Home

The Resurrection | A Boston Celtics Association

This is a discussion on The Resurrection | A Boston Celtics Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:31 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: The Resurrection | A Boston Celtics Association

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblakevincent
What happened to the Celtics rookies? Sullinger and Fab Melo

I didn't use post-draft rosters because I felt like it would make it unrealistic for the first season because they didn't have Sullinger and Melo last season.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #18
Rookie

BLOWOUT IN BOSTON, ADVANTAGE CELTICS
BOSTON, MA - FEBRUARY 4:  Dirk Nowitzki #41 of the Dallas Mavericks looks to drive against Kevin Garnett #5 of the Boston Celtics on February 4, 2011 at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.  <br />
<br />
(Photo by Brian Babineau/NBAE via Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Dirk Nowitzki;Kevin Garnett

BOSTON -- The Celtics returned to Boston for the weekend and boy did they look happy to be back home. They trumped the Mavericks 97-78 Friday night in front of a sell out crowd.

The Celtics looked like little kids when they were out there on the court. They just looked like they were having a fun time and loving what they were doing. Boston led by 7 going into the half, and the fans thought they might be treated to a game that would go down to the wire.

The 3rd quarter saw the Celtics go on an 11-2 run to blow the game wide open. The Mavericks would never recover and the rest was history.

"I thought our team played Celtic basketball tonight," said Doc Rivers. "We were energized, focused, and most of all we gave 110% effort on every play."

The Celtics finished with 6 players in double figures led by Paul Pierce with 22 points.

"Everyone played great tonight," said Pierce. "This was a good win for the team and the city of Boston."

Rodrigue Beaubois led the Mavericks in scoring with 22 points, but he shot a measly 2-10 from the 3 point line.

You could see the fatigue in the Mavericks as they played their second game of a back-to-back. They were sluggish and looked like a team that wasn't ready to play at all.

The Celtics wrap up the weekend home stand against the unbeaten Bulls Sunday night.
Dallas Mavericks (2-3) at Boston Celtics (2-2)
Nov 9, 20121234Final
Dallas1720202178
Boston2222242997
Top Performers
Dallas Mavericks
Rodrigue Beaubois - 22 points, 6 rebounds, 4 steals
Dirk Nowitzki - 19 points, 7 rebounds
Boston Celtics
Paul Pierce - 22 points, 8 rebounds
Rajon Rondo - 12 points, 5 rebounds, 9 assists, 7 steals
Team Stats Comparison
DALBOS
FG Made-Att33-7737-83
3PT Made-Att5-224-12
FT Made-Att7-919-20
Rebounds4243
Assists1918
Turnovers199
Steals814
Blocks75

Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #19
Rookie

AROUND THE LEAGUE UPDATE
NBA Standings - Updated: Nov 10, 2012
ATLANTICWLGB
Boston Celtics22--
Toronto Raptors 22--
New York Knicks230.5
New Jersey Nets131.0
Philadelphia 76ers141.5
CENTRALWLGB
Chicago Bulls50--
Cleveland Cavaliers311.5
Indiana Pacers233.0
Detroit Pistons233.0
Milwaukee Bucks144.0
SOUTHEASTWLGB
Miami Heat50--
Orlando Magic400.5
Atlanta Hawks212.0
Charlotte Bobcats133.5
Washington Wizards144.0
NORTHWESTWLGB
Denver Nuggets31--
Minnesota Timberwolves31--
Portland Trailblazers331.0
Utah Jazz231.5
Oklahoma City Thunder053.5
PACIFICWLGB
Phoenix Suns42--
Los Angeles Lakers320.5
Los Angeles Clippers320.5
Golden State Warriors320.5
Sacramento Kings 231.5
SOUTHWESTWLGB
Memphis Grizzlies31--
New Orleans Hornets221.0
Dallas Mavericks231.5
San Antonio Spurs231.5
Houston Rockets142.5

The Portland Trailblazers locked up two of their players this past week as they continue to build toward the future. Jonny Flynn -- 5yr/$51.37M and Gerald Wallace -- 6yr/$58.60M

DeMar DeRozan will be staying north of the border for a while as he signed a 5yr/$58.82M extension, proving that he is the Raptors' franchise player.

After much speculation Deron Williams has decided to stay in New Jersey after signing a 6yr/$122.31M extension this past week. The Nets lookt to be headed in the right direction.

The Suns traded Markieff Morris to the Bobcats for center Desagana Diop. The Bobcats get a talented young player and the Suns get an expiring contract that could clear some cap space this coming summer.

Andre Iguodala and Brandon Jennings have come out an said that they will be testing the free agent market after this season.

Kevin Martin of the Houston Rockets will miss the rest of the season after tearing his MCL this past week against the 76ers.

The Oklahoma City Thunder have started the season off 0-5. The OKC front office has reiterated that it is still too early to be thinking about making moves to improve.

The Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat, and Orlando Magic have all yet to be defeated; the Bulls and Heat 5-0 and the Magic 4-0.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #20
Rookie

GAME 5 PREVIEW
Matchup Preview | November 11, 2012
@
Chicago Bulls
(5-0, 3-0 Away)
Boston Celtics
(2-2, 1-1 Home)
Projected Starters
Derrick RosePoint GuardRajon Rondo
Vince CarterShooting GuardRay Allen
Taj GibsonSmall ForwardPaul Pierce
Carlos BoozerPower ForwardKevin Garnett
Joakim NoahCenterMarcus Camby
Injury Report
Luol Deng
Sprained Toe: Day-to-Day

Game Notes
The Chicago Bulls come into this game with a record of 5-0. These are two perennial defensive teams in the league this year. You can expect an old fashion grind it out game in the trenches.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:24 PM   #21
Rookie

DEFENSE SHINES LATE AS CELTICS HAND BULLS FIRST LOSS
BOSTON, MA - JANUARY 13:  Paul Pierce #34 and Brandon Bass #30 of the Boston Celtics fight with Joakim Noah #13 of the Chicago Bulls for the rebound on January 13, 2012 at TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. The Chicago Bulls defeated the Boston Celtics 79-88. <br />
<br />
(Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

BOSTON -- Fans came to this game expecting a defensive slugfest, but instead got an offensive explosion by both teams. Defense was prevalent late as the Celtics hung on to beat the Bulls 103-102

Boston trailed for most of the game. At some points the deficit reached 15 points. A 10-2 run in the 3rd quarter and a strong 4th quarter got them back into the game.

They continued to catch fire, led by the defensive intensity of Rajon Rondo and Kevin Garnett.

"Me and Kevin decided to put the clamps on them in the second half," said Rondo. "We did it and it got us back into the game."

The defensive intensity showed on the last play of the game when Vince Carter drove to the basket as the time dwindled down to under 5.0 seconds. Ray Allen and Brandon Bass smothered Carter as he went up for the lay-up. Carter was not able to get a clean look at the basket and missed the lay-up. Kevin Garnett grabbed the rebound and threw it up in the air as timed expired.

"We got a stop when it counted most," said Brandon Bass. "I saw him driving out the corner of my eye, so I ran over and went straight up to contest the shot and it worked."

Carter and the rest of the Bulls team pleaded for a foul as time expired, but it was too little too late as the officials were already on their way back to the lockeroom.

"I'm not going to comment, because now they'll fine you for all you have if you say one thing about the officials," said Carter after the game. "All I have to say is referees should be required to take an eye exam before every season. Interpret that how you want, but I that's all that came out my mouth."

Carter can expect a fine coming from the league within the next 2 days.

The Celtics will head out west for a 3 game road trip that will end on Friday. Their first opponent will be the Warriors Tuesday night in Oakland.
Chicago Bulls (5-1) at Boston Celtics (3-2)
Nov 11, 20121234Final
Chicago30292518102
Boston24223027103
Top Performers
Chicago Bulls
Derrick Rose - 31 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists
Carlos Boozer - 28 points, 14 rebounds
Boston Celtics
Kevin Garnett - 27 points, 8 rebounds, 1 block
Paul Pierce - 18 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists
Team Stats Comparison
CHIBOS
FG Made-Att40-7839-76
3PT Made-Att1-93-9
FT Made-Att21-2222-25
Rebounds3834
Assists1613
Turnovers96
Steals67
Blocks56

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #22
Rookie

GAME 6 PREVIEW
Matchup Preview | November 13, 2012
@
Boston Celtics
(3-2, 1-1 Away)
Golden State Warriors
(3-3, 2-1 Home)
Projected Starters
Rajon RondoPoint GuardStephen Vurry
Ray Allen Shooting GuardKlay Thompson
Paul PierceSmall ForwardRichard Jefferson
Kevin GarnettPower ForwardDavid Lee
Marcus CambyCenterAndrew Bogut
Injury Report
Game Notes
The Celtics travel out west for the interconference battle. The Warriors boast sharp shooters Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson. This will be the Celtics first time this season on the west coast. If they slow down the Warriors' guards then they should get the win.
Old 07-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #23
Rookie

PIERCE SHINES IN CELTICS WINOAKLAND, CA - FEBRUARY 22: Paul Pierce #34 of the Boston Celtics dunks the ball against Dorell Wright #1 of the Golden State Warriors on February 22, 2011 at Oracle Arena in Oakland, California. </div>
 <br />

<div align="center">(Photo by Rocky Widner/NBAE via Getty Images)

OAKLAND -- The Celtics traveled out west to begin a 3 game road trip and started it off on the right foot when they beat the Warriors 102-99.

Paul Pierce had an answer for everything tonight. Whenever the Celtics needed a bucket they gave the ball to Pierce and he went to work.

"I'm a scorer and that's what I've done my whole career," said Pierce. "When my team needs a bucket I always know they can depend on me to get the job done."

Pierce would finish with a game-high 23 points. Kevin Garnett pitched in with 20 points and 12 rebounds.

The Warriors ended the 1st quarter with the lead, but the 2nd quarter was a totally different story.

The Celtics would outscore the Warriors 34-13 in the 2nd quarter, which included a 14-0 run. The Warriors would never see the lead again. Although they would challenge for the lead, pulling within as close as 1 point, Paul Pierce would quickly shut the door as he did all night.

"It just shows how deep our team is this year," said Doc Rivers after the game. "This is probably one of the deepest teams I've had in a while. Anyone can show up on any given night and have a good game."

Stephen Curry led the Warriors in scoring with 22 points.

"We got down early and were just never able to recover again," said Curry. "We tip our hats to them, because they were the better team tonight."

The Celtics have little time to celebrate as they will be in Utah tomorrow night to face the Jazz.

Boston Celtics (4-2) at Golden State Warriors (3-4)
Nov 13, 20121234Final
Boston22342323102
Golden State2513332899
Top Performers
Boston Celtics
Paul Pierce - 23 points, 1 rebound, 5 assists
Rajon Rondo - 17 points, 3 rebounds, 12 assists, 9 steals
Golden State Warriors
Stephen Curry - 22 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists, 6 steals
Andrew Bogut - 17 points, 14 rebounds, 2 blocks
Team Stats Comparison
BOSGSW
FG Made-Att43-8041-83
3PT Made-Att5-88-21
FT Made-Att11-129-13
Rebounds3739
Assists2221
Turnovers1921
Steals1517
Blocks74
Old 07-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #24
Rookie

GAME 7 PREVIEW
Matchup Preview | November 14, 2012
@
Boston Celtics
(4-2, 2-1 Away)
Utah Jazz
(3-3, 2-1 Home)
Projected Starters
Rajon RondoPoint GuardDevin Harris
Ray Allen Shooting GuardDion Waiters
Paul PierceSmall ForwardGordon Hayward
Kevin GarnettPower ForwardPaul Millsap
Marcus CambyCenterAl Jefferson
Injury Report

Josh Howard
Sore Hamstring: Day-toDay
Game Notes
The Celtics and Jazz meet for the first time this year in Utah. The Celtics come into this game on a 3 game winning streak, and everyone knows Utah is not an easy place to get a win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »