Home

The Greatest - NBA With ALL the Great Teams

This is a discussion on The Greatest - NBA With ALL the Great Teams within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 12
The Greatest - NBA With ALL the Great Teams

Shaq or Wilt? Magic or Bird? Olajuwon or Kareem? Jordan or.....??

Finally the biggest questions in NBA history can be answered as the greatest teams of all time will compete in a full association dynasty to determine the best of the best.

No trades or the like with only a few twists of my own. I tried as much as possible not to have duplicate players in the league but in some cases it was not possible to do. I will run the league without being in charge of one franchise, I will be a sort of commisioner over the entire league which will consist mostly of the past, and a sprinkle of the present. It will be a short 14 game season for each team and then a full playoff.

With the lockout in real life in full force, let the legends of the past give us a season we will never forget.

Last edited by hellinas00; 10-26-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The Greatest - NBA With ALL the Great Teams

before you begin i hope you took control of every single team.. edit contracts/players/etc if you have to but make sure the rosters stay AS IS..

i did a similar association last year and all hell broke loose because even legends get traded/sign with other teams/etc etc
Old 10-13-2011, 11:45 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliePrince
before you begin i hope you took control of every single team.. edit contracts/players/etc if you have to but make sure the rosters stay AS IS..

i did a similar association last year and all hell broke loose because even legends get traded/sign with other teams/etc etc
Thanks for the advice. Yes I will control all 30 teams. I will be playing out a 29 game shecdule so that each team plays eachother once before the playoffs begin.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:56 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

actually there was an addendum I wanted to add but got too lazy for it earlier, I don't know how many seasons you were thinking of doing, perhaps it's just 1 season free for all I don't know

but with nba2k11 I've tinkered with a classic association as well and looking back at it, if you take it more than 1 season, just edit every Legends starters lineups' contracts so that every team is set for 7 years..

reason being is there's a lot of things that happen in your association that make it truly, your own

-trades
-offseason when the legends become free agents, etc

if i was doing a classic legends association which I might do because I am an avid Knicks' fan (Ewing! Starks! Oakley! etc..)

I'd definitely edit every starter to be contracted for the next 7 years to avoid losing them in any offseason/etc

anyhows, have fun! that's the most important part.. hmm, I may have to work on unlocking the legends now so i can mess around with a similar association, oy! I suck lol
Old 10-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #5
Rookie

EASTERN CONFERENCE

ATLANTIC DIVISION

1. 1965 Boston Celtics
Lead by Bill Russel the Celtics will be out to prove that old school basketball lives. Russek along with KC Jones and John Havlicek will prve quite a force, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

2. 1971 New York Knicks
Walt Frazier will be sporting his skills as the champion Knicks are again out to prove they are as good as anyone. Jerry Lucas is a disciplined center and Earl Monroe help a team deep and sound.

3. 1977 Philadelphia 76ers
The Dr. will be in the house as Julius Erving in his prime make this 76er teams one of the funnest to watch. Doug Collins and World B Free are key talents as Darryl Dawkins will be the power in the middle.

4. New Jersey Nets
A team made of international stars from the present and the past. This team will consist of Drazen Petrovic, Toni Kukoc and Vlade Divac to name a few, bringing back the pioneers of the international game back.

5. 1972 LA Lakers
Some say the greatest team ever to play, Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West lead a side that has it all and will definately be out to prove that they are the best no matter what era.

Last edited by hellinas00; 10-26-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #6
Rookie

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Central Division

1. 1989 Chicago Bulls
Michael Jordan and the Bulls before they were champions. This team should be young and hungry and was inlcuded because of the talent around Jordan that eventually lead to their first championship run. Still look for this Jordan to be the odds on favorite to win the scoring title.

2. Indiana Pacers
This team will be devised of modern day NBA talent. I willnot make this team into an allstar team but rather a team of solid players that will display the talent in the current league. Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant lead a team that should be hard to beat.

3. 1971 Milwaukee Bucks
Two of the greatest players of all time in Oscar Robertson and Kareem Abdul Jabaar make this team one of the best in history. The inside out game in outstanding and Kareem in his prime is everybit as good or better anyone else.

4. 1989 Detroit Pistons
The original Bad Boys are back to mix it up and more then anything to win games. The defensive skill of this team with Joe Dumars and Dennis Rodman as physical as it gets. This team loves to fight but also loves to compete.

5. 1990 Cleveland Cavs
Without Michael Jordan in the division to give them fits, this Cavs team may actually do great. Mark Price and Craig Ehlo make a nice back court while Larry Nance and Brad Daugherty give them what they need inside.

Last edited by hellinas00; 10-26-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:04 AM   #7
Rookie

EASTERN CONFERENCE

SOUTHEAST DIVISION

1. Miami Heat
The modern day Heat with their big three will take the court and take the hits against players and teams that have critisized them. If the Heat and Labron wanted to really show how good they are, this is the place.

2. 1995 Orlando MagicShaq and Penny look to take the division by storm with their young enthusiasm and flashy play. Nich Anderson and Dennis Scott add to a team that is fun to watch and very dangerous.

3. Chicago Bulls
The modern Bulls lead by none other then MVP Derrik Rose. The Bulls are deep and won more games then a number of other teams in this dynasty. Carlos Boozer and Lual Deng will need to support Rose as the yougn star tries to prove that a Bulls team without Mr Jorda, can do more then anyone may think.

4. 1993 Charolette Hornets
Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson lead a strong front court as the original Charolette team can shoot and slam with the best. Kendall Gill and Mugsy Bouges are quick but will need to prove they can hit the open J.

5. 1971 Atlanta Hawks
Pistol Pete Maravich and Lou Hudson lead a team that history may have forgot about but one filled with talent ahead of its time. Maravich of course is the man to watch and will be fun to watch against the other star points in the league. Being overlooked these Hawks will make a playoff run.

Last edited by hellinas00; 10-26-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:59 AM   #8
Rookie

Western Conference

Northwest Division

1. Boston Celtics
The modern day Celtics may have age against them but they know how to win and have showed this in the past. The "big three" is supported by a good point guard in Rajan Rondo and the team can play defense when it needs to. Ray Allen is also the best shooter ever to lace them up.

2. 1996 Chicago Bulls
Maybe the greatest team of all time this side won 72 games and is at the head of everylist as favorites. Jordan is still at his best and with Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pippen doing their thing look for the Bulls to make it all click on the biggest of stages. They will however have a target on their back as the team to beat.

3. 1991 Portland TrailBlazers
The Blazers are a deep team that revolves around their leader Clyde Drexler and their sharp shooter Danny Ainge. The team can also crash the boards and will be tough to beat especially at home in front of their crazy fans.

4. 1998 Utah Jazz
Lots of pick and roll plays will be called as MVP Karl Malone teams up a again with John Stockton and few can do it better. Again depth could be an issue here but the Jazz will be in the mix no matter what.

5. 1995 New York Knicks
The Knicks are rough and physical and feed the ball to Patrick Ewing when they need the points. This Knicks team could really be disruptive especially in the west where teams like to run. A gritty team with alot to fight for the Knicks will be tough to beat.

Last edited by hellinas00; 10-26-2011 at 07:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »