Home

The Coaching Legacy of Tyrell Coley (Ch2k8)

This is a discussion on The Coaching Legacy of Tyrell Coley (Ch2k8) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #25
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: The Coaching Legacy of Tyrell Coley (Ch2k8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyRedskins21
Maybe you should use your scholarships (4 i'm guessing) and use 2 for some good sized big men? And then the other two for some wing players? Part of the career legacy experience is meant for you to struggle at first and work your way up. If that takes the fun away from playing the game, I'd suggest starting at a mid-major. One of my favorite legacies was one where I started at a mid-major.

Either way good luck against Harvard
I have 3 scholarships to use, and I am looking to grab some big men. I don't want to cheat the game by grabbing those 7-0 guys from overseas but I am looking at some players with size that I think I can grab.

I know the first few seasons are going to be tough, I'd be mad if that wasn't the case. I just don't like feeling cheated out of being competitive, which is what has been happening lately in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 04:39 AM   #26
All Star

doncoryell's Arena

OVR: 20

How interested are those tall guys overseas in your school? If they are highly interested (85%+) then I would say go ahead with recruiting them. I don't even look at them right now because I only want players from the USA for a U.S. military school.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:39 AM   #27
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncoryell
How interested are those tall guys overseas in your school? If they are highly interested (85%+) then I would say go ahead with recruiting them. I don't even look at them right now because I only want players from the USA for a U.S. military school.
Not even close. They're currently at 24% and 22%, but with no other schools showing interest. Hopefully if one of them gets to around 80% by the end of the season I can snag one, I'm trying to just have them as a backup plan since they are world recruits.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:18 AM   #28
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Harvard (6-4) at Long Island (4-5, 0-2)
Athletic, Recreation, and Wellness Center - Brooklyn, NY
December 13, 2007

WISSEH WHILE YOU WORK

Long Island played their fourth game in a week last night at home and fought tooth and nail to end their three game losing streak, eeking out a 51-50 victory over Harvard in the final seconds of the game.

The Blackbirds opened the game on an 8-2 run and led by as much as 11 points in the first half, thanks to a slow pace and tough defense. The Crimson made 4-of-7 threes in the first half, but struggled from the rest of the floor, shooting 28% at intermission.

Harvard came out in the second half an entirely different team, cutting an eight point lead down to nothing in the opening minutes before taking a 32-30 lead. Coach Coley chose not to call a timeout and rather let his team play through the struggles as they missed many wide open shots from the floor.

"The shot we made in the first half, they just weren't falling." said Coach Coley. "You can't do anything about that except keep taking the open shots and good looks. I told them to attack the basket and keep the defense up."

Attacking the basket worked for Long Island as they forced Harvard into the bonus halfway through the second half, and into the double bonus with just over four minutes left. The only problem was, they weren't making free throws. The Blackbirds missed ten free throws in the second half, keeping Harvard well within striking distance.

Jaytornah Wisseh was there to provide that spark for Long Island when things seemed most bleak. The sophomore guard led the Blackbirds with 15 points, and filled the stat sheet with three rebounds, three assists, three steals, along with a 5-for-7 day at the free throw line.

"Jaytornah really played hard." said Coley. "I'm proud of him, played a hell of a game and helped us out tremendously."

Wisseh's bucket-and-foul gave Long Island a three point lead with under two minutes to go, and Ike Udanoh added two free throws to keep it there with 25 seconds left.

And then the entire campus was put on the edge of their seats.

Harvard was fouled on the ensuing possession and made the first free throws to make it a two point game. The second free throw clanked off the rim, but a Crimson forward scooped it and brought the ball out for a chance to tie the game.

Using the pick and roll, Drew Housman got enough space to go for a shot but was fouled in the process and took to the free throw line looking to tie the game.

But once again, the Crimson would make the first free throw and missed the second. But once again, the Crimson would grab the rebound - only to have Kellen Allen blocked the putback and come down with the ball as time expired.

"Scared the hell out of me." said Coley. "I'm really frustrated we didn't get either rebound, made winning this game a lot harder than it should have been. Kellen got a clean block, but I was sitting there expecting a whistle honestly, there were a lot of bodies flying around and it could have easily been called."

With the win, Long Island is back to .500 on the season. The Blackbirds will have a week to rest up from their recent affairs before welcoming Saint Peter's (2-6, 0-1) to the Brooklyn campus next Wednesday.

Harvard Crimson at Long Island Blackbirds
Dec 13, 20071ST2NDSCORE
Harvard (6-5)203050
Long Island (5-5, 0-2)282351
Harvard Crimson
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Drew Housman - G316-103-31-22520316
Jeremy Lin - G282-112-70-0321026
Andrew Pusar - G334-102-51-23400411
Cem Dinc - F301-40-02-4711004
Pat Magnarelli - F243-50-02-21200108
BENCHMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Adam Demuyakor - F140-40-00-0510000
Kyle Fitzgerald - F141-31-10-0110013
Brad Unger - F101-40-00-0300002
T.J. Carey - G80-00-00-0100010
James Lambert - G80-30-10-0000000
Darryl Finkton - F-- DID NOT PLAY --
Doug Miller - F-- DID NOT PLAY --
TEAM TOTALS18-548-175-103714411150
Long Island Blackbirds
STARTERSMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Jaytornah Wisseh - G315-90-25-73330015
Kyle Johnson - G290-50-22-2334012
Ron Manigault - F291-40-23-6503005
Euguene Kotorbai - F285-121-31-64000212
Kellen Allen - F292-50-00-0511114
BENCHMINFGM-A3PM-AFTM-AREBASTSTLBLKTOPTS
Ike Udanoh - F281-40-05-5700017
Tyrone Mattison - G100-10-01-2110001
Albert Forbes - F100-00-03-4200103
Aurimas Adomaitis - F101-30-00-0100002
Paska Morkeliunas - F50-00-00-0100000
TEAM TOTALS15-431-920-32328112551
Old 05-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #29
MVP

VandyRedskins21's Arena

OVR: 18

Talk about a crazy finish. Good job on getting the win!

Oh and thanks for making Jeremy Lin look like a scrub. I still can't believe all of the attention he got
Old 05-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #30
All Star

doncoryell's Arena

OVR: 20

Whew, that was a close one against the Crimson. Now you've got the team to .500. I would have been hoarse after yelling at the TV so much near the end of that game.

Last edited by doncoryell; 05-27-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #31
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandyRedskins21
Talk about a crazy finish. Good job on getting the win!

Oh and thanks for making Jeremy Lin look like a scrub. I still can't believe all of the attention he got
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncoryell
Whew, that was a close one against the Crimson. Now you've got the team to .500. I would have been hoarse after yelling at the TV so much near the end of that game.
It was a close and crazy finish indeed. I was feeling good about the first half lead, and then it was gone before I could blink. I didn't call timeout only because I was missing open shots, wasn't like they were getting turnovers and clearly stealing momentum. It was a 3 point game for most of the second half in either direction.

That last possession scared me senseless though, and I didn't pause the game either (keeping things realistic). Every time I sent them to the line, I expected to get the ball back after two made free throws, so when they missed I was all ready to jump out my seat...until we couldn't get the rebound. Lol, it sucks having a small team.

Allen's block to save the game - I screamed at the TV like I was on the court myself. Especially since there was no whistle.

As for Lin, I'm really glad I held him in check. Just kept getting a hand in his face when he took his shots, the last time I played Harvard in CH2k8 he torched me in the second half to somewhere around 20 points. Guess he just had an off night.

Most of all, just glad the losing streak is over and I can get a winning streak started. Players have a week to rest up, should bring back everyone's fatigue levels to good numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I think I had a Long Island legacy back when I had CH 2K6. I don't know if I got very far with it, though (and I didn't keep track of it on here or anything).

Good win against Harvard, though! Now, get a winning streak started!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »