Home

The Resurrection | A Boston Celtics Association

This is a discussion on The Resurrection | A Boston Celtics Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: The Resurrection | A Boston Celtics Association

GAME 11 PREVIEW
Matchup Preview | November 22, 2012
@
Boston Celtics
(8-2, 5-1 Away)
Houston Rockets
(4-6, 1-4 Home)
Projected Starters
Rajon RondoPoint GuardKyle Lowry
Ray Allen Shooting GuardWesley Matthews
Paul PierceSmall ForwardRoyce White
Kevin GarnettPower ForwardPatrick Patterson
Marcus CambyCenterSamuel Dalembert
Injury Report

Kevin Martin
Torn MCL: Out for Season

Greg Oden
Strained MCL: 1-2 weeks
Game Notes
The Celtics are on the road to play the Houston Rockets. Houston's season took a sharp turn when their best player and leading scorer Kevin Martin went down with a torn MCL. Since then they have been strugggling to find points and to find wins. The Celtics are 5-1 on the road this season, and look to improve that record with a win tonight.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #34
Rookie

CELTICS FEAST ON ROCKETS IN THANKSGIVING WIN
HOUSTON, TX - MARCH 18:  Paul Pierce #34 of the Boston Celtics drives the ball past Patrick Patterson #54 of the Houston Rockets on March 18, 2011 at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. </div>
 <br />

<div align="center">(Photo by Bill Baptist/NBAE via Getty Images)

HOUSTON -- It was Thanksgiving night in Houston and the NBA players had plenty to be thankful for. One thing the Rockets were thankful for was when this game finally ended. They were outplayed in all areas by Boston, as the Celtics cruised to a 86-67 win.

Paul Pierce scored a season-high 29 points as the Celtics beat up on the Rockets Thursday night. He came out in the 1st quarter and scored 14 points; igniting his team the rest of the way.

"We were all mentally prepared for this game," said Pierce. "I felt good coming out of the tunnel tonight. It just felt like it was going to be one of those games."

This was one of the few games this year that the Celtics actually out-rebounded their opponent; beating the Rockets 49-40 on the glass. It may come as no surprise though since the Rockets shot a horrendous 30% from the field, so there were plenty of shots coming off the rim.

It has been a struggle for the Rockets ever since Kevin Martin went down for the season. They thought the addition of Raymond Felton would help, but he has struggled as well since joining this team.

"We're going to continue pressing on," said head coach Kevin McHale. "We'll definitely be making some phone calls around the league to find some help on the scoring end for our team."

The Celtics will travel to Orlando Saturday ngiht to face, what some people call, one of their rivals in the Magic.

"I wasn't aware that we were in a rivalry with them," said Rajon Rondo. "Some people are just trying to make it more than what it is. It's just a great team going up against a mediocre team. I think we all know which team is which. Honestly I don't think I could name 2 players on that team, that's how irrelevant they are."

Those comments should definitely spice things up for this Saturday night showdown.

Boston Celtics (9-2) at Houston Rockets (4-7)
Nov 22, 20121234Final
Boston2719221886
Houston1418241167
Top Performers
Boston Celtics
Paul Pierce - 29 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals
Kevin Garnett - 11 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks
Houston Rockets
Royce White - 15 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists
Kyle Lowry - 12 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 6 steals
Team Stats Comparison
BOSHOU
FG Made-Att31-6922-71
3PT Made-Att8-147-18
FT Made-Att16-2016-26
Rebounds4940
Assists1712
Turnovers1919
Steals1014
Blocks73

Last edited by jwoodson; 07-17-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #35
Rookie

DWIGHT HOWARD RESPONDS TO RAJON RONDO'S COMMENTS

"I wasn't aware that we were in a rivalry with them," said Rajon Rondo. "Some people are just trying to make it more than what it is. It's just a great team going up against a mediocre team. I think we all know which team is which. Honestly I don't think I could name 2 players on that team, that's how irrelevant they are."

"Yeah, I heard his comments, and I take great offense to it. We're the 4th best team in the Eastern Conference. Last time I checked that isn't mediocre."

"Those comments are coming from a 6'0" guard right? Well I'll just let my game do the talking; especially if he tries to come in the paint against me. The first time he comes in there, he'll know never to come back again."

"I have the utmost respect for the Celtics and their organization. I think they do a fantastic job of running that franchise, and every player on that team has my respect.....except for Rajon Rondo. What he said was disrespectful and he's going to learn after Saturday night to keep his mouth shut."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #36
Rookie

GAME 12 PREVIEW
Matchup Preview | November 24, 2012
@
Boston Celtics
(9-2, 6-1 Away)
Orlando Magic
(6-4, 2-3 Home)
Projected Starters
Rajon RondoPoint GuardJameer Nelson
Ray Allen Shooting GuardJason Richardson
Paul PierceSmall ForwardHedo Turkoglu
Kevin GarnettPower ForwardGlen Davis
Marcus CambyCenterDwight Howard
Injury Report
Game Notes
This game has been hyped up by comments made by players prior to today. Orlando boast big man Dwight Howard who is having a solid season once again. The matchup to watch will be Dwight Howard vs Rajon Rondo. Both of these players have been jawing at each other in days leading up to this game.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #37
Rookie

PIERCE NAILS SHOT AT THE BUZZER TO SEND CELTICS HOME VICTORIOUS
ORLANDO, FL - MAY 16:  Paul Pierce #34 of the Boston Celtics celebrates after the Celtics won 92-88 against the Orlando Magic in Game One of the Eastern Conference Finals during the 2010 NBA Playoffs at Amway Arena on May 16, 2010 in Orlando, Florida.  <br />
<br />
(Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

ORLANDO -- It was a game for the ages in Orlando Saturday night. This game, which was anticipated by many fans, lived up to the hype it received. Even though Rajon Rondo and Dwight Howard were the focal point of the game, Paul Pierce would get the final word as he hit the game winning shot to beat the Magic 86-84.

Leading up to the 4th quarter as both teams exchanged multiple runs. The 1st half belonged to the Magic and the 2nd half belonged to the Celtics. Boston made a furious run in the 3rd quarter, led by Rajon Rondo, to grab the lead and gain some momentum.

Orlando would answer right back as they regained the lead at the end of the 3rd quarter and a good way into the 4th quarter. Dwight Howard backed up his statement made prior to this game by putting up his 8th double-double of the season; recording 29 points and 12 rebounds.

After two surprisingly clutch free throws by Dwight Howard with 3.4 seconds left to put the Magic up by 1 the game looked to be all but over. The Celtics came out of the timeout, and everyone on the Magic team knew who the ball was going to.

Paul Pierce came off a well set screen by Kevin Garnett and caught the inbounds pass at the top of the arc. he pump faked once, took a dribble and step back behind the 3 point line, and watched as the shot the ball for what he hoped was the game-winning shot. The buzzer sounded while it was still traveling in the air, so the suspense grew even greater.

Paul Pierce seemed to lean and direct the shot with his body as it sailed threw the air. After and eternity the 3 point shot hit nothing but net as Paul Pierce ran to the Celtics bench, looking like a little kid running from the bus after the first day of school. The Magic players looked around in disbelief, as they couldn't believe what they just witnessed.

"These are the moments you live for," said Doc Rivers. "This is a game that every Celtic fan will always remember."

"They played a fantastic game," said an elated Paul Pierce. "I didn't want to go home a loser, so knew what I had to do when I went out there."

The Magic players were very upset with themselves after the game as they threw there jerseys and gear on the lockeroom floor in anger.

"I'm more mad than anything," said Dwight Howard. "I knew we could beat that team. We made all the right plays and made all the right calls, but in the end we came up an inch short."

Rajon Rondo backed up his talk as well. This was his 7th straight game this year with 10+ assists.

"We know we're going to see more of them," said Rondo. "They're definitely going to have a chip on their shoulder next time, and we have to be ready for that."

These two teams will meet 3 more time in the regular season, and possibly in the playoffs as well.

The Celtics will head back home to face the Knicks with their 9 game win streak still alive.
Boston Celtics (10-2) at Orlando Magic (6-5)
Nov 24, 20121234Final
Boston2217212686
Orlando2423142384
Top Performers
Boston Celtics
Paul Pierce - 28 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists
Rajon Rondo - 14 points, 2 rebounds, 12 assists
Orlando Magic
Dwight Howard - 29 points, 12 rebounds, 3 blocks
Hedo Turkoglu - 7 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists
Team Stats Comparison
BOSORL
FG Made-Att33-7632-66
3PT Made-Att3-94-14
FT Made-Att17-2116-25
Rebounds4039
Assists2214
Turnovers1316
Steals86
Blocks35
Old 07-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #38
Rookie

AROUND THE LEAGUE UPDATE
NBA Standings - Updated: Nov 24, 2012
ATLANTICWLGB
Boston Celtics102--
Toronto Raptors 564.5
New Jersey Nets475.5
New York Knicks475.5
Philadelphia 76ers376.0
CENTRALWLGB
Indiana Pacers94--
Chicago Bulls652.0
Cleveland Cavaliers563.0
Detroit Pistons463.5
Milwaukee Bucks395.5
SOUTHEASTWLGB
Miami Heat101--
Atlanta Hawks643.5
Orlando Magic654.0
Charlotte Bobcats565.0
Washington Wizards287.5
NORTHWESTWLGB
Denver Nuggets83--
Portland Trailblazers851.0
Minnesota Timberwolves641.5
Utah Jazz662.5
Oklahoma City Thunder395.5
PACIFICWLGB
Los Angeles Clippers93--
Los Angeles Lakers851.5
Phoenix Suns752.0
Golden State Warriors584.5
Sacramento Kings 3106.5
SOUTHWESTWLGB
Dallas Mavericks74--
Memphis Grizzlies651.0
New Orleans Hornets562.0
San Antonio Spurs473.0
Houston Rockets483.5
Old 07-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #39
Rookie

GAME 13 PREVIEW
Matchup Preview | November 26, 2012
@
New York Knicks
(4-8, 2-7 Away)
Boston Celtics
(10-2, 3-1 Home)
Projected Starters
Kendall MarshallPoint GuardRajon Rondo
Iman ShumpertShooting GuardRay Allen
Carmelo AnthonySmall ForwardPaul Pierce
Amare StoudemirePower ForwardKevin Garnett
Tyson ChandlerCenterMarcus Camby
Injury Report
Game Notes
The Celtics face their division rival in the New York Knicks. They have gotten off to a slow start this seasonw with a below average record at 4-8. Their problem has been scoring which they are dead last in league in. The Celtics come back home with a 9 game win streak, looking to make it 10.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:26 PM   #40
Rookie

KEVIN GARNETT CARRIES CELTICS TO SOLID WIN OVER KNICKS
BOSTON, MA - APRIL 17:  Kevin Garnett #5 of the Boston Celtics rallies the fans before the opening tipoff against the New York Knicks  in Game One of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals in the 2011 NBA Playoffs on April 17, 2011 at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. <br />
<br />
(Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

BOSTON -- On a night when Kevin Garnett scored his 25000th point of his career, he carried the Celtics to a 2nd half comeback to defeat the Knicks 91-84.

It was a sloppy first half on the Celtics part. They were turning the ball over, running through sets with a lack luster effort, and just not caring whatsoever. Luckily that only cost them a 5 point deficit at halftime.

"We can't keep coming out like that," said Doc River. "We have to come out with a sense of urgency and not wait until the second half. That stuff doesn't work against the good teams."

Kevin Garnett came out with a new focus as he scored 28 of his 32 points in the 2nd half. The Celtics went of a run in the 3rd quarter and into the 4th quarter that would give them a double-digit lead.

They would carry this momentum and ride Kevin Garnett the rest of the way to victory.

The Knicks fall to a dismal 4-9 with this loss. One would think with all the star power on that team that they could win more games, but something has yet to click.

"We have too much talent on this team to be playing like this," said Carmelo Anthony. "There are expectations in New York and right now we aren't meeting them; hell, we aren't even close if you ask me."

The Celtics run their win streak to 10 and will travel to face the Pistons on Thursday night.
New York Knicks (4-9) at Boston Celtics (11-2)
Nov 26, 20121234Final
New York2521182084
Boston1724272391
Top Performers
New York Knicks
Amare Stoudemire - 22 points, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks
Kendall Marshall - 17 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists
Boston Celtics
Kevin Garnett - 32 points, 5 rebounds, 2 blocks
Rajon Rondo - 11 points, 7 rebounds, 13 assists, 8 steals, 4 blocks
Team Stats Comparison
NYKBOS