Home

The Coaching Career of Elias Scott (CH2k8)

This is a discussion on The Coaching Career of Elias Scott (CH2k8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #25
Rookie

Spoonska's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The Coaching Career of Elias Scott (CH2k8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Yes, all of 48 points worth! Of course, I guess that's better than 30 or 36.

The presentation is great, Spoonska!

Do you only have eight players on your roster, then?
Thanks ! As far as the players go the real basketball team only has 8 and I hoped to keep it that way. Set it up so the bench was only 8 deep, minutes etc... Quickly into the first game I found out that wasn't really possible. I'd have to check but in game I think there is 15? I red shirted at least 4. I've been meaning to update that post but I've been wanting to play so much lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #26
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7

Looks good! keep up the good work!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #27
Rookie

Spoonska's Arena

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hate doing this, and I've thought about it HARD over the past 2-3 days, but I'm revamping my sliders. I much rather do it after a season is over but I think I'm in over my head with rspenc's settings on MOP. Also considering I've only had the game since Monday.

I spent all of yesterday playing games on different settings narrowing down what I like and what made the game competitive against a team on equal footing(68vs68 ovr incase you were wondering). Don't expect something insanely drastic like me beating Kentucky 90-50 lol. The last few games I played I lost all of them by 5 to 14 points and the figures were : 55-65 shots taken, 25-30% shooting, 15-20% 3s ... etc. The games were still just as challenging except there were no explosions of 20points where I just got ran over with no remorse. (Just played Texas A&M again on these settings still lost 84 to 37. Still just as infuriating not being able to shoot 10feet around the net.)

Going to start work tonight on a new feature I wanna do so stay tuned for that and some game updates!

Last edited by Spoonska; 04-12-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Had the idea to play Texas A&M on these settings
Old 04-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #28
Rookie

Spoonska's Arena

Old 04-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Patrick Richard's shooting leaves a lot to be desired, to say the least...
Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #30
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonska
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hate doing this, and I've thought about it HARD over the past 2-3 days, but I'm revamping my sliders. I much rather do it after a season is over but I think I'm in over my head with rspenc's settings on MOP. Also considering I've only had the game since Monday.

Don't worry, I've switched sliders/difficulties mid season plenty between my football and basketball dynasties. The biggest thing, as always, is what is going to give you an experience that keeps you coming back and keeps you willing to continue your dynasty.

I've been playing seasons of 2k8, and I'm still looking for that sweet spot (and will likely be switching sliders at the end of my 2014-2015 season -- it happens).

Better to reevaluate than not. And from the looks of your last game, the slider change seemed to have positive results.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #31
Rookie

Spoonska's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytofailself
Don't worry, I've switched sliders/difficulties mid season plenty between my football and basketball dynasties. The biggest thing, as always, is what is going to give you an experience that keeps you coming back and keeps you willing to continue your dynasty.

I've been playing seasons of 2k8, and I'm still looking for that sweet spot (and will likely be switching sliders at the end of my 2014-2015 season -- it happens).

Better to reevaluate than not. And from the looks of your last game, the slider change seemed to have positive results.
Couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjames1992
Patrick Richard's shooting leaves a lot to be desired, to say the least...
Yea, I'm having a really hard time with him. He is SUPPOSED to be "the guy" on this team, but from the 5 games I've played so far he either shows up or he doesn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #32
Rookie

Spoonska's Arena

Last edited by Spoonska; 04-12-2012 at 10:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »