Home

Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode

This is a discussion on Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode

I'm surprised Michael Jordan is not in the MVP Races ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 11:49 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumplylumpkin
I'm surprised Michael Jordan is not in the MVP Races ?
yeah, possibly because his bulls are hovering around .500

in terms of player, he's like 99ovr
Old 11-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #27
Banned

Icon1 Re: Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode

82 Games have been played and the Season has officially ended.. will the cream rise to the top as they say and feature all the Legendary Teams or will the new-modern NBA make their own mark in this Collission of Titans?!

Let's see, some surprises are definitely in store for us as we review the 2011-2012 Season and head into the playoffs

Atlantic Division --------------- Central Division --------------- Southeast Division

- Patrick Ewing's 95-Knicks team reign atop the Atlantic Division followed by the 70s Knicks. What's interesting to see here is Bill Russel's Celtics being in the middle of the pack in spite of their team being ranked 1st in DEF OFF and OVR! Yep, you heard it right.. Bill Russel's Celtics perhaps the team from the oldest NBA era leads the league in these rankings with 99 for OFF DEF and OVR

- The Central Division is extremely interesting because even though Bird's Celtics stand on top, their records are all within striking distances of each other. Michael Jordan's Bulls, Zeke's Pistons and even the modern Rose-led Bulls pretty much are all similar record-wise and to be honest, I'm not surprised at all to see all 4 teams make the Playoffs!

- The Miami Heat own the best record in the league.. I don't know how many are shocked about this or expected it.. but it shows how today's modern-stars can most certainly compete against the Myths of Legend! Of course it doesn't hurt that the absolutely horrific Atlanta Hawks led by Dominique Wilkins had one of the worst seasons in history. A historian noted to me how the Hawks were never really "winners" like all these other legendary teams and Dominique was highlight-reel certainly but not in the league of Champions. Certainly, that team got exposed and exposed badly! Don't sleep on SHAQ's Magic.. the gltiz and buzz may be around the Heat but the Magic have been keeping up with them pretty much step for step!

Southwest Division --------------- Northwest Division --------------- Pacific Division

- The Sonic Boom duo of "The Glove" and "The Rain Man" was off to a rough start but they shocked me by rising to win their division. If I was a betting man, I'd have wagered Hakeem's Rockets or the Twin Tower Spurs would've been the dominant team here. I can only imagine what happened to the Bucks.. Young Kareem and Oscar started this year rising to the top but has since then fallen to the bottom.. perhaps an injury got them? Not quite sure..

- The Northwest makes me smile because it turns out that the cream really did rise to the top. For most of this season, Elgin Baylor and West's Lakers team was the dominant force here and I even wondered in past updates why Wilt's Lakers were struggling.. but the cream truly does rise to the top as Wilt's Lakers won their division.

- No surprise here as Magic's Lakers not only win but is the clear-cut best team in the Pacific division. What does surprise me is the fact that the team which rushed to the top at the beginning of the year is now at the bottom. Young Kobe and Shaq's Lakers have most definitely struggled. Another surprise is Kobe and Gasol's Lakers are 2nd in the division only to Magic's crew.

Eastern Conference --------------- Western Conference --------------- Power Rankings

- if you really decipher the Conference Standings, what stands out to you? Perhaps it's a generational thing because there is no doubts that right now and have been for a long time, that the WEST teams have been the dominant teams in the NBA. But really, that's just to new people.. the EAST have been the Power Conference for so long because of Jordan's Reign to the Knicks to SHAQ's Magic and Penny.. truly, it was the EAST that was the "Better" Conference. I for one am enthused that the East has once again shown to be the "Power" Conference

- Anyone know how Power Rankings work? Though the Heat holds the best record in the League, SHAQ and Penny's Magic are the #1 Power Ranked team in the league! I'm not against that, I do think that Magic team is a true force to be reckoned with

Most Valuable Player

- Yes, let the debate rage on.. the only thing I can say is read the Description of the Most Valuable Player.. and then know that the Heat has the best record in the league and is the #1 overall playoff seed

Rookie of the Year

- Rookie of the Year and Future Hall of Famer His only real competition to be honest was "Pistol" Pete Maravich whose Hawks are lottery bound not playoff bound

Sixth Man of the Year

- this cracks me up Elden Campbell?! haha! Bill Walton finished 2nd and Doug Christie of my 95 Knicks finished 3rd..

Defensive Player of the Year

I stand and I applaud.. no matter what time, no matter what era, no matter what legendary competition he may face.. the man in the middle, Bill Russell

he's made a believer out of me, he is FOR REAL

UP NEXT: 2011-2012 League Leaders and "The Real Season"
Old 11-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #28
Banned

2011-2012 All-NBA 1st, 2nd and 3rd Teams

I know this will be controversial.. MJ?! Why isnt't he with the 1st Team?! that's the way the story unfolds folks, none of this is pre-determined.. it is a Collission of Legends! Dwyane Wade must've had a better year than MJ, simply put..

2011-2012 All-DEFENSIVE 1st, 2nd and 3rd Teams

- this is more like it! Look at that lineup, it makes me drool just thinking about it.. MJ, Magic, Bird, Bill Russell... Tim Duncan?? I guess Big Fundamental was the best defensive Forward to take up that spot with the 1st Teamers

Points Per Game

- Michael Jordan gave it a surge in the end but LeBron simply feated on the competition this year, I'm certain specially against Dominique's Hawks which was in his division

Leader in Rebounds

- Wilt was a beast.. 13.5 rebounds a game! Bill Russell wasn't too bad either at 12.8 and I know I am shocked at "The Mailman" coming in 3rd with 12.4 considering he's a PF and not a Center..

Assists Leader

Jason Kidd represent!! YEAH BABY go on retire with Dignity, you've certainly proven yourself capable in any era!

Steals Leader

- nobody was as smooth or had as much style as my main man Walt Frazier.. honorable mention to Larry Bird, a Forward with that many steals?! Look at those positions, nearly all Point Guards except for Larry Legend

Blocks Per Game

- There was a 3-way tie but Bill Russell gets the edge here considering he's the Defensive Player of the Year

UP NEXT: "The Real Season"

This is what it's all about.. after 82 grueling games, the dust has cleared and the real season is about to begin! Just the matchups here have me salivating.. notable mentions right away:

- LeBron and Wade's Heat vs Michael Jordan's Bulls!

- Magic's Lakers vs Durant and Westbrook's Thunder

- Larry Bird's Celtics vs my 95 Knicks.. I can't lie, I'm scared and nervous.. I didn't want my Knicks to face a "Legendary" team right out the gates.. but it is what it is

LET'S DO THIS!
Old 11-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #29
Banned

I'm on record saying this matchup in the 1st round of the playoffs makes me nervous.. Who wouldn't?! It's LARRY BIRD'S CELTICS!! What happened was an absolutely amazing game.. Both teams kept pace with each other exchanging leads pretty much on nearly every possession..

We won, but the ending has to be re-lived because it was that good! Last 11 seconds left, Celtics led by 1 point 92-91, Knicks had possession.. we were trying to get it down the post to Ewing but couldn't, so John Starks went for a 3pter, missed it but Charles Oakley grabbed the rebound and got fouled on his layup attempt.

Oak nailed both free throws giving my Knicks the win and me pumping my fists like crazy

Not everything was good though.. my Knicks lost our starting PG Derek Harper and I only wonder how this affects the series going forward

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

It wasn't all Knicks-Celtics though, as amazing as my game was.. I'd much rather have watched LeBron, Wade, Jordan and them go at it.. and what a game it was!

That's right, it's almost as if he was itching for this moment and what a statement "The King" makes against "His Airness"

That's right folks, don't blink, it's real and it happened, LeBron James goes for 57 points securing the Game 1 win!
OH. MY. GOD!!

UP NEXT: Game 2 - Ewing's Knicks vs Bird's Celtics - Quarterfinals

Last edited by CharliePrince; 11-02-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #30
Banned

Before we get to the results of Game 2, let's take a look at how the 85 Celtics and 94 Knicks match up.

-

Losing your starting PG is always rough. I made Greg Anthony my primary PG after losing Derek Harper but it seems the team has to regain its focus. Ewing drops a strong 37 point performance but that was nowhere enough as Larry Bird leads his Celtics tying the series at 1 game a piece.

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

As the playoffs go on, my favorite matchup in these 1st round quaterfinal games..

-

You knew he was going to respond.. you knew that Michael Jordan was not going to take the 57 point game 1 outburst by "The King" LeBron James lightly! Responding in his own way, MJ leads the Bulls with 45 points and a Game 2 victory even though both Wade and James dropped nearly 30 points each, it was not enough as "His Airness" simply dominated

BOX SCORES - 45 points by MJ - Game 2 victory
-

UP NEXT: Game 3 - Knicks vs Celtics - Quarterfinals
Old 11-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #31
Banned

Patrick Ewing knew how important Game 3 was and played like it. Although the Knicks is clearly a man down, Ewing put all of that aside and put New York on his shoulders leading the way with 41 points grabbing 3 rebounds and still playing solid defense with 3 blocks.

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

UP NEXT: Game 4 - Ewing's Knicks vs Bird's Celtics - Quarterfinals

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #32
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Can you part the injury report? Seems like Scottie Pippen and Chris Bosh are injured.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »