Home

[2K7] Coaching Legacy of Jonathan Tshiony

This is a discussion on [2K7] Coaching Legacy of Jonathan Tshiony within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: [2K7] Coaching Legacy of Jonathan Tshiony

@
Grambling State Tigers at Texas Longhorns
Jan 1, 1ST2NDSCORE
Grambling State (0-0)
Texas (0-0)
Game Notes
Jonathan Tshionyi will be debuting against veteran coach Tex and a power house conference team in Texas Longhorns. A team rated 82 compared to Grambling State, the worst rated team in the world at 58, obviously, the odds are against them... WAY against them. Heck, anyone would bet their life that Grambling are going to lose. texas are the better team overall and a team that could definitely contend for that NCAA Championship. Jonathan is going to be making his debut in front of a huge crowd as well but will unfortunately see his tournament championship dreams cut short in this game.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:55 PM   #10
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

Following this Undead, It makes me want a College Hoops 2k game so much!
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James
Old 10-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
Following this Undead, It makes me want a College Hoops 2k game so much!
All those other College Hoops one did the same to me. I had 10 dollars on the side and since 2K8 wasn't available I just got 2K7 instead :] Definitely worth it! Thanks for following, I'll do the same with yours
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #12
Rookie

@
Grambling State Tigers at Texas Longhorns
Nov 9, 20061ST2NDSCORE
Grambling State (0-0)302959
Texas (0-0)6872140

We were slated to lose that was rather obvious, my two assistant coaches even came to me telling me we should be content with a moral victory, that didn’t mean we weren’t going to do our best to win this game… although our best was still terrible. 5 Minutes into the half and the score was 19 to 4, one of our points coming from an outlet inbound, it was a cheap point but it got us our first points of the game. It was a repetitive game going in, turnover and them getting the easy fast break layup, with 14 minutes still left, they already had a 20 point lead. I knew we had no chance of winning but I couldn’t help but scream my frustration, this felt like a game of NBA 2K12. The game easily exposed our lack of rebounding ability and good shooters. Of course I had already realized we had terrible shooters during the March Madness game when over 30 of Owens points were from layups and only 6 points from beyond the arc for the whole squad. My strategy of running and gunning against a team with such a great defense failed as well, their center, Stiles hustled hard getting back on defense and stopping any hopes of a fast break. I finally took a time out with 12 minutes left in the half, the score, 33 to 6, no need to say who was leading of course. I’m not sure if they were mocking us, trying to give some playing time to the bench of if they were too tired from running back and forth but Texas decided to sub all their starters off. Did that change anything; not exactly 11 minutes left and they now had a 30 point lead. Our team was scared and that was obvious when instead of driving in for the layup on the fast break, Owens went for a floater from the free throw line. Of course he made up for it with a quick steal and a dunk on the next play. It would make me happy if we were able to at least reach 10 points by the end of the half. We did end up getting our 10 points off foul and 2 free throws near the ten minute mark thankfully. I did realize that despite our defense being terrible, we were able to make them struggle, most of their points came off of fast breaks, but when we were down their playing toe to toe with them, we were doing a solid job. Despite us losing by 33 points we did get the Power Bar Play of the Day when Owens got a three point off a pick. Notably the only point we had so far that hadn’t been of a cheap outlet pass. I was also happy with the little amount of fouls we had, during the March Madness game we had over 20 fouls collected throughout the whole who game, 40 with both teams, this time we were playing smart D and even got a charge. One of the brighter spots of this game was definitely Elvin Mobley, this 5’10 junior shooting guard visibly frustrated Texas. 2 steals, 5 points and 2 offensive rebound, he was walking through their defense rather easily. Furthermore, since that 30 point lead in the 11 minute mark, now at the 4 minute mark, they were still only winning by 30 points which meant we had kept the score even since then. Of course, seems the other coach realized that as well and upped the tempo, end of the half? 30 to 68 points. They were destroying us every way possible. The player of the half was Marvin Frandsen with 17 points in 60% shooting.

Believe it or not, we had the lead the first four minutes of the second half and while it was simply by 3 points and they were playing a bit more relaxed, I was still pleased with the performance. Owens was shooting just above 50% with 23 points and 4 steals at that point while only 4 others guys had scored for the team. Looks like I jinxed the game though, they came right back to get a 40 point lead. That 40 point lead soon evolved into a 50 point lead as well in those 4 minutes of intense defense dwindled to 4 minutes of terrible defense. The 6’9 sophomore center by the name of Francis Ball was racking in those rebounds with 13 in total and 8 points. He was terrible on offense but he had so many second chance opportunities. Him and the other 6’9 freshman who had 5 rebounds to add up to that count. Stiles was killing it as well with a double, 10 points and 11 rebounds with 10 minutes left in the quarter, hell their whole team were destroying us. It wasn’t long before their 50 point lead then become a 60 point lead. I could only beg and hope that we did not lose by more than 70 points. Of course despite that, they were able to surpass even a 70 point lead. At that point I sat down, leaned back, and waited for the 3 minutes to pass by. As if to add insult to injury, instead of running the clock down, they laid it in for an EIGHTY POINT VICTORY. Shaking hands wasn’t going to happen today, my debut in front of thousands of fans and we lost by 80 points. I wouldn’t have been surprised to receive a message on my phone telling me I’d be relieved of my duties.

Grambling State Tigers
Byron Owens: 32 pts, 4 steals, 5 turnovers, 13-23, 23 minutes
Samuel Louh: 6 points, 5 rebounds, 3 blocks, 30 minutes

Texas Longhorns
Marvin Frandsen: 23 points, 3 assists, 3 steals, 3 turnovers, 16 minutes
Dee Stiles: 12 points, 12 rebounds, 5-6, 13 minutes
Marcellus Snowden: 16 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists
Yamene Barnes: 22 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals
Francis Ball: 12 points, 15 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks
Columbus Sidney: 19 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals
Allen Ervin: 15 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists
Old 10-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #13
Rookie

That's the last update for today. Wondering if anyone will actually read that whole recap O_O
Old 10-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #14
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead
All those other College Hoops one did the same to me. I had 10 dollars on the side and since 2K8 wasn't available I just got 2K7 instead :] Definitely worth it! Thanks for following, I'll do the same with yours
Yours inspired me to do mine, the only thing I wish I knew how to do well is make good photoshop or good presentation on my posts.
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »