Home

Pizza, Spaghetti and Triple Post Offense | The Chronicles of Barbatrucco

This is a discussion on Pizza, Spaghetti and Triple Post Offense | The Chronicles of Barbatrucco within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 21
Pizza, Spaghetti and Triple Post Offense | The Chronicles of Barbatrucco

Coach Barba has signed with the Lakers for 8 years

Los Angeles, CA - The Los Angeles Lakers announced today the signing of a eight years contract with coach Barbatrucco, beginning for the upcoming 2011-'12 NBA season. Barbatrucco, nicknamed "Barba", is the first Italian coach in NBA history and is a twelve-time NBA champion in 22 seasons between nba2k9 and nba2k11: 19 seasons and 11 titles with the Lakers and 3 seasons with 1 title as San Antonio Spurs head-coach. With its 12 NBA titles won, Barbatrucco is the winningest coach in NBA history in front of Master Zen Phil Jackson (11). Barbatrucco has an incredible record of 12 win in 12 Finals and is famous for three aspects: the social democratic distribution of playing time between players, the "Barbatrucco Moral Law" that prevents unequal trade market and the "One & Box" defense with a player in zone defense and the other four man to man. Barbatrucco is a full devotee of the Tex Winter's Triple Post Offense like Phil Jackson. Barbatrucco is expected today in Los Angeles for the press conference.

Last edited by Barbatrucco; 11-12-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
Rookie

Coach Barba reveals: Kobe will play up to 41 years

El Segundo (CA) - The legendary coach Barbatrucco, winner of 12 Larry 'O Brien trophy in 22 seasons between nba2k9 and nba2k11, joined in with his third 2kUniverse, nba2k12. The Coach Zen has signed a contract for eight years with the Los Angeles Lakers, until the 2019-20 season.

1. Coach, you has landed today. First impressions?
"I only saw a few minutes, I always feel like it's basketball, right? So this is just score on one side and defend the other, and to be ahead of at least one point at the final buzzer."
2. It's not so simple. In many, indeed, are waiting to pounce you and say that here your record of 12 wins out of 12 Finals will be broke.
"Now I think only of my luggage, take a shower and a Triple Post Offense with my blonde girl. Tomorrow I will meet the guys, I will support the first training and then will schedule the week with my staff. Finals is a word that this time is one hundred thousand years-light far away from me."
3. But you have read reports of the first settlers landed here, right? Variety of schemes, players who occupy the spaces, thus much more difficult to defend on opponents attacks . Also there seems to be more difference between the superstars and the so-called "regular players" and this could affect the strength of your historical weapon, the bench.
"Rule number one: the game always reveals the players, and so does with the coaches. Rule number two: the character of a player is more important than his talent. Rule number three: bench players are as important as the stars. Rule number four: making basketball coach can damage mental health, physical and psychological integrity of an individual: didn't goof up further with questions that now I can't answer ".
4. Ok, so answer me about this: Fisher 37 years old, Bryant 33, Artest and Odom 32, Gasol 31. An old team back from a 0-4 in the Western Conference Finals against the Dallas Mavericks.
"It is no secret that we are in the declining phase of our cycle. Kobe has confirmed to me that he will play up to 41 years. Up to 36-37 will be the usual Kobe: we have to find now the 20 year old guy who, growing up with us, will become trough the years what I call "The stick of the old Kobe." Gasol will be with us another 3-4 years. Then we have Bynum, still very young. Around the sales, in the coming years, of Artest and Odom we will build the structure to be competitive untill 2020. "
5. And then what?
"Starting from the second season in the league entering the droids at least 60 for year. This means that the last season of my contract, 2019-20, we will be in circulation more than 400 droids. And then what do you do, gets pregnant Sarah Connor and expects the leader of the rebels? Over 8 years of association is almost impossible to go. "

Last edited by Barbatrucco; 11-12-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Pizza, Spaghetti and Triple Post Offense | The Chronicles of Barbatrucco

Mike D'Antoni is italian.
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James
Old 11-12-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEE23
Mike D'Antoni is italian.
Nope, D'Antoni is american he has also the italian passport, that's right (and he played for Italian National Team in the 80's), but he's born in Mullens, West Virginia and grew up in America in his first 27 years.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Will be following this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2011, 04:58 AM   #6
Rookie

Pizza, Spaghetti and Triple Post Offense

Los Angeles, CA - Lou Carnesecca, Dick Vitale, Jim Valvano, Rick Pitino, Geno Auriemma are just a few names, the most famous: the NCAA basketball history is full of Italian-American coach, but the same can't be said for the NBA. Right, Pitino coached the Boston Celtics once and what can you say about Mike D'Antoni? But a real Italian coach there has never been in the NBA. Before the advent of Barbatrucco. Nicknamed "Barba", the Italian "zen" has coached 22 seasons in the NBA - 19 with the Los Angeles Lakers, 3 with the Spurs - and has already won 12 Larry O'Brien Trophy (11 with LA, 1 at San Antonio), becoming the winningest coach in the history of the National Basketball Association in front of Phil Jackson (11).
"Honestly, at the beginning of my career I never thought I could win 12 NBA titles - Barbatrucco says - and I never thought of being able to win it in only 22 seasons. I've always coached great teams and this certainly helps, but 12 rings are so many that I can hardly believe it". Coach Barbatrucco also introduced social-democratic distribution of playing time between players, something not easy to handle when you have champions such as Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, or Tony Parker, Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili. "The bench is the true strength of a team: if you give your trust to the bench, it will repay in the most unexpected moments. In my team there are no differences: the star is as good as the last man on the bench. The social democratic distribution of playing time I borrowed from Phil Jackson, when he coached in the CBA's Albany Patroons: same minutes and same salaries to all players. Although in the NBA you can't have the same salaries for all players". Tomorrow begins the NBA and the Los Angeles Lakers made their debut at Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah, against the Jazz. "It will be a very tough season - said "Barba" - The Dallas Mavericks have all it takes to win back the title, the Miami Heat are ready to begin a dynasty, because LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are still very young. Boston never dies, I no wonder if even reached the NBA Finals again; and attention to the Oklahoma City Thunder and the Chicago Bulls, rapidly growing teams on the launch pad".
Old 11-14-2011, 02:20 AM   #7
Rookie

Roster

Average age of 30.7: The end of this cycle has already begun?

Los Angeles Lakers 2011-'12
#NAMEPOSAGEHTWTSALARY
15Ron ArtestSF326-7260$6,790,640
9Matt BarnesSF326-7226$1,906,200
5Steve BlakePG326-3173$4,000,000
12Shanno BrownPG/SG266-4210$2,149,200
24Kobe Bryant SG336-6205$25,244,493
17Andrew BynumC247-0285$14,900,000
45Derrick CaracterPF246-9275$788,872
3Devin EbanksSF226-9215$788,872
2 Derek FisherPG376-1210$3,400,000
16Pau GasolPF327-0250$18,714,150
10 Trey JohnsonSG276-5218$8,967
7Lamar OdomPF326-10230$8,900,000
50Theo RatliffC396-10235$854,389
1Joe SmithPF/C376-10225$854,389
4Luke WaltonSF326-8235$5,680,000

Last edited by Barbatrucco; 11-14-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:49 AM   #8
Rookie

November 2011 LA Lakers Schedule

DATE OPPONENT
----------------------
November 2011

3 @ Utah
7 vs Atlanta
9 @ New Orleans
12 @ Orlando
23 vs Milwaukee
26 vs Sacramento

Barbatrucco says: "A Tough Start"

Los Angeles, CA - Three trips in nine days across the U.S., from Utah, going to Louisiana and Florida, interspersed by the home game against the Atlanta Hawks. Utah, Atlanta, New Orleans, Orlando: these are the first four games of the Lakers season that will open on November 3rd at Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake City against the Jazz. "It 's a tough start - says Barbatrucco - because we have yet to find the right set of team and we need to train, but the timing now takes 3 long and difficult travel in just 9 days. We still manage the Triple Post Offense and this situation takes time and training: I would have preferred a schedule with fewer games in the first few weeks but we will adapt to. "

Last edited by Barbatrucco; 11-14-2011 at 05:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »