62
16WarriorsAlan FieldsSF60
17GrizzliesJaime PetersSG61
18SpursMalcolm McKinneySG56
19KingsEvan SpencerSF61
20ClippersMalcolm MackSG62
21CelticsGeorge BowenSF56
22PacersMatthew BoydSG59
23NuggetsPerry SimmonsSG55
2476ersCarson NewtonPG59
25RaptorsKyle LittleSG56
26BullsEkpe MfuneSG55
27HawksNeil PalmerPF55
28RocketsTed TinsleySG61
29LakersNate BookerC53
30HeatGheorghe PaunescuC55

The Timberwolves are pretty smart.. they had the 7th overall pick and chose a Center, they then traded a Center to me to get the 11th overall pick so the Timberwolves basically had 2 high draft picks in the same draft.. damn
Old 10-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #69
Banned

Free Agent Signing

First order of business was to shop for a PG, and Ramon Sessions fit the bill perfectly! He's not a star by all means but I wasn't looking for a Chris Paul or a Derrick Rose, I just wanted someone to replace the void left by Chauncey Billups and Sessions should be able to fit in quite nicely as my starting PG with Toney Douglas becoming my Sixth Man

Presenting the 2013-2014 NEW YORK KNICKS

Power Rankings

UP NEXT
Old 10-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #70
Banned

What is it about new seasons that are so exciting? For me I think it's seeing how the team I've built during the offseason translates in gameplay.. do they play well together? is there dysfunction? what kind of team will we be this year?

Those are just some of the questions this season will answer but one player in particular was where my focus was tuned to. Free Agent acquisition PG Ramon Sessions!

Last year was a disaster as even though my team turned it around and made the playoffs.. Toney Douglas' DNA was not what my vision of a PG was.. he was too much of a gunslinger, a shooting guard to be honest.. and I'm hoping Ramon is more of your prototypical set others up first and manage the game PG than a scorer

BOX SCORE

Sure, we lost by 1 point but I like what I saw from Sessions! He only took 10 shots but it was during the flow of the game.. he wasn't looking for his shot first which is exactly what I want for my PG! One thing that worries me is Carmelo once again dominating the offense with 40 points.. I would like to see a more balanced attack with everyone contributing and I know it sounds funny for me to complain about 1 player scoring 40 but I just see problems with this.. specifically, what happens when he has an off night and by team becomes too reliant on him

TEAM STATS

Player of the Game: Javale McGee

Javale McGee Signature Highlights

Javale McGee simply abused my young Center Cato ... I knew he was a project when I acquired him by trade during the NBA Draft but I didn't know he'd be abused like that..
UP NEXT
Old 10-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #71
Banned

This was more like it! No 40 point game needed, just a balanced attack with everyone seemingly contributing against the favored Celtics!

It was definitely nice to see my Knicks put together a complete game effort this early in the season winning almost every statistical category.. here's hoping it continues throughout the rest of the year!

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

UP NEXT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: The Orange and Blue! New York Knicks [nba2k12 - Coach Mode]

Just wanted to say that I've been following for a while now, just never bothered posting. Sad that Douglas failed to be that point guard you needed and even sadder that the Heats won the NBA championship against the Lakers out of everybody. Ramon Sessions looks like a good replacement. I do not agree no matter what with that trade... it was bad... really bad. You lost too much for an overall 60 center, hopefully you don't regret it. Good luck this season, looking forward to your success.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »