Home

Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode

This is a discussion on Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Post Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode

Franchise Settings
Game: nba2k12 / System: PS3
Settings: 12 Min Quarters, PRO, Custom-Coach-Mode Sliders
Season Length: 82 Games (Coach Mode)

2011-2012 '95 Knicks Season recap (93 team ovr):
edit: I will be editing this post with each Yearly Association recaps as to how my team did

Last edited by CharliePrince; 11-08-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode

First off everyone, I want to say thank you once again for taking the time to visit this Dynasty.

This is simple.. 2k12 built on what 2k11 teased us with.. possibilities! Whereas 2k11 gave us samples.. 2k12 gave us full-on legendary teams! This Association is exactly that.. a Royal Rumble! THE BEST OF THE BEST!

Several precautions have been taken to ensure the.. legitimacy of this Association. First of all, I made sure that none of the teams gets broken up by enabling no trade clauses on their players as well as maximum 7 yr contracts.. barring retirement, the teams should stay as is and only build thru the Draft.

But the Starters remain the same.. Wilt's team will be as close to its original configuration as Pistol Pete's team! Even if the teams draft a highly touted rookie, they should take 1-2 seasons before they can even think of upstaging the Legendary starters.

I will be controlling the 95 Knicks and will try to build what we failed to accomplish in real life.. getting that ever-elusive ring I will be simming the 1st season just to get a headstart on imprinting my stamp on the team by getting a rookie and developing him.

As always, everything that happens will be documented here. Take a journey with me, let's see who ends up reigning the top.. will it be LeBron and the Heat? Magic's showtime? Larry Legend? Michael Jordan's Bulls?!

who knows.. but that's where the fun is Keep in mind, this is an 82 Game Season.. therefore Updates throughout the season will not be as frequent, I'll probably do updates after every month.. leading up to the playoffs where it then becomes a consistent update for every game played.

Once again thank you, and hope you enjoy.. and don't be shocked if your team does bad or isn't as good as you expected them to be.. remember, THIS IS A CLASH OF LEGENDS!!

Last edited by CharliePrince; 10-30-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:57 AM   #3
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13

will you do an update to show us the rosters Charlie?
Old 10-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
will you do an update to show us the rosters Charlie?
yea, I've barely begun I just wanted to get the Association intro done but up next are what teams made the cut, how the league looks like, etc
Old 10-31-2011, 10:07 PM   #5
Banned

Icon1 Re: Legends meets Modern! A Collision Associaiton! - nba2k12 - Coach Mode

One of the toughest things when I started this LEGENDS Collission is deciding who makes the cut and which modern teams are replaced..

there's far too many legendary teams to include them all and a lot of modern-teams simply have to be replaced to make room for them

in the end, here's what I went with

Next are the breakdowns of the teams and why they made the cut

Last edited by CharliePrince; 11-04-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
Banned

ATLANTIC DIVISION - Eastern Conference

71-72 Knicks: I am not the biggest historian, I will be honest. This Knicks team was way before my time so their names echo in halls of legend only. However, only a fool wouldn't recognize the talent this team possesses. Their names are a literal whose who of accomplishments.. Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Dave Debuscherre, Phil Jackson, "Senator" Bill Bradley, they are most definitely deserving to be in this collission of legends.

Boston Celtics: Rajon Rondo, "The Kid" Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jesus Shuttleworth Ray Allen. Who wouldn't want to see the modern celtics go up against Larry's Celtics and Bill's Celtics?!

New York Knicks: Nowhere near the league of any of the legends, but I want to see how Carmelo Anthony who possesses perhaps the best mid-range game today and Amar'e Stoudamire one of the premiere skywalkers of today fairs against the legends of yesteryear.

The Legend: Bill Russell's Celtics
Why he's in the collision: As the core of the Celtics' Dynasty, "Bill" simply dominated the paint. History tells us that Bill Russell was one of the most tenacious rebounders and fierce defenders the league has ever seen. When you think of the dominance of the Celtics, you think of the man in the middle. Bill Russell. During his reign, he was named NBA Most Valuable Player five times.

The Legend: Patrick Ewing's Knicks
Why he's in the collision: People don't realize that Patrick Ewing is one of the most talented centers of the modern era and his matchups against Michael Jordan even going back to college were legendary. In fact if memory serves me correctly, Patrick Ewing's squads was nearly unstoppable.. only stopped by MJ's squads. Yes, their battles went back to their college days. PAT-RICK EWING was truly an offensive juggernaut and is regarded by nearly everyone as the best shooting center of all-time and one of basketball's most feared defenders. Personally, it is an honor to take control of the 95 Knicks and try to win what we never did accomplish, the NBA Championship.

Last edited by CharliePrince; 11-04-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:32 PM   #7
Banned

CENTRAL DIVISION - Eastern Conference

70-71 Hawks: I am not a historian who will pretend to know much about this team. I know his name, we all do, "Pistol" Pete Maravich but do we know his story? What his team is capable of? We all heard of the things he can do, now it's time to see it for ourselves.

Bulls: Derrick Rose is regarded as perhaps the greatest point guard today, how could I possibly leave them out of this clash.

85-86 Celtics: Larry Bird's Celtics. One of the greatest clutch shooters in NBA history, his guile and determination led to three NBA titles not to mention being part of what is regarded as the greatest front court in basketball history with Parrish and McHale.

92-93 Bulls: Michael Jordan's competitiveness was legendary. His ability to hit clutch shots from anywhere on the floor and his unbelievable jumping ability made him the most unstoppable figure in NBA history. Although this team is not the record-setting team which features Rodman and Kukoc, this team I chose features a Michael in his prime and what I consider the "image" of Michael's Bulls.. Scottie, Horace, BJ Armstrong, John Paxson and co..

88-89 Pistons: One of the grittiest performers ever to play point guard, Isiah Thomas relied on intelligence, courage, and work ethic to eclipse bigger, stronger opponents. How could any Collision of Legends be complete without the Bad Boys of Detroit?!

Last edited by CharliePrince; 11-04-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:50 PM   #8
Banned

SOUTHEAST DIVISION - Eastern Conference

94-95 Magic: I am admittedly a Knicks fan, but if any team can rival my Knicks in my heart, it is the Magic when SHAQ first came in the league. Was there any fiercer combination in recent memory than the SHAQ attack and Penny? Yes, Penny! People forgot how amazing Penny Hardaway was before injuries hit him, maybe this Association will prove and realize the true potential of that team.

84-85 76ers: Perhaps the most spectacular basketball player ever, "Dr. J" Julius Erving almost single-handedly revolutionized the game. His gravity-defying aerial assaults on the rim dazzled fans and lit up the scoreboard. He brings his entire crew with him such as Moses Malone to take on the other legendary teams.

Heat: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade joining forces in South Beach started all this "What If" scenarios.. let's see how "The Big Three" today measures up against the Legends of HISTORY.

Magic: Dwight Howard, "Superman" himself in a league now dominated by finesse and smaller players is in a league of his own. Unquestionably the most dominant center today.. how will he hold up against the true Titans of yesteryear.

85-86 Hawks: Although this Hawks' team was not "Legendary". It does feature Legendary Players such as "The Human Highlight Film" Dominique Wilkins, Spudd Webb, Doc Rivers and co.. How could I not include them?

Last edited by CharliePrince; 11-04-2011 at 02:36 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »