Home

More Cowbell!: A Sactown Dynasty

This is a discussion on More Cowbell!: A Sactown Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
More Cowbell!: A Sactown Dynasty

I am doing a 30-team association with Bedwardsroy19's rosters, and it's just amazing. I'm having a lot of fun and I am now starting Year 2. I'm trying to make every team better, but I decided to start a thread about my hometown team, YOUR SACRAMENTOOOOO KINGS!!!!!!! So sit back, relax, and enjoy the association.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Rookie

coreymouch's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: More Cowbell!: A Sactown Dynasty

who's on your roster? i've tried a bunch with the Kings and had a lot of star-studded rosters through a lot of trading.

HOUSTON ROCKETS: A New Era Dynasty ^^^

GO IRISH!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
Banned

SPORTS
Sacramento, CA --- It was a sad Summer day when the papers were finalized, and Mayor Kevin Johnson anounced that the Sacramento Kings, our Sacramento Kings couldn't find a new arena and are moving to Anaheim. It seems like yesterday when the team was the best in the Western Conference, and were a legit title contender. The young team led by Chris Webber, Mike Bibby, and Peja Stojakovic. Even through all the tough times, the Sacramento fans remained loyal. Through the years, the Kings have put together some memorable teams. Of course everyone remembers the Glory Days, but even the 2009 squad, led by Kevin Martin and the rookie Tyreke Evans, were a hot ticket in town. The past weeks have felt empty, almost ominous around Northern California. Before the Kings go, I have one last thing to say. More Cowbell! We love you Kings, all of us.

Last edited by zay916; 02-15-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
Banned

Here's a breakdown of Year 1 of my Association: PS, I started the off-season before Linsanity IRL, so I just set him to 2 yrs pro and I guess in my alternate reality, he doesn't start til 2012-2013.

2012 Year in Review

LeBron James won the MVP, Kyrie Irving won ROY, Dwight Howard won Defensive Player, Jarret Jack won Most Improved Player. The #1 Seed Thunder swept the #8 Seed Pacers in the NBA Finals. A week before the trade deadline, Kevin Martin was sent to Indiana for Danny Granger and a lottery protected 2012 1st round pick. Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Von Wafer, and Justin Harper to LA for Andrew Bynum, Metta World Peace, Steve Blake, and cash considerations. Kevin Garnett was dealt in a 3-team trade with NJ and DET that got Rodney Stuckey and Jason Maxiell on the Celtics, Ben Gordon and Jermaine O'Neal on the Nets and Garnett on the Pistons. After Deron Williams announced that he was not re-signing, the Nets decided to jumpstart the rebuilding process and collect some expiring contracts.

Last edited by zay916; 02-17-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #5
Banned

Key Off-Season Moves:

Deron Williams signs with Dallas Mavericks
OJ Mayo signs with Phoenix Suns
Joe Johnson(Amnestied) signs with Phoenix Suns
Michael Beasley signs with Charlotte Bobcats
Lou Williams signs with Sacramento Kings
Ray Allen signs with Cleveland Cavaliers
Kenyon Martin signs with Cleveland Cavaliers
JR Smith signs with Detroit Pistons
Chris Kaman signs with Minnesota Timberwolves
Kevin Garnett signs with Atlanta Hawks
Landry Fields signs with Atlanta Hawks

Mavericks send Roddie Beubois, Vince Carter, Grieves Vasquez, Jordan Taylor, '13 1st rd pick, '13 2nd rd pick, '15 1st round pick, '15 2nd round pick to Sacramento for DeMarcus Cousins, Travis Outlaw, Augusto Lima.

Minnesota sends Luke Ridnour to Charlotte for Reggie Williams.

Dallas sends Lamar Odom to Detroit for '13 lottery-protected 1st rd pick and Mario Delas.

Last edited by zay916; 02-17-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #6
Banned

Sorry for the lack of detail guys, expect some nice articles over the weekend lol. More articles similar to my Sacramento Bee post.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
Banned

Updated: September 10th, 2012, 1:33 PM ET

Sources: Royals to Move Cousins?
DeMarcus Cousins is quietly being shopped, reports Chris Broussard

Anahiem,CA -- NBA Insider, Chris Broussard, reported that the Royals are looking to part ways with DeMarcus Cousins. The strained relationship between Cousins and management has been getting worse throughout his career. Back in Sacramento, many believe that Cousins got Kings coach, Paul Westphal fired. Broussard reports that DeMarcus will go to the highest bidder. Most teams are unwilling to take a gamble on Cousins, who is infamous for his bad attitude, and has been questioned for his work ethic. Dallas Mavericks' owner, Mark Cuban, has expressed interest in the troubled center. When asked, Cuban replied, "We would love to have him on our team. Some teams might see him as a question mark or a locker room distraction, but I think we could turn his career around." Many believe the third-year big man would fit right in with seasoned veteran Dirk Nowitzki and the newly-aquired Deron Williams.

Last edited by zay916; 02-17-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:45 AM   #8
Banned

Updated: September 15th, 2012, 7:52 PM ET

Dan Gilbert speaks out
Cavs owner is frustrated with current state of NBA

Cleveland, OH -- Cavaliers owner, Dan Gilbert, once again expressed his disinterest of NBA stars leaving their teams in a public letter:

CBS Sports:

The NBA is broken, and I am thoroughly disapointed, but not surprised. I was infuriated when Chris Paul gave up on the New Orleans Hornets, and it was a disgrace when Dwight Howard demanded a trade. I also disagree with stars banding together, to create so-called "Superteams". Deron Williams and DeMarcus Cousins are quitters, and have no competitive spirit. I have lost all hope in the National Basketball Association. Once again, the system is broken.

-Dan Gilbert

Last edited by zay916; 02-18-2012 at 02:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »