Home

Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode

This is a discussion on Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterfudge
almost got swept by the Mavericks... this does not bode well...
I know they weren't swept, you just browsed my comment D:
Old 11-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon1 Re: Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode

Hey, you.. yeah, you.. did you know that

DESTINY ends in N Y ?!

Down 3-0, the 95 Knicks claw, scrap and fight their way forcing a Game 7 only to win a close game with Patrick Ewing and John Starks leading the way to a date with Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and the Bulls at the Eastern Conference Finals!

This takes me back, I don't know about you people but it always used to be the Bulls and the Knicks deciding the fate of the East!

That is probably why everyone wanted to be like Mike except New Yorkers.. we never wanted to be like Mike, we wanted to CRUSH and BEAT Mike!

In this Collision of Legendary Teams, it seems appropriate that it once again boils down to Chicago vs New York.. Michael Jordan vs Patrick Ewing.. BULLS vs KNICKS to see who will represent the East to crown the Champion of Champions!

LET'S GET IT ON! I CAN'T WAIT

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

93 Bulls vs 95 Knicks - The Matchup

UP NEXT: Game 1 - Eastern Conference Finals

Old 11-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #59
Banned

Post Re: Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode

It's always been Knicks vs Bulls

it's always been that way..

you all wanted to be like Mike
we all wanted to crush Mike

I grew up in the midst of this rivalry, it is as familiar to me as anything in sports because I lived it. People outside New York only see NBA Finals and Michael Jordan dominating and winning the Championships.. against whoever represented the West

But that's only for that year.. People fail to realize that the winner of the Knicks-Bulls series *HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE EAST* for I think it was 5? 6? 7+? years in a row ! These two Legendary Franchises determined the eventual (it was Michael's Bulls of course) NBA Champion

I fell in love with the Knicks when I was in high school, early 90s to be exact. We were up against Michael Jordan and the Bulls going for their 2nd championship

That Knicks-Bulls series is where it all began for me, when nobody gave New York a shot, led by Pat Riley.. those undermanned Knicks established their identity for the next decade! They took the Bulls to a final decisive Game 7 and everything began from there..

most people outside the Northeast do not realize the intensity of the Bulls-Knicks' rivalry.. like I said, for a span of 7+ YEARS, the battles would produce the eventual champions.. (which usually was MJ)

I'm getting too much into history now, but it just seemed fitting that in this Clash of Legends, it once again comes down to the Knicks vs the Bulls!

[/url]

MJ wasn't having none of it. He came out aggressive reminding everyone why he is the greatest player ever and was simply unstoppable by the Knicks earning Player of the Game honors and leading Chciago to a Game 1 victory

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

Michael Jordan - Game 1 - Signature Highlights

Player of Game 1 - Michael Jordan

Playoff Headlines

UP NEXT: Game 2 - Knicks vs Bulls - Eastern Conference Championship

Last edited by CharliePrince; 11-04-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #60
Banned

You didn't think the Bulls would sweep the Knicks did you? Sure they got Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, all that Championship pedigree..

but nobody, NOBODY battles the Bulls quite like the New York Knicks!

Even though Michael Jordan dropped 37 points yet again, everyone on the Knicks contributed and helped even the series up 1 game a piece!

BOX SCORE

Playoff Headlines

UP NEXT: Game 3 - Knicks vs Bulls - Eastern Finals

Old 11-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #61
Banned

Post Re: Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode

Don't get it twisted.. as much as New Yorkers wanted to crush Mike and the Bulls, it was because he already had our deepest begrudging respect.

Respect that is extremely tough to earn..

Respect earned with unstoppable, dominating performances like this 46 point wonder he did in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals.

Not much to say here.. MJ doing what he does best.

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

Michael Jordan 46 point Signature Highlights

Game 3 Player of the Game - Michael Jordan

Playoff Headlines

UP NEXT: Game 4 - Knicks vs Bulls - Eastern Conference Finals

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #62
Banned

With Michael Jordan's dazzling talents overshadowing Games 1 and 3, Game 4 was about the Knicks digging in deep to what has become their trademark. Tenacious, physical tough defense and the big man in the middle Patrick Ewing leading the way.

4 games have been played in the Eastern Conference Championship and the Series stands tied 2 games a piece! It's the NEW YORK KNICKS vs the CHICAGO BULLS!! What else did you expect?!

BOX SCORE

TEAM STATS

Playoff Headlines

UP NEXT: Game 5! Knicks vs Bulls - Eastern Finals

Old 11-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

While your series is interesting, I'm more interested at the Lakers vs. the Mavs, champion and only current team in the league remaining vs. Magic's Lakers? Yes Please!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterfudge
While your series is interesting, I'm more interested at the Lakers vs. the Mavs, champion and only current team in the league remaining vs. Magic's Lakers? Yes Please!
i confess, the Mavericks is shocking the HELL out of me..
maybe Dirk isn't so "out of his league" after all we all know JKidd, one of my all-time favorite PG's and a guaranteed hall of famer

but yeah, all in all I am absolutely shocked at how well the Mavericks are doing in these playoffs of Legendary Teams

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »